Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (32342 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2011
Av bn gone for too long sha!

What did I notice? some very ignorant folks again. All they want to say is, you are wrong and we are right. But their problem with the whole thing I dont understand. Muslim women say they dont mind it. How is it your problem. the comment below says a lot

tunnytox:

If Muslim women are happy for their husbands to marry more wives or to become second, third or fourth wife then so be it! Why do I need to drink Panadol for someone else's headache?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 11:19am On Nov 01, 2011
maclatunji:

Aloy/Emeka if you continue at this rate you are liable to die of heartbreak. A day will come when Americans and Europeans will start practising Polygamy again. I wonder what you will do then  grin.  You see your intentions have been exposed. Aloy/Emeka you do not know it but you are advertising Polygamy as a product to the world. Right now, some lonely nice young woman is thinking to herself: "If I find a decent and responsible Muslim man who wants me for a 2nd wife- I will accept!" So thank you for exposing the concept  tongue .

grin grin grin grin grin grin Roflmao
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 11:19am On Nov 01, 2011
ThiefOfHearts (f)
NY

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife?
« #193 on: Yesterday at 21:33:23 »

Great question

I wish only Muslim women were allowed to repy though ut God forbid they allow their women to answer questions without swooping in. Bloody control freaks

I wonder what you represent. the aggrieved women? Your reply isnt a smart one at all. Who is controlling who. You claim civilised, modern woman but the only thing u cld think of other women is as  controlled by random men.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2011
coogar
Kibroth Hattaavah

« #197 on: Yesterday at 22:05:11 »

come on, geezer!

we have been posting on this thread peacefully without denigrating other religions.

don't bring a religious war here and don't make your own arguments.
no one attacked islam throughout the time i have posted here so shushhhhh!

u c. every1 can claim cool until they start to take sides. Thiefofhearts started it all But u didnt c her as starting a war.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2011
nnw niger

« #199 on: Yesterday at 22:21:16 »

Unfortunately, in Islam, women have NO such choice and lack the intelligence to make such choice. Muhammed said in one of his many teachings," I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY ONE MORE DEFICIENT IN INTELLIGENCE THAN WOMEN"- Surah 2:228. Islam sees their wives as their possession,- Surah2:214. Isalam considers their wives as sex objects."YOUR WIVES ARE AS TILTH UNTO YOU, SO APPROACH YOUR TILTH WHEN OR HOW YE WILL"- Surah 2:223. Muhammed said women are BAD OMEN -Bukhary Vol. 7:33 and told men to BEAT THEM (their wives)- Surah4:34. Any challenge?, I have the Coran with me

the problem with many of u is dat u quote the Qur'an without avn an understanding of it. I told coogar yesterday to get tafsir ibn kathir. reading that would give u an interpretation to what you take of the Qur'an. Many of you only copy and paste from certain sites but u wld be responsible for urself on d day of judgement.

BTW, av u heard that the prophet would help his wives with their house chores?

and dat he asked that you give more respect to your mother even than your father

and that he said d best of men are those who are best to their wives?

He also said the paradise of a child lies at the feet of his mother

He used to spend so much time playing with his family

these are a few of the good things I can remeber now. . If your aim is forever to criticise, you will never c d light of God.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2011
emmatok

« #201 on: Yesterday at 22:33:43 »

I trust you to always come here fighting the religious war.

Look man the op is just asking a rational question."Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife?"

Because must Muslim women including deols are not willing to enter a Polygamous relationship.

So just chill and enjoy the trill.

unfortunately that is d only thing u learnt from my post?? *smh
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by jaybee3(m): 11:39am On Nov 01, 2011
Yet another informative thread degenerates into a superiority contest.
CHOICE is the key word here.
Everyone is entitled to their own choice so long they are comfortable with it
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Jarus(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2011
fxtopedia:

That is one in millions,

[size=18pt]BUT[/size]
Second bolded looks like contraction or am I missing something?

Where is the contradiction? My parents chose polygamy and they(and we are) are happy with it, and I want to choose monogamy and still be happy. Where is the contradiction/

Similitude: My brother went to Unilag and he is satisfied with it, does that mean I should also go for Unilag? I can still go to UI and be happy. They are not mutually exclusive. My family being happy under polygamy doesn't mean I will not be happy with monogamy. And honestly, the more I read some Muslims give blanket criticism of polygamy, the more it becomes attractive to me.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nnwniger: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
Hey Deols, " just a few good things Muhammed did" according to you.  Well, all I did was quote directly from the Quran. I don't see the reason whatsoever for the anger. No man is that equiped with so many women. Look at the result= BOKO HARAM
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2011
Jarus:

^^^^
I am from a polygamous family and we are one of the happiest and coherent units you can wish to belong to? What about that?

As for me I don't have any plans to do polygamy,(though never say never) but I will never speak against it nor discourage whoever opts to do, but can remind him to think over it very well and weigh the cons and pros viz a viz his capacity.

You are a product of polygamous home and there is no doubt that the major players can work amicably and make life easy for all the members but what you fail to address is the emotional impact of polygamy on the women involved. How did wife no 1 feel about her husband bringing in wife no 2 and so on?. I am sure you don't have the answer because you can't speak for them but I assure you that one must be disgruntled by that arrangement at a point in her marital life.

Are muslim women wired different emotionally from Christian, Hindu, pagan, etc women?. Where is the jealousy ratio?. How about finances because majority of the polygamist men in Nigeria are in financial comatose but they manage to "herd" their harem. As a matter of fact, it is the women who toil to provide food for them. Which makes me wonder whether these muslim men marry multiple wives to insure they will always have food on their table till the end of time.

He will be getting nicer things, quality food, etc from the richer wife while the broke wives live in penury with their children.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by somegirl1: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2011
I'm amazed that some people can refer to a polygamist as faithful besides how do u know the other wives don't have STIs before or after marriage.
There's no gaurantee that the other women will be faithful to ur husband.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by DaDoctor: 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
KAI, ,,, MOSLEM MEN DEY ENJOY OH!!! TOO MANY P/U/SS/Y TO CHOOSE FROM WITHOUT LIMITS.

NA WA OH.

ABIBAT, ADIDJAT, RISIKATU, ALIMAT, AMUKAT, OTUKAT, OBOKAT. LMAOOOOOOOO ALL BELONGING TO A POLYGAMOUS ALHAJI, ORI NRI UKWU OF CENTRAL MOSQUE OF NDI MMMEHIE
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by baslone: 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
Maybe they should just take a religious censors of prostitutes nationwide!!!!

You'll be amazed!!! grin
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
i am not really sure why there is a need to bring Islam or religion into it .
polygamy was  not prohibited by Jehovah at any point in the Bible

people who claim to be christians have little knowledge of its history or scripture.

PLEASE PRODUCE A SCRIPTURE FROM THE BIBLE THAT FORBIDS POLYGAMY

it is on record that Solomon the Wisest man ever had a few wives as did his father David

polygamy is a fundamental part of Yoruba life as recognized in our traditional inheritance laws ditto for the Igbos, Binis and virtually ALL african groups . in fact what is UNAFRICAN is an injunction to monogamy
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
seems d romance section is getting boring.*apologies to jaybee* lol

ROmance faithfuls are trooping to the Islam for Muslim section. they seem to love anything woman and man.

MAny of them avnt been faithful to their own psyches and are here talking faithfulness.

I wish we can regulate the people who post here

Once again, I just dont like that home page. it brings you close to 'them' trolls
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

u c. every1 can claim cool until they start to take sides. Thiefofhearts started it all But u didnt c her as starting a war.

i can only speak for myself.
and i was particularly speaking about the discussion we both had.
did i ever insult you? did i ever claim my faith is better than yours?

BetaThings:

If I were you, I would be a real gentleman and post sincerely without some underhanded abuse
The word was needless and subject to some other interpretation. Taken out, you would still have made your point

if you calling you a man is an abuse then you deserved to be abused!

BetaThings:

Who mentioned a war? You did! And of course, your view is that you should just make jest of Islam and we should cheer because you are posting peacefully. But pointing out that christians are being provocative as usual starts a religious war. Anyway I am not surprsied, why should you not twist this into a ME shooting was scenario. Christians publish fake Qur'an all the time. It is part of a religious duty - printing "peacefully"

i am not making jest of islam, you bigot!
christians are not provocative at least not on this thread until you came here with your hollow soundbites!

BetaThings:

Ok. So they should in this day and age disown a part of their faith? Any Muslim who understands Islam does not care about this day-and-age standard of Christians and the others. If Allah and His messenger tell us something, we do it. Of course, it might appear difficult, or due to little faith not do it, but we would not dissociate from it. So allow the empowered and educated woman make her decision without goading her

hilarious!
speak for yourself, don't speak for others.
you want it does not mean others do and their faith is as strong as yours or perhaps more.

BetaThings:

It is really strange how Christians tell us about how women are being forced to do things against their will when we know the truth. Deol has explained that she wears the Hijab for a reason. She appears empowered and educated enough, but I am sure that in order to respect and defend her right, she would be forced to remove the Hijab in France. Sounds like what I see here. Of course the Freanch would be prepared to defend by force of arms, if necessary, a woman's right to appear Unclad at some bitches.

this is because the wearing of hijab has been used to perpetrate mass murders in various acts of terrorism.
i support the french authorities. it was allowed before now but when terrorists used hijabs to mask their evil acts, what do u suggest?

BetaThings:

Really? [b]Ever[/b]y Chsristian?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homosexuality

Even the Church of England disagrees with you
But how come that in this day and age with your exposure, you are still carrying this "neanderthal" belief about ho.mo.s

homosexuality is perverse. church of england cannot speak for everybody.
and not all the churches in england will marry people of the same s[b]e[/b]x.
if you don't know, grab a book.

BetaThings:

Deol is not necessarily the sole judge of what you are doing. When you counter Islam with a Biblical quote, it is not just Deol that is interested.
As you can now see, your Christian folks have jumped onto the thread
And the OP's true intentions are clearer now
Your defence of the OP has been contradicted by his clear statements
The man was well educated enough before opening this thread

the op became defensive only after you came here acting like a battle-ready jihadist!
and stop saying your christian folks - i came here to have a discussion, not as a christian to convert you.

Killing of innocents? Proof please
And the war of Christians against infidels? What are the results?
You should be laughing in Mossedique of Iran
Also laugh in Abu Ghraib
Yes laugh in the inquisition
Also laugh in this
http://news.yahoo.com/soldier-admits-taking-war-trophies-denies-murder-173957917.html

lockerbie
9/11
munich 1972

those events led to the war on terrorism.
deal with it.

More innocents
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mylai/Myl_intro.html

casualties of war.
when 2 elephants clash, the grass suffer.

My luck? What luck? To be discussing here?
And if I pushed it, Sir, what would you do?

it would surprise you.

America of course
Now let the denial start and point to me the last time that a Hindi, atheist was sworn in as president

well muslims see them as infidels and persecute their citizens.
surely, you must have seen the videos of islamists beheading americans.
so how do you expect them to take it?

Of course the whole idea begind this thread by your group (CHRISTIANS) is to ridicule Islam
It is a common past time amongs Christians on NL

for the umpteenth time, i didn't come here to ridicule anyone.
i came here to learn.

Yes, name calling is quite a religious duty in christianity
Of course a question does not have to be abusive to be leading
A court worth its salt would, ask any lawyer or peruse any book on cross-examination

and you got this theory from where?
you make me laugh when you come up with misguided rants such as this one.

Christian women have been told to keep quiet in church, not ask questions and wait until they get home to ask their husbands
Christian women have been further instructed to SUBMIT to their husbands in EVERYTHING,
They are told that they are created for their men, not men for them

really?
i am hearing this for the first time. grin

Are they comfortable?
In Islam we might be uncomfortable. But what do we know? We cannnot always know the ways of Allah. We trust Him and obey. If we have any problem with any situation, like Prophet Yaqoub did we complain to Allah alone (Quran 12:86)

yes, just like teenage girls have not been complaining to the media about forced marriages etc.
you must really think you are talking to dolts.

Patronising, isn't it?

am i being paid to patronise? why should i patronise a faceless being?

The OP is a woman who has experienced it before and need to dramatise to these unimaginative spinsters
And the only issue about polygamy is the sharing of the man's bed?

because women are naturally jealous - the op's question is a very brilliant question.

Why not some imagery about these other aspects of life/
Have you ever heard that a woman would introduce another woman to her husband?

sarah did that for abraham!
but the other woman was a slave. in this day n age, there's no slavery.
any woman married to your husband has as much as right as you have and it gets complicated.
no polygamous setting is conflict free.

And Jarus, a man, now appreciates the women sufficiently after a man drmatises the issue
Yet the spinsters who have never seen polygamy before or heard anything about it before now need the OP to properly explain it
Very kind!

jarus is married,
spinsters are unmarried.
if you cannot see the difference - go to specsavers!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by DaDoctor: 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2011
LEGALISE P/RO/S/T/ITUTION AND THIS WILL REDUCE. GASKIA.

I LOST CONFIDENCE IN THESE HIJAB AND SHORT TROUSER WEARING PUNDITS WEN I WORKED A MONTH IN KANO FROM MY HOTEL ROOM BEFORE EVENTUALLY MOVING TO THE STAFF QUARTERS.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2011

i can only speak for myself.
and i was particularly speaking about the discussion we both had.
did i ever insult you? did i ever claim my faith is better than yours?

of course we had a good discussion wv no insults but that reply is to d reply u gave betathings. U said he started d war but I think thiefofhearts did. And he sounded d way he did as a response to her.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

LEGALISE P/RO/S/T/ITUTION AND THIS WILL REDUCE. GASKIA.

I LOST CONFIDENCE IN THESE HIJAB AND SHORT TROUSER WEARING PUNDITS WEN I WORKED A MONTH IN KANO FROM MY HOTEL ROOM BEFORE EVENTUALLY MOVING TO THE STAFF QUARTERS.

and all pastors must be bad cos a few are bad then. U worked in kano and kano=islam?

I wonder how many of u are educated without sounding so. that some Muslims u met in d city of kano are bad makes d generality of 1.5 billion muslims same?

am a Muslim and I am chaste. does that change ur opinin of all Muslims? definitely not.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by jaybee3(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^ Just to add a little spice
Nigeria has approximately less than 76 Million muslims which equates to about 5% of muslim population in the world
Total Kano state muslims will be in the region of <2% of the world's total muslim population
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by chakula: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
Islam and the haters, It was stated in the glorious Qur’an the wholly part of polygamy and what is all about, I don’t think either you or your cohorts would have confidence of discouraging what has been decreed by Allah s.w.t. I personally prepare to have four wives than to engaged in fallowing others possession.

Living with Christians folks at the same compound tells me a lot about their characters which doesn't need to be expose here, Emeka if you are sincere enough could you tell me that your husband is managing you alone? Wouldn’t he helping himself outdoor,in your absent or for his own personal desire? Please help in answering these Questions.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by DaDoctor: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

and all pastors must be bad cos a few are bad then. U worked in kano and kano=islam?

I wonder how many of u are educated without sounding so. that some Muslims u met in d city of kano are bad makes d generality of 1.5 billion muslims same?

am a Muslim and I am chaste. does that change your opinin of all Muslims? definitely not.

Dumb one.KANO IS ONE OF THE CORE MUSLIM STATES. in stats we take a rep figure and make postulates not so? KANO? Yes kano is a seat in islam a known one in nigeria. the freedom here isnt there and sharia is clear cut. you dont drink beer any how or move it. i have seen them burn NB trailer conveying same late in the night(in a bid to avoid the extremists). in kano you dont wear anything to anywhere or play any kind of music anywhere not sabon gari. except this has changed now. i was there late 2008.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You are a product of polygamous home and there is no doubt that the major players can work amicably and make life easy for all the members but what you fail to address is the emotional impact of polygamy on the women involved. How did wife no 1 feel about her husband bringing in wife no 2 and so on?. I am sure you don't have the answer because you can't speak for them but I assure you that one must be disgruntled by that arrangement at a point in her marital life.

Are muslim women wired different emotionally from Christian, Hindu, pagan, etc women?. Where is the jealousy ratio?. How about finances because majority of the polygamist men in Nigeria are in financial comatose but they manage to "herd" their harem. As a matter of fact, it is the women who toil to provide food for them. Which makes me wonder whether these muslim men marry multiple wives to insure they will always have food on their table till the end of time.

He will be getting nicer things, quality food, etc from the richer wife while the broke wives live in penury with their children.

this is what ignornce does to the thinking capability. You started the thread well. and u cld just av continued asking questions. by now, u would av bn enlightened enough.

There is a difference between what Islam stipulates and what people practice. In fact, yoruba Muslims are polygamous due to cultural influence more than religious. Polygamy should be very hard to practice, if according to Islam.

[size=20pt]*In Islam, a polygamous man must share his resources equally among the wives
*His time must be shared too- a timetable for the nights he spends wv dem(call dat wat u may)
*A man is not to marry at all, if he wldnt be able to provide sustenance for himself and his family
*when the children reach the age of seven, boys are to be separated from girls- now, dat makes at least three rooms for a monogamous man to provide.
*If he is thinking of anoda wife, he must av had double dat resource to provide for them.
*Now, add d economic situation of d world- good schools, good nutrition and all of that
[/size]
These only call attention to the fact that, if Muslim men practice it well,, and Muslim women follow Islam well(total submission to the will of Allah), all d problems u attribute to polygamy would not be there. In fact, others would be willing to be Muslims.

Muslims themselves need Islamic education. How many pple even go to ile keu anymore?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by DaDoctor: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

this is what ignornce does to the thinking capability. You started the thread well. and u cld just av continued asking questions. by now, u would av bn enlightened enough.

There is a difference between what Islam stipulates and what people practice. In fact, yoruba Muslims are polygamous due to cultural influence more than religious. Polygamy should be very hard to practice, if according to Islam.

[size=20pt]*In Islam, a polygamous man must share his resources equally among the wives
*His time must be shared too- a timetable for the nights he spends wv dem(call dat wat u may)
*A man is not to marry at all, if he wldnt be able to provide sustenance for himself and his family
*when the children reach the age of seven, boys are to be separated from girls- now, dat makes at least three rooms for a monogamous man to provide.
*If he is thinking of anoda wife, he must av had double dat resource to provide for them.
*Now, add d economic situation of d world- good schools, good nutrition and all of that
[/size]
These only call attention to the fact that, if Muslim men practice it well,, and Muslim women follow Islam well(total submission to the will of Allah), all d problems u attribute to polygamy would not be there. In fact, others would be willing to be Muslims.

Muslims themselves need Islamic education. How many pple even go to ile keu anymore?

OBVIOUSLY. U ARE LOST. NO AMOUNT OF TANTRUM POSTED BY YOU CAN SUBSTANTIATE YOUR VAGUE POINTS AND DEFENSE.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by DaDoctor: 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

am a Muslim and I am chaste. does that change your opinin of all Muslims? definitely not.

[b]to further substantiate my claims as per kano and save you the rot of ignorance. see the post below from NL FRONT PAGE FEW MINUTES AGO.[/b]KANO DESTROYS 42000 BOTTLES OF ALCHOHOL
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-792728.0.html
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

Dumb one.KANO IS ONE OF THE CORE MUSLIM STATES. in stats we take a rep figure and make postulates not so? KANO? Yes kano is a seat in islam a known one in nigeria. the freedom here isnt there and sharia is clear cut. you dont drink beer any how or move it. i have seen them burn NB trailer conveying same late in the night(in a bid to avoid the extremists). in kano you dont wear anything to anywhere or play any kind of music anywhere not sabon gari. except this has changed now. i was there late 2008.

i wonder where and from whom  u learnt statistics. do u know of bias in statistics. dat is all ur kind of statistics wld give.

everything u wrote says a lot. They are forced to live certain lives and not out of free will- and that makes them d perfect representation? and u were there in 2008- wat a statistics
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

OBVIOUSLY. U ARE LOST. NO AMOUNT OF TANTRUM POSTED BY YOU CAN SUBSTANTIATE YOUR VAGUE POINTS AND DEFENSE.

I couldn't have said it better. Completely deluded. I just couldn't believe what my eyes were reading. For a woman to be saying all those crap she said, it's mind-boggling.

Deols, I dont know if you mind me asking, what's your level of education?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Sweetnecta: 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
@Aloy/Emeka: « #222 on: Today at 01:01:30 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 07:24:13 PM
@Frosbel: « #166 on: Today at 07:05:43 PM »The rule of the game changes when you die. Enjoyment is heightened if you receive the Mercy of God. Punish will be heightened for those who are in difficulty of fire [the worst kind of life on earth is really paradise compared to the lives of the people in Hell].

Imagine what comfort and security were to a baby in mother's tummy until he comes out and see how vast, the collage of worldly beauty is; the sight and sound, whereas mother's tummy is just what it is; water world.

Paradise is better than earth, if the best of earth is made to take the basic quality of mother's tummy. You can see why the best is yet to come for Muslims.

[b]More like enjoyment is heightened for only muslim men because they will each have access to 72 virgins [/b]while the muslim women who make heaven will be roasting because they lost their virginity on earth. Did Allah make plans on how non virgin muslim women in heaven will achieve 5exual ecstasy?.[Quote]Every earthly wife who reached Islamic PARADISE will be better than any created being [houri] and may even be better than the whole 72 that you listed and then some more. Heaven is different from Paradise. You and yours end up in heaven [there are 7 heavens; so which one is yours?]. Muslim women end up in Paradise. People in paradise are not "roasted", probably toasted by their earthly husband, or the one chosen [made] for them. Example; Mary the mother of Jesus and Asia, the wife of tyrannical Pharaoh shall be wives of the messenger [as]. A woman who made Paradise while earthly husband is in heaven [HELLISH Part] will have a husband of her own choice. A woman who was married to earthly husbands who also are in Paradise will have the choice from them, InshaAllah.

Everyone is created anew. Everyone in PARADISE is new each time of encounter. When Allah forgives, it is complete forgiveness as if one never was a sinner. Everything is overlooked, wiped off the record.

If you are a woman, Aloy/Emeka, I have to inform you that your heaven has not enjoyment. You don't even eat. Your human senses are dulled out. If you are a man, there will never be any sex for you, even drinking cold beverages in forbidden you, though you are sweating. The ghetto part of afterlife is heaven that is not Paradise; the suffer in such a non paradise heaven.

Most non muslims are getting theirs here because they know none of it is waiting for them afterlife.[/quote][/quote]
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

[b]to further substantiate my claims as per kano and save you the rot of ignorance. see the post below from NL FRONT PAGE FEW MINUTES AGO.[/b]KANO DESTROYS 42000 BOTTLES OF ALCHOHOL
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-792728.0.html

u must think urself as smart o. who says dat doesnt happen. and how does that make dem a good representation of Muslims ??

put in mind- Muslim doesnt= Islam.

and Muslims are of different nationalities and av different cultures dat influence their lives

there are also d socioeconomic factors to look into

wv d above, are the people of kano a representation of an average Muslim??

when u answer ds, i will understand if u need lessons on statistics nd find a way of giving that to u
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Sweetnecta: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2011
@Davidylan: « #208 on: Yesterday at 11:29:36 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Jarus on Yesterday at 08:48:10 PM
Naturally, a woman will find discomfiting his husband marrying another wife. This is natural and I think pardonable but a Muslim woman should try to suppress it and avoid overreacting. She should, with wisdom, try to convince the husband that taking more than 1 wife is optional not mandatory and by staying monogamous, he has not breached any Islamic principle, and she should be careful here not to see polygamy as bad, which it is not.

If her persuasion fails, let her recognize the fact that Allah that permits polygamy knows us more than ourselves and we have to respect his injunctions. He should not go mad at her husband nor make the house hot. If she comports herself well(it's hard naturally) she will not lose anything. I am from a polygamous family and though Hajia Jarus must not hear this(and she comes to NL once in a while. Lol) it's never say never, although no short to medium term plans to do 2.

allah must not care so much for women at all. So he knows it is natural for his women that he claimed to have created to hate a family situation he allows?[/Quote]You hate being married or are you or you are too poor to? But Yahweh also created being hung on a tree. You hate it or you love to experience it? Most christians are waiting for Rapture as if jehovah didn't create death. They hate dying and wish to escape it through the never shall happen rapture. You, sir, hates many things that Jehovah created, including family situations; marriage for common folks and being unmarried when you finally have the spine to do it, opposing the unmarried Jesus.

From my siblings born of my other mothers are some of my best friends. My mother remains close friend with the surviving co-wives.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by DaDoctor: 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

u must think urself as smart o. who says dat doesnt happen. and how does that make dem a good representation of Muslims ??

put in mind- Muslim doesnt= Islam.

and Muslims are of different nationalities and av different cultures dat influence their lives

there are also d socioeconomic factors to look into

wv d above, are the people of kano a representation of an average Muslim??

when u answer ds, i will understand if u need lessons on statistics nd find a way of giving that to u

COME. MUMU!! WETIN DEY EVEN WORRY U SEF? NA ME SAY MAKE U MARRY POLYGAMIST? ABEG WAKA JARE.
U ARE BEING SHOWN THE LIGHT YET U DECIDE TO REMAIN IN DARK AND SUBTANTIATE SAME WITH FAKE CLAIMS LIKE A CHILD.

IF ME AND U BEGIN CHALLENGE FOR EDUCATION U NO EVEN REACH ME QUARTER SFE. U DEY HERER DEY TALK STATISTICS WEY U NO UNDERSTAND.

SEE, U CAN DEDUCE OR INDUCE IN UR REASONING SO GO SIDON. SMALL TIME NOW U GO SAY BOKO HARAM GET REASON TO STORM US BLA BLA BLA.

U ARE REALLY LOST OH! DYING IN IGNORANCE
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Sweetnecta: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^^^^So Da Doctor never heard of an ever rotating spin wheel of one wife that keeps having a different face of wife, every few years? Donald Trump and gang of easy does it it women man.

So Da Doctor never heard of a one wife man that the wife is somewhat unhappy because the husband in always unzipped with other women? Hello Bill Clinton.

There are all kinds of people and marriages.

Catholics get fight to get divorce and marry another wife. Senator Alfonso Damalto; bon journo.

just because you do not have enough kashogi to be husband of more than 1 wife, and you dont any woman who is a realist is not the reason to think every polygamy relationship is a disaster. Jacob did it, if you think that Abraham failed. Issac with one wife, Rebecca failed miserably; talk about take the enemy of yourself and that of your son for your wife and his mother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Islamic Ruling On MMM / See What’s Inside The Holy Kaaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.