Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". (24494 Views)

Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by benqo01(m): 6:58am On Nov 28, 2023
Honestfrend:

If giving birth is the natural responsibility of the woman.. Y is it that providing for the family is not the man's natural responsibility and if it is why the "What re u bringing to the table?"

Giving birth is natural man,who is talking about responsibility
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:09am On Nov 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

Whose name do the children bear? undecided
Whose descendants are they?
Whose lineage do they keep alive? 🙄

If a woman bore 5 sons for her husband, and her own father had no son, will her husband give up one of the sons to her father?
Will her father demand to have at least one of the sons of his daughter bear his own name?

So yes! They're more your children than hers.

When it comes to divorce you won't bring up this argument so that the government will give the children to the man since he owns them grin

You only argue for the man when it suits your selfish agender grin when it comes to financial responsibility that's only when the man owns the children grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:15am On Nov 28, 2023
translux:
Any Husband that is asking the wife for what she's bringing to the table isn't yet matured for a marriage, This is the 14th year that I got married to my wife and for the fact that I have been footing 100 percent of the bills till date, I have never for a day asked my wife for what she's bringing to the table, for the facts that we have somany responsibilities, I aways encourage her in the past that things will get better with time but we thank God Almighty that he has blessed our marriage with everything in life.

That you don't don't mean others who will isn't matured for marriage.

Why do people always think what they do in their private life should be the standard life practices? Everyone has the power of thought process and life isn't in just one direction but multidirectional.

Providing 200 percent doesn't make you better than the man that both spouses contribute to the finances of the home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by kaymart: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2023
BlaqFaze:
Simp wan lecture us
Not just a simp but a pathetic irredeemable one

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by jojothaiv(m): 7:27am On Nov 28, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Brati, nothing against motherhood. But the OP coming to tell us stories of how they sliced someone's abdomen open blah blah blah is bunkum for me. I've seen soldiers brought from the battle field, operated on without anesthesia in bone wrenching pain. So all that talk of abdomen sliced open is waffling
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by DaveHarry(m): 7:35am On Nov 28, 2023
what sacrifice? Giving birth that is natural? I don't get what this SIMPle man is 👉 at

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by sammiewrite(m): 7:35am On Nov 28, 2023
It hurts that it is fellow men who are enablers of this idea women have in their head that they are superior to men and that every of their interaction with men is them doing us a favor. Little wonder a 21 year old girl without job, skill or career will be giving lofty conditions before getting into a relationship with a man. It is also the reason why a woman who doesn't have up to 100k in her account will open her mouth to tell her husband who has been footing her bills for years that she stooped low to marry him?

It is funny that right from time men roles have not changed. Men are meant to provide and protect but for women it is always changing. Like someone mentioned up there, enough is not said of the life threatening conditions men exposed themselves to on a daily basis to put food on the table. Also, currently, there are men in the North East battling terrorists and if war breaks out today, women will be prioritized as usual. This is men performing their age long roles without blackmailing anybody but today's women wants a man who can provide for them and protect them, in addition be a babysitter, a laundry man, an errand boy, a chef, and now they want men to help them in carrying pregnancy and in giving birth? Tell me, what sacrifice can be greater than men fighting and dying to keep everyone else alive, including women? I mean within same military and police where men die by their dozens everyday, there are women, too, but most are in air-conditioned offices or at worst, they get posted to a MDA where there is little or no risk to their lives.

I think at this point men like Op need to slow down on the women worshipping. If women are not creating threads upon threads celebrating the sacrifices of our gallant men in the battle field (even as two policeman just died yesterday in Imo state); if women are not creating threads upon threads celebrating multiple father's day in a year; if women aren't taking up men's matter like false rape accusation and paternity fraud as much as men usually do when there is a news of rape; if women worshippers is the only thing we have and not men worshippers. Don't you guys stop to think you are now in overdrive mode?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by samcolee(m): 7:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:
Am lending my voice to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7922406/wife-why-life-women-complicated#127165126

A couple of days back, my wife put to bed using CS. Initially we had a baby before, I a know how complicated and painful the pregnancy and childbirth was.

Now I was in the theatre during the CS and I saw first hand how someone's abdomen was sliced open and the baby pulled out. I also saw how doctors were putting their hands into someone's abdomen and how they finally stitched her up. It wasn't an easy sight to behold. Right now, she's recovering, but the pain she's passing through is much.

To me, this is the highest form of sacrifice that someone can give for the family.

So to the men and husband out there..... before you ask your wife to be "what she is bringing to table", kindly think about the sacrifice they make in bringing your children to the world.
Additionally taking care of the baby after birth till he/she can walk ain't easy coupled with other house chores
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by RingRoadCartel: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

I only heard of this word for the first time within the last one year.

In order words husbands who don't give their wish push gifts are either not capable or reasonable grin

This is how it's starts and it becomes a norm in the society, women will start putting unreasonable pressure on their spouses to provide them with gifts their spouses can't financially provide.

Not giving your wives push gifts has nothing to do with men been reasonable and capable. Ask long as you are there at all times for your family as a man you are reasonable and capable.

Will you die if you spoil your woman every once in a while? And what better time is there for you to spoil her? Abeg shift if you have nothing to say.

And BTW, yes. If you've never gotten your woman a gift for putting her life on the threshold to birth your child, you're either financially incapable or just generally an unreasonable person. None of which is a bad thing.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Virgo3: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2023
Evolutionism:

Mumu do you know how many men who risk their life and die everyday trying to meet daily needs??

Go to Hospitals and Igbobi and see who plenty pass there.

Go to Prisons and see who plenty there pass. Check the Crimes most of them committed? It still boils down trying to make PROVISION!!!

You usvless eediots probably still being FED by your lucky CRIMINAL Parents who where lucky to get away with their crimes and have stacked some money for you somewhere will come on here and start Vomiting rubbish and nonsense.
are you crazy? Wtf is this omoh @Seun dy put age requirement to enter this ur forum with International Passport! I swear I for batter you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BlaqFaze: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2023
EconFinance:

Lmao

The kind of men that the world is breeding these days is really worrisome
That's all I'm gonna say on the matter
Lol...bunch of sissies are springing up from every corner and I wonder what their fathers are doing because this thing is becoming a pandemic

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by GoodRocks: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:

A couple of days back, my wife put to bed using CS. Initially we had a baby before, I a know how complicated and painful the pregnancy and childbirth was.

Now I was in the theatre during the CS and I saw first hand how someone's abdomen was sliced open and the baby pulled out. I also saw how doctors were putting their hands into someone's abdomen and how they finally stitched her up. It wasn't an easy sight to behold. Right now, she's recovering, but the pain she's passing through is much.

To me, this is the highest form of sacrifice that someone can give for the family.

So to the men and husband out there..... before you ask your wife to be "what she is bringing to table", kindly think about the sacrifice they make in bringing your children to the world.

Post like this gets me extremely angry..

Like dude are you ok? Is a man supposed to give birth before? Does he have a womb? Oga there's nothing like SACRIFICE for something that's supposed to be natural. It is natural for a woman to give birth whether through CS or other means.

Which kind SIMP you be ?

Do you know what it takes for a man to go out there hustle and make money to take care of his family? What sacrifice could be more than that? Are these things not supposed to be naturally? Oga take this post down ASAP!

Apart from sex, what are Nigeria women bringing to the table? Even the sex sef na dem dey enjoy am pass! So wtf are you saying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Tonytonex(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2023
RingRoadCartel:
OP have you ever been to an oil rig make you see how men dey risk their lives DAILY to put food on the table?
the Op is probably a simp

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BlaqFaze: 8:05am On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

If you don't want the lecture you could try to give birth to a baby yourself. And nurture it. Then tell us what you are bringing to the table while doing all that.
it's obvious most women have nothing to offer so they try to make a big deal of basic natural processes a normal healthy female is supposed to go through.

If she doesn't give birth, who will...who gains more actually because it's on record that women love their children unconditional compared to their conditional love for other things

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Karlifate: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:

Rephrase this and see how foolish you look & sound.

So, your mother made a sacrifice by giving birth to you BUT your father was just a mere figure head

The way some of you think & type rubbish is baffling. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by GoodRocks: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2023
Lovelyn451:
I don't blame them na, it's the ladies that get stupidly overly excited once marriage is being proposed to them not knowing they will be making the most sacrifice.....I rather lose millions of my money than go through that pain

Shut the fck up!

Is a man supposed to give birth before? Does he have a womb? Madam there's nothing like SACRIFICE for something that's supposed to be natural. It is natural for a woman to give birth whether through CS or other means because she has a womb!

Do you know what it takes for a man to go out there hustle and make money to take care of his family? What sacrifice could be more than that? Do you know how many men lose their lives daily to put food on the table? So what's the fuss about? Are these things not supposed to be natural? Madam take this comment down ASAP!

Apart from sex, what are Nigeria women bringing to the table? Even the sex sef na dem dey enjoy am pass! So wtf are you saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by GoodRocks: 8:10am On Nov 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

If you don't want the lecture you could try to give birth to a baby yourself. And nurture it. Then tell us what you are bringing to the table while doing all that.

If e sure for you as a woman, produce sperm yourself and impregnate yourself na let's see Since your pûssy is all you have to offer

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

Will you die if you spoil your woman every once in a while? And what better time is there for you to spoil her? Abeg shift if you have nothing to say.

And BTW, yes. If you've never gotten your woman a gift for putting her life on the threshold to birth your child, you're either financially incapable or just general an unreasonable person. None of which is a bad thing.

If you think this is about me then you need to think again. This has nothing to do with me been capable of gifting someone in a relationship with me or not, I am very comfortable. I am making this assertion as a generalization of what happens in the society and disposable income available to men in our society maybe you are delusional and ignorant to know the actual stats.

Gifting push or no push and any name you may call it has nothing to do with been reasonable and capable. Been reasonable and capable has everything to do with standing for your family in good and in bad times irrespective of wether you have money to buy so called push gifts that to you makes one capable and reasonable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Karlifate: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Post like this gets me extremely angry..

Like dude are you ok? Is a man supposed to give birth before? Does he have a womb? Oga there's nothing like SACRIFICE for something that's supposed to be natural. It is natural for a woman to give birth whether through CS or other means.

Which kind SIMP you be ?

Do you know what it takes for a man to go out there hustle and make money to take care of his family? What sacrifice could be more than that? Are these things not supposed to be naturally? Oga take this post down ASAP!

The guy is obviously pussy-whipped.

He's simply implying that his mother made a "sacrifice" by giving birth to him (her biological responsibility), but his father was practically nothing but a figurehead in his family.

These are the type of kids that exalt their deadbeat mothers, while neglecting the father that denied himself of worldly pleasures to ensure that they become successful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by GoodRocks: 8:18am On Nov 28, 2023
Karlifate:

The guy is obviously pussy-whipped.

He's simply implying that his mother made a "sacrifice" by giving birth to him (her biological responsibility), but his father was practically nothing but a figurehead in his family.

These are the type of kids that exalt their deadbeat mothers, while neglecting the father that denied himself of worldly pleasures to ensure that they become successful.

E-diot like that boy can spend their entire life savings on a hoe begging her not to dump him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Fahvvy: 8:18am On Nov 28, 2023
Honestfrend:

So providing for one's family is the husband's responsibility and it's natural too..

Is there any biological evidence that supports this? undecided...
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by rashylous(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2023
Rich4god:

People don't notice men's struggles, efforts and sacrifices because they're physically strong, hide their emotions and hardly complain.

▪️Men hide their pains because the society expect them to always stay strong.

▪️Men hardly complain or show emotions because the society expect them to be a "Man".

▪️Women carry the pregnancy in their belly, while the husbands carry the pregnancy in their head.

▪️Men spend more than half of their lives protecting and providing for wife and children.

▪️Men's lifespan is shorter than that of women.

▪️Men are the backbone of every nation.

•Respect your man.
•Give him peace of mind.
•Care for him.
•Treat him like a king.
• Men are not scum.
•Without men the world will collapse.

God bless every responsible man and father out there including myself.
It's not easy but God is the supplier of our strength.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by RingRoadCartel: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

If you think this is about me then you need to think again. This has nothing to do with me been capable of gifting someone in a relationship with me or not, I am very comfortable. I am making this assertion as a generalization of what happens in the society and disposable income available to men in our society maybe you are delusional and ignorant to know the actual stats.

Gifting push or no push and any name you may call it has nothing to do with been reasonable and capable. Been reasonable and capable has everything to do with standing for your family in good and in bad times irrespective of wether you have money to buy so called push gifts that to you makes one capable and reasonable.

You saw me giving two different answers to a question I was asked about "compensation", but you singled that part out and dragged your dead body into my mentions to tell me I'm generalising. Guy, dey your dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Karlifate: 8:28am On Nov 28, 2023
yewit37486:
Nairaland, if it's not tribal war, it's gender war, smh. A man came here to appreciate HIS wife which he is entitled to do but they've turned the thread upside down.

benqo01:
The OP is appreciating his wife which i find very good but the Sacrifice he his talking about is what i dont really understand.

But it is natural for women to give birth

In marriage both parties makes sacrifices

If it was truly an appreciation, he should've left it as a comment on a post, not opening a thread to shove his appreciation down Nairalanders' throat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by saysoo: 8:28am On Nov 28, 2023
The truth is that the women themselves do not know who they are, what they are, where they should to be. There no sacrifice,success a man has that can be compared to one child birth. They the women showcase themself to men for mockery, as pet,intimacy gadgets hence the high level of disrespect. I always tell my wife whenever she trie to praise me for supporting the home that no amount to support from me can equal her birthing these children. She should wait let me see how far I can get to half.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Fahvvy: 8:41am On Nov 28, 2023
Kilometres:

1. You also forgot that a woman can choose not to give birth?

2. If giving birth was that natural... women will naturally give birth like they do menstrual periods... no control or choice

1. Exactly! But she choose to do so na, abi them point am gun for head make she born? undecided...

2. You're funny o grin...
So giving birth is not "that natural", it's "that artificial" ba? grin...

We need to arrest your basic science and/or biology teacher grin...
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Fahvvy: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

With men like you that are abound in this generation, ladies need to be very very careful in choosing their life partners so that they don't enter one chance. undecided

I'm even more scared that they're women like you out there who think that fulfilling their biological responsibility of getting pregnant is a "sacrifice" that merits a Nobles Price award undecided...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Exceed15: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2023
This is what she want too .Having her own kids . They desire it more than men.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by benqo01(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2023
Karlifate:

If it was truly an appreciation, he should've left it as a comment on a post, not opening a thread to shove his appreciation down Nairalanders' throat.

U re right
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by justmi1: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2023
Women should go on strike and stop giving birth jhor, world population too much. And men should stop donating thier sperm too. Make everybody rest.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by yewit37486: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2023
Karlifate:

How did he shove it down anyone's throat? YOU chose to open the thread, right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Oladhips(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

their is nothing called SACRIFICE on things that you are meant to be doing, giving birth is not a sacrifice it nature their is no two ways about it if you want a
child

grin this op didn't expect this una harsh comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Names For Twin Girls / Being A Nigerian Housewife / Be Careful With Your Secrets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.