Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? (1636 Views)

Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US / The Traitors Of Christianity / Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2023
TenQ:

Remove the comma and read what the Greek says: why did you swap today with I say?

So the comma was added by translators it simply means the reader need to use his God's given power of reasoning to get the sense of what Jesus said there.

God's word never promised the evil everlasting life but the good {Psalms 37:9-11, 29} so the thief is not qualified for everlasting life but because he acknowledged Jesus as King that's why Jesus gave him that promise that he (Jesus) will see to it that this man wakes up with other UNRIGHTEOUS ones during resurrection in Paradise there Jesus will see to it that the man learn from Christians how to become a righteous person not that a thief who was never baptized nor anointed with God's Holy Spirit will go to heaven! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So the comma was added by translocators it simply means the reader need to use his God's given power of reasoning to get the sense of what Jesus said there.

God's word never promised the evil everlasting life but the good {Psalms 37:9-11, 29} so the thief is not qualified for everlasting life but because he acknowledged Jesus as King that's why Jesus gave him that promise that he (Jesus) will see to it that this man wakes up with other UNRIGHTEOUS ones during resurrection in Paradise there Jesus will see to it that the man learn from Christians how to become a righteous person not that a thief who was never baptized nor anointed with God's Holy Spirit will go to heaven! smiley
I am not speaking about the comma. Check the Greek and tell me what it says not what you want it to say.

Again, why did you swap "today" with "I say"?

Again, find attached the Greek.
This is what mistranslation of the scripture causes you. Read what the Greek says!

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Explore2xmore: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
FxMasterz:

The Lord Jesus was speaking in prophetic language there. The clarification of that statement is found in Luke 1:17.

Prophetically, there are two events associated with Elijah. Both events were mentioned in the book of Malachi 4:5-6:

"5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

The real Elijah would accomplish verse 5 as prophesied in the book of Revelation. In the book of Revelation, Elijah was not seen "turning the hearts of the children to their fathers." He was busy commanding fire and prophesying. He was shutting the heavens. He
and Moses appeared on the scene suddenly prophesying and doing mighty and dreadful deeds. They didn't have time to turn the hearts of the children to the fathers.

John accomplished verse 6 as the "voice of one crying in the wilderness, make straight the path of the Lord." He performed this task in the spirit of Elijah. Under the same anointing that Elijah carried So, he is spiritually called Elijah. Someone in the spiritual mantle of Elijah (John the Baptist) is prophetically called Elijah but he is not physically Elijah. The real Elijah comes at the close of the age.

For example, let's look at a similar prophetic language about Jerusalem.

Revelation 11:8:
"[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified."

You can see that the city referred to here is clearly Jerusalem. It was spiritually called Sodom and Egypt. That does not make Jerusalem Sodom or Egypt. It's a prophetic language. This prophecy is already fulfilled in our own days. Sodomy means Gayism - Homosexuality. LGBTQ things. These are things for which Israel is known today. John accurately named Israel Sodom spiritually. That does not make Israel Sodom geographically or otherwise. Egypt means a departure from the true God. A breaking of the divine covenant. This is already clear. Those guys who call themselves Israelites today don't know God. Today's Israel is spiritually Sodom and Egypt.Israel is not Egypt geographically or other wise. The same way John was spiritually Elijah but not physically Elijah.

As Jerusalem is not physically Sodom, so also John is not physically Elijah. The spirit of Sodom is upon Jerusalem just as the spirit of Elijah was upon John. However, they are two distinct individuals.

What really is the great and dreadful day?
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by FxMasterz: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2023
Explore2xmore:

What really is the great and dreadful day?

Judgement day.
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
Explore2xmore:
■ What really is the great and dreadful day?
Judgement day(technically not one day) of the Old Law of Moses — Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 through to the last verse— which took place about 1900 years ago. undecided
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2023
TenQ:

I am not speaking about the comma. Check the Greek and tell me what it says not what you want it to say.
Again, why did you swap "today" with "I say"?
Again, find attached the Greek.
This is what mistranslation of the scripture causes you. Read what the Greek says!

Guy at death Jesus was completely lifeless just like all other dead humans {Ecclesiastes 9:5-6} until God raised him from the dead {Act 3:15} so there was no way he could go anywhere on that day he died! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Guy at death Jesus was completely lifeless just like all other dead humans {Ecclesiastes 9:5-6} until God raised him from the dead {Act 3:15} so there was no way he could go anywhere on that day he died! smiley
Speak to exactly what the Greek said as I did not ask you to preach
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2023
TenQ:

Speak to exactly what the Greek said as I did not ask you to preach

So now you know i can substantiate why the rendering that say:

"I promise you today, you will be with me in Paradise"

Is more accurate shey?

Points that nullified your argument:

*Jesus died that day.
*At death no activity.
*The man is not a Christian nor Born Again.
*Paradise is to be established on earth.

I know you will not agree but the points are sufficient enough for anyone searching for the truth so you can continue hiding under Greek words! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 6:34am On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Is more accurate shey?

*Jesus died that day.
*At death no activity.

I know you will not agree but the points are sufficient enough for anyone searching for the truth so you can continue hiding under Greek words! smiley

2Cor 12:4:
"How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter."

Stop re-interpreting the Bible according to your flawed doctrines
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2023
TenQ:

"How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter."

So the word

who was caught away into paradise and heard words that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say

The quotation doesn't say Paradise will be in heaven so back to the question:

Was the criminal a BORN AGAIN Christian? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Dayorrrr: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So the word

who was caught away into paradise and heard words that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say

brother please can you assist me with anything even 1k I will appreciate me and my kid haven't eaten any real food since yesterday may you never lack
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Dayorrrr: 7:14am On Dec 04, 2023
Templee333:
just a reminder: "and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" - john 11:26.
brother please can you assist me with anything even 1k I will appreciate me and my kid haven't eaten any real food since yesterday may you never lack
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:15am On Dec 04, 2023
Dayorrrr:

Speak to your brothers in faith around you we don't encourage begging in my faith! Psalms 23:1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Dayorrrr: 7:36am On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Speak to your brothers in faith around you we don't encourage begging in my faith! Psalms 23:1
it's hard to see people that help
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by cornelboy(f): 7:43am On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Is more accurate shey?

*Jesus died that day.
*At death no activity.

Another fact is that Jesus spent another 43 days on earth. 3 days in the grave and 40 days with his disciples after resurrection.
So which paradise was he talking about if the comma is before today?
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Dayorrrr:
it's hard to see people that help

You're not one of my brothers because my own brothers can walk up to our brothers in any part of the earth for help without begging strangers that's what being one of Jehovah's Witnesses means!
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2023
cornelboy:

Another fact is that Jesus spent another 43 days on earth. 3 days in the grave and 40 days with his disciples after resurrection.
So which paradise was he talking about if the comma is before today?

They don't believe what God told Adam in the beginning:

"But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die." Genesis 2:17

What they believe is Satan's word:

“You certainly will not die" Genesis 3:4

So even though they read that Jesus and the thief died they want to say they're not really dead but something survived them after death and that thing is what travels to (God knows where) cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So the word

He was caught UP and not DOWN into paradise.

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2023
TenQ:

He was caught UP and not DOWN into paradise.

Caught AWAY says my own version that's in harmony with other scriptures! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:
...All the people I've listed above died twice, but Paul said "for it is appointed unto man to die once, hence judgement".

Therefore Paul was either saying something different or he was plainly ignorant.

If you indeed knew English and can read, you would have seen he said "appointed".

Meaning it is Set.

And it is already proven by the billions of people who have died that it is Set for people to die once.

And the fact that the examples you gave are the few exceptions to the billions who have died where Paul was speaking from, already proves how unreasonable and insane your analysis is.
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Caught AWAY says my own version that's in harmony with other scriptures! wink
To where is the question!
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2023
TenQ:

To where is the question!
To Hell/Hades/Sheol/Grave where they will later be resurrected in Paradise! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

To Hell/Hades/Sheol/Grave where they will later be resurrected in Paradise! smiley
Paul went to hell and he didn't die!?
How?
He went underground?
I am learning a new thing from you o.
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2023
TenQ:

Paul went to hell and he didn't die!?
How?
He went underground?
I am learning a new thing from you o.

You must learn each day you discuss with us so it's left to you whether you will continue in your assumptions of who is your fellow believers or know for certainty what your fellow believers supposed to believe in!

Hell simply means Grave (a place of inactivity) so if anyone says he or she went to hell it means the person was in a state of inactivity or unable to do the things he or she loves doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Explore2xmore: 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2023
FxMasterz:

Judgement day.

Perharps we should look again.

The judgment that is spoken of in Malachi primarily refers to the judgment on earth. Malachi warns of consequences for the people's actions and urges them to repent and return to God. The judgment that is described in the book is not necessarily a final judgment day, but rather a judgment that will have immediate repercussions on the people's lives and their relationship with God.

The judgment that is spoken of in Malachi primarily refers to the judgment on earth. Malachi warns of consequences for the people's actions and urges them to repent and return to God. The judgment that is described in the book is not necessarily a final judgment day, but rather a judgment that will have immediate repercussions on the people's lives and their relationship with God.

Malachi 3:2-3 describes the coming of the Lord as a refiner's fire, purifying the people and purging them of impurity. This imagery of purification and refinement suggests a judgment that is aimed at correcting and purifying the people, rather than condemning them to eternal damnation.
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You must learn each day you discuss with us so it's left to you whether you will continue in your assumptions of who is your fellow believers or know for certainty what your fellow believers supposed to believe in!

Hell simply means Grave (a place of inactivity) so if anyone says he or she went to hell it means the person was in a state of inactivity or unable to do the things he or she loves doing.
And the one who says that paradise (Hell/Grave) is a place of inactivity forgot that
2Cor 12:4
4 and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter.

If it is a place of inactivity, explain!
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
TenQ:

And the one who says that paradise (Hell/Grave) is a place of inactivity forgot that

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. KJV

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom. ‭‭NIV‬‬

Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going. NWT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by FxMasterz: 12:48am On Dec 05, 2023
Explore2xmore:

Perharps we should look again.

Malachi 3:2-3 describes the coming of the Lord as a refiner's fire, purifying the people and purging them of impurity. This imagery of purification and refinement suggests a judgment that is aimed at correcting and purifying the people, rather than condemning them to eternal damnation.

The judgment prophesied in Malachi 3 is for Israel. The dreadful day prophesied in Malachi 4 is for the world.
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by Explore2xmore: 4:14am On Dec 05, 2023
FxMasterz:

The judgment prophesied in Malachi 3 is for Israel. The dreadful day prophesied in Malachi 4 is for the world.

If we look at the language here like that in Isaiah 48:10 states, "I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction." This language suggests that the purpose of the refining fire is to purify and renew, not to condemn and destroy.

The book of Malachi is primarily concerned with addressing the corrupt practices of the Israelites and calling them to repentance. The dreadful day is presented as a consequence of their actions, but it is also portrayed as a potential turning point for the people.
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 4:43am On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. KJV

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom. ‭‭NIV‬‬

Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going. NWT

Address the scripture below
Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:56am On Dec 05, 2023
TenQ:

Address the scripture below

Since God's inspired word has told you that the dead can't think, say or do anything then what you're quoting now means you need to understand it from another context not that a dead man was hearing something in his dead condition!

The thief has heard words that no human can utter which is the assurance Jesus gave him about Paradise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? by TenQ: 6:36am On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Since God's inspired word has told you that the dead can't think, say or do anything then what you're quoting now means you need to understand it from another context not that a dead man was hearing something in his dead condition!

The thief has heard words that no human can utter which is the assurance Jesus gave him about Paradise.
Explain how he heard things in your so called grave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Skeleton Church / First Fruits Offering / Why I Am an Islamophobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.