Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? (7888 Views)

Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? / Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by TheGift: 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2023
BananaPeel:

Tithing is a commandment and others such as offering,giving to less privileged etc. is a proof of your love for God. Only tithe has a formula and that's the reason a lot of people talk it down.

I know that this thing you are saying is not based on personal study but what your pastors have said.

It has a formula that was under the Law. Believers in Christ are not
Under the law. And if we claim be following the formula, then why are we not
Paying tithe as God clearly laid out in Deuteronomy 14 and 28?

As believers in Christ , we are not our own, that is to say that even what we have is not our own but we are stewards to use as pleasing into the Lord. Now if I decide that 100% of my
Money is available as God wills for me to use, will you still come
And ask me for a tithe ( 10%)? From where.?

Tithe is based on the Law, and any one that I still under the Law is under bondage, for by the Law shall no Man be justified.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by stasius: 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2023
seunayantokun:

Fervent charity means fervent love towards God and your fellow humans. Read 1Corinthians 13 to further see that charity is used to mean God's on kind of love. In the context of the verse you quoted, the Bible is addressing what relationship among fellow Christians should be: in such situation, real love doesn't look for others' wrongdoings and seek to so deal with them, but is ready to show understanding and forgive. That kind of love is also given to generousity. Understand?

Okay. I understand
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Sambab(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2023
Yes,,, The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ had replaced payment for human kind sin, that's why you have to give your life to Jesus Christ, so that you won't be perished with sinners in hell fire.

money121:
Thought prophet isa (as) have paid for your Sin?
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Mayeldah(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2023
Even if you are righteous, paying tithe is not a ticket to heaven

What indices do you or your pastor have to show that tithe payers are doing better than those who don't?

Give to God out of free will but don't let anyone decide what percentage you should pay, we are not under the Law!
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by BamakSNR(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
Tithing is not compulsory
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by blackboy2star(m): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2023
Your tithe has nothing to do with heaven. Tithe not ticket to heaven. You can only use it to ask God for something.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by MirrorofChrist: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2023
Yea, God is not bribed, God didn't know you let alone your tithe
God can behold you with your sin. Unless if such leave this world without a sin. But dying a sinner can't see God. Then such would have gone to another place outside heaven. Our offerings worth nothing without obedience to His word. And partial obedience is a total disobedience to Him.
Mayeldah:
Even if you are righteous, paying tithe is not a ticket to heaven

What indices do you or your pastor have to show that tithe payers are doing better than those who don't?

Give to God out of free will but don't let anyone decide what percentage you should pay, we are not under the Law!

ednut1:
You wan bribe God
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by one4GOD(f): 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven?

If we go by the teachings of Jesus, he certainly won't make heaven.

Jesus said "unless you repent, you shall likewise perish!" Luke 13:13.

He also said no sinner shall make it into heaven. Matthew 13:41.

So do not deceived by those church leaders who preach tithing above the most important things in the law, such as, repentance of sins, that have made many sinners in the church think that it is more important to pay tithes than to turn away from their sinful ways.

They are blind leaders of the blind just as the Pharisees in the days of Jesus who did the same thing, but Jesus called them the "children of hell" regardless of their paying of tithes because inwardly they were full of iniquity. Matthew 13:15,28

So although paying of tithes is a good thing, if you don't repent of your sins, it cannot save you from hell!

You need to repent of your sins!

God bless.
tithe paying starts and ends on earth. The paying of your tithe only benefits you not God, it's a blessing you reap when you obey it has nothing to do with going to heaven or hell. Its just like smoking. Smoking will neither make you go to heaven nor hell, smoking only earns the smoker ill health and all that's associated with it. So if you pay ur tithes you reap the blessings of a tither or the poverty of a non-tither that's all. Tithing is not religious it is a principle, an ordinance.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by TrumpDonald2: 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2023
Padipadi:

Firstly, not paying tithe by those able to pay tithe is a sin. As in non tithing is an example of sin like stealing, philandering etc.

Secondly, sin & tithing ate different things.
Sin is doing what's wrong to God while tithe is paying an obligation to God.

Thirdly, sinners who died in sin won't make heaven if they pay tithes.

Fourthly, a person that wasn't sinning before but stopped paying tithe ll not go to heaven.

Lastly, na God dey in charge of list of
who go enter heaven. But common sense taught us to do what's right. If it's commanded and appreciated to tithe in old times and no law has forbad it, then we should tithe as much as we can. Shun sin, that one na general assignment! Moreso it's not all pracrices done in present times that are in the bible. Eg: Marrying more than one wife or divorce, anyways that's debate for another day.
Peace!

Pls and pls don't come here to type what you know nothing about. Can you post a bible verse to support that claim?
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Padipadi(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

Pls and pls don't come here to type what you know nothing about. Can you post a bible verse to support that claim?
I quote it again. Do ya worst!
Christian lives aren't by biblical doctrines alone.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by kwasoly(m): 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

So do not deceived by those church leaders who preach tithing above the most important things in the law, such as, repentance of sins, that have made many sinners in the church think that it is more important to pay tithes than to turn away from their sinful ways.

They are blind leaders of the blind just as the Pharisees in the days of Jesus who did the same thing, but Jesus called them the "children of hell" regardless of their paying of tithes because inwardly they were full of iniquity. Matthew 13:15,28

So although paying of tithes is a good thing, if you don't repent of your sins, it cannot save you from hell!

God bless.

You know the answer still come dey ask?
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2023
BananaPeel:

To start with,how many times does your church preach about tithing?

No church leader, I've not seen one, that preach about tithing than other important things. Tithing is a commandment and a true Christian will never argue about it. Paying tithe is never a qualification to go to heaven.
It's either you're lying/being hypocritical or just a new member who started attending church/listening to messages of church leaders recently, because it's impossible for you to have been a church goer or follower of church leaders for long and yet haven't seen anyone who preaches tithing above the most important things of the law as the Pharisees did during Jesus' day.

Even when I was still a child and had little or no idea of what tithing means, I used to hear some church elders crack jokes about a former pastor of the church my family used to attend who couldn't resist the temptation of preaching Malachi 3 every blessed Sunday. They used to call him pastor/Mr Malachi.

That was over a decade ago not even now when it has assumed an unprecedented dimension in Nigeria's history to the extent of church leaders threatening their members with death because of tithes.

So stop the hypocrisy or lies except you're sincerely ignorant of what you're saying.

By the way, I'm not against tithing but the overemphasis of it just as was condemned by Jesus of the Pharisees. If you have a problem with that, then you're against Christ Himself not me who's only following His example.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by TrumpDonald2: 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2023
Padipadi:
I quote it again. Do ya worst! Christian lives aren't by biblical doctrines alone.
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Padipadi(m): 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

Keep deceiving yourself.
You're the serpent deceiving people
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by OLULAW: 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2023
"Salvation by grace not good works, lest anyone boasts", says the old book.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by OLULAW: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2023
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mahatma Gandhi. I don't particularly like Gandhi, but his comment describes most Christians I've encountered. Christians in particular and adherents of other religions in general, make me detest religion.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by 609moradeun: 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Dey play...dem dey buy salvation? Tithe na just to show appreciation to God for a good harvest.Dey play...dem dey buy salvation? Tithe na just to show appreciation to God for a good harvest....
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by GodHimself: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2023
Heaven is a state of mind. It is not a place.

Suspend your disbelief and Imagine that this is the truth for just 5 minutes.

The truth will set you free.

jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Dec 04, 2023
pdppower:
What if he does immediately after he repents and promises never to sin again?
You mean he can seek first the Kingdom of God and God's righteousness all in a matter of minutes or days or weeks or months? undecided
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Dec 04, 2023
money121:
Thought prophet isa (as) have paid for your Sin?
Well, did Jesus Christ tell you that He paid for your sins? undecided
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:02am On Dec 04, 2023
Padipadi:
■ Firstly, not paying tithe by those able to pay tithe is a sin. As in non tithing is an example of sin like stealing, philandering etc.
Secondly, sin & tithing ate different things. Sin is doing what's wrong to God while tithe is paying an obligation to God.
See Contradictions abeg... lipsrsealed
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by koolaid87: 1:18am On Dec 04, 2023
To make heaven, have faith in jesus and keep the law

Nowhere was tithes a necessity to make heaven in the bible

Tithe was an exceptional law to the Israelites to pay the levites who had no possession.

Using it to scam church members is nothing but a scam
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:23am On Dec 04, 2023
koolaid87:
To make heaven, have faith in jesus and keep the law Nowhere was tithes a necessity to make heaven in the bible Tithe was an exceptional law to the Israelites to pay the levites who had no possession. Using it to scam church members is nothing but a scam
Which Law? I hope you are not in some way referring to the Law of Moses? undecided
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by koolaid87: 5:16am On Dec 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which Law? I hope you are not in some way referring to the Law of Moses? undecided

Where was it stated that the law had been done away with?

Christ said do not think that I have come to abolish the law Matt 5 17
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 5:24am On Dec 04, 2023
koolaid87:
■ Where was it stated that the law had been done away with?
■ Christ said do not think that I have come to abolish the law Matt 5 17
I never the Law of Moses was done away with. I simply hoped you were not in fact referring to the Law of Moses, a Law that God made only with those descended from Abraham AND Isaac AND Jacob IN the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

2. Indeed, Jesus Christ did not abolish the Law, neither did Jesus Christ change the terms regarding those who were bound by the Law and to what Nation the Law applied. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ announced that all those born under that Law were scheduled to be condemned by it in that same generation (we are talking about 1900 years ago) meaning God cursed all descendants of Israel back then. So, are you telling us you live by the Law of Moses today? undecided
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by koolaid87: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I never the Law of Moses was done away with. I simply hoped you were not in fact referring to the Law of Moses, a Law that God made only with those descended from Abraham AND Isaac AND Jacob IN the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

2. Indeed, Jesus Christ did not abolish the Law, neither did Jesus Christ change the terms regarding those who were bound by the Law and to what Nation the Law applied. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ announced that all those born under that Law were scheduled to be condemned by it in that same generation (we are talking about 1900 years ago) meaning God cursed all descendants of Israel back then. So, are you telling us you live by the Law of Moses today? undecided

I dont live by the laws of Moses. I wish I could though. I just don't subscribe to people's notion that the law had been done away with. Its either you keep it or you don't but no need for any preacher to propagate an idea that the law is old school or old covenant. Infact, it says in the bible that "if you love me, keep my commandments" . That's how one can prove his love for God...not by tithe, not by offering.
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by AntiChristian: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2023
Kukutenla:

How far terrorist
Zakat don help you?

Zakat is for the downtrodden and poor!
So no be tithe, Zionist Christian baby killers!
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by waldigit: 11:35am On Dec 04, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
I have seen unrepentant sinners yet taking tithing very seriously, so i felt the need to address this misplaced priority which could lead them to hell.

Jesus said, what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?

So no amount of worldly gains from tithe-paying can ever be worth the loss of a man's soul if he doesn't repent of his sins.

God bless.
Matthew 23:23, 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

1 Like

Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2023
waldigit:

Matthew 23:23, 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Banhammy717: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2023
No sinner will go to paradise.
If you like, build church, so far you die a sinner........hell fire straight
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by ireasontight: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Righthussle:
Let me tell you exactly what will happen to you after death. After you die, you will be buried and your body will decompose but when angel Gabriel will blow the golden trumpet which will happen SOON, you'll magically resurrect like a zombie and go for judgement. Your god will hold a 100 billion leaves book where names of people are written according to their country in alphabetical order. And you will be judged according to your deeds while alive. A very large LG television will be placed in front of you to see all your sinful actions. Don't ask how the LG will be powered, the sun will power it. And your god after watching all your sinful acts of this world will ask you in English language, "Why did you commit all these sins?" And he will ask for your tithe and offering records submitted to him by your daddy GOs to check how much you have given to the kingdom if the money is much Then your god will forgive all your sins except for the ones you committed against the holy ghost the fire guy.

Abi Christians, no be so e go happen? Una too like story.

Then those wey go enter heaven, Angel Michael go carry them show them their individual duplexes wey Dem don roof with POP. Chai
Re: Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
koolaid87:
I dont live by the laws of Moses. I wish I could though. I just don't subscribe to people's notion that the law had been done away with. Its either you keep it or you don't but no need for any preacher to propagate an idea that the law is old school or old covenant. Infact, it says in the bible that "if you love me, keep my commandments" . That's how one can prove his love for God...not by tithe, not by offering.
Jesus Christ is the one who said if you love me you will keep my commandments. So, do you keep all of the commandments(Law) of Jesus Christ then instead of the Law or Moses? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheists Debate Religionists * / . / Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.