Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,979 members, 7,835,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

N26m Balance Found In Bank Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N26m Balance Found In Bank Account (13180 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by kenerep: 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
@mavoo, sincerely nothing concerns me, i have laid out.the best option for him and like I said last though did not type it well, if he spends it he spends it alone and if he's caught he's the only one that goes to jail.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BabaEleko(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2011
justwise:

Typical Nigerian street rat.

Uncle D like u. because say my name na baba eleko Nigeria kor. Libya ni.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by sicily4u: 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2011
As for me, what i will do is i will withdraw the money and change it in dollars little by little and after that i will leave it in dollars in my possession for about 2months and i will change it to naira again and open a new account in 2diffrent banks and putting the money gradually until i change all the dollars to naira, that is what i will do, what about our leaders that is eating our money for long time, what have happen to them ? I don't care.

JUST REMEMBER TO CHANGE LOCATION ASAP.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
sicily4u:

As for me, what i will do is i will withdraw the money and change it in dollars little by little and after that i will leave it in dollars in my possession for about 2months and i will change it to naira again and open a new account in 2diffrent banks and putting the money gradually until i change all the dollars to naira, that is what i will do, what about our leaders that is eating our money for long time, what have happen to them ? I don't care.

The same excuse every common criminal gives. Nonsense. you change it to dollar and back to naira then dollar again, mumu
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BetaThings: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
The story is either a lie or
Nigerians are crooks. Period

If this were a N1,000 wrong debit into his account, would he come here to complain?
If you would report a wrong debit to the bank, why not a wrong credit?

And people are seriously telling others (because the OP made this up) how to steal money. Perhaps an Obama could have stolen $50,000 dollars as a boy, where would that have got him today instead of the white house
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2011
If the money is not yours, it is not yours.

Choose Integrity and sleep easy

Cheers
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BetaThings: 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
sicily4u:

Nothing happens to them
Bode George and Ibori will confirm that they have always known that

Maybe you should become a leader before stealing. Afterall  leaders are the only people allowed to steal and get away with it UNTIL,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by sicily4u: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
@justwise

God punish u and ur family idi0t
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by begwong: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

[size=20pt]@OP. . . . . . . .  . . . .Seriously and siincerely God will punish you if you EVER RETUN THAT MONEY.[/size]
. . . . and what will be your advice when he eventually get caught by the bank and convicted for fraud?  
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BetaThings: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

@OP. . . . . . . .  . . . .Seriously and siincerely God will punish you if you EVER RETUN THAT MONEY.

God? Which god?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by babaowo: 1:22pm On Oct 30, 2011
nah man go decide oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Just follow ur heart dude.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2011
sicily4u:

@justwise

God punish u and your family idi0t

grin grin grin ur ''god'' is a dead one.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by livapul86(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2011
Chei!! God if this story is indeed true, wetin i do U. Why can't a miracle like this happen to me. @OP: Its a no brainer, though i commend your desire to seek informed opinions, kindly discard the hypocrisy of posters telling you to return it. You should instead fix the amount in the same bank for at least two years, if it hasn't been detected THEN take YOUR CASH. If you don't need the money, then transfer it to  the countless number of orphanage homes around with people that are in dire straits. Thank you.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by begwong: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2011
@all opposing the report/return of the money to the bank. . .practising fraudsters just exhibiting their stock in trade. [b][/b]
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BetaThings: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
livapul86:

Chei!! God if this story is indeed true, wetin i do U. Why can't a miracle like this happen to me. @OP: Its a no brainer, though i commend your desire to seek informed opinions, kindly discard the hypocrisy of posters telling you to return it. You should instead fix the amount in the same bank for at least two years, if it hasn't been detected THEN take YOUR CASH. If you don't need the money, then transfer it to  the countless number of orphanage homes around with people that are in dire straits. Thank you.
Hypocrisy? When a bank debited my account for issuing a cheque to a third party for cash, I went there pronto. When they duplicated a debit my account in error, I complained loudly
When they credit in error, I cannot see the hypocrisy in telling them. Afterall, error or no error, this, in practical terms, has the same effect as me passing a wrong debit to the bank and they have the right to recover it
BTW let no one be deceived on this matter. Case law has established that the bank has the right to recover. Jiwani case of 1976 is clear on this matter
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by sicily4u: 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
don't mind this idi0t called justwise , and collect the money if u like
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Outstrip(f): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2011
This is truly sad. Calling people who are advising the poster to do the right thing hypocrits.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tEsLim(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2011
Take out the 26m. Keep 6million safe for lawyer invest the rest.

Then when bubble burst start going to court smiley , I go pay no dey go jail. You will pay installmentally later from your investments
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BetaThings: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
Nigeria is a big haven of thieves. No wonder people are trading in children and human parts
Maybe instead of the Nigerian Stock Exchange
Nigeria should set up the Nigerian SCAM Exchange
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by BetaThings: 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
tEsLim:

Take out the 26m. Keep 6million safe for lawyer invest the rest.

Then when bubble burst start going to court smiley , I go pay no dey go jail. You will pay installmentally later from your investments
I don't know if you are a lawyer. The dude has NO CHANCE of winning this case. Only the rogue lawyer will benefit
The bank WOULD be prepared to spend any AMOUNT on this case to once and for all send a LOUD warning to potential THIEVES who would try this trick
They can go to court with 20 SANs.
Let us see how his measly lawyer will perform
He will lose every kobo because the money was not his from the beginning
Just do a search and see the conditions one must fulfil to keep any money wrongly credited into one's account
Only somebody suffering from dementia/advanced senility is likely to qualify to keep that money

In any case, the OP is trolling to attract attention. Somebody who has been dealing only in 5 digits would suddenly withdraw N6m without anybody raising eyebrows?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tlops(m): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2011
go fireman church and give him 10%. that way u are protected.

while you are contemplating put the money in fixed deposit as the bank advised and report to the bank when you are man enough to do so.

the source of the money could be one of two errors. wrong deposit and typo error: xtra zeroes. if its wrong deposit, there is problem they will find you. if its typo, I dont know,

the ball is in your court decide
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by iykak47: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2011
Its a big lie i dont believe this story.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
No chop the money o. . . INVEST EVERYTHING. Try pure water or restaurant business or bar in vi. . .even banks will.

I can guarantee that most banks,will lend u up to 55m addition ptoviding ur investing 25m in d business.

Get rich NOW or die trying bruv!!!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2011
No chop the money o. . . INVEST EVERYTHING. Try pure water or restaurant business or bar in vi. . .even banks will.

I can guarantee that most banks,will lend u up to 55m addition ptoviding ur investing 25m in d business.

Get rich NOW or die trying bruv!!!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tlops(m): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2011
iykak47:

Its a big lie i dont believe this story.

the question is not in the veracity of the case, but what would you do if you found NGN 26M in your account?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by 1forall: 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2011
Similar thing happened to the current governor of Oyo State and he kept quiet, the bank has since charged him to court.

Read it here: http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5134.html

Do the right thing, your conscience knows what it is.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
Chei, criminals full this nairaland oo. See the way people are advicing him to clean the account.

@OP
Follow you conscience and report to the bank manager and your life will be better for it.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by frenchman2: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
This story doesn't sound real.

poster must be having fun reading all the replies; good, bad and ugly.

anyway, let me give the poster the benefit of doubt.

since you already had over N1million naira in your account before the mysterious cash surfaced

tells me you're comfortable.  (at least nigerian standard)

and you have the capacity to make more.

so why take what's not yours.

don't forget, what you sow is what u reap
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by iykak47: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2011
tlops:

the question is not in the veracity of the case, but what would you do if you found NGN 26M in your account?

I said i dont believe the story and you  still need my opinion (perhaps looking for solid  reason to castigate me}  Ok, now most people on NL said they would return the money  then why should i be left behind so let me join the queue, i would return the thing angry angry angry angry lol
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
If u tell the bank they might keep it for themselves. DON'T DULL. SPEND THE MONEY. THIS MIGHT BE A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY. DON'T DULL!!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by vascey(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
Hi Op, I hardly comment on NL but I feel compelled to make this comment due to my personal experience and my percieved possible outcome of this issue.
As a teller (NYSC), I once mistakenly overpaid on a cheque by N1.1 million. How I did it? Simply added an imaginary "0" to N123,000. Very simple indeed. The beneficiary was a simpleton. An "illiterate" hausa dude who served as an errand boy for a clearing agency in Apapa. Illiterate in quotes because though uneducated, he eventually did the right thing.
Bottom line, The error was discovered after 3 months but the money was returned by the guy (an angel as far as I am concerned) on that same day, intact.
He had similar reservations (to be or not to be) and chose to err on the side of "foolishness". But that one action made him an instrument of God to me and a lot of other people because the consequences of running off with the money would have been catastrophic and with multiple casualities.

My point- It is highly probable that someone made that same mistake and yet it has not been discovered. Tread with caution. Don't be the reason someone commits suicide or is driven to perpetual slavery. An error could have been made by anyone but you can always be the hand of God in someone's life. That poor uneducated hausa dude had better incentive/opportunity/rationalization to go off with that money than you do but did not because of a voice. That same voice (your conscience) is speaking to you and I suggest you heed it. Unburden your conscience and return the money to the bank.
Cheers.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by john6006: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2011
I think the proper thing to do is to inform the bank, because bank never forget, they will always come back for that money.safe yourself now the stress later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get Your Business Plan On A Small Scale Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory / Flour Mills to Acquire 76.8% stake in rival Honeywell Group at N80 Billion / Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.