Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

N26m Balance Found In Bank Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N26m Balance Found In Bank Account (13176 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by eghost247(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2011
Shouldn't have posted it here on nairaland in the first place laughing at all this good Samaritan postings here most of them would do the complete opposite
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by chidyke77(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2011
Nigerians are not as bad as the westerners thought,just imagine what a Nigerian of all financial vices came up wt here and many of the replies by folks here advising him not to conceal the money. In fact,i just wish that westerners will come across this article for them to see that we weren't as corrupt as they painted us.
@op You will be blessed for bringing this out and will be blessed even more if you will disclose it to the bank and i assure you that you will never lack if you do.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by freecocoa(f): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2011
inspired_m:

Do the Right thing !!!

Withdraw the Money CASH and Take it to the Nearest
NIGERIA POLICE STATION

Report it as LOST and FOUND.  grin grin grin

This go be the worst mistake ever. grin
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by mxxpunkxx: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2011
funnily, 99.9% of the ppl here would "chop am clean mouth" . . . i can swear my life on that.

all i can say is: LET YOUR CONSCIENCE BE YOUR GUIDE, TO RETURN OR NOT TO RETURN
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Qman1: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2011
we we:

First of all, i dont believe that you cannt trace how the money came to your acct from the statement of account you printed. Even a system error will give some forms of narration.
Secondly, for every credit there is a debit somewhere (human or system) Money just dont magically appear in your account. The balance you saw in your account came from somewhere, and not by magic.
It must be that someone/system made a mistake and that person or the System operator will definately pay for it dearly.
Inform the manager of the bank. God's belssing does not come like this! PLEASE RETURN THE MONEY

I have checked time and time again. Believe it there is no sign of a deposit into the account. If there was I would not be discussing this here but would have informed the bank by now. I went to customer service sometime ago and asked the girl there to show me my last deposits on her screen, just to make sure. There was none. The balance only changed and someone told me the bank might even try and fabricate a case against me if I report it as a similar case has happened in a bank sometime ago.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by blackmale(m): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2011
99.5 % of you here advising the op, to return the money re just hypocrite, with jelous mind, if same thing happen to you people, you will go away with the money, oppotunity comes but once,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by chidyke77(m): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2011
mxxpunkxx:

funnily, 99.9% of the ppl here would "chop am clean mouth" . . .  i can swear my life on that.

all i can say is: LET YOUR CONSCIENCE BE YOUR GUIDE, TO RETURN OR NOT TO RETURN
who told you that?just speak for your corrupt mind and don't generalize.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by eghost247(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2011
chidyke77:

who told you that?just speak for your corrupt mind and don't generalize.
yeah right like u wouldnt do the same
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by chidyke77(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2011
eghost247:

yeah right like u wouldnt do the same
no need dragging issues wt you.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by eghost247(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2011
chidyke77:

no need dragging issues wt you.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Qman1: 9:57am On Oct 30, 2011
thanks everyone for your advice. I have not had peace since this issue and been finding it hard to concentrate on other things ever since.

I will follow my conscience and advice from some of you and get 2 people, if possible a lawyer to follow me to the bank on Monday to make a formal report. Thanks all.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by question(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2011
Something fishy or fake about this story.
The customer service checked the account and also cannot explain or raise alarm.
Anyway @ OP This is a test, you either pass it or fail it.
The ball cash is in your court account. Enjoy.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by justwise(m): 10:03am On Oct 30, 2011
Q-man:

thanks everyone for your advice. I have not had peace since this issue and been finding it hard to concentrate on other things ever since.

I will follow my conscience and advice from some of you and get 2 people, if possible a lawyer to follow me to the bank on Monday to make a formal report. Thanks all.

Please do that, as long as that money stays with u, u will never have peace of mind AND u will still be caught cos its traceable.

Do the right thing. good luck.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by airmark(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2011
chidyke77:

Nigerians are not as bad as the westerners thought,just imagine what a Nigerian of all financial vices came up wt here and many of the replies by folks here advising him not to conceal the money. In fact,i just wish that westerners will come across this article for them to see that we weren't as corrupt as they painted us.
@op You will be blessed for bringing this out and will be blessed even more if you will disclose it to the bank and i assure you that you will never lack if you do.

@ chidyke, if you are an igbo guy, i am impressed with few ones like you. Bravo.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by stagger: 10:09am On Oct 30, 2011
When auditors come around, they will definitely detect the money and trace it to the account where that money is lodged.

Simply out, you should meet the bank manager and ask them to trace the source of that money and eventually they will.

Do not succumb to the temptation from people here telling you "don't dull". Do you want to live wel, happy and in peace or have to look over your shoulder everytime you go to the bank?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by TheOne2(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2011
OP.  Do u mean dat ur balance magically changed from 1 mill to 26 mill without a credit input? If so someone will be after you very soon if u don't report it. Believe me, it will ultimately be detected after audit. It is clearly a glitch and someone has not been doing his job but they'll ultimately do it unless they want to pay back 26 mill from their pocket. Naija bank no dey leave their money for anyone o, neither employee or customer.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Agybabe(f): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2011
Sincerely we are human and we know the economic situation of the country. Besides Christmas is around the corner. In as much as it is wrong to keep the money, some might want to reserve small of it. Return it and God will use your honesty to reward you. The bank will rate you high and might reward you. Don't bother if the manager will misappropriate the money, you will be free at last from guilt. Return all of it please.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2011
Please am sure that credit in ur acct has reflected as debit in someone's acct. Is either the reconciliation officer has been sleeping for 4 straight months, which I doubt. Or he/she has been covering it hoping to trace the error someday. the bottom line is that as long as they reconcile their books someone must have seen it.  in the long run someone will pay for it.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by wewe1(m): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2011
blackmale:

99.5 % of you here advising the op, to return the money re just hypocrite, with jelous mind, if same thing happen to you people, you will go away with the money, oppotunity comes but once,

you are right, they wont bring it to this forum. But for him to have brought it, it means his mind is divided on it. And who does not know the right things to do but he needed a push to the right direction. So we must atleast do things right once in while by advising him to inform the bank.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Mavor: 10:26am On Oct 30, 2011
See my guy be wise and God-fearing. These bank workers are using your account as a storage for fraudlent purposes. Simply contact EFCC. Dont be tempted and dont be a fool. You will only end up messing up your life.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by kenerep: 10:29am On Oct 30, 2011
@op, your situation is quite funny, you have two extreme choices one return it or 2 keep it but.those two depends on how well, you know yourself, if you have a good backup as a godfather you can keeep it but if not jeje return it or you can take the third route of keeping the money as a fixed deposit in the same bank for 10 years and if they dont find out the money and the interest is yours or if they find out they take their money and you keep the interest you grab? Sincerely what I will do I don't know because I'm not in your shoes, if you take the third option no one will say you are a fool or a saint so choose based on how well you know yourself because only will either spend or go to jail
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Mavor: 10:34am On Oct 30, 2011
kenerep:

@op, your situation is quite funny, you have two extreme choices one return it or 2 keep it but.those two depends on how well, you know yourself, if you have a good backup as a godfather you can keeep it but if not jeje return it or you can take the third route of keeping the money as a fixed deposit in the same bank for 10 years and if they dont find out the money and the interest is yours or if they find out they take their money and you keep the interest you grab? Sincerely what I will do I don't know because I'm not in your shoes, if you take the third option no one will say you are a fool or a saint so choose based on how well you know yourself because only will either spend or go to jail
And what makes you think he wont get into trouble for touching that money at all, even for fixed deposit? The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by freecocoa(f): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2011
Q-man:

I have checked time and time again. Believe it there is no sign of a deposit into the account. If there was I would not be discussing this here but would have informed the bank by now. I went to customer service sometime ago and asked the girl there to show me my last deposits on her screen, just to make sure. There was none. The balance only changed and someone told me the bank might even try and fabricate a case against me if I report it as a similar case has happened in a bank sometime ago.
Fabricate fire,the person just wants you to keep the money,even if the bank traces the money to you,all they can do is BEG you to return it,after all it was a banker's error,the law doesn't have anything against you.But thank God you've decided to return it,I assure you,you'll be doing a good thing you won't regret.PEACE.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by olasberguk(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2011
Mr man this is ur oppurtunity to be someone in life
,go to d bank not alone o wit d press and get cheap publicity out of the bank,if u dot av a job negotiate for an appointment wit d bank or loan to start a business,make sure u carry along like 5 newspaper if people hear wat u av done ,they will be willing to help u move to d next stage in ur life.take that giant step today return d money or if u see d bank manager can default u ,transfer it to anoda bank and negotiate its release.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pro02: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2011
Whatever a man soweth so he reapeth.Free cocoa's advice is the best so far. . .though this is my own suggestion

Remember Jesus parable of the talents in Matthew-25:14-30 & luke-19:12-28.So i say trade with it,make profit

with it and returned the capital. As a christian,i would never advice you spend it,cos someone out there would be paying thru his/her nose. As a professional Forex trader(I know so many things has said about forex but believe it or

not,it's still the fastest way to make or loss money)i know how much profit i would have made from that money

in 4months.Yes i know it's hard to believe but not all of us(forex traders)lose money.At least 0.1% of us make profit and i don't mean to brag

my humble self is among the selected few.For proof hola at me 07063829063 to show you my live forex account history,

My proposition?
Let me trade for you(the fx accout would be opened in your name)make profits from that money then return it back to the bank.

Don't forget to come back to nairaland to testify. . .
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tellwisdom: 11:15am On Oct 30, 2011
Im very sure, 97% of people advising to return the money wld probably have a reversed action if they were in the Op's shoe angry angry. #Deciet angry
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by coolestboy(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2011
Kindly meet wit d bank authourities nt just d bank manager, becos who knows wat d banker is going 2ru presently? I know if u do dis, u are going 2 save @ least a soul and u wil neva regret it. Pls dont meet wit d branch manager alone becos 90% of d managers are thieves, make sure u meet wit d bank general overseer authourities and u wil neva av d cause 2 blame urself
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tlops(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2011
guy fix the money for some months and go tell the bank,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Woke4all(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2011
SUPER STORY

Anyways you can start by transfering the money to my account. I'll take it from there
undecided
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by begwong: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2011
Bro,u said d money has been in yr a/c for just 4mnths? branch audit/inspection take a minimum of 1yr to round up(b4 end of yr financial report) the corresponding debit of dat amount in in a suspense/proxy account yet to be detected in another branch.Rmber, all banks operate an online-real time banking. I am assurring u,you will do yr self gud informing the mgt of bank of dis error yourself. unfortunately,u hav started tampering with it(fraud). A CUSTOMER IS CURRENTLY FACING FRAUD CHARGES CAUSE OF SAME ACT WITH FIRSTBANK IN ONE OF THE SW STATES!, tho just an advice frm a banker! undecided
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BabaEleko(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2011
[size=20pt]@OP. . . . . . . .  . . . .Seriously and siincerely God will punish you if you EVER RETUN THAT MONEY.[/size]
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

[size=20pt]@OP. . . . . . . .  . . . .Seriously and siincerely God will punish you if you EVER RETUN THAT MONEY.[/size]

Typical Nigerian street rat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam / Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M / Binary Options: Better Than Forex, Shares And Any Other Trading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.