Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,013 members, 7,814,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". (24496 Views)

Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by advanceDNA: 2:23am On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Are they not compensated for the risk adequately? What is the compensation for this risk? Since a job is the same as birthing.

The compensation is your baby...abi u nor want the baby??... Or let me guess....u just did it as a favor for the man...

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ProtonX: 2:27am On Nov 28, 2023
translux:
Any Husband that is asking the wife for what she's bringing to the table isn't yet matured for a marriage, This is the 14th year that I got married to my wife and for the fact that I have been footing 100 percent of the bills till date, I have never for a day asked my wife for what she's bringing to the table, for the facts that we have somany responsibilities, I aways encourage her in the past that things will get better with time but we thank God Almighty that he has blessed our marriage with everything in life.

God bless you my brother. Leave those small boys and their empty brains. Married almost the same number of years as you. They don't want to be providers or responsible but they want the respect that comes from the title of "husband". Majority of these ones aren't even married yet, and the ones that are aren't happily married because of these wicked mindsets they carry and they attract their kind too. Bless up bro, na man you be.

4 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by uuzba(m): 2:31am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:
Am lending my voice to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7922406/wife-why-life-women-complicated#127165126

A couple of days back, my wife put to bed using CS. Initially we had a baby before, I a know how complicated and painful the pregnancy and childbirth was.

Now I was in the theatre during the CS and I saw first hand how someone's abdomen was sliced open and the baby pulled out. I also saw how doctors were putting their hands into someone's abdomen and how they finally stitched her up. It wasn't an easy sight to behold. Right now, she's recovering, but the pain she's passing through is much.

To me, this is the highest form of sacrifice that someone can give for the family.

So to the men and husband out there..... before you ask your wife to be "what she is bringing to table", kindly think about the sacrifice they make in bringing your children to the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-gbacsUKpc?si=V_npzNSLMadX0pJb

Watch a bit of this if you can.
He talks about this same point you put up here.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by abbey621(m): 2:33am On Nov 28, 2023
Rukevwe999:
God, a simple enlightening thread like this and incels are already gettimg triggered. The comments I'm seeing here indicates that some of my fellow men need to evaluate themselves. There's more depth to human relationship than "what one brings to the table".

The bold part of your comment is highly subjective, for men it can be tricky asking what a woman brings to the table but I bet you 100% for most women, their main focus is what the man brings to the table. This is why most men get triggered when people use something like sex or childbirth and equate it to what a man brings to the table.

It's also kind of detrimental to women because we are at the age of empowerment and feminism, are we saying all women are good for is making babies like a factory? Society already tells men to be men by providing for their family, extended family, friends and still be a responsible member of society while it teaches women that all they have to do is have a banging body and be fertile......CAN'T IMAGINE I'LL SPEND SO MUCH MONEY TO GIVE MY DAUGHTER FIRST CLASS EDUCATION & ONE MAN WILL REDUCE HER TO BABY MAKER grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Entanglement: 2:52am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:

A couple of days back, my wife put to bed using CS. Initially we had a baby before, I a know how complicated and painful the pregnancy and childbirth was.

Now I was in the theatre during the CS and I saw first hand how someone's abdomen was sliced open and the baby pulled out. I also saw how doctors were putting their hands into someone's abdomen and how they finally stitched her up. It wasn't an easy sight to behold. Right now, she's recovering, but the pain she's passing through is much.

To me, this is the highest form of sacrifice that someone can give for the family.

So to the men and husband out there..... before you ask your wife to be "what she is bringing to table", kindly think about the sacrifice they make in bringing your children to the world.
mumu man!
Untill you do DNA test and found out the child is not yours undecided
๐Ÿง  Less goat

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Evolutionism: 3:17am On Nov 28, 2023
Fahvvy:
If you think a woman giving birth is "sacrifice", then I believe there must be a new meaning to the word "sacrifice" undecided...

I am not trying to downplay the severities surrounding pregnancy, however, it's no news that women are biologically wired to give birth undecided...

So a woman giving birth is just her fulfilling her biological role, nothing much undecided...

The Oloriburukus SIMPs like OP wey full everywhere these days destroying the nation will disagree.

Using their fellow men as SLAVEs then using the proceeds to camp one Oloribu Olosho somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by linearity: 3:25am On Nov 28, 2023
It is not sacrifice if you derive benefits from it, if it brings you joy, happiness, fulfillment, etc! donโ€™t call it sacrifice, you simply did it for some selfish self motivating gains that you will derive from it.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Evolutionism: 3:36am On Nov 28, 2023
Virgo3:
lol if you know how many women wey Don die from child birth or during/after You go know say nah life and death situation. The mortality rates are out der; 1 out of every 7 women die of complications from child birth. Due to economic settings, they should support but don't talk about der preg shiiii.

Mumu do you know how many men who risk their life and die everyday trying to meet daily needs??

Go to Hospitals and Igbobi and see who plenty pass there.

Go to Prisons and see who plenty there pass. Check the Crimes most of them committed? It still boils down trying to make PROVISION!!!

You usvless eediots probably still being FED by your lucky CRIMINAL Parents who where lucky to get away with their crimes and have stacked some money for you somewhere will come on here and start Vomiting rubbish and nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by MarketDispatch: 4:20am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:

Upon all what you saw, I'm sure that will not stop you from you from wanting to pass through the center shouting harder harder faster faster when she is healed and fully recovered.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ogbe88(m): 4:30am On Nov 28, 2023
ProtonX:

God bless you my brother. Leave those small boys and their empty brains. Married almost the same number of years as you. They don't want to be providers or responsible but they want the respect that comes from the title of "husband". Majority of these ones aren't even married yet, and the ones that are aren't happily married because of these wicked mindsets they carry and they attract their kind too. Bless up bro, na man you be.
Simps .

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by lexy2014: 4:37am On Nov 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

You are a very wicked human being if you can type that trash after reading the post.
Very wicked!

*Spits! ๐Ÿ˜ช

How does what he typed make him wicked?
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Jakama90(m): 5:26am On Nov 28, 2023
Respect women.. if not for anything: just because of child bearing. Mehn!! They pass through alot. God bless all women.

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by jeff1607(m): 5:27am On Nov 28, 2023
Only a war can genuinely stop all these gender wars, then reality of life will hit everyone about their role in the society, too much peace has made everyone forget the role each gender plays

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Honestfrend: 5:50am On Nov 28, 2023
Fahvvy:
If you think a woman giving birth is "sacrifice", then I believe there must be a new meaning to the word "sacrifice" undecided...

I am not trying to downplay the severities surrounding pregnancy, however, it's no news that women are biologically wired to give birth undecided...

So a woman giving birth is just her fulfilling her biological role, nothing much undecided...

So providing for one's family is the husband's responsibility and it's natural too..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Honestfrend: 5:53am On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

their is nothing called SACRIFICE on things that you are meant to be doing, giving birth is not a sacrifice it nature their is no two ways about it if you want a
child

If giving birth is the natural responsibility of the woman.. Y is it that providing for the family is not the man's natural responsibility and if it is why the "What re u bringing to the table?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Ashawoman82: 6:14am On Nov 28, 2023
Lovelyn451:
I don't blame them na, it's the ladies that get stupidly overly excited once marriage is being proposed to them not knowing they will be making the most sacrifice.....I rather lose millions of my money than go through that pain
so how do u intend to give birth.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by demoBaba: 6:15am On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

their is nothing called SACRIFICE on things that you are meant to be doing, giving birth is not a sacrifice it nature their is no two ways about it if you want a
child

Please, tell him. That's why they blame woman when there's delaying in couples to produce child, we believe Is they're responsibility to child for the family.

We married because of children anything outside that nah pure lies.

Are you saying if man can produce child by himself, what did man need woman for.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Ashawoman82: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Last time you checked, it takes one of them to incubate and birth it.
are u suggesting that women should only be seems as baby making machines, they shouldn't be giving any other responsibility as giving birth alone is an occupation?how do u want men to value women when most of u have this archaic mentality...
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Ashawoman82: 6:23am On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

But a man cannot choose to refuse to work under the risky life and health policies if a rig? How exactly is working on a rig giving birth?

Maybe you and that guy can explain it.
there are more riskier " occupation" than giving birth, that's what he's saying since u see child bearing as an occupation.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Ashawoman82: 6:27am On Nov 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

Whose name do the children bear? undecided
Whose descendants are they?
Whose lineage do they keep alive? ๐Ÿ™„

If a woman bore 5 sons for her husband, and her own father had no son, will her husband give up one of the sons to her father?
Will her father demand to have at least one of the sons of his daughter bear his own name?

So yes! They're more your children than hers.
u are not being realistic sometimes I cry at the mentality of u nairaland women, I suspect it to be cruise though cos I can't imagine how an adult has to be intentionally this stupid

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by eventainment(m): 6:28am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:

Well, I can't overlook the fact that birthing a child is a difficult process. But it's a natural thing for women to do Besides most women dream to birth children. If you look at it the other way around you can as well pay for surrogacy and someone to anyone can carry out that task as a job. So getting married, a woman should have something to offer not necessarily money but the natural stuffs should be off the table as an offering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Blitzking: 6:29am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:

Why were u allowed in the theatre..I can understand a labour room not even a labour ward cos other mens wife are in the ward naked in varying degree of pain some not even knowing what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Ashawoman82: 6:30am On Nov 28, 2023
purples25:
Omo replies here have shown me. The other gender takes childbearing for granted.
go and rest , same way I don't expect women to offload cement truck is the same way women giving birth is normal to me, it is not a sacrifice but a natural process.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:45am On Nov 28, 2023
Lovelyn451:
I don't blame them na, it's the ladies that get stupidly overly excited once marriage is being proposed to them not knowing they will be making the most sacrifice.....I rather lose millions of my money than go through that pain

You don't need marriage to go through child birth. Once you are having unprotected sex you have signed in for it
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Wisegeek01(m): 6:47am On Nov 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

This context only exists in your head.
When NL men and these men of today ask that question, they mean: HOW WILL YOU HELP WITH THE BILLS?!!!

You are right .. and it is in fact for "some" Nigerian men .. and obviously some men of this generation
If she has something that brings in money that is a plus to you,

besides its basically different men for different strokes, Every kind of man wants different things on the table,

an Average Nigerian guy wants you to work as well that's what you bring to the table .. because it brings balance ( no doubt )
A man who already makes money wants a high value woman that has little to no negative past, he doesn't really care about her money, if she has money its a plus .. and it still brings balance
The elites don't even care what you bring to the table, but what family are you from .. that's what you bring to the table, they will never marry down

but you see this generation of men and women will continue to argue about this till eternity .. because of misplaced ideas of their responsibilities

As a man you don't even have to ask that question, just looking at the lady and talking to her, observing her you know if she fits into your goals, the kinda of work she does, her behavioural pattern, if she has potential to upgrade .. but when you see she's clearly a funcandy plus a lot of baggage, you are still asking unnecessary questions to trigger the whole situation the more . .. that's not smart at all

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Fearyourcreator: 6:47am On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

child
Just as it is
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Fearyourcreator: 6:48am On Nov 28, 2023
RingRoadCartel:
OP have you ever been to an oil rig make you see how men dey risk their lives DAILY to put food on the table?
Lolzzzz
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:51am On Nov 28, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

The child is the compensation.

For men who are capable and reasonable, they get their wives push gifts.

I only heard of this word for the first time within the last one year.

In order words husbands who don't give their wish push gifts are either not capable or reasonable grin

This is how it's starts and it becomes a norm in the society, women will start putting unreasonable pressure on their spouses to provide them with gifts their spouses can't financially provide.

Not giving your wives push gifts has nothing to do with men been reasonable and capable. Ask long as you are there at all times for your family as a man you are reasonable and capable.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by yewit37486: 6:52am On Nov 28, 2023
Nairaland, if it's not tribal war, it's gender war, smh. A man came here to appreciate HIS wife which he is entitled to do but they've turned the thread upside down.

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by benqo01(m): 6:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Lovelyn451:

Tell me what is the most sacrifice you talking about? Giving birth that is nature stop acting as if it is one sacrifice.

Stupid talk

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by reXurrectionZA(m): 6:54am On Nov 28, 2023
few months ago traveling through delta, i saw a dead baby that was dumped at a trash site, it was a new born. For me the real sacrifice is rasing up a child. A Pregenancy is symbolic not sacrifical (remember you dont and cant ask for a childs opinion before you create it). Pregenancy is a natural process often very painful and can be fatal, but if the child cannot be taken care of it is a sin to even bring it into this cruel world...

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by benqo01(m): 6:55am On Nov 28, 2023
The OP is appreciating his wife which i find very good but the Sacrifice he his talking about is what i dont really understand.

But it is natural for women to give birth

In marriage both parties makes sacrifices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Names For Twin Girls / Being A Nigerian Housewife / Be Careful With Your Secrets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.