Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

N26m Balance Found In Bank Account - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N26m Balance Found In Bank Account (13147 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
tellwisdom:

Im very sure, 97% of people advising to return the money wld probably have a reversed action if they were in the Op's shoe angry angry. #Deciet angry

tellwisdom:

Ones in a life time blessing wink wink. So dont dull wink

faakay:

Since its over 4 months and the bank aint detecting, i will kindly advise to move the funds out of the bank to another one; if persist u re living in a rented apartment u change your location to an undisclose location. That will be the debt of the bank and insurance will cover if they later found out which the probability is low. This is an opportunity for you and it comes once in a life time, this what i call automatic money. Je ko mo, ja jo

OYINBOGOJU:

You will regret in Nigeria for telling that kind TRUTH

How are you sure the bank manager will remit the money into the appropriate place after deduction from your account?

Or haven`t you heard Bank Managers do steal money from Customers account.

Its not your fault bro so don`t take chance.

Areosapien:

Unintentional hammering! Abeg, kindly move it to a new bank account, change your home address and you're officially a MADE MAN! Na your fault? Abeg there's nothing to feel guilty about. And what makes you think the manager won't even pocket it the second you bring it back in. This is not your fight, so kindly corner the greens juh. Some days are like that cool 

claremont:

@OP: If I were you, I will "chop the money, and clean my mouth wella". You better collect this God's early Christmas blessing for you, before God opens the eyes of the bank and they discover their error! grin cheesy cheesy

sniperwolf:

I.ve never indulge in crime before but if I were in your position, I will not talk. Think of what 26million can do. Let's call a spade a spade 90% of people here will do likewise

blackmale:

99.5 % of you here advising the op, to return the money re just hypocrite, with jelous mind, if same thing happen to you people, you will go away with the money, oppotunity comes but once,

olasberguk:

Mr man this is your oppurtunity to be someone in life
,go to d bank not alone o wit d press and get cheap publicity out of the bank,if u dot av a job negotiate for an appointment wit d bank or loan to start a business,make sure u carry along like 5 newspaper if people hear wat u av done ,they will be willing to help u move to d next stage in your life.take that giant step today return d money or if u see d bank manager can default u ,transfer it to anoda bank and negotiate its release.

Baba_Eleko:

[size=20pt]@OP. . . . . . . .  . . . .Seriously and siincerely God will punish you if you EVER RETUN THAT MONEY.[/size]

sicily4u:

don't mind this idi0t called justwise , and collect the money if u like

sicily4u:

As for me, what i will do is i will withdraw the money and change it in dollars little by little and after that i will leave it in dollars in my possession for about 2months and i will change it to naira again and open a new account in 2diffrent banks and putting the money gradually until i change all the dollars to naira, that is what i will do, what about our leaders that is eating our money for long time, what have happen to them ? I don't care.

JUST REMEMBER TO CHANGE LOCATION ASAP.

livapul86:

Chei!! God if this story is indeed true, wetin i do U. Why can't a miracle like this happen to me. @OP: Its a no brainer, though i commend your desire to seek informed opinions, kindly discard the hypocrisy of posters telling you to return it. You should instead fix the amount in the same bank for at least two years, if it hasn't been detected THEN take YOUR CASH. If you don't need the money, then transfer it to  the countless number of orphanage homes around with people that are in dire straits. Thank you.

tEsLim:

Take out the 26m. Keep 6million safe for lawyer invest the rest.

Then when bubble burst start going to court smiley ,  I go pay no dey go jail. You will pay installmentally later from your investments

tlops:

go fireman church and give him 10%. that way u are protected.

while you are contemplating put the money in fixed deposit as the bank advised and report to the bank when you are man enough to do so.

the source of the money could be one of two errors. wrong deposit and typo error: xtra zeroes. if its wrong deposit, there is problem they will find you. if its typo, I dont know,

the ball is in your court decide

DJTee:

No chop the money o. . . INVEST EVERYTHING. Try pure water or restaurant business or bar in vi. . .even banks will.

I can guarantee that most banks,will lend u up to 55m addition ptoviding your investing 25m in d business.

Get rich NOW or die trying bruv!!!

Βουκέφαλος:

If u tell the bank they might keep it for themselves. DON'T DULL. SPEND THE MONEY. THIS MIGHT BE A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY. DON'T DULL!!

Connoisseur:

I think i have an idea of what will happen when you report this;
the bank will freeze your account *your own legitimate money inclusive* and will conduct an investigation that will last for 3months or more *depending on how much they want to frustrate you*.
I woulda invested that money this last 4months instead of leaving it fallow all  this while.

PS: its actually a sin leaving such money lying around when sth useful cld be done wit it.

Ogbakolo:

%[/color] 99% of persons on this forum are hypocrate if u foolishly return that money God will punish u, pls insteady of returning this money to the lucky manager pls a whole lot of us on this forum need cash, Atm machine once over pay a friend of mine1 sunday and he return the balance the following day, the matter took another dimention u know what i mean, he was save by a friend of his bro who was a big shot in that industry, am written again because d early advice i wrote has be removed & i equal notice that good advice given to u yesterday has all be removed leaving only those from hypocrite, people hate u on dis forum. GOD PLS SEND THIS TYPE OF BLESSING TO your SON [color=#000099]

Ogbakolo:

[color=#000099][/color] This is a gift from the almight God, all those asking u to return this money bring in God name they are jealous, and their are hypocrate, keep your money for your seif. And if u can give your brother some thing to start bussine7 with God go bless u more, i wonder why this kind thing no come my way, u are 4rm rich family it appear u are comfortable, God open heaven and make way 4 me am at a dead end. reachout2mike@yahoo.com 

armadeo:

grin grin grin na wa oh. pls return the money to me my bank says that they are trying to trace m y 26million. i need it for some on going projects. I will give u 1 milla inside for your honesty.

Nigeria is in a very deep mire if these posts represent the mindset of the average youth.  Worse still, most of these people are ready to scream Jesus or Allah at the drop of a hat.  Any better evidence that religion has failed in Nigeria? Someone even wrote that God would punish the poster if he ventures to return the money!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

They criticize the corrupt leaders but they themselves are potentially corrupt. What is the way forward for Nigeria if this is the set of people that will take on the leadership of Nigeria (socially, politically, etc)?

There is NO justification whatsoever for taking what does not belong to you! Is anybody in doubt of that?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by mrofficial(m): 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
Will I even bring this issue to Nairalanders? I'll only come to tell you guyz of how I spent the money.

@Poster, if you return it, you don miss blessing. This na computer error, no be person money wey you see for ground. grin
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by TomFord: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ok its like the poster has made his decision if it isn't late i suggest you go to the headoffice not your branch,book an appointment with the ceo and explain your predicament where not possible try a top shot in mgt.i'm not too comfortable with branch manager or account officer(who's to say there can't be connivance)bottomline don't be boxed in.senior exec only
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
mr.official:

Will I even bring this issue to Nairalanders? I'll only come to tell you guyz of how I spent the money.

@Poster, if you return it, you don miss blessing. This na computer error, no be person money wey you see for ground. grin

What extent won't you guys go to justify this act? Which one is computer error? Can you expatiate on it? Do you know that for every credit there must be a debit?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Malila: 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
OP how can you ask what to do?

The money came by computer error. Take it and if any one asks you go blame computer error. You just say, "I never noticed the money, my statements would show the same amount as I had saved in my account". Then they'll know there was indeed a big computer error.

They'd try to scare you with questions like, "We have camera records of you withdrawing 6,000,000 Naira from ATM"

You say, "I have never withdrawn such amount of money from ATM. If the ATM reported as such then it must have been computer error. May I see the footage, please?"

You get the flow? Whatever discrepancy or material fact they throw to you deny it if it's discriminating. And say whatever computer generated reports they rely on are due to computer error. It will be hard for them to beat you there because the whole fracas began with a computer error.

And that's a small change for banks. They will not press charges because it will tarnish their image in the market. And you are not really stealing from anyone because the money will be compensated by insurance. Unless you feel guilty for grabbing some insurance money. Those insurers are fat cats feeding off probabilities.

This is your moment bro, make the most of it.

Do NOT. I Repeat, Do NOT Return the Money. And Do NOT speak of it with anyone, not even the Bank Manager!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by feeqtee(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2011
@ Q-Man, dont be daft. What advice do you need and why? My friend its better for your life to return that money. Person wey chop gbi na im dey die gbi! After this talk you dey OYO.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Tricici(f): 11:29am On Nov 01, 2011
Dearest, this probably results from an operational error/unauthorized transfer. it happens a lot in banks! even if it has been 4 months rest assured that once the bank realizes it they will contact you with force and plead to have the full amount recovered
If u r a peace lover, the easiest thing for you is to walk into the BM' office qnd have this rectified. Won't be no joke when they'll realize it & start chasing u.
If u r a ride til i die person, mehn u r settled!
If ur account was a dormant one this smells like some internal fraud on transit into ur account.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Malila: 11:58am On Nov 01, 2011
No Tracici , the truth is if he's smart enough he can disappear with such kind of money and live happily ever after.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2011
Malila:

No Tracici , the truth is if he's smart enough he can disappear with such kind of money and live happily ever after.

Live happily ever after? It's not possible. Did he work for it? Do you realize that you can only 'hold' an amount of money that you have grown the capacity to 'sustain'?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
Malila:

OP how can you ask what to do?

The money came by computer error. Take it and if any one asks you go blame computer error. You just say, "I never noticed the money, my statements would show the same amount as I had saved in my account". Then they'll know there was indeed a big computer error.

They'd try to scare you with questions like, "We have camera records of you withdrawing 6,000,000 Naira from ATM"

You say, "I have never withdrawn such amount of money from ATM. If the ATM reported as such then it must have been computer error. May I see the footage, please?"

You get the flow? Whatever discrepancy or material fact they throw to you deny it if it's discriminating. And say whatever computer generated reports they rely on are due to computer error. It will be hard for them to beat you there because the whole fracas began with a computer error.

And that's a small change for banks. They will not press charges because it will tarnish their image in the market. And you are not really stealing from anyone because the money will be compensated by insurance. Unless you feel guilty for grabbing some insurance money. Those insurers are fat cats feeding off probabilities.

This is your moment bro, make the most of it.

Do NOT. I Repeat, Do NOT Return the Money. And Do NOT speak of it with anyone, not even the Bank Manager!

Suppose a man suffering from dementia forgets an insured valuable on your parcel of land.  You saw the man when he forgot it and you knew he won't remember.  Would you convert the item to yours saying it was insured?

No matter how you try to stretch this argument, what is not yours is not yours. Simple.  It is not about religion, it is about what is right.  Stop confusing the OP, let him do what is right and stop hiding under computer error. 

What is computer error?  Don't you know that for every debit there must be a corresponding credit?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Malila: 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
Pukkah,

What is computer error? Don't you know that for every debit there must be a corresponding credit?

Don't worry computers can do miracles with accounts. The money can sometimes come trickling from "the margins" if you know what that means. The debit and credits balance out and some unaccounted for change remains.

OP, this is your miracle. The day you go pray for God to give you money he'll be looking down at you and shaking his head. Take it and if you have any doubts still lingering in your heart go ask God for forgiveness, not the BM.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
Malila:

Pukkah,

Don't worry computers can do miracles with accounts. The money can sometimes come trickling from "the margins" if you know what that means. The debit and credits balance out and some unaccounted for change remains.

OP, this is your miracle. The day you go pray for God to give you money he'll be looking down at you and shaking his head. Take it and if you have any doubts still lingering in your heart go ask God for forgiveness, not the BM.

Your premise is not correct so your conclusion can't be right. Your premise states that the OP was credited by 'computer error'. shocked What evidence does this rely on? Do you want to say because the OP is about to take an important decision?

You went ahead to say that the 'debit and credits balance out and some unaccounted for change remains'. This is as clear as muddy water. How can anything remain after the 'debit and credit balance out'? Is this logical? Why are you labouring so hard to confuse and confound the OP?

Can you now see why your conclusion is faulty and resort to calling God's name ridiculous? Is this how your own God forgives?

By the way, you did not answer the question I asked you in my analogy.

Let's stand for what is right. It may be difficult but let's do what's right.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by cash99: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2011
@poster, N26m is not N1. i mean is an amount that can change so many things in nigeria but i will advice u follow ur conscience. do what is right by informing the bank manager and if u feel the manager won't report it, then report it to their overall head office in Lagos. who knows, ur reward might just be on its way not to mention Heaven
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Tolodu: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
My dear friend, the bank will get to know one day, but i will advice you its better if you can withdraw the money from your bank account get it fixed in another bank, wait until they come back to you regards to the funds, it will be easy for you to return.and at the same time you made some cool cash out of there mistake, bank manager will swap this from you and possible resign afterwards, if you have a business you are sure of why not build itself with the money and always have it at the back of your mind tomorrow they will call back for the money, at least with a time frame you can return it when asked for, never you think of adding the money to your money, such money will not take you far, but when you have a clear mind to return it when asked for,use it as much as you are still waiting for them to ask for it, Finally when you are made from the money and no call or request from the bank, sow the money as a seed,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by VoodooDoll(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2011
Dude,

1) Withdraw the amount that is legitimately yours (don't let the bank freeze the account with your money still inside oh!!!);
2) Obtain bank statements before and after the bank error;
3) Inform a respectable member of society of your action;
4) Notify the bank's management staff; and
5) Insist on receiving a statement after the bank corrects its error with a letter confirming the error has been corrected.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by putter: 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
Follow your conscience bro, follow your conscience.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by fm7070: 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2011
Chineke meeeeeeeeeeee,
Why you no let this kind of thing happen to me, so I can change my mind about the money ritual I'm planning for?
If you return the money, the bank manager will swindle it, I can bet that!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
fm7070:

Chineke meeeeeeeeeeee,
Why you no let this kind of thing happen to me, so I can change my mind about the money ritual I'm planning for?

Why do some of you go about giving comical pieces of advice when someone is obviously asking for a serious opinion?

What is the basis on which you stated you could wager a bet that the manager of the bank will swindle (sic) the money? Do you realize that this is a weighty statement to make? It is one thing to be without integrity and it is another thing to make careless statements that hurt the sensibilities of others.

Is there any surprise that Nigeria is like this if the minds of some of her youths are like this: 'money ritual' embarassed, 'bank manager swindling'. SMH

You better roll up your sleeves and work instead of lazily entertaining primitive and barbaric thoughts of money ritual. There's no short-cut to success, ok?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by fm7070: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2011
@Pukkah
Shut up there!
Who is making careless statement?
oooooh, you're a bank manager.
Explain how money get transferred from one account to the other and such money disappear in a suspicious manner.
Many bank managers who connive with armed robbers to come and rob a bank.
so, stop giving craps here.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BoOOosHBoy: 6:15am On Nov 12, 2011
Insults raining again
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
fm7070:

Chineke meeeeeeeeeeee,

Pukkah:

Why do some of you go about giving comical pieces of advice when someone is obviously asking for a serious opinion?

What is the basis on which you stated you could wager a bet that the manager of the bank will swindle (sic) the money? Do you realize that this is a weighty statement to make? It is one thing to be without integrity and it is another thing to make careless statements that hurt the sensibilities of others.

Is there any surprise that Nigeria is like this if the minds of some of her youths are like this: 'money ritual' embarassed, 'bank manager swindling'. SMH

You better roll up your sleeves and work instead of lazily entertaining primitive and barbaric thoughts of money ritual. There's no short-cut to success, ok?

fm7070:

@Pukkah
Shut up there!
Who is making careless statement?
oooooh, you're a bank manager.
Explain how money get transferred from one account to the other and such money disappear in a suspicious manner.
Many bank managers who connive with armed robbers to come and rob a bank.
so, stop giving craps here.

BoOOosHBoy:

Insults raining again

Yeah, I also saw the insults but I won't dent my dignity and self-worth by going into a needless argument with an uncouth and ill-bred scoundrel. It's beyond him to understand the far-reaching issues which are at stake here. Or what do you call someone that claimed he attends church service (and church seminars) also saying that he had been planning for a money ritual? A confused man? Hypocrite? Both?

At least, well-meaning and serious-minded people can read through the thread and judge for themselves.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by missjane: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
If it's the bank, i guess they must have detected the error by now, if they hav good IT staff, since u said it was system maintainance problem. What if someone probably ur boss in the office, set this trap (maybe they are looking to promote an executive that won't embezel their funds) and they planned with the bank. Returning the money could mean a major breakthrough for u in life. Even if its not from the office, God has definitely set u up for a promotion and the devil is tryin to fight it. God doesn't tempt us, so who is tempting u? D devil of cos. If the bank manager likes, let him steal it after u return it, its between him and God. This is an achievement u can even include in ur cv! The bank will give u a recommendation and possibly the dailys will carry it. I'm proud of u,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by macpreneur: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
Check out hot cake December businesses for this year end you can do on your own
http://naijapreneurs./2011/12/06/yuletide-green-businesses/
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by martyna4lf(f): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2012
My dear , God's blessings does not add sorrow but brings joy.

DO not mind mind any advise that says transfer to another

bank because that advice spells doom. You will be richly blessed

if you call your bank manager and your account officer to report

excess fund just as you can report unknown withdrawals

god will bless you as you do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flour Mills to Acquire 76.8% stake in rival Honeywell Group at N80 Billion / How Can I Get My Uba Account IBAN Code / Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.