Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (31132 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Woman Spotted Eating Amala On A Train In The UK / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Squeegeez(f): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2011
lakal:

I live in the US, in a city with a huge Ethiopian population. You're most definitely wrong . . .

Americans bleach sef. What do you think Ambi is?
BlackLibya:

I live in the city with the highest population of ethiopians outside ethiopia, i most definitely am not wrong.

Very rare if an american bleaches, I have not ran into any that do. AA's look down on bleaching and bleachers. Even when I went into the beauty supply in my area and when i went to the bleaching cremes the korean lady stopped me and said "no this is just for the african woman."
N
BlackLibya:

I live in the city with the highest population of ethiopians outside ethiopia, i most definitely am not wrong.

Very rare if an american bleaches, I have not ran into any that do. AA's look down on bleaching and bleachers. Even when I went into the beauty supply in my area and when i went to the bleaching cremes the korean lady stopped me and said "no this is just for the african woman."
The Korean woman told you wrong. Black Americans use bleaching creams. There are a couple of conditions that cause dark patches. Most often they are prescribed by a dermatologist.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Fulaman198(m): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2011
This discussion in itself is stupid. This Blacklibya guy must be a born fool not to be insulting. But when you take a country as diverse as Nigeria and say we should not teach English (ideally we would want to speak 1 language that isn't a European language that unifies Nigerians) but we can not. It's a country comprised of 150 million. 250 ethnic groups, etc. etc. Some of those pictures you showed of Ethiopians with ethnic markings are pointless. You did not mention what ethnic group they belong to. Not all Ethiopians are Amhara.

Nigerians are not forgetting their native tongues. If you go to Northern Nigeria where I am from I can tell you you will hear VERY LITTLE ENGLISH. Hausa is the lingua Franca and dominant language of the North. Even non-Hausa like us Fulani speak it as the main language whenever we travel to Sokoto, Zaria, etc. Fulfulde language which is Fulani language is spoken widely too, but only the villages, and amongst nomads. If you go to Gombe or Adamawa state you will hear a lot of Fulfulde.

That said, in Lagos, Oyo, etc. there are many Yoruba speakers, in Benin (Bendel) lots of Edo ethnic speakers though they have many languages. In Anambra and Imo state lots of Igbo speakers. Nigerians are not forgetting their language and culture, not by a long shot. If anything we refuse to be westernized. Did you not see how we banned homosexuality in Nigeria? Maybe you forget.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 1:38am On Jan 01, 2012
Did you not see how we banned homosexuality in Nigeria? Maybe you forget.

You banned homosexuality as a result of the christianity and islam that the West and Arabs brought.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Fulaman198(m): 1:42am On Jan 01, 2012
BlackLibya:

You banned homosexuality as a result of the christianity and islam that the West and Arabs brought.

Arabs brought Islam to Nigeria? Is that so? You may want to do your research.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 5:11am On Jan 01, 2012
Arabs brought Islam to Nigeria? Is that so? You may want to do your research.

Whether the Fulani or the Malians brought Islam to Nigeria, the Arabs gave it to them it makes no difference.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Fulaman198(m): 5:27am On Jan 01, 2012
BlackLibya:

Whether the Fulani or the Malians brought Islam to Nigeria, the Arabs gave it to them it makes no difference.

ok
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by DaRapture: 3:59am On Jan 02, 2012
I've never in my life met an AA who bleaches nor would ever even think of doing so. Now many of you speak of how when you walk into these black cosmetic care stores the shelves are supposedly always "FILLED" with these creams. LOL. Well first of all, I've personally have walked into loads of these stores with my wife, mother, sisters and past girl friends,  and I honestly can't recall ever seeing these creams in them, while I'm sure I would of noticed them if in fact these stores with LOADED with them as some of you all claim them to be.  cheesy Secondly, if,  as you claim, the shelves are always loaded with them,  wouldn't that be a sign of that such products aren't selling too well, else the shelves in which posess them would not be all that loaded.  undecided

Let's face it people, while AA females have quite a bit of issues, this is clearly not one of them, and while I'm sure of the fact that there are many AA girls out here who do used these products, it's no where near as great of a numbers as what you would find among Asians, Caribbeans, Hispanics, and especially African girls.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
Who says all Fuulbe are muslim cool

Even my Fulani brothers have a chance to return to their roots. All is not lost brothers and sisters. All Is NOT Lost.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Fulaman198(m): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Who says all Fuulbe are muslim cool

Even my Fulani brothers have a chance to return to their roots. All is not lost brothers and sisters. All Is NOT Lost.

This is gerewol ceremony amongst Wodaabe Fulani. Wodaabe are still Muslim but they practice different things than other Fulani.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:58am On Jan 04, 2012
not all are muslim and anyways this practice are not allowed in islam. also, they mix nature worship with islam.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by DaRapture: 3:22am On Jan 05, 2012
bump

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples / Ooni Of Ife And 3rd Wife, Olori Tobi Welcome Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.