Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (31185 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Woman Spotted Eating Amala On A Train In The UK / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
While BL may have certain rationale I think this guy is irretrievably anchored to his perceptions, THERE IS SO MUCH VARIETY AND DIVERSITY IN BLACK LIFE & LIFESTYLES THAN FOR YOU TO GENERALIZE BASED ON YOUR EXPERIENCE OR EVEN RESEARCH!!!!!! I HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT ANY LOUDER THAN THIS!!!!!!!

I didnt say there was not. However it can be seen that in every African grocery store I have gone into here there is bleaching creme being sold. All of these stores are west african, i cant say the exact country because the stores just say African. On the other hand, I have gone into the Ethiopian grocery stores, and there is no bleaching cream. Which people would you assume were the prouder of the two? The west africans and their bleaching creme, or the east africans without?

I never said there was no diversity. I never said there were not different lifestyles, but its funny you say im generalizing when I can go on youtube and see documentaries made by west africans in europe and west africa about how popular it is to not like yourself. Im generalizing when I see African women wearing wigs with white women's hair that make otherwise beautiful women look retarded.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
@Poster

There are alot of Nigerian girls that are natural.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RusticBeauty#p/u/30/pZQWnIeO8zk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du8Gw6tSUFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPKqswtl2s&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d053qHchQyM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXW0eoK3aao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GshO0dYysHY
Go to hairlista.com, you'll find alot of Nigerian and other African members that are natural. Natural hair journey is not rare occurrence among Africans.

I hope so! My dear what I dont understand is how Nigerian women were leading the way in naturality back in the 70's and 80's then they got a lil money in their pockets and wanted to imitate the the AA's in the US with their inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by DaRapture: 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
BlackLibya:

I hope so! My dear what I dont understand is how Nigerian women were leading the way in naturality back in the 70's and 80's then they got a lil money in their pockets and wanted to imitate the the AA's in the US with their inferiority complex.

Because that's the natural order of things, we AA lead and you other blacks follow. We are the chosen Negros. grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by emofine(f): 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
DaRapture:

Because that's the natural order of things, we AA lead and you other blacks follow. We are the chosen Negros.  grin

LOL grin

BlackLibya, you have started again with another bout of your generalizations I see.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
BlackLibya:

What a load of crap, I swear these fake "Afro centrists" deserve a page in a psychology book  grin
As much as Black women have gone through they deserve the right to do whatever they so please to their hair!?
No one was leading no one because women were straightening their hair, wearing wigs, and wearing their hair in Africa as well during the 60's and 70's, for someone who prides himself on his knowledge of Africa and Nigeria in particular, you are pretty clueless about it to think all African women in the 60's were wearing fros and braids. They had access to media, the latest trends, and the like.

So get off your undeserved high horse. tongue

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzUwLXllYXJzLW9mLWZhc2hpb24zLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 11:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
BlackLibya:

I didnt say there was not. However it can be seen that in every African grocery store I have gone into here there is bleaching creme being sold. All of these stores are west african, i cant say the exact country because the stores just say African. On the other hand, I have gone into the Ethiopian grocery stores, and there is no bleaching cream. Which people would you assume were the prouder of the two? The west africans and their bleaching creme, or the east africans without?

I never said there was no diversity. I never said there were not different lifestyles, but its funny you say im generalizing when I can go on youtube and see documentaries made by west africans in europe and west africa about how popular it is to not like yourself. Im generalizing when I see African women wearing wigs with white women's hair that make otherwise beautiful women look slow.

Even though it has been commented by other Africans and Ethiopians themselves that colorism and dislike of certain features "wider nose, kinkier hair, etc" is a problem in Ethiopia and is held against other Ethiopians with these features?

But they are definitely prouder lmao man this guy is clueless,

I guess Asians are not proud because they have been on the "light is right craze" longer than most with the invention of the umbrella being born out of this mindset.  cool
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by emofine(f): 12:23am On Nov 15, 2011
Crayola1:

Even though it has been commented by other Africans and Ethiopians themselves that colorism and dislike of certain features "wider nose, kinkier hair, etc" is a problem in Ethiopia and is held against other Ethiopians with these features?

But they are definitely prouder lmao man this guy is clueless,

I guess Asians are not proud because they have been on the "light is right craze" longer than most with the invention of the umbrella being born out of this mindset.  cool

Please tell him o. They are "proud" not to look and be associated with his type.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 2:16am On Nov 15, 2011
I'm not expecting a sensible response from the guy though, after saying that Amharic is spreading all over East Africa when its been confined to just Ethiopia and Eritrea as it has been for over a century, I knew he had no idea what he is talking about. grin

I don't know what his fixation with comparing Ethiopians and West Africans (Nigeria) though?

And the natural thing with Blacks in America had nothing to do with Ethiopians undecided Much of it is due to the legacies of the Civil Rights movement and a gradual acceptance in media of different hairstyles for women.

In Jet/Ebony you would've been hard pressed to find natural hairstyles or tips for natural hair decades ago but times have changed and acceptance of natural hair in the Black community is slowly gaining momentum smiley

I think you have a fetish for Ethiopians, I'm sure if you look hard enough they have a Nairaland equivalent kiss
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2011
LOL Grin

BlackLibya, you have started again with another bout of your generalizations I see.

I guess you didnt notice that I didnt make that quote huh? That's another AA in the forum.

I have actually said that myself in these forums. You dont pay attention do you? The point is when I watch the Ethiopian channel I see a majority of brown and dark brown people. Yet when I go in the stores I dont see bleaching creme, so even with the discrimination in their own country I dont see the bleaching cremes in the stores.

If it helps you though, I dont see Kenyans, Tanzanians, and Ugandans bleaching either.

I guess Asians are not proud because they have been on the "light is right craze" longer than most with the invention of the umbrella being born out of this mindset. Cool

You are right, but this isnt called Asialand is it? The Phillipines had more "negritos" than any other island in the world. They were the majority there, today in Phillipines "white is right."

No one was leading no one because women were straightening their hair, wearing wigs, and wearing their hair in Africa as well during the 60's and 70's,

Oops too bad that's not what was being portrayed in the MEDIA at the time. Whenever I look up the most famous African singers of the time, all I see is natural hair, and the most famous bands had dancers with natural hair, so if it was going on its a good thing nobody saw fit to make that the main image coming out of Africa.

I'm not expecting a sensible response from the guy though, after saying that Amharic is spreading all over East Africa when its been confined to just Ethiopia and Eritrea as it has been for over a century, I knew he had no idea what he is talking about

I actually didnt say that either. What I said is that Amharic was threatening eastern languages. I think you forget Ethiopia has more languages than Kenya, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, and Eritrea(and no that's not combined). The languages in Ethiopia are under threat from Amharic and English. I think that makes up a sizeable number of eastern languages to make the statement valid dont you?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2011
Please tell him o. They are "proud" not to look and be associated with his type.

Once again this is quite to the contrary, I have met several Ethiopians that associated themselves with me. BTW, Ethiopians are not the only people in East Africa did you know? East African people in general are proud, that is why on the whole East African countries and South African countries make up almost all of the countries in Africa with their indigenous languages as official languages.

The same cannot be said for West, Central, and most of North Africa except Morocco.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2011
BlackLibya:

I guess you didnt notice that I didnt make that quote huh? That's another AA in the forum.

I have actually said that myself in these forums. You dont pay attention do you? The point is when I watch the Ethiopian channel I see a majority of brown and dark brown people. Yet when I go in the stores I dont see bleaching creme, so even with the discrimination in their own country I dont see the bleaching cremes in the stores.

If it helps you though, I dont see Kenyans, Tanzanians, and Ugandans bleaching either.

You are right, but this isnt called Asialand is it? The Phillipines had more "negritos" than any other island in the world. They were the majority there, today in Phillipines "white is right."

Oops too bad that's not what was being portrayed in the MEDIA at the time. Whenever I look up the most famous African singers of the time, all I see is natural hair, and the most famous bands had dancers with natural hair, so if it was going on its a good thing nobody saw fit to make that the main image coming out of Africa.

I actually didnt say that either. What I said is that Amharic was threatening eastern languages. I think you forget Ethiopia has more languages than Kenya, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, and Eritrea(and no that's not combined). The languages in Ethiopia are under threat from Amharic and English. I think that makes up a sizeable number of eastern languages to make the statement valid dont you?

So the fact that they discriminate is still not a problem its the creme that matters ? Wow undecided Because one is more wrong than the other lol.
Um that's not true either, unfortunately skin bleaching is catching on in many parts of Africa, North to South and East to West, but you would know that if you actually knew anything about Africa tongue

Nor is it Ethiopialand either yet you can't help to mention Ethiopia over and over again as though its the Gold Standard for whatever you are rambling on about.

Um yeah like I said women in Africa did a variety of things to their air just like Black women in the states and if we are talking about the 60's

[img]http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/Eric_B/AbbeyLincoln[/img]

Some women continued to straighten their hair others let it be natural. So the fact I showed a woman from the 60's in Nigeria with a perm/flat iron is negated because you allegedly claim the media was saying something else undecided

Name these musical acts in Africa, because many of these famous acts were male acts unless we are counting Fela's dancers?
The rest of your response made no sense so I have no idea how to fully respond to that part

This is what you said:
Eastern languages [/b]are under threat from [b]English and Amharic, of which Amharic is a better alternative than English.

Yes in Ethiopia that might be the case but Swahili has more speakers in East Africa, using your logic much of Africa's indigenous languages must be under thread because Nigeria has 521 of them, the most in one country in Africa. Amharic is only spoken in one nation officially while Swahili is the official language of one country and the lingua franca of several. That whole statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Define proud, because your official language is x? Or because you do x with your hair?

Obviously you are clueless because in Senegal, despite the official language being French you will not get far without knowing Wolof.
You are very superficial if you think that, wearing a weave makes you less African.
Or the fact that in a Nation like Nigeria where the languages are numerous in number, though that the best thing was to pick English for the sake of neutrality.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by emofine(f): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2011
BlackLibya:

I was laughing at post no.66 (DRapture's post) whilst I was simultaneously responding to post no.64 (your post).

I know how to multitask.

BlackLibya:

Once again this is quite to the contrary, I have met several Ethiopians that associated themselves with me. BTW, Ethiopians are not the only people in East Africa did you know? East African people in general are proud, that is why on the whole East African countries and South African countries make up almost all of the countries in Africa with their indigenous languages as official languages.

There you go again with your pathetic patronizing and your "I have" experiences that translates to the undeniable truth for you. I don't like going round in circles so I'm going to say this once more, if you choose not to listen yet again then that problem lays with you.

Furthermore I did not say Ethiopians are the only people in East Africa *rolls eyes* I was responding to a fellow poster above me so I made a relating comment.

You are naive and painfully ignorant. Whether recorded as official or not, West Africans adhere to their languages. Go to Senegal and they are more likely to communicate in Wolof rather than French, Northern Nigeria/Niger communicate mainly in Hausa, Western Nigeria, then it is Yoruba, Ghana Twi and so forth and so on. You see fit to still peddle your askew generalizations in the very midst of West Africans believing you know us very well (even more than us) even when corrected time and time again. So I have decided I won't bother wasting any more bytes on you. Just join an East African or Southern African forum and preach your nonsense there. . .hopefully they'll accept you because you sound lost looking for a black role model.

And by the way, is it only via languages that people express pride in themselves? what of traditional attire that us West Africans adorn? . . .still just because I haven't seen much East Africans put on traditional attire will not cause me to conclude and summarize that they are not proud people, you know why? because we are different and different people have different means of displaying Pride.

The same cannot be said for West, Central, and most of North Africa except Morocco.

You see how ignorant you are?

Majority of North Africans speak Arab (I'm surprised you've even introduced NA into the conversation), Central Africa i.e. Congo communicates frequently in Lingala - most of their songs is sang in Lingala.

You are not at all wise but foolishly you continue speaking and I fear if I carry on speaking to you I might lose my mind. Carry on talking and expressing your warped findings. There's no cure for willful ignorance.

P.S. Stop pitting one group of Africans against another in your crass contrasting and gross generalizations. You are a Non-African trying to sew seeds of discord amongst us.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2011
Hmmm hopefully you dont mean this?

[img]http://1.bp..com/_JF8UtJK3aog/SUxk9X2FD6I/AAAAAAAAI_Q/WMbfLL0n-uE/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

Which the Nigerian artist who created the image himself says that many Africans now claim this as traditional clothing but it is actually from Indonesia and came over during colonization.

There you go again with your pathetic patronizing and your "I have" experiences that translates to the undeniable truth for you. I don't like going round in circles so I'm going to say this once more, if you choose not to listen yet again then that problem lays with you.

You come into this thread simply because you prefer to disagree with everything I say rather than admit there is definitely some truth in the things I say. While DaRapture made a completely disparaging statement towards Africans, you choose to attack me and my statements.

So the fact that they discriminate is still not a problem its the creme that matters ? Wow Undecided Because one is more wrong than the other lol.
Um that's not true either, unfortunately skin bleaching is catching on in many parts of Africa, North to South and East to West, but you would know that if you actually knew anything about Africa Tongue

I think one thing you fail to notice about me is that im not in Africa? To me yes one is worst than the other, but more importantly, most West Africans do not have a large number of light skinned people in their country running around discriminating against them and calling them monkeys and slaves, YET they still bleach. These people who do, I do not see bleaching.

The opinions I express will be based on what I see and hear from africans in the diaspora. That is all I can go off of since I have never been in an African country! It would seem to me your anger should be with your compatriots for how they represent you abroad, and not with foreigners who learn about your cultures through them. If Ethiopians bleach in Ethiopia(and I have heard they do) I dont care, because in my country they dont bleach nor sell the cremes.

Nor is it Ethiopialand either yet you can't help to mention Ethiopia over and over again as though its the Gold Standard for whatever you are rambling on about.

I am pretty sure this topic got on Ethiopia because someone claimed that AA men are obsessed over Ethiopian women. Which derailed the entire thread. As I always say and will continue to say, I think all African women are beautiful however certain types on here only get mad when one says Ethiopians are beautiful, as if they should not too be included.

I made a statement about east African languages and Ethiopia and how eastern languages in Ethiopia are in danger because of Amharic. I do not understand why that deserves an education lesson on Swahili, I already know about Swahili.

As far as languages in West Africa go, if one wants to truly break the colonial yoke, one has to make ones languages the official language. It says nothing to a student in school when they look up Nigeria and see English as the official language. They will not know Hausa and Igbo and all these other languages exist in Nigeria just by looking at the official language. Official languages mean alot, that is why the Phillipines does not have Spanish as an official language because they hate the Spanish colonizers. It is the reason why people want English as the official language of the U.S, and the same reason why others dont.

BTW, you cannot assume that information I did not state, is information I do not know. I am aware that in Senegal no more than maybe 20-35% of the population speak French, however, as French is the official language, almost all govt documents in the country are in French, meaning that govt services are not readily accessible to most.

Majority of North Africa is not Arab, although many may identify as such. The native languages in North Africa are Berber languages and the languages of some other groups in the region, Arab is the colonizers language. Only Morocco recognizes Amazigh.

As far as Congo, I dont CARE that most of the songs are in Lingala. Again, do you think I have not listened to their music and I am just making comments out of my ass? How would I have known that they use mainly light skinned or bleached women in the vids, almost all with perms or weave? The point is french is the official language and lingala is not.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-803442.0.html

As much as you and crayola try to claim different, this young lady hits on exactly what im talking about here when it comes to west africans.

East Africans(the whole of east Africa) that I have met are all taught their native languages. It is an embarassment if they are approached and cannot speak it in my country.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by lakal(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2011
So Ethiopians don't use bleaching cream or perms? lmao.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by lakal(m): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2011
BlackLibya:

As much as you and crayola try to claim different, this young lady hits on exactly what im talking about here when it comes to west africans.

East Africans(the whole of east Africa) that I have met are all taught their native languages. It is an embarassment if they are approached and cannot speak it in my country.

Speaking at least for Kenya, there are many young Kenyans who don't speak their native language well, or even KiSwahili all that well, many young people speak what's known as "Sheng" (slang).
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by emofine(f): 12:03am On Nov 16, 2011
lakal:

Speaking at least for Kenya, there are many young Kenyans who don't speak their native language well, or even KiSwahili all that well, many young people speak what's known as "Sheng" (slang).

Abeg, no mind am. He's a lost cause trying to teach us his the way the truth and the light . . . mek hin enter Nigeria wit him sabi sabi self he go receive correct konk . . .let him discover the true meaning of Africa that day. Undersabi.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 12:22am On Nov 16, 2011

Abeg, no mind am. He's a lost cause trying to teach us his the way the truth and the light . . . mek hin enter Nigeria wit him sabi sabi self he go receive correct konk . . .let him discover the true meaning of Africa that day. Undersabi.

I know what sheng is. It is mostly spoken in Nairobi. I am aware of situations in some African countries where young people cannot speak any language fluently, although they are able to communicate to each other.

Also, I see u missed it when I said,

If Ethiopians bleach in Ethiopia(and I have heard they do) I dont care, because in my country they dont bleach nor sell the cremes.

But of course you wouldnt see statements like that, because all you saw was Ethiopia and you ran away with it.

Funny thing is that I have met many a Nigerian that tells me that they speak English and that is the end all and be all of the conversation. Assuming they speak anything like Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba is an insult even when they are clearly Nigerians carrying Nigerian passports. To the contrary, whenever I meet a Kenyan or Ethiopian they ask me if I speak Swahili or Amharic.

Emo u can argue amongst yourself, if you cannot even admit there is a problem with people Nigerians wanting an all english nigeria then you are being willfully ignorant. To be honest, I have not seen Nigerians with bleaching problems, but I see it in West Africa in general, so if you cant see that either, so be that as well.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 12:59am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Hmmm hopefully you dont mean this?

[img]http://1.bp..com/_JF8UtJK3aog/SUxk9X2FD6I/AAAAAAAAI_Q/WMbfLL0n-uE/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

Which the Nigerian artist who created the image himself says that many Africans now claim this as traditional clothing but it is actually from Indonesia and came over during colonization.

You come into this thread simply because you prefer to disagree with everything I say rather than admit there is definitely some truth in the things I say. While DaRapture made a completely disparaging statement towards Africans, you choose to attack me and my statements.

I think one thing you fail to notice about me is that im not in Africa? To me yes one is worst than the other, but more importantly, most West Africans do not have a large number of light skinned people in their country running around discriminating against them and calling them monkeys and slaves, YET they still bleach. These people who do, I do not see bleaching.

The opinions I express will be based on what I see and hear from africans in the diaspora. That is all I can go off of since I have never been in an African country! It would seem to me your anger should be with your compatriots for how they represent you abroad, and not with foreigners who learn about your cultures through them. If Ethiopians bleach in Ethiopia(and I have heard they do) I dont care, because in my country they dont bleach nor sell the cremes.

I am pretty sure this topic got on Ethiopia because someone claimed that AA men are obsessed over Ethiopian women. Which derailed the entire thread. As I always say and will continue to say, I think all African women are beautiful however certain types on here only get mad when one says Ethiopians are beautiful, as if they should not too be included.

I made a statement about east African languages and Ethiopia and how eastern languages in Ethiopia are in danger because of Amharic. I do not understand why that deserves an education lesson on Swahili, I already know about Swahili.

As far as languages in West Africa go, if one wants to truly break the colonial yoke, one has to make ones languages the official language. It says nothing to a student in school when they look up Nigeria and see English as the official language. They will not know Hausa and Igbo and all these other languages exist in Nigeria just by looking at the official language. Official languages mean alot, that is why the Phillipines does not have Spanish as an official language because they hate the Spanish colonizers. It is the reason why people want English as the official language of the U.S, and the same reason why others dont.

BTW, you cannot assume that information I did not state, is information I do not know. I am aware that in Senegal no more than maybe 20-35% of the population speak French, however, as French is the official language, almost all govt documents in the country are in French, meaning that govt services are not readily accessible to most.

Majority of North Africa is not Arab, although many may identify as such. The native languages in North Africa are Berber languages and the languages of some other groups in the region, Arab is the colonizers language. Only Morocco recognizes Amazigh.

As far as Congo, I dont CARE that most of the songs are in Lingala. Again, do you think I have not listened to their music and I am just making comments out of my Bottom? How would I have known that they use mainly light skinned or bleached women in the vids, almost all with perms or weave? The point is french is the official language and lingala is not.

Yes as well as traditional African fabrics:

Some are inspired by Indonesian prints while others are traditional African prints

Dude so you've never been to Africa yet you talk as though you are an expert? Wow. I'm not even angry I just find your "experiences" quite funny that you met x so now you can discuss x not that I've seen and experienced x grin Its like me talking in depth about computers because I own one and once talked with a guy from IBM, at best I can give you basic information but nothing beyond that. Second point, Ethiopians didn't even experience colonialism nor do they have a large group of light skin folk in their country picking on them and still they have the same hang ups so what is your point? Whether they do it here or abroad, they still do it. You are willing to make a sliding scale for what you deem "worthy" it seems.

Dude you brought up the whole Ethiopian angle.

Plus that is not what you said the first time around, you said Eastern Languages. Stop trying to shift points, that is what you said, you only corrected it when I pointed it out.

And so what does it matter, colonial yoke please. Every country should do what is best for it, if Nigeria thought English would be fair to all speakers then that's their decision.
And what are you talking about they wont know Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa? There is a running joke that every few feet in Nigeria you encounter a different language being spoken so how will you not know there are over 250+ languages spoken in Nigeria, many Nigerians know their native language in addition to two or more from another group. This is why learning about things from the internet alone is not the way to learn.

Despite French being Senegal's official language Wolof is the language of choice, songs are made in Wolof. An award winning singer from Senegal sang in Wolof. So tell me what is insecure about them? And yes documents are in French, most people understand both but prefer Wolof for day to day business, it suits them, why do you care?

Arab is not an ethnicity, its more of a cultural thing. And yes Morocco can do what it feels is best for them.

I never mentioned the Congo, well going with you sketchy reciting of African history I would say that yes you are talking from your a.s.s.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 1:03am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

I know what sheng is. It is mostly spoken in Nairobi. I am aware of situations in some African countries where young people cannot speak any language fluently, although they are able to communicate to each other.

Also, I see u missed it when I said,

But of course you wouldnt see statements like that, because all you saw was Ethiopia and you ran away with it.

Funny thing is that I have met many a Nigerian that tells me that they speak English and that is the end all and be all of the conversation. Assuming they speak anything like Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba is an insult even when they are clearly Nigerians carrying Nigerian passports. To the contrary, whenever I meet a Kenyan or Ethiopian they ask me if I speak Swahili or Amharic.

Emo u can argue amongst yourself, if you cannot even admit there is a problem with people Nigerians wanting an all english nigeria then you are being willfully ignorant. To be honest, I have not seen Nigerians with bleaching problems, but I see it in West Africa in general, so if you cant see that either, so be that as well.

And so what, they told you the spoke English, which I honestly believe is a blatant lie on your part. I've met Africans of various backgrounds and never have they asked me could I speak X language, nor did they hesitate to state where they are from or what language they spoke, many of them West Africans, most immigrants don't like being treated as some exotic thing.

Dude you just said all East Africans teach their kids their languages and when proven that is not entirely true you then change your line of attack, man you are so phony grin

Dude I know you'd like to think West Africa is some how, the mess up of Africa but please go sit somewhere, rent-a-African ideas because I know this guy philosophy. All African nations have their problems, some more than others. But to say that a Nigerian is less proud than an Ethiopian or Kenyan is complete bull.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 1:41am On Nov 16, 2011
And so what, they told you the spoke English, which I honestly believe is a blatant lie on your part. I've met Africans of various backgrounds and never have they asked me could I speak X language, nor did they hesitate to state where they are from or what language they spoke, many of them West Africans, most immigrants don't like being treated as some exotic thing.

Thats funny because Europeans will sit there and teach you their whole dictionary if you ask them, I dont care if they come from Malta. Americans love being exotic when they go abroad, or maybe u dont notice them taking advantage of it?

Why would I lie about something stupid? I dont get anything out of it.

Dude you just said all East Africans teach their kids their languages and when proven that is not entirely true you then change your line of attack, man you are so phony Grin

Change what? Every east african i have met in the states can speak their own language. I said there are situations in countries where kids cannot speak any language fluently, meaning they speak multiple languages to a degree but their parents might think they bastardize the languages.

Dude I know you'd like to think West Africa is some how, the mess up of Africa but please go sit somewhere, rent-a-African ideas because I know this guy philosophy. All African nations have their problems, some more than others. But to say that a Nigerian is less proud than an Ethiopian or Kenyan is complete bull.

It is the mess up of Africa, along with central africa. It went from being one of the greatest places in the world to being a cesspit filled with people who think being french and british is the way to be. You know what tho, this reminds me, one thing i hate about east african countries are those stupid costumes they wear during the swearing in of their officials. Kudos to nigeria for not doing that.

Dude so you've never been to Africa yet you talk as though you are an expert? Wow. I'm not even angry I just find your "experiences" quite funny that you met x so now you can discuss x not that I've seen and experienced x Grin Its like me talking in depth about computers because I own one and once talked with a guy from IBM, at best I can give you basic information but nothing beyond that. Second point, Ethiopians didn't even experience colonialism nor do they have a large group of light skin folk in their country picking on them and still they have the same hang ups so what is your point? Whether they do it here or abroad, they still do it. You are willing to make a sliding scale for what you deem "worthy" it seems.

Im just going to say that my area has if not the 1st then definitely the 2nd highest population of africans in this country. So, with that being said, I think my experiences run into the hundreds and not just the few.

Plus that is not what you said the first time around, you said Eastern Languages. Stop trying to shift points, that is what you said, you only corrected it when I pointed it out.

I did not correct I clarified. I will take the blame for that, it is my responsibility to communicate the idea correctly the first time.

Despite French being Senegal's official language Wolof is the language of choice, songs are made in Wolof. An award winning singer from Senegal sang in Wolof. So tell me what is insecure about them? And yes documents are in French, most people understand both but prefer Wolof for day to day business, it suits them, why do you care?

What difference does it make? The government is filled with assimileés and that is the direction they try to pull the country. Thank God for poor literacy in Senegal or it would have turned to Ivory Coast.

I do not have a sketchy rendition of African history. As Cap28, a fellow nigerian, will tell you, the reason african countries are so bleeped up is because the people put in charge of them to begin with were loyal to the colonizers and not the people. Anyone straying is killed. As far as nigeria, it is possibly the most corrupt in the world, has the worlds largest natural disaster, high STD rates, Lagos is ranked the worst place in the world to live. Most of the roads are cracked and crumbling, and citizens vote based on who gives out a bag of rice.

I am probably from West Africa, I wish it would live up to what I read about in the history books, but then again, part of that history is why im here in the first place. Maybe my fam is from Mali/Senegambia lol.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 2:23am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Thats funny because Europeans will sit there and teach you their whole dictionary if you ask them, I dont care if they come from Malta. Americans love being exotic when they go abroad, or maybe u dont notice them taking advantage of it?

Why would I lie about something silly? I dont get anything out of it.

Change what? Every east african i have met in the states can speak their own language. I said there are situations in countries where kids cannot speak any language fluently, meaning they speak multiple languages to a degree but their parents might think they bastardize the languages.

It is the mess up of Africa, along with central africa. It went from being one of the greatest places in the world to being a cesspit filled with people who think being french and british is the way to be. You know what tho, this reminds me, one thing i hate about east african countries are those silly costumes they wear during the swearing in of their officials. Kudos to nigeria for not doing that.

Im just going to say that my area has if not the 1st then definitely the 2nd highest population of africans in this country. So, with that being said, I think my experiences run into the hundreds and not just the few.

I did not correct I clarified. I will take the blame for that, it is my responsibility to communicate the idea correctly the first time.

What difference does it make? The government is filled with assimileés and that is the direction they try to pull the country. Thank God for poor literacy in Senegal or it would have turned to Ivory Coast.

I do not have a sketchy rendition of African history. As Cap28, a fellow nigerian, will tell you, the reason african countries are so bleeped up is because the people put in charge of them to begin with were loyal to the colonizers and not the people. Anyone straying is killed. As far as nigeria, it is possibly the most corrupt in the world, has the worlds largest natural disaster, high STD rates, Lagos is ranked the worst place in the world to live. Most of the roads are cracked and crumbling, and citizens vote based on who gives out a bag of rice.

I am probably from West Africa, I wish it would live up to what I read about in the history books, but then again, part of that history is why im here in the first place. Maybe my fam is from Mali/Senegambia lol.

Um no they don't either, I honestly don't think you get out much, and the few times you do you extrapolate to make a judgement. 5 people do not speak for 160 million + Nigerians just like me speaking on behalf of Black Americans would just be one opinion of 54 million people.

I really don't know, I would like to know myself why you enjoy lying so much grin

Yes those you met, not all but those you met. But now that gives you insight to All of East Africa?
Once again you are generalizing, French and British way to be is a bunch of crap, some feel that way but the majority of Africans are proud of their cultures. Keep your kudos son kiss

Okay I'll pretend to take your word on that grin

And you know this about Senegal how?

And yet you make it seem that West Africa is the land of the mess ups and the rest of Africa (East Africa) is the land of milk and honey grin
Nigeria is corrupt.
One of the largest oil spills, yes.
Actually Nigeria's STD rate is not that high and West Africa in general has lower rates than Southern and Eastern Africa.
Yes Lagos is not the best place to live but the Governor is trying to change that.
Yes, which is not something that occurs in Nigeria alone.

So your point? Or do you have one?

No you are from East Africa my friend lol grin
And yet you seem to be doing a whole lot of talking and less learning wink
Once again all of Africa has its problems, deal with it or become Ethiopian smiley
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 2:23am On Nov 16, 2011
someone claimed that AA men are obsessed over Ethiopian women. Which derailed the entire thread.

lol
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:40am On Nov 16, 2011
Um no they don't either, I honestly don't think you get out much, and the few times you do you extrapolate to make a judgement. 5 people do not speak for 160 million + Nigerians just like me speaking on behalf of Black Americans would just be one opinion of 54 million people.

I really don't know, I would like to know myself why you enjoy lying so much Grin

Yes those you met, not all but those you met. But now that gives you insight to All of East Africa?
Once again you are generalizing, French and British way to be is a bunch of crap, some feel that way but the majority of Africans are proud of their cultures. Keep your kudos son Kiss

Okay I'll pretend to take your word on that Grin

And you know this about Senegal how?

And yet you make it seem that West Africa is the land of the mess ups and the rest of Africa (East Africa) is the land of milk and honey Grin
Nigeria is corrupt.
One of the largest oil spills, yes.
Actually Nigeria's STD rate is not that high and West Africa in general has lower rates than Southern and Eastern Africa.
Yes Lagos is not the best place to live but the Governor is trying to change that.
Yes, which is not something that occurs in Nigeria alone.

So your point? Or do you have one?

No you are from East Africa my friend lol Grin
And yet you seem to be doing a whole lot of talking and less learning Wink
Once again all of Africa has its problems, deal with it or become Ethiopian Smiley

Lol did I say it was a land of milk and honey, or did i say east africans tend to have more pride? Did I say that no west Africans I met had pride? I dont think i said that. If that's what you thought then maybe that's what you feel, i said on average one is more than the other. I have never met an Ethiopian who told me the white man brought them civilization.

If the majority of Africans are proud of their cultures, then they should be building language schools in the united states like other cultures already do.

It is not just the largest oil spill, it is a disaster that has destroyed the way of life of Delta people.

Ethiopia has its own problems, I am not Ethiopian but people tend to ask me if I am. Same thing with Nigeria.

I know about Senegal because the information is available for everyone to read on the internet. You read about the literacy rates and the use of French in govt. Read about the history of Senegal and Senegal during the colonial era. A Senegalese was the first African to be the head of a French department of govt, you think he got there by being the most African of all Africans?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 2:51am On Nov 16, 2011
btw blacklibya, from all the dumbass comments you have made here, haven't you proven to be obsessed with them?

let's see:

- even though ethiopian and east african women straighten their hair, you only have problem with nigerian and west/ african women who do.

- even though ethiopian and east africans bleach their skin, you pardon them and your gripe is with nigerians and west/central african women

- even though nigerians have been able to preserve 250 native languages even after going thru "european colonialisms" while ethiopians speak english even though they did not go thru colonialism, yet your issue is with nigerians for speaking english.

so it is clear like a poster rightly observed, u have a "fetish" for ethiopians. and that makes u the typical AA male who has a weird obsession for ethiopians and east african women, while AA women don't give a shyte about them.

- and oh, even though u believe u  are from mali/senegambia, u are repping "BlackLibya" when the "black" people in libya do not identify as black. no wonder u are lost.

and whot was the purpose of the whole thread? an east african to come tell us we should be proud of our features and not to think east africans are more beautiful? as if we needed someone to come tell us dat. i know u will have something dumb to say as a response and it is always amusing to read. oya carry go.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 2:54am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Lol did I say it was a land of milk and honey, or did i say east africans tend to have more pride? Did I say that no west Africans I met had pride? I dont think i said that. If that's what you thought then maybe that's what you feel, i said on average one is more than the other. I have never met an Ethiopian who told me the white man brought them civilization.

If the majority of Africans are proud of their cultures, then they should be building language schools in the united states like other cultures already do.

It is not just the largest oil spill, it is a disaster that has destroyed the way of life of Delta people.

Ethiopia has its own problems, I am not Ethiopian but people tend to ask me if I am. Same thing with Nigeria.

I know about Senegal because the information is available for everyone to read on the internet. You read about the literacy rates and the use of French in govt. Read about the history of Senegal and Senegal during the colonial era. A Senegalese was the first African to be the head of a French department of govt, you think he got there by being the most African of all Africans?

Pride is relative. Relative to what? That is what you have been saying. So either clear up your statement or stop being so shocked that I repeat what you said verbatim  undecided

So they have to build a school to show their pride undecided Okay now you are grasping. They may not have schools (I don't know myself because I don't check on that) but there are numerous clubs and groups organized by Africans as well as churches and etc.

Okay thank you for stating the obvious, round of applause ?! Who does not know the plight of the Niger Delta on a Nigerian forum shocked?

Congrats? On being told you are this and that

Um thanks I have already but apparently you've only study bits and pieces. Do you know about the Tuklor Empire? Amadou Bamba? Or is Colonialism the end all be all?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 2:57am On Nov 16, 2011
exotik:

btw blacklibya, from all the dumbass comments you have made here, haven't you proven to be obsessed with them?

let's see:

- even though ethiopian and east african women straighten their hair, you only have problem with nigerian and west/ african women who do.

- even though ethiopian and east africans bleach their skin, you pardon them and your gripe is with nigerians and west/central african women

- even though nigerians have been also to preserve 250 native languages even after going thru "european colonialisms" while ethiopians also speak same english even though they did not go thru colonialism, yet your issue is with nigerians.

so it is clear like a poster rightly observed, u have a "fetish" for ethiopians. and that makes u the typical AA male who has a weird obsession for ethiopians and east african women, while AA women don't give a shyte about them.

- and oh, even though u believe u  are from mali/senegambia, u are repping "BlackLibya" when the "black" people in libya do not identify as black. no wonder u are lost.

and whot was the purpose of the whole thread? an east african to come tell us we should be proud of features and not to think east africans are more beautiful? as if we needed someone to come tell us dat. i know u will have something dumb to say as a response and it is always amusing to read.

Thank you, you have said it all. Like I said he has a sliding scale with West Africans and Nigerians in particular. When its pointed out that yes they do the same thing he comes up with a bs excuse top slide over it, if you are embarrassed of West Africa then avoid them all together and move on and for those who want to learn about a part of West Africa and their heritage do just that.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 3:22am On Nov 16, 2011

Most of them dont, that was my point.

I have never seen a bleached east african woman. I said I have heard they do it in their own countries, but i am only talking about what i see in my country. I also said I have never seen Nigerian woman who bleach although many other West African countries do.

- even though nigerians have been able to preserve 250 native languages even after going thru "european colonialisms" while ethiopians speak english even though they did not go thru colonialism, yet your issue is with nigerians for speaking english.

Ethiopians did go through colonialism actually, for a brief period in the 1930's they were under Italian occupation although it was not recognized by the world. I didnt say Nigerians didnt have languages or werent able to preserve them, I said that I have read articles indicating African language departments are disappearing in Africa. Then I stated anecdotal evidence that some Nigerians are opting to speak English instead of their languages, and that many do not teach their children the language. That much can be confirmed by diaspora Nigerians in these forums.

- and oh, even though u believe u are from mali/senegambia, u are repping "BlackLibya" when the "black" people in libya do not identify as black. no wonder u are lost.

Im not repping it, im merely bringing attention to it by that being my name. Blacks in Libya do consider themselves black, or apparently you havent heard them speaking in the news reports? If you watch CNN, BBC, etc then I understand why as their genocide was not even covered.

- and oh, even though u believe u are from mali/senegambia, u are repping "BlackLibya" when the "black" people in libya do not identify as black. no wonder u are lost.

I dont believe I am from anywhere except somewhere in Africa. I said maybe ur attempts to pick me apart fail.

and whot was the purpose of the whole thread? an east african to come tell us we should be proud of our features and not to think east africans are more beautiful? as if we needed someone to come tell us dat. i know u will have something dumb to say as a response and it is always amusing to read. oya carry go.

So then why do so many west africans complain about how pretty east africans think they are, instead of just worrying about themselves? As much as you say that I am "obsessed" with east african women, you fail to realize that my biggest gripe is that West African women dont think they are the prettiest women. I have not met a single one that thinks they look exotic, however they all think ethiopians look exotic. Every African woman should take pride in her own features because she is beautiful. I keep saying this but you guys keep ignoring it?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 3:53am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Most of them dont, that was my point.

I have never seen a bleached east african woman. I said I have heard they do it in their own countries, but i am only talking about what i see in my country. I also said I have never seen Nigerian woman who bleach although many other West African countries do.

Ethiopians did go through colonialism actually, for a brief period in the 1930's they were under Italian occupation although it was not recognized by the world. I didnt say Nigerians didnt have languages or werent able to preserve them, I said that I have read articles indicating African language departments are disappearing in Africa. Then I stated anecdotal evidence that some Nigerians are opting to speak English instead of their languages, and that many do not teach their children the language. That much can be confirmed by diaspora Nigerians in these forums.

Im not repping it, im merely bringing attention to it by that being my name. Blacks in Libya do consider themselves black, or apparently you havent heard them speaking in the news reports? If you watch CNN, BBC, etc then I understand why as their genocide was not even covered.

I dont believe I am from anywhere except somewhere in Africa. I said maybe your attempts to pick me apart fail.

So then why do so many west africans complain about how pretty east africans think they are, instead of just worrying about themselves? As much as you say that I am "obsessed" with east african women, you fail to realize that my biggest gripe is that West African women dont think they are the prettiest women. I have not met a single one that thinks they look exotic, however they all think ethiopians look exotic. Every African woman should take pride in her own features because she is beautiful. I keep saying this but you guys keep ignoring it?

How do you know most don't? Some Black celebs bleach and unless its as obvious as Lil' Kim you wouldn't be any wiser about it.

What the poster is saying why are you only harping on West Africans when Bleaching is a problem in all of Africa, some Ethiopians joke that their President has been bleaching himself due to his drastic change in color over the years and yet you are making it seem as though West Africans have a monopoly on it.

Ethiopia went through a period of occupation and due to the assistance by the British they began using English in addition to Amharic. There are some in Ethiopia who do not like the fact that Ethiopia's official language is Amharic and feel that their cultures are being suppressed in favor of one.

Yes and that is anecdotal evidence for some Nigerians, it depends on the family some teach their native language others do not and this is a problem in many places in Africa, and if you were not so busy trying to make it a West Africa/Nigerian issue you would know that. Even countries in Asia and the Middle East even Europe complain of the homogenization of culture taking place due to globalism. Stop trying to preach to Nigerians as though they are the only ones facing this issue.

Actually the violence against black has been reported on CNN and in other media, has it gotten the attention it deserves. Not as much as one hopes, but it is there and video documentation as well.

Many of those threads are troll threads.
So you have not seen the beauty of South Eastern/South Western/Northern/Delta/etc Nigerian women threads at all? Why should they think they are exotic? Okay and a majority of West Africans do like their features while unfortunately there are some that don't same in many places undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 4:16am On Nov 16, 2011
blacklibya, come o, u have not seen a lot of things and have not met a lot of people but u are making a lot of generalisations?? why?

and like i said, the people who complain are those based in the US and part of dat complain also comes from your AA women. and i guess these women complain because of how AA men put them ethiopians and east africans on the pedestal and then criticize every other thing about west africans and AA women because they have same west african features. and u guys seem to be particular about hair and dat is your "biggest gripe" with AA women coz  they don't have so-called "real hair" and opt to wear weaves. so it is a problem reserved for black women in the US and not nigerian women.  and btw, i doubt u will ever see nigerian women comparing themselves to east africans, they compare themselves to each other. igbo vs yoruba/ hausa/ edo/fulani/etc who is prettier and NOT with east africans.

and blacks in libya identify as black? it is the media who identify them as black because of their skin color not the people themselves. and  im pretty sure the people themselves have their ethnic identify that they identify with and it will definitely not be "black"

I have not met a single one that thinks they look exotic, however they all think ethiopians look exotic.

^^
dat was funny! but did u have to lie just to support your weak argument? and btw, does "exotic" translate to beauty? it is only dumbass AA males like u dat take the word "exotic" and give it a whole new meaning.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 4:21am On Nov 16, 2011
Um thanks I have already but apparently you've only study bits and pieces. Do you know about the Tuklor Empire? Amadou Bamba? Or is Colonialism the end all be all?

Im sry im watching this beautiful carribean woman cook on chopped right now.

Yes I do know about the tuccoloeur empire. They speak a variant of pulaar, which is distinct from the pular spoken in Futa Djallon. Kaa haal pulaar? I also know about the Serer(the indigenous senegalese) people and their kingdoms and religion, and I know about the wolof and the fact that they are an ethnogenerated group of people from the fallen Malian empires mixing with the Serer and other peoples.

I know quite a bit, the first president of senegal was a Serer, which is odd because he was also an asimileé and most Serers reject french culture.

I know about Sokoto, Benin, Nok, Yoruba confederacy. I know about the Zenaga who formed the first great Berber empire, and the Shuwa and Bagharra Arabs who combined with the Sao people to form Kanem and Bornu. I know about King Afonso and the Portuguese and Queen Nzinga of Angola. You may not believe it but I know much more about West African and Central African history than I do about East African, although I am aware of the Italian-Ethio wars, the Eritrean betrayal,  Tipu Tip, and the Mau Mau rebellions.

West Africa is the home of the most legendary African empires, they built the largest and most massive civilizations(outside of egypt/sudan), only to neglect them in recent history and have the ruins destroyed. Its annoying that most of the west africans i meet on the street dont know about the various nations that existed before colonialism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language? / Ooni Of Ife And His Olori At A Royal Dinner / Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 232
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.