Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

N26m Balance Found In Bank Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N26m Balance Found In Bank Account (13179 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by 989900: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
Story, story, lol.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Connoisseur(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
I think i have an idea of what will happen when you report this;
the bank will freeze your account *your own legitimate money inclusive* and will conduct an investigation that will last for 3months or more *depending on how much they want to frustrate you*.
I woulda invested that money this last 4months instead of leaving it fallow all  this while.

PS: its actually a sin leaving such money lying around when sth useful cld be done wit it.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by engrj(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
see money See Death return it
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tlops(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2011
@OP before you go to the bank tomorrow kindly read the publication below.

You'd think that finding more than £10,000 in cash, in a bag next to a cash machine, and returning it to its rightful owners would be applauded. But for one man, all that it resulted in was a £300 fine.

Robert Adams, 54, saw the bag full of money next to a cash machine with Chase Bank's logo on the side. Instead of taking advantage, the resident of Arlington Heights, Illinois, returned it to the bank in question.

But he made a mistake, by giving police false information about exactly where he found it.

Adams found the large sum of cash on the night of 6 June while using an ATM inside the shop Walgreens. He had planned to meet a woman for a date, but when she failed to show decided to buy a drink before heading home.

Instead of handing in the money in the area where he found it, Adams took it to a police station nearer to his home where he said he felt more comfortable speaking to local police in familiar surroundings.

"I didn't want to go back into Walgreens, so I thought I would drive to the Chase Bank near my house and return it," he told the Southtown Star in the US.

But thinking it would result in fewer questions, Adams told the bank — and the police — that he'd found the money near his home not in the shop.

The error cost him $500 (£312).

Of course, leaving that sort of cash just lying about is a concern for any bank. So they, the security firm that lost the money and the police started to look into it. What they discovered was that Adams had lied about where he found the cash.

He was captured on CCTV picking up the money, leaving the shop and getting into his car, and then charged with lying in a police report — resulting in his fine.

"I accept the fine. I'm very sorry about this whole thing," Adams told the Chicago Tribune. He was never offered a reward for returning the cash.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Man-fined-returning-10-000-yahoofinanceuk-3328382006.html

as you have kept the money for 4 months, you will have to pay the accrued interest for the period.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2011
Whatever you sow, you shall reap.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2011
tlops:

@OP before you go to the bank tomorrow kindly read the publication below.

You'd think that finding more than £10,000 in cash, in a bag next to a cash machine, and returning it to its rightful owners would be applauded. But for one man, all that it resulted in was a £300 fine.

Robert Adams, 54, saw the bag full of money next to a cash machine with Chase Bank's logo on the side. Instead of taking advantage, the resident of Arlington Heights, Illinois, returned it to the bank in question.

But he made a mistake, by giving police false information about exactly where he found it.

Adams found the large sum of cash on the night of 6 June while using an ATM inside the shop Walgreens. He had planned to meet a woman for a date, but when she failed to show decided to buy a drink before heading home.

Instead of handing in the money in the area where he found it, Adams took it to a police station nearer to his home where he said he felt more comfortable speaking to local police in familiar surroundings.

"I didn't want to go back into Walgreens, so I thought I would drive to the Chase Bank near my house and return it," he told the Southtown Star in the US.

But thinking it would result in fewer questions, Adams told the bank — and the police — that he'd found the money near his home not in the shop.

The error cost him $500 (£312).

Of course, leaving that sort of cash just lying about is a concern for any bank. So they, the security firm that lost the money and the police started to look into it. What they discovered was that Adams had lied about where he found the cash.

He was captured on CCTV picking up the money, leaving the shop and getting into his car, and then charged with lying in a police report — resulting in his fine.

"I accept the fine. I'm very sorry about this whole thing," Adams told the Chicago Tribune. He was never offered a reward for returning the cash.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Man-fined-returning-10-000-yahoofinanceuk-3328382006.html

as you have kept the money for 4 months, you will have to pay the accrued interest for the period.

How did the two cases related?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by ochukoccna: 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2011
U need not come to Nairaland to know whether to return the money or not.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Connoisseur(m): 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2011
tlops:

Exactly my point, if you aint keeping it then you ve waited almost too long to return it. I know exactly what i'd do if i were to be in your shoes *coming to nairaland wldnt be an option*

come to think of it, why wait for 4 months befor you start contemplating on whether to return or not. Return the money if you must, dnt just let it lie there
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by mikymouse1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
Super story, I can bet with all my earthly possession that this story is NOT true, but in the unlikely event that it happens to anybody reading this post, pls return it for 3 Reasons
Firstly, its not yours
Secondly, somebody who goofed will pay for it
Thirdly, the bank will FIND out someday, no matter how Long it takes
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by cjomeje1: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
My lawyer once told me of how his pastor prophesied 2 his poor member dat he'd be a millionaire within a month. He eventualy ran in2 #2M left in an uncompleted building by robbers fleeing from police. My friend claimed dat was fulfilment of prophesy. Let me ask at dis point:if dis (26m) was an idol dat could wipe out a family, would d poster had kept it for 4 months now? It boils down 2 greed (idolatry-Col 3:5). Dis porter must be a sound christian whose virtues has been eroded by prosperity preachers. Hence d 4 months temptation 2 keep d cash. But i tell u d truth,once u go behind bars,all d options u'd ve applied 'd get crystal clear 2 u. U DON'T NEED A LAWYER.GO 2 D BANK,GET D BANK'S ACC NO & RETURN D cash in draft. By so doing,d manager won't tamper wit it. Den tell d manager 4 he knows how 2 apply 4 d cash 2 correct d anomaly. U don't need publicity so he dat sees what is done in secrete wil reward u openly. Mat 6:2
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
[color=#000099][/color] This is a gift from the almight God, all those asking u to return this money bring in God name they are jealous, and their are hypocrate, keep ur money for ur seif.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ogbakolo:

[color=#000099][/color] This is a gift from the almight God, all those asking u to return this money bring in God name they are jealous, and their are hypocrate, keep your money for your seif. And if u can give your brother some thing to start bussine7 with God go bless u more, i wonder why this kind thing no come my way, u are 4rm rich family it appear u are comfortable, God open heaven and make way 4 me am at a dead end. r[b]eachout2mike@yahoo.com [/b]

Why are u dropping your email address? No be your mates dey carry gun rob bank? You are not jealous still you are dropping ur email address, Mumu.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by xterra2(m): 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2011
OP you sef you be mumu angry
about 4 months and people didnt notice ? especially the bank ?
and you didnt withdraw the money gradually ?
i would have withdrawn the money gradually and spread it to other banks and be enjoying the money

Once in a life time opportunity,dont screw it USE THE MONEY
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by ridgeman: 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2011
no need to take the money out,

my advice is dont touch it, just keep getting regular bank statements,

if you are a clever business man then you would know that having a bank statement like that can make doing business very easy,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by bioroma: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2011
Go to the bank and declare the truth,it is not ur business wat dey do wit d money,as long as your own real balance is given to you.
Remember,wealth gotten by vanity will dimish,it is only he dat gathers by labour dat will increase. But if u tink u can eat d money,u will eventually pay back in an unpalatable way,and u will pay back 7folds.Dont sow a bad seed for ur posterity cos it will germinate someday. BE WARNED, GOD IS WATCHING
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by tlops(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2011
ridgeman:

no need to take the money out,

my advice is dont touch it, just keep getting regular bank statements,

if you are a clever business man then you would know that having a bank statement like that can make doing business very easy,

what if the person who made the mistake is roasting in kirikiri for an unknown fraud.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by darne(m): 12:15am On Oct 31, 2011
Hmmmmm Do You Need My Phone Number Make We Talk ? I`ll Give You An Advice & You Would Love It Bro, wink
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by darne(m): 12:18am On Oct 31, 2011
justwise:

Why are u dropping your email address? No be your mates dey carry gun rob bank? You are not jealous still you are dropping your email address, Mumu.

I Don Die O ! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by kenjudy(m): 12:55am On Oct 31, 2011
Op: I'll advice u report to the top bank management or better still explain to ur account officer about the situation and see the bank managent with him/her. Remember what d boko haram has done to our dear country and u could be suspected as an informant of theirs if u spend this money and later caught unawares. U never can tell what the devil is planning against u, God doesn't bless this way from all I know. Manners only fall from heaven in d times of moses but no more now, God bless u as u take this wise decision, and as for not spending the money till now, I believe God must have prepared ur blessings for u if u complete this task and shame d devil, No be only u dey naija ooo. God bless u my brother, may d likes of u be more in Nigeria in Jesus Name, Amen!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 31, 2011
%[color=#000099][/color] 99% of persons on this forum are hypocrate if u foolishly return that money God will punish u, pls insteady of returning this money to the lucky manager pls a whole lot of us on this forum need cash, Atm machine once over pay a friend of mine1 sunday and he return the balance the following day, the matter took another dimention u know what i mean, he was save by a friend of his bro who was a big shot in that industry, am written again because d early advice i wrote has be removed & i equal notice that good advice given to u yesterday has all be removed leaving only those from hypocrite, people hate u on dis forum. GOD PLS SEND THIS TYPE OF BLESSING TO UR SON
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2011
%[/color] 99% of persons on this forum are hypocrate if u foolishly return that money God will punish u, pls insteady of returning this money to the lucky manager pls a whole lot of us on this forum need cash, Atm machine once over pay a friend of mine1 sunday and he return the balance the following day, the matter took another dimention u know what i mean, he was save by a friend of his bro who was a big shot in that industry, am written again because d early advice i wrote has be removed & i equal notice that good advice given to u yesterday has all be removed leaving only those from hypocrite, people hate u on dis forum. GOD PLS SEND THIS TYPE OF BLESSING TO UR SON [color=#000099]
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Pukkah: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

You will regret in Nigeria for telling that kind TRUTH

How are you sure the bank manager will remit the money into the appropriate place after deduction from your account?

Or haven`t you heard Bank Managers do steal money from Customers account.

Its not your fault bro so don`t take chance.

I just couldn't ignore this. Why are you misleading the poster and other readers?

Tell me, how do bank managers steal money from their customers' account, especially as it relates to this case?
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by TONIAMERO(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2011
@ Q-man
Honestly the cash is very tempting, but I'll advice you base on experience cos it also happen to me. If you don't have any good business to do with the money, don't touch it, because you will be paying for what you didn't spend, your account would be over drawn (OD). But if you have a business invest with the money for turn over, and don't squander cos one thing for sure they would come for their money.
BE WISE!
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by justwise(m): 7:53am On Oct 31, 2011
Ogbakolo:

%[/color] 99% of persons on this forum are hypocrate if u foolishly return that money God will punish u, pls insteady of returning this money to the lucky manager pls a whole lot of us on this forum need cash, Atm machine once over pay a friend of mine1 sunday and he return the balance the following day, the matter took another dimention u know what i mean, he was save by a friend of his bro who was a big shot in that industry, am written again because d early advice i wrote has be removed & i equal notice that good advice given to u yesterday has all be removed leaving only those from hypocrite, people hate u on dis forum. GOD PLS SEND THIS TYPE OF BLESSING TO your SON [color=#000099]

You are the biggest fool ever existed, read your post again and see how you failed miserably to convince the poster with ur silly lies. I hope the Mod clear posts from common criminals like you.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by armadeo(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2011
grin grin grin na wa oh. pls return the money to me my bank says that they are trying to trace m y 26million. i need it for some on going projects. I will give u 1 milla inside for your honesty.

1 Like

Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by cogbuagu: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2011
so do not want to tell us the bank? smiley

it happened to me too but in AFRIBANK.

i hard only N500 in my account  and i'm charged N100 monthly by the bank. and i was xpecting only N19,800 deposit NYSC ,
but when i went to check my balance to find out if it has been deposited,
i was told my balance is N40,200.

i did not believe it, i asked den.
i asked then to tell me who deposited the N20,000 more.
on checking they found that it was a mistake by ATM.
depositor name,ATM.
they asked me not to with draw the N20k deposited my the ATM.

i den left the bank, went to zenith ATM machine to withdraw N20k.
It debited me, N20k but did not pay me,
Immediately i was called by the bank to come and deposit N500 back to my acct,
i went and complained about the non payment of the ZENITH ATM machine. they told me that i  should not worry that it willl be revered,
I waited and it did not reverce, beening in need of money,
i went and with draw N19,500 with another bank ATM.

SINCE den my atm card has not been working,
i do not know if my account has been blocked.
embarassed
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by soribe: 11:05am On Oct 31, 2011
My Friend,

You might think that its your lucky break but i assure that sooner or later ,you will be found out.Y should u keep such an amount in your acc for a long time?that means u r contemplating to use it when the coast is clear but your conscience is disturbing you.Note that the bible says that the curse of the lord is upon a thief and if u take it,just know that u have placed a curse voluntarily upon your self and your lineage.is that what u want?Be a good citizen and report the mistake,u might neva know whats in store for u.The bank might not find out,but GOD sees u.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Kol: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2011
This is only a story for you all to chat and waste time on. 

If that guy had an amount of the size in his account he will not even remember nairaland forum chat to seek public opinion,   get busy with other things.  Somebody is only pulling your legs. 

When he drew the N6m, where did he keep that large sum before returning it back to the bank?  lol,
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
lmao, what a tough situation to be in , even i'm tempted sha, undecided
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by highland(m): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
Friend, 25m will not solve all your problems. if you return it, you can't be poor and if you don't either. But remember, there is nothing as good as having a peaceful and sincere living.
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
no even reason to return am cos na jail straight,still maintain small n see how things unfold,or beta yet sell yur account to me,make i give u cool,clean 10milla for am
Re: N26m Balance Found In Bank Account by sulad82i(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
Its funny how most of the responses to the OP's question are with bad intention, like take the money and run. Habaa,
We all cry about our beloved country not being one of the best but yet we its citizens are filled with bad characters, If, as posted, majority of us feel and act this way, it should not be any surprising that we remain low and be viewed as bad country filled with terrible citizens. Unfortunately there are some who are not like that but in all honesty those kind of pple are rare to come-by in Nigeria.

@OP, if doing the right thing, which I presume u know, is not enough for you, then I guess the fear of punishment should make you think otherwise. Imagine if the miscalculation was noticed at a later time and the bank successfully track you down, I'm sure you won’t be able to come here and let us know how u were treated and sentenced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get Your Business Plan On A Small Scale Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory / Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam / Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.