Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work (16513 Views)

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? / Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by Godmind2022(m): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
[quote author=Meerahbel post=127140007][/quote]

It's not easy but try your best.
Stoop to conquer. Massage her ego. Show her compassion. Make her feel important. Make her your friend. You can't genuinely want to help someone and she will still be a torn in your flesh.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by Meerahbel: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
undecided
LOVEGINO:
wipe her.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by Danzakidakura(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nothing you can do bro just keep your head straight and always do your best those creatures are evil. God punish Jummai Momoh where ever she is.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by Nazgul: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
zoedew:

WRONG! PLEASE STAY PROFESSIONAL! The day the compliments don't come her way for one reason or the other you are dead meat! They typically don't forgive wrongs especially when they hold the ace and it is of a personal nature!
If you were very familiar with news papers say like 10 years ago, you'll notice that during the birthday of any serving politician, (could be the president, a governor, senator, reps member...) Company CEOs invest hundreds of thousands of naira to buy advert space and celebrate them.

Do you think they're doing it for nothing...of course not, most of them get contracts worth billions of naira. So in order to remain in the good books of serving politicians, and continue to receive contracts, they must continue singing their praises openly.

Same applies to office politics. Neutrality won't get you anywhere. In a federal government job, you might even be denied promotion if you choose to stay neutral (or professional as you put it). You must lobby your way to the top by acquitting yourself with the powers that be. Only then would you begin to receive juicy promotions.

If it's a privately owned firm headed by a woman, you must lobby your way to be in her good books.

Always be neat.

Know her birthday. And wish her happy birthday. (If possible, get her a gift)

Get a customized calendar for her towards the end of the year.

Agree with anything she says during staff briefings and request to answer any question(s) on her behalf.

With time, you would be noticed...and she'll make you her confidant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by zoedew: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nazgul:

If you were very familiar with news papers say like 10 years ago, you'll notice that during the birthday of any serving politician, (could be the president, a governor, senator, reps member...) Company CEOs invest hundreds of thousands of naira to buy advert space and celebrate them.

Do you think they're doing it for nothing...of course not, most of them get contracts worth billions of naira. So in order to remain in the good books of serving politicians, and continue to receive contracts, they must continue singing their praises openly.

Same applies to office politics. Neutrality won't get you anywhere. In a federal government job, you might even be denied promotion if you choose to stay neutral (or professional as you put it). You must lobby your way to the top by acquitting yourself with the powers that be. Only then would you begin to receive juicy promotions.

If it's a privately owned firm headed by a woman, you must lobby your way to be in her good books.

Always be neat.

Know her birthday. And wish her happy birthday. (If possible, get her a gift)

Get a customized calendar for her towards the end of the year.

Agree with anything she says during staff briefings and request to answer any question(s) on her behalf.

With time, you would be noticed...and she'll make you her confidant.
Well, but the day you forget her birthday you are most likely to get into trouble. One thing the typical woman never gets enough of is attention, care and love and that is the reason I caution against making that available to a female boss! Making that available to your wife is enough to keep working harder at replenishing your store!😊😎

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by BeigJawnson(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
You nailed it all

kellybently:

Do your job properly, also be good at eye service work to them is proactive and complement her with yes ma to make her happy.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by LegacyB: 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
Ignore or be tough!
Both with consequences.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by SaturnNick(m): 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
Would have love to give you some advice. But alas, I I'm a guy, and I have mine to settle with my male boss too.
Good luck shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by drsmut: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
Clicker ni

quote author=Optimum2023 post=127140111]Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.[/quote]
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by merits(m): 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2023

Hmmmmn o boy na pacient ooo, just be yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by greypencils: 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Become gay. Be a jester, flatterer, joke cracker in the office without dropping efficiency. Let her smile and she will leave you alone.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by Nazgul: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
zoedew:

Well, but the day you forget her birthday you are most likely to get into trouble. One thing the typical woman never gets enough of is attention, care and love and that is the reason I caution against making that available to a female boss! Making that available to your wife is enough to keep working harder at replenishing your store!😊😎
You're not doing it as a lover, you're doing it as a staff lobbying to remain in her good books. So you definitely wouldn't forget because there isn't any emotional tension between you two.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by luminouz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
DrAda:
For me, just simply do your job and we are good. Compliments do not work
Next time, I will tell you that you stink

Let's see if that works!!!

4 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by luminouz(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Zooposki:

Well you are always the man according to your misogynistic Bible. Don’t take it to the workplace. African men has done nothing to earn any respect. Only mumu Christian African women fall for that bullshit rhetoric about the man being a leader.
You need to get laid ASAP.

Your pheromones are choking me up brooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by enoch273: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
Here to take home some lessons from the comment section for posterity sake. Meanwhile. emerge in your game with audio and video sync in seconds on the oraimo spacepods.

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
NJV:
Just do your job to the best of your ability. Respect your boss but not to the point of being afraid. Apologize when you are faulted and genuinely improve on whatever the complain is.

Update yourself on the operational manual of your office if there's any, so you know how best to carryout your duties.

Above all, have a plan to upgrade yourself as you're working there. Either academically or by applying to other jobs but codedly. Never take any place of work as your last busstop except you're a civil servant.

When you have plans of improving your career and work towards it, you'll be less bothered by such hostilities in work places.

Above all, serve God. That way, you can pray and ask His favor and mercy to be with you always. All things can then work together for your good.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by DrAda(f): 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
luminouz:

Next time, I will tell you that you stink

Let's see if that works!!!

Like i mentioned earlier, focus on your job and do it exceptionally well. Playing to the gallery is very unnecessary particularly if you are ill-mannered and unprofessional.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by ComradeShegs(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
When working with a female boss, it's important to focus on professionalism and effective communication. Treat her with the same respect and courtesy you would any other colleague or supervisor. Be attentive, responsive, and open to feedback. Gender shouldn't impact your approach – emphasize collaboration, contribute your skills, and maintain a positive working relationship.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by jimcaddy(m): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
Honestly I can relate. You see female Nigerian bosses are so difficult to work with. They will Sha do something that will annoy you. Then again, you cannot do anything because na she dey pay your salary.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by ORIAYO70(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2023

Na same shoe me n u dey

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by ChengHun(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
This is the solution, when next she does something you don't like to you, tell respectfully and openly that you don't like what she did.
By so doing she will adjust

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by ifinger: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2023

Most of them are sex starved! No her weak point and exploit it ! Start by complementing her , find ways to get close to her ? Once u are in give her what she wants u will be surprised

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by 701adeyemo: 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
Put the picture of your spouse on your table, where she will always see itPut the picture of your spouse on your table, where she will always see it...
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by LordReed(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Optimum2023:
Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.

CofO na N5mil now o, 800k you dey play.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by luminouz(m): 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
DrAda:

Like i said earlier, focus on your job and do it exceptionally well. Playing to the gallery is very unnecessary particularly if you are already ill-mannered and unprofessional.
Good reply.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by emmyN(m): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
DrAda:
For me, simply do your job and we are good. Compliments do not work

They do, although the brain may try to rationalize they don't.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by DrAda(f): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
emmyN:

They do, although the brain may try to rationalize they don't.

On the contrary they don't. People tend to embellish on compliments only when they need something. I don't mind anyone doing that but I tend to distrust your motives especially when it is out of character.

The best way to curry my favour is to do your job well. That alone is hard enough to do considering the general lack of morals and discipline in this present generation.

Trying your utmost best to do your job diligently is all the compliment that i need because it saves me time and stress which in turn improves my overall well-being.

In a nutshell, ditch the compliments. It is off putting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by emmyN(m): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
DrAda:

On the contrary they don't. People tend to embellish on compliments only when they need something from you. I don't mind anyone doing that but I tend to distrust your motives especially when it is out of character.

The best way to curry my favour is to do your job well. That alone is hard enough to do now considering the general lack of morals and discipline in this present generation.

Trying your utmost best to do your job diligently is all the compliment that i need because it saves me time and stress which Interestingly can aid to improve my overall health and avert the onset of premature wrinkles.

In a nutshell, ditch the compliments. It is off putting

I'm sure a lot of other folks who have had issues with female bosses did do their jobs correctly, no?

Giving genuine compliments works everytime. It weakens defenses. You know it, that's why you have your walls up against them.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by DrAda(f): 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
emmyN:

I'm sure a lot of other folks who have had issues with female bosses did do their jobs correctly, no?

Giving genuine compliments works everytime. It weakens defenses. You know it, that's why you have your walls up against them.

Oh well, lets agree to disagree. I tend to dish out compliments too whenever I need a favour. It works like a charm.
I understand clearly how compliments work and I refuse to be swayed by it as a team lead particularly if it is wielded by an incompetent staff.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by emmyN(m): 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
DrAda:

Oh well, lets agree to disagree. I tend to dish out compliments whenever I need a favour. It works like a charm. I understand clearly how it works and I refuse to be swayed by it as a team lead particularly if it is wielded by an incompetent staff.

If you did it that way consistently, sure someone could see through the ruse in no time. My idea of giving compliments is to make people feel important in themselves, not because I need something immediately, but because I value an environment that exudes positive energy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by hkidola00(m): 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
lightwind:
I wish i could have a female Boss, i love them die.

I de melt them anyhow no matter how wicked they seem.
see you,be like you never work with ogbaaaa lady,I work at bet9ja with a female boss,this one dey insult and throw blow with customers,she dey talk anyhow to you wey dey work for am,how you won do that kind lady?
Re: Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work by DrAda(f): 11:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
emmyN:

If you did it that way consistently, sure someone could see through the ruse in no time. My idea of giving compliments is to make people feel important in themselves, not because I need something immediately, but because I value an environment that exudes positive energy.

That's great. I understand now why majority of the men here advocated for compliments. Unwittingly, you all are implying that women generally have poor self-esteem.

I sincerely hope it works for the op but I very much doubt it. Good night

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FREE Cover Letter Template For Job Seekers / 90% Of First Batch N-power Beneficiaries Have BVN Clearance – Presidency / Nafdac Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.