Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me (940 Views)

I Regret Being A Kind, Naive And Nice Guy / I Easily Lose Interest In Guys, Will I Regret This? / I Regret Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Ammmy: 4:28am On Nov 30, 2023
I'm about to start a petty trading that people who haven't seen the 4 walls of university or even secondary school do. When I was 16 and finished secondary school, I got a job and was seeing some small change. My parents told me to start preparing for jamb. I never had interest in going to University. I told them I'm not interested in going to school. That I want to just continue working and get married. They called me all sorts of names like mumu, dondy, goat etc. It's like I foresaw my future. It's been 13 years since I graduated and yet nothing to show for it. No graduate job no nothing. I see people at the bustop doing petty trading and making their money with ease but I can't join them. Even my marriage decision was affected because if you aren't a graduate, then u re not suitable for me. This has kept me in my father's house for years. The thought of being a graduate keeps holding me down. I would have been more richer and even married to a better man by now. What has school done for me? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by PoliteActivist: 4:35am On Nov 30, 2023
Take solace in the fact you are not alone. Many people face EXACTLY the same scenario - being a "graduate" ironically keeps them from doing things and narrows their horizon in all sorts of ways including marriage!

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Mhizzard(m): 5:55am On Nov 30, 2023
It is good to go to school cus the opportunity could comes at any fucking time.however,everyone's fate are of difference.
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by JASONjnr(m): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2023
If truly you went to school, you will understand that, the experience and manner of operating a business as a graduate will be different from the manner a non graduate will operate and improve in their businesses.

Doing a business should be based on your experience from people and what you've read and studied.

For instance. A young Igbo man learn how to sell drugs from a chemist and was settled and he went to school and graduated. He began to improved by selling wholesale to other chemists shops around the area. Within a space of time, he was able to achieve so many things. His boss who trained him gets drugs from him to retail...

University education should make you think better than people who's yet to experience the four walls of it.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by OlawaleBammie: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2023
Ammmy:
I'm about to start a petty trading that people who haven't seen the 4 walls of university or even secondary school do. When I was 16 and finished secondary school, I got a job and was seeing some small change. My parents told me to start preparing for jamb. I never had interest in going to University. I told them I'm not interested in going to school. That I want to just continue working and get married. They called me all sorts of names like mumu, dondy, goat etc. It's like I foresaw my future. It's been 13 years since I graduated and yet nothing to show for it. No graduate job no nothing. I see people at the bustop doing petty trading and making their money with ease but I can't join them. Even my marriage decision was affected because if you aren't a graduate, then u re not suitable for me. This has kept me in my father's house for years. The thought of being a graduate keeps holding me down. I would have been more richer and even married to a better man by now. What has school done for me? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!
maami...concerning the issue of marriage, hope u re not too rigid to men(even the graduates) cus I believe graduates must have also applied to be ur companion

1 Like

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Hemeshemeheru(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2023
Ammmy:
I'm about to start a petty trading that people who haven't seen the 4 walls of university or even secondary school do. When I was 16 and finished secondary school, I got a job and was seeing some . I would have been more richer and even married to a better man by now. What has school done for me? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

I truly understand your feelings on this. Don't you think this is spiritual problem?

Why don't you humble - pray and ask God for help?
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Ballzproblem2: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2023
Hemeshemeheru:

I truly understand your feelings on this. Don't you think this is spiritual problem?

Why don't you humble - pray and ask God for help?
everything no be spiritual problem

1 Like

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Gboom: 9:23am On Nov 30, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
maami...concerning the issue of marriage, hope u re not too rigid to men(even the graduates) cus I believe graduates must have also applied to be ur companion
If you really have passion for trading as you said, your going to school would not have stopped it. I know few people while we were in school that have a lot of side hustles like barbing, hairdressing, tailoring, trading etc. to sustain themselves. I even know a guy that read statistics and he was operating a film editing studio. After few years of graduation that I was still struggling, he has already established himself.
However, if you still believe that it is what you want, it is not too late to start little. As per marital issue, deal with your mindset and packaged yourself very well

1 Like

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by OlawaleBammie: 9:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Gboom:

If you really have passion for trading as you said, your going to school would not have stopped it. I know few people while we were in school that have a lot of side hustles like barbing, hairdressing, tailoring, trading etc. to sustain themselves. I even know a guy that read statistics and he was operating a film editing studio. After few years of graduation that I was still struggling, he has already established himself.
However, if you still believe that it is what you want, it is not too late to start little. As per marital issue, deal with your mindset and packaged yourself very well
Ammmy....this message is for you...
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:38am On Nov 30, 2023
If dem gather de money wer dem spend for our University education give us to start business dat time b4 we reach 23-24 we for even build house and start university as big boys. When i was in secondary schl i was always the best science student in all my classes and the funny thing is that all my classmates saw me as the one that had the brightest future. I finished secondary school nd my dad said he`ll enroll me in a computer training institution but ended up telling me to read for jamb. I had admission in my first jamb and started university as a teenager with no experience of any sort nd it affected me throughout my yrs in schl. After sec. schl some of my classmates that weren`t sound academically went to acquire a skill and now all of them have their own houses while me who they all looked up to is staying in a rented self con. So, parent should stop deceiving their children that university education open doors whereas the real door openner is skills/trade.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Ammmy: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
If dem gather de money wer dem spend for our University education give us to start business dat time b4 we reach 23-24 we for even build house and start university as big boys. When i was in secondary schl i was always the best science student in all my classes and the funny thing is that all my classmates saw me as the one that had the brightest future. I finished secondary school nd my dad said he`ll enroll me in a computer training institution but ended up telling me to read for jamb. I had admission in my first jamb and started university as a teenager with no experience of any sort nd it affected me throughout my yrs in schl. After sec. schl some of my classmates that weren`t sound academically went to acquire a skill and now all of them have their own houses while me who they all looked up to is staying in a rented self con. So, parent should stop deceiving their children that university education open doors whereas the real door openner is skills/trade.
you're very correct. My brain was very hot in secondary school then. I was very brilliant. I must confess that the university I attended ended up dulling my brain because when I finished, I was no longer sharp as I used to be
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:26am On Nov 30, 2023
Ammmy:
you're very correct. My brain was very hot in secondary school then. I was very brilliant. I must confess that the university I attended ended up dulling my brain because when I finished, I was no longer sharp as I used to be

That`s what most parents don`t knw and it`s funny how some Nigerian youths keep deceiving themselves that they`ll one day have a big opportunity by virtue of being graduates and if u ask them what value they can create aside frm being educated they don`t knw whereas the pple they see as illiterates keep getting contracts upon contracts because of value creation. All my children must have vocational skills after secondary schl b4 even thinking of futhering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Tb19(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2023
13 years!!!!!?, You bleeped up, the only thing that kept you in this position was your moral code which you should have ditched a year after service and nothing was coming forth.

Skills also is saturated, so what are you all saying, by the time we keep learning the same skills when won't charms to get jobs, customes start manifesting.

The problem is you all still classify this colony you live in as a country, forget your morals and do what you have to do.

If you perish while doing it, then so be it and if you don't, so be it also.

And the earlier you understand that you don't have a government in your colony, the better for you, japa if you can

1 Like

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Hemeshemeheru(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
everything no be spiritual problem

I understand. She also has pride. Rejecting men because she feels she can't marry non graduate.

Most Nigeria ladies learn their lesson too late.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marry A Single Mothers Is Like Buying Fairly Used Car / Put An End To The Lies! / Searching 4 A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.