Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (32340 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 1:04am On Nov 01, 2011
bhusayor:

Rotfl oooo! Infact I'm the 10th wife to an afar, how does that affect your idle behind,

Its my life, my choice and my decision! Hehehehehe

Are muslim women scared of seeing the light?. I know its your life but by entering another woman's home, you may have affected another life because YOU STOLE the very man she struggled all her adult life to build; so it's no more your life alone.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 01, 2011
^please don't let her get to you,ignore her that's what she does best.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 1:05am On Nov 01, 2011
bhusayor:

I hope cougar understands better now with this insultive and malicious  post of yours.

Why insult the poor woman if you are really out to seek muslim women's opinion?

when was i malicious and which of my comments insulted you?
biko - are you sure this comment of yours is for me or for someone else?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 1:07am On Nov 01, 2011
Keemie:

^ this is why I don't normally post a reply on NL. You asked for my opinion and I gave  you an answer and all you could do is abuse me. I really thought my post would be free from abuse.

Please where did I abuse you?. If you find my reply offensive, please forgive me;  ma bi nu. My question to you is how can a randy muslim man follow the rules of polygamy as stipulated by the quran?. Which rules and how do you discern when he is following the rules of the quran or the rules of his 3rd leg?.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 01, 2011
coogar:

when was i malicious and which of my comments insulted you.
biko - are you sure this comment of yours is for me or for someone else?

Nah, don't get me wrong, was on mobile before so I couldn't quote, one of your replies to beta things was that the initial post isn't malicious or insulting in any way, so I referred you to this one.

aloy/emeka:

Which rules besides the fact that he is tired of your old behind and has a passionate desire for a younger behind. Is that the rule you are talking about?. If that is okay by you, then you need your head seriously examined.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 1:16am On Nov 01, 2011
bhusayor:

Nah, don't get me wrong, was on mobile before so I couldn't quote, one of your replies to beta things was that the initial post isn't malicious or insulting in any way, so I referred you to this one.

aloy/emeka is a muppet and his general muppetry has just commenced.
but i was right when i said he wasn't malicious in his previous comments - it's midday wherever he dwells now so his brain cells are getting cooked up.
i wouldn't expect you to think he would be rational for the next few hours. come back here in 9 hours and he would be normal all over again.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Are muslim women scared of seeing the light?. I know its your life but by entering another woman's home, you may have affected another life because YOU STOLE the very man she struggled all her adult life to build; so it's no more your life alone.

Thanx for the concern, afar and the other elehas are not complaining , we all live in peace grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by lovetosin: 1:25am On Nov 01, 2011
I believe what the Glorious Book should have laid emphases on is Discipline and it shouldn't have encouraged polygamy for any so call reasons at all, saying that is the nature of man. It is a pure lie from the pit of hell sold by the devil. Once you tell God to help you with discipline you will find it easy and nice as a man. A man of will and discipline is strong and will withstand any act of adulterous life.

This poster has broken it down plain and simple.There's nothing and will ever be anything good about polygamy.I have seen families become murderers in a polygamous setting.It does more harm than good.Its just a flawed argument in the Koran. When a man or woman learns to be disciplined enough, regardless of religious sentiments,such person is better equipped to deal with worldly callings than the lame excuse of indulging randiness by taking on more wives.This teaching is stupid at best. Just like white vs black,xtians vs moslems cause division and hatred among its followers,Polygamy causes division,back-biting,enmity,hatred amongst family which would have otherwise been strong,if left single, please dont even get me started on this issue of "32 virgins". It ridiculous.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 01, 2011
^how come you got the figure wrong? '72' not '32' n please get started with the same old crap,maybe that would get me some sleep. Its past my bedtime, but I'm very restless.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 1:41am On Nov 01, 2011
bhusayor:

Thanx for the concern, afar and the other elehas are not complaining , we all live in peace grin grin cheesy wink

Says who?. Eleha #1 may be hiding her feelings because she is afraid if Mohammed and his machete wielding disciples. It is very unnatural for a woman to sit and watch another woman invade her matrimonial home in the name of Allah. Stop breaking happy homes and making men like Bitter@Necta continue to nurse their randy appetite.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 1:42am On Nov 01, 2011
bhusayor:

^how come you got the figure wrong? '72' not '32' n please get started with the same old crap,maybe that would get me some sleep. Its past my bedtime, but I'm very restless.

Why are you restless sweerie?.  Did eleha #3 threaten you?. J/k. Come to Christ and you will find rest.

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 1:44am On Nov 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Why are you restless sweerie?.  Did eleha #3 threaten you?. J/k. Come to Christ and you will find rest.

emeka, you are a troublemaker!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by lovetosin: 1:48am On Nov 01, 2011

Oh wow "72". 40 more virgins, little wonder abdulmuttallab wants to kill those innocent souls, grin
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 1:53am On Nov 01, 2011
coogar:

emeka, you are a troublemaker!

Naa, just helping a sista trapped in the "peaceful" religion get real peace. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Who is christ to find me rest when I can easily take one dose of valium tongue tongue tongue
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 2:06am On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

In reality, every1 knows if the laws of the Qur'an are followed and men cohabit with only the women their hands possess, the world would be free of many of these sexually transmitted infections.

Lord have mercy. Muslim men really tightened their end o. Their women are helping them with the excessive supply of honey pot.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Naa, just helping a sista trapped in the "peaceful" religion get real peace. tongue tongue tongue

Don't I just love being trapped in this peaceful religion, I certainly do! May I never be 'untrapped' to start chasing shadows grin

At last, I get to sleep now without christ tongue.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 2:08am On Nov 01, 2011
bhusayor:

Who is christ to find me rest when I can easily take one dose of valium tongue tongue tongue

Valium can only relieve you temporarily but Christ will bring eternal joy unto your life. Why do you need valium or propofol to sleep in the first place?. It is a sign that all is not well and there will never be any rest for the weary unless he/she offloads that burden to Christ.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 01, 2011
^^chei! See grandiose delusion! I shall be damned if I fall for this!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 3:16am On Nov 01, 2011
coogar:

if i were you, i would settle for that cos that was exactly what i meant.
if i had made any other abusive comment in my missive to you, then i would have understood the doubt.

If I were you, I would be a real gentleman and post sincerely without some underhanded abuse
The word was needless and subject to some other interpretation. Taken out, you would still have made your point

coogar:

i have and it's far from your own war you want to create here.

Who mentioned a war? You did! And of course, your view is that you should just make jest of Islam and we should cheer because you are posting peacefully. But pointing out that christians are being provocative as usual starts a religious war. Anyway I am not surprsied, why should you not twist this into a ME shooting was scenario. Christians publish fake Qur'an all the time. It is part of a religious duty - printing "peacfeully"

coogar:

it means what it says exactly.
in this day and age when most people are shunning polygamy.  people(especially women) are more educated than they were 20 yrs ago and women have been empowered. so it's interesting to know what muslim women feel about polygamy.

Ok. So they should in this day and age disown a part of their faith? Any Muslim who understands Islam does not care about this day-and-age standard of Christians and the others. If Allah and His messenger tell us something, we do it. Of course, it might appear difficult, or due to little faith not do it, but we would not dissociate from it. So allow the empowered and educated woman make her decision without goading her

It is really strange how Christians tell us about how women are being forced to do things against their will when we know the truth. Deol has explained that she wears the Hijab for a reason. She appears empowered and educated enough, but I am sure that in order to respect and defend her right, she would be forced to remove the Hijab in France. Sounds like what I see here. Of course the Freanch would be prepared to defend by force of arms, if necessary, a woman's right to appear nude at some bitches.

coogar:

homos[i]e[/i]xuality is perverse.
i believe every christian will tell you that.

Really? Ever[/b]y Chsristian?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homosexuality

Even the Church of England disagrees with you
But how come that in this day and age with your exposure, you are still carrying this "neanderthal" belief about ho.mo.s

coogar:

what did i write?
this is funny cos [b]deols
that i engaged throughout did not see any problem. i am a bit astounded you have decided to nominate yourself as her public address system.

Deol is not necessarily the sole judge of what you are doing. When you counter Islam with a Biblical quote, it is not just Deol that is interested.
As you can now see, your Christian folks have jumped onto the thread
And the OP's true intentions are clearer now
Your defence of the OP has been contradicted by his clear statements
The man was well educated enough before opening this thread

coogar:

theatrical - it's strictly hollywood.
nothing religious at all. killing innocent people in the war against infidels is not religious?
i laugh in khomeini!

Killing of innocents? Proof please
And the war of Christians against infidels? What are the results?
You should be laughing in Mossedique of Iran
Also laugh in Abu Ghraib
Yes laugh in the inquisition
Also laugh in this
http://news.yahoo.com/soldier-admits-taking-war-trophies-denies-murder-173957917.html

More innocents
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mylai/Myl_intro.html

coogar:

my folks?
betathings - don't push your luck too hard.

My luck? What luck? To be discussing here?
And if I pushed it, Sir, what would you do?

coogar:

which christian nation? educate me, please.

which group? can you be a bit concise in your comments?

America of course
Now let the denial start and point to me the last time that a Hindi, atheist was sworn in as president

Of course the whole idea begind this thread by your group (CHRISTIANS) is to ridicule Islam
It is a common past time amongs Christians on NL

coogar:

i wear that like a badge of honour!

it is not offensive, it is not abusive.
i see no reason why a court will not allow such a leading question.

Yes, name calling is quite a religious duty in christianity
Of course a question does not have to be abusive to be leading
A court worth its salt would, ask any lawyer or peruse any book on cross-examination

coogar:

you women of islam have been told to persevere, to be patient and to endure. it does not mean you are comfortable with everything. so the op was just trying to finecomb and see how the women of islam really cope with polygamy. i see nothing malicious in her question.

Christian women have been told to keep quiet in church, not ask questions and wait until they get home to ask their husbands
Christian women have been further instructed to SUBMIT to their husbands in EVERYTHING,
They are told that they are created for their men, not men for them

Are they comfortable?
In Islam we might be uncomfortable. But what do we know? We cannnot always know the ways of Allah. We trust Him and obey. If we have any problem with any situation, like Prophet Yaqoub did we complain to Allah alone (Quran 12:86)

coogar:

the imagery is important cos a lot of the women on here are not married yet. many don't even know what they are getting into entering a polygamous setting. it is important the op puts the imagery so as to get the real reaction of the women of islam about polygamy.

like jarus said. . . . "Naturally, a woman will find discomfiting his husband marrying another wife. This is natural and I think pardonable but a Muslim woman should try to suppress it and avoid overreacting" therefore, it is educative to know how the women of islam feel about the practise.
Patronising, isn't it?
The OP is a woman who has experienced it before and need to dramatise to these unimaginative spinsters
And the only issue about polygamy is the sharing of the man's bed?
Why not some imagery about these other aspects of life/
Have you ever heard that a woman would introduce another woman to her husband?
And Jarus, a man, now appreciates the women sufficiently after a man drmatises the issue
Yet the spinsters who have never seen polygamy before or heard anything about it before now need the OP to properly explain it
Very kind!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nnwniger: 3:52am On Nov 01, 2011
Keemie, can you spell the word CHOICE? What choice do you have but to obey without complain, NONE. An-Nisa, 34, gives your huaband permission to beat you black & blue if you don't do as he wants, period. Keemie, I didn't made it up,its in your Quran, I'm so sorry
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2011
See how these riffraffs are ruining the thread

keemie, unlike the others Im curious, what are the rules that he must follow before you accept it?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Sweetnecta: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2011
@nnw nigar: « #244 on: Today at 03:52:23 AM »
[Quote]Keemie, can you spell the word CHOICE? What choice do you have but to obey without complain, NONE. An-Nisa, 34, gives your huaband permission to beat you black & blue if you don't do as he wants, period. Keemie, I didn't made it up,its in your Quran, I'm so sorry[/Quote]Muslim women as spinsters have the choices to marry single or married men, while the only choice of muslim men have is the unmarried women.Muslim wife must not obey a husband who wishes her to disobey Islam which is her pure conscience, her essence, her womanhood, her person. A wife has the contract of marriage as the basis of remaining in the marriage, same as husband. She could for any reason institute a divorce and it will be permanent if she offers to return the dowry as a means of letting everyone knows she is serious about it. No other religion gives these opportunities to their women. The protection and honor of women and the wombs are from before birth all the way to the grave. Womb is derived from a Name of Allah and womb is protected and honored far above the father, the husband, the male.

There is a whole chapter called Divorce in honor of women, wives, mothers, females. There is another chapter called The disputant woman in honor of the woman voice; she has same right and she is not obligated to cook and clean, etc, etc, as wife. The duties of wives does not include anything the husband can do, yet she may just be permanently retired.

Muhammad [as] is our best example. Then his companions [ra]. Then those who followed them, up to 2 generations. Then a truly pious and knowledgeable muslims of your time. None of these will beat their wives, or enslave her. But instead, make her his jewel, the trophy of manhood, success. This is the way I see muslim wives, our women, our mothers, our first love.

And I am not making them up, but drawing from the spring and well of abundant knowledge of Islam. When you read the verses of Quran, you must read the hadith and tafsir that are to educate you further; source that will go back to the messenger [as].

If people beat their wives, women, mothers, females black and blue, that is not islam, it is personality trait defect, cultural maybe, but Islam. And unfortunately one man on earth doing is is one too many, muslim or not.

Reread the Quran. And again, until you get the true meaning, because Allah says in Surah Qamar [the Moon]; those who hear the verses and derive therefore from what they hear the best meaning are those have piety and true knowledge. What s the value of knowledge if it is not applied properly? Someone said a long time that an one that wishes to deceive may look at the number of possible wives to have as 2s plus 3s plus 4s and then 1. In his scheme, he may marry 10 and he may marry much more using the obvious loophole without observing the hadith and tafsir that give us better understanding of these very heavy verses.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by maclatunji: 8:55am On Nov 01, 2011
Aloy/Emeka if you continue at this rate you are liable to die of heartbreak. A day will come when Americans and Europeans will start practising Polygamy again. I wonder what you will do then grin. You see your intentions have been exposed. Aloy/Emeka you do not know it but you are advertising Polygamy as a product to the world. Right now, some lonely nice young woman is thinking to herself: "If I find a decent and responsible Muslim man who wants me for a 2nd wife- I will accept!" So thank you for exposing the concept tongue .
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 01, 2011
^
Only a low self-esteemed woman or money-hungry woman would agree to be a plural wife to a man when there are over 4 billions single men running around on the planet.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by maclatunji: 9:31am On Nov 01, 2011
mbatuku2:

^
Only a low self-esteemed woman or money-hungry woman would agree to be a plural wife to a man when there are over 4 billions single men running around on the planet.

YAWNS! I suppose the runs babes on our campuses have HUMOUNGOUS SELF ESTEEM whilst they do the things they do. Commot!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by mployer(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2011
Aloy/Emeka if you continue at this rate you are liable to die of heartbreak. A day will come when Americans and Europeans will start practising Polygamy again. I wonder what you will do then Grin. You see your intentions have been exposed. Aloy/Emeka you do not know it but you are advertising Polygamy as a product to the world. Right now, some lonely nice young woman is thinking to herself: "If I find a decent and responsible Muslim man who wants me for a 2nd wife- I will accept!" So thank you for exposing the concept Tongue

People deceiving themselves
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by yurLink: 9:46am On Nov 01, 2011
@Frosbel, Ignorance is a disease, it is not wise to comment on what you know nothing about, marriage in the middle ages could be for companionship alone, the wives of soldiers that died in the war moved into the prophets household as their was no one to cater for them as some other people had their abodes full, and for your information The Prophet did not consummate ( no sexual relationship) his marriage with all of them, some were way older, others he released(still without sexual relationship) after
and hey u say u want to be like God, don'y be stupid, it cannot be done
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by fxtopedia(m): 10:16am On Nov 01, 2011
Poly Or Uni?

Though I attended polytechnic before my University days,  in the labour market there is discrimination

Now back to the topic! It is delusional and illusion that makes some people to opt for POLYGAMY.
Many a husband most especially Muslims had joined the silence ones untimely because of such ACT.
Many had caused his family(Children) pains that cannot be cured because of ''second wife''

Foolish make them to think it would curb adulterous act, but it increases it and inflicted unending PAINS.

If you are planning to be second wife or marry more than ONE wife expect  f****

Ojukan ni ada nni,  grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Jarus(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2011
^^^^
I am from a polygamous family and we are one of the happiest and coherent units you can wish to belong to? What about that?

As for me I don't have any plans to do polygamy,(though never say never) but I will never speak against it nor discourage whoever opts to do, but can remind him to think over it very well and weigh the cons and pros viz a viz his capacity.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by tunnytox(m): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2011
If Muslim women are happy for their husbands to marry more wives or to become second, third or fourth wife then so be it! Why do I need to drink Panadol for someone else's headache?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by fxtopedia(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2011
Jarus:

^^^^
I am from a polygamous family and we are one of the happiest and coherent units you can wish to belong to? What about that?

As for me I don't have any plans to do polygamy,(though never say never) but I will never speak against it nor discourage whoever opts to do, but can remind him to think over it very well and weigh the cons and pros viz a viz his capacity.

That is one in millions,

[size=18pt]BUT[/size]
Second bolded looks like contraction or am I missing something?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Islamic Ruling On MMM / See What’s Inside The Holy Kaaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.