Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (32345 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
Sweetnecta:

frustrated frosbel.

The emotion of the people of paradise is different from the envy and jealousy we have on earth.

And you are a father? When your wife was pregnant, you didn't feel how your child kicked when you touch the tummy?

When the baby came out, if you touch his mother's tummy, does he kick still?
If you touch his tummy, or any part of him, does he kick as when he used to be in the tummy?

The rules change. Allah removes envy and jealousy. The rules really changed.

whats the rule[s] in your clapping and singing heaven, which is not paradise?

Mr I am not sexually frustrated to be looking forward for a intimate heaven.

One wife is enough for me, thank you .

Our heaven is like this :

I opened this article https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-793752.0.html#msg9454306  just for you.  grin

Lets meet there.

I am outta here , let me leave my sister Deols in peace !!!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
Great question

I wish only Muslim women were allowed to repy though ut God forbid they allow their women to answer questions without swooping in. Bloody control freaks
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by dayokanu(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Great question

I wish only Muslim women were allowed to repy though ut God forbid they allow their women to answer questions without swooping in. Bloody control freaks

You would be my second wife and there is nothing you can do about it
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Sweetnecta: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
^and they come in both genders.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Great question

And you are muslim woman? And the christian men injecting all manner of attacks on Islam? And they are what?
Bloody? Typical christian freedom with insults and acerbic language
Control freaks? How? Are they their wives
Christianity is impractical and incoherent. So to deflect attention, attack Islam all the time.
How many muslims open threads like this.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
BetaThings:

And you are muslim woman? And the christian men injecting all manner of attacks on Islam? And they are what?
Bloody? Typical christian freedom with insults and acerbic language
Control freaks? How? Are they their wives
Christianity is impractical and incoherent. So to deflect attention, attack Islam all the time.
How many muslims open threads like this.

come on, geezer!

we have been posting on this thread peacefully without denigrating other religions.
don't bring a religious war here and don't make your own arguments.
no one attacked islam throughout the time i have posted here so shushhhhh!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

come on, geezer!

we have been posting on this thread peacefully without denigrating other religions.
don't bring a religious war here and don't make your own arguments.
no one attacked islam throughout the time i have posted here so shushhhhh!
Is it an article of faith for christians to always call people names? How much reward does this bring to you guys?
So calling mulsim guys who contribute on this thread control freaks is
While ignoring the fact that christians guys are insidiously proselytizing is "posting peacefully"?

What is the purpose of this thread?
But quoting the Bible to try and refute an Islamic position is not denigrating the position of Islam?
Religious wars are started by christians all the time and they then craftily play the peace lover
If a muslim woman is happy with her "suffering" in a polygamous relationship, why not leave her with her "problem"?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nnwniger: 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
Unfortunately, in Islam, women have NO such choice and lack the intelligence to make such choice. Muhammed said in one of his many teachings," I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY ONE MORE DEFICIENT IN INTELLIGENCE THAN WOMEN"- Surah 2:228. Islam sees their wives as their possession,- Surah2:214. Isalam considers their wives as sex objects."YOUR WIVES ARE AS TILTH UNTO YOU, SO APPROACH YOUR TILTH WHEN OR HOW YE WILL"- Surah 2:223. Muhammed said women are BAD OMEN -Bukhary Vol. 7:33 and told men to BEAT THEM (their wives)- Surah4:34. Any challenge?, I have the Coran with me
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
BetaThings:

Is it an article of faith for christians to always call people names? How much reward does this bring to you guys?
While ignoring the fact that christians guys are insidiously proselytizing is "posting peacefully"?

call people names? where did i call you names?
if you don't know what the word geezer means, then use your dictionary.
geezer = guy = bloke = man.

to educate the non-muslims what their women feel about polygamy. . .
in this day and age of civilization, it's interesting to know what the educated muslim women feel about polygamy.
i have learnt a lot from the thread particularly from deols who isn't as vile as you sound.

But quoting the Bible to try and refute an Islamic position is not denigrating the position of Islam?

i quoted what i believe in, she quoted what she believes in. nowhere did i say she was wrong or her beliefs are wrong.
perhaps, you are making your own argument just to chirp in.

Religious wars are started by christians all the time and they then craftily play the peace lover

yes, the pope started all the wars in the middle east.
listen to yourself.

If a muslim woman is happy with her "suffering" in a polygamous relationship, why not leave her with her "problem"?

dang it!
can you read the topic for once and stop comparing with your own figment of your wet dreams.
the original poster asked if muslim women would tolerate a 2nd wife. nowhere did she mention suffering.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by emmatok(m): 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
BetaThings:

If a muslim woman is happy with her "suffering" [/b]in a polygamous relationship, why not leave her with her "problem"?

I trust you to always come here fighting the religious war.

Look man the op is just asking a rational question."Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife?"

Because must Muslim women including [b]deols
are not willing to enter a Polygamous relationship.

So just chill and enjoy the trill.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
Beta or whatever you call yourself. Thanks for proving my point

Who else can answr the question other than Muslim women? Instead of butting in, let them say their own thoughts on the issue but they cant because they know you and the other fiends will come and silence them. Rubbish
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by armyofone(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2011
An outdated immoralistic behavior. marrying two woman is a crime against humanity.
How is it possible for a man with one manliness to service two women is puzzling (not in the real sense undecided)  
in 2011, no woman should accept this immoral and pedo behavior. women have come a long way and accepting this nonsensical behavior from any man born of a woman is  lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 10:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
Jarus:

Naturally, a woman will find discomfiting his husband marrying another wife. This is natural and I think pardonable but a Muslim woman should try to suppress it and avoid overreacting. She should, with wisdom, try to convince the husband that taking more than 1 wife is optional not mandatory and by staying monogamous, he has not breached any Islamic principle, and she should be careful here not to see polygamy as bad, which it is not.

If her persuasion fails, let her recognize the fact that Allah that permits polygamy knows us more than ourselves and we have to respect his injunctions. He should not go mad at her husband nor make the house hot. If she comports herself well(it's hard naturally) she will not lose anything. I am from a polygamous family and though Hajia Jarus must not hear this(and she comes to NL once in a while. Lol) it's never say never, although no short to medium term plans to do 2.

The only level headed muslim albeit a man who actually tried to answer my initial question. Not that I agree with all he said but at least he attempted the question.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
nnw niger:

Unfortunately, in Islam, women have NO such choice and lack the intelligence to make such choice. Muhammed said in one of his many teachings," I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY ONE MORE DEFICIENT IN INTELLIGENCE THAN WOMEN"- Surah 2:228. Islam sees their wives as their possession,- Surah2:214. Isalam considers their wives as sex objects."YOUR WIVES ARE AS TILTH UNTO YOU, SO APPROACH YOUR TILTH WHEN OR HOW YE WILL"- Surah 2:223. Muhammed said women are BAD OMEN -Bukhary Vol. 7:33 and told men to BEAT THEM (their wives)- Surah4:34. Any challenge?, I have the Coran with me

No challenge
except that women are too intelligent and are thus forbidden from speaking in the church
If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. 1 Conrinthians 14: 35
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 1 Timothy 2:12

The "highly intelligent" christain women have thrown out those "stupid" verses and have been ordained priests
Of course, christian women are to submit to their husbands in everything Ephesians 5  22 :24

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." 1 Corinthinans 11:19
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Beta or whatever you call yourself. Thanks for proving my point

Who else can answr the question other than Muslim women? Instead of butting in, let them say their own thoughts on the issue but they cant because they know you and the other fiends will come and silence them. Rubbish
I proved your point? Or you have proved that name calling and insults not rewarded in your religion
How would I silence them when I don't know them in real life?
This thread has run into 7 pages. Bring a quote of where any of your so-called "control freaks" has tried to silence them
Do it, plaese
But why should a muslim man not be able to contribute here while a christian man can?
And in any case, the OP commended a muslim guy for posting, but you must censor them
That is rich, isn't it
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
armyofone:

An outdated immoralistic behavior. marrying two woman is a crime against humanity.
How is it possible for a man with one manliness to service two women is puzzling (not in the real sense undecided)
in 2011, no woman should accept this immoral and pedo behavior. women have come a long way and accepting this nonsensical behavior from any man born of a woman is lipsrsealed

You would be my fourth wife.

My youngest wife and enjoy the benefits of being the youngest

Go and watch Sister wives series
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
Jarus:

Naturally, a woman will find discomfiting his husband marrying another wife. This is natural and I think pardonable but a Muslim woman should try to suppress it and avoid overreacting. She should, with wisdom, try to convince the husband that taking more than 1 wife is optional not mandatory and by staying monogamous, he has not breached any Islamic principle, and she should be careful here not to see polygamy as bad, which it is not.

If her persuasion fails, let her recognize the fact that Allah that permits polygamy knows us more than ourselves and we have to respect his injunctions. He should not go mad at her husband nor make the house hot. If she comports herself well(it's hard naturally) she will not lose anything. I am from a polygamous family and though Hajia Jarus must not hear this(and she comes to NL once in a while. Lol) it's never say never, although no short to medium term plans to do 2.

allah must not care so much for women at all. So he knows it is natural for his women that he claimed to have created to hate a family situation he allows?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

call people names? where did i call you names?
if you don't know what the word geezer means, then use your dictionary.
geezer = guy = bloke = man.

If you want to foxy, why not use a word that has a subtle derogatory meaning
a geezer is most likely a cranky, eccentric
This is Oxfordictionaries
British = a man:
  he strikes me as a decent geezer
  North American informal , derogatory an old man.
Which one? decent conversation without a needless expression that can mean something derogatory or the passtime of your people

coogar:

to educate the non-muslims what their women feel about polygamy. . .
in this day and age of civilization, it's interesting to know what the educated muslim women feel about polygamy.
i have learnt a lot from the thread particularly from deols who isn't as vile as you sound.

What a wordly outlook! I am to believe that minds have not been made up about the matter
Have you read the suggestive and follow up questions from the OP
What does the part in bold mean
Look, your guys have been raising issues about Islam for long and the intent has always been the same
Ok, in this day and age of civilization, what do you think about the position of the Bible on H.omo.s.ex.uality.

coogar:

i quoted what i believe in, she quoted what she believes in. nowhere did i say she was wrong or her beliefs are wrong.
perhaps, you are making your own argument just to chirp in.
When you are quoting what you believe in to counter or refute, it is different
Read what you wrote

coogar:

yes, the pope started all the wars in the middle east.
listen to yourself.

And all the wars inthe Middle East are religious?
The Battle of Lepanto was celebrated by the Pope
Just like the St Bartholemews Day Massacre
And war can be internet-based such as the ones your folks have for long been fighting here
In any case, it is a christian nation that last invaded a muslim nation without cause in  the ME
You will notice of course that you mentioned religious war first
And we know your group provoke muslims all the time, as soon as we mention it, you suddenly go saintly

coogar:

dang it!
can you read the topic for once and stop comparing with your own figment of your wet dreams.
the original poster asked if muslim women would tolerate a 2nd wife. nowhere did she mention suffering.
My wet dreams? You are such a wordsmith!
I actually read with my own eyes the OP talking about somebody being in the cold while another woman is with her husband
A court will not allow such a leading question
Why not simply ask the women how they feel about polygamy and without leading with such imagery if he truly believes the women have the sense to appreciate the question
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
aloy/emeka:

The only level headed muslim albeit a man who actually tried to answer my initial question. Not that I agree with all he said but at least he attempted the question.
His highness in his infinite wisdom has judged his subjects and spoken!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by BetaThings: 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
emmatok:

I trust you to always come here fighting the religious war.

Look man the op is just asking a rational question."Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife?"

Because must Muslim women including deols are not willing to enter a Polygamous relationship.

So just chill and enjoy the trill.
Rational question? on Nairaland? The man's mind was made up since age 5
Has anybody told him anything positive about Islam since he was born. Is Islam not the bogeyman?
Fact is that we don't query what Allah has ordained. It is civilisation that will come back after going full circle
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Keemie(f): 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
So far my husband follows the rules of polygamy as written in the Quran and Sunnah, I'll accept it.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 12:01am On Nov 01, 2011
BetaThings:

If you want to foxy, why not use a word that has a subtle derogatory meaning
a geezer is most likely a cranky, eccentric
This is Oxfordictionaries
British = a man:
  he strikes me as a decent geezer

North American informal , derogatory an old man.
Which one? decent conversation without a needless expression that can mean something derogatory or the passtime of your people

if i were you, i would settle for that cos that was exactly what i meant.
if i had made any other abusive comment in my missive to you, then i would have understood the doubt.

What a wordly outlook! I am to believe that minds have not been made up about the matter
Have you read the suggestive and follow up questions from the OP

i have and it's far from your own war you want to create here.

What does the part in bold mean

it means what it says exactly.
in this day and age when most people are shunning polygamy.  people(especially women) are more educated than they were 20 yrs ago and women have been empowered. so it's interesting to know what muslim women feel about polygamy.

Look, your guys have been raising issues about Islam for long and the intent has always been the same
Ok, in this day and age of civilization, what do you think about the position of the Bible on H.omo.s.ex.uality.

homos[i]e[/i]xuality is perverse.
i believe every christian will tell you that.

When you are quoting what you believe in to counter or refute, it is different
Read what you wrote

what did i write?
this is funny cos deols that i engaged throughout did not see any problem. i am a bit astounded you have decided to nominate yourself as her public address system.

And all the wars inthe Middle East are religious?

theatrical - it's strictly hollywood.
nothing religious at all. killing innocent people in the war against infidels is not religious?
i laugh in khomeini!

The Battle of Lepanto was celebrated by the Pope
Just like the St Bartholemews Day Massacre
And war can be internet-based such as the ones your folks have for long been fighting here

my folks?
betathings - don't push your luck too hard.

In any case, it is a christian nation that last invaded a muslim nation without cause in  the ME
You will notice of course that you mentioned religious war first

which christian nation? educate me, please.

And we know your group provoke muslims all the time, as soon as we mention it, you suddenly go saintly

which group? can you be a bit concise in your comments?

My wet dreams? You are such a wordsmith!

i wear that like a badge of honour!

I actually read with my own eyes the OP talking about somebody being in the cold while another woman is with her husband
A court will not allow such a leading question

it is not offensive, it is not abusive.
i see no reason why a court will not allow such a leading question.
you women of islam have been told to persevere, to be patient and to endure. it does not mean you are comfortable with everything. so the op was just trying to finecomb and see how the women of islam really cope with polygamy. i see nothing malicious in her question.

Why not simply ask the women how they feel about polygamy and [b]without leading with such imagery i[/b]f he truly believes the women have the sense to appreciate the question

the imagery is important cos a lot of the women on here are not married yet. many don't even know what they are getting into entering a polygamous setting. it is important the op puts the imagery so as to get the real reaction of the women of islam about polygamy.

like jarus said. . . . "Naturally, a woman will find discomfiting his husband marrying another wife. This is natural and I think pardonable but a Muslim woman should try to suppress it and avoid overreacting" therefore, it is educative to know how the women of islam feel about the practise.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 01, 2011
God, who created us wit our best interests @ heart has said 'One man, One wife'. Every oda option is 2nd best, choice is urs. And to d polygamy and adultery issues, a man or woman cheating in a marriage doesnt do his/her spouse any harm, but hurts himself. Every one is answerable for their own sins, c'est plus simple.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 01, 2011
What a thread!

The God of heaven who is revealed in the bible does not support polygamy and divorce however the god of the Muslims  permit that. And for those talking about paradise and having 72 wives (which is absurd), Mohammed himself wasn't sure he would go to the paradise some people are blowing up themselves to reach quickly.

If Muslim ladies can engage their common sense they would soon realise that something must be wrong somewhere

How could God allow men to marry up to 4 wives and not allow women marry 4 husbands?
How could the testimony of one man equal to that of 2 women in Sharia law?
How could a woman compete with 72 sex machines in paradise? Does it not mean paradise is made for men while women would just have to cope with no reward?

Surely the god of Islam is not the living God and Mohammed does not represent any of the prophets before him neither does he speak the mind of God and his teachings are against that of Christ
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 01, 2011
^^the kind of troll
betathings has been talking about.

Are you a muslim woman? N even if u must comment, Can't you learn from some of the reasonable christian men on the thread?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 01, 2011
You are sooooo misinformed and biased that 100years of enlightenment won't yield anything, *sighs*
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 12:53am On Nov 01, 2011
Keemie:

So far my husband follows the rules of polygamy as written in the Quran and Sunnah, I'll accept it.

Which rules besides the fact that he is tired of your old behind and has a passionate desire for a younger behind. Is that the rule you are talking about?. If that is okay by you, then you need your head seriously examined.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 12:56am On Nov 01, 2011
bhusayor:

You are sooooo misinformed and biased that 100years of enlightenment won't yield anything, *sighs*

You sound like a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th wife to an alfa. Something is not right with the way you defend these randy muslim men and I suspect you are one of the women who entered as a substitute wife and that's why you are passionately defending these men as a woman.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 01, 2011
I hope cougar understands better now with this insultive and malicious post of yours.

Why insult the poor woman if you are really out to seek muslim women's opinion?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 01, 2011
Rotfl oooo! Infact I'm the 10th wife to an afar, how does that affect your idle behind,

Its my life, my choice and my decision! Hehehehehe
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 1:01am On Nov 01, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Frosbel: « #166 on: Today at 07:05:43 PM »The rule of the game changes when you die. Enjoyment is heightened if you receive the Mercy of God. Punish will be heightened for those who are in difficulty of fire [the worst kind of life on earth is really paradise compared to the lives of the people in Hell].

Imagine what comfort and security were to a baby in mother's tummy until he comes out and see how vast, the collage of worldly beauty is; the sight and sound, whereas mother's tummy is just what it is; water world.

Paradise is better than earth, if the best of earth is made to take the basic quality of mother's tummy. You can see why the best is yet to come for Muslims.

More like enjoyment is heightened for only muslim men because they will each have access to 72 virgins while the muslim women who make heaven will be roasting because they lost their virginity on earth. Did Allah make plans on how non virgin muslim women in heaven will achieve 5exual ecstasy?.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Keemie(f): 1:02am On Nov 01, 2011
^ this is why I don't normally post a reply on NL. You asked for my opinion and I gave you an answer and all you could do is abuse me. I really thought my post would be free from abuse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Islamic Ruling On MMM / See What’s Inside The Holy Kaaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.