Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (31484 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Woman Spotted Eating Amala On A Train In The UK / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 4:24am On Nov 16, 2011
Exotik i am not responded to you anymore. Are u the same weave wearing fool from the other thread who thinks all men dont liek nappy hair? Go take ur non self esteem having self to another thread.

All Africans look exotic. I am not saying anything else to you because you are ignorant.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 4:27am On Nov 16, 2011
So you have not seen the beauty of South Eastern/South Western/Northern/Delta/etc Nigerian women threads at all? Huh Why should they think they are exotic? Okay and a majority of West Africans do like their features while unfortunately there are some that don't same in many places Undecided

because they are? Do you not know that the beauty of west african women was highly sought after in the medieval times? There were several places in Spain and Rome where black women were thought to be so noble. Despite their claims of superiority, the Arabs chose to stock their harems with black women.

It is known that west african women are beautiful, the portuguese and spanish even during slavery with their great hate of all things african were forced to admit the exceptional beauty of certain african nations as a whole.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by exotik: 4:31am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Exotik i am not responded to you anymore. Are u the same weave wearing fool from the other thread who thinks all  men dont liek nappy hair? Go take your non self esteem having self to another thread.

All Africans look exotic. I am not saying anything else to you because you are ignorant.

sharrap there, idi0t. the only ignorant fool on this thread is no-one but ur dumbass. i am tired of you google and wikipedia scholars who after reading some shyte on the internet, think they can make valid statements about people they have never seen or lived with. get lost. ode.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by lakal(m): 4:33am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Also, I see u missed it when I said,

If Ethiopians bleach in Ethiopia(and I have heard they do) I dont care, because in my country they dont bleach nor sell the cremes.

I live in the US, in a city with a huge Ethiopian population.  You're most definitely wrong . . .

Americans bleach sef.  What do you think Ambi is?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 4:46am On Nov 16, 2011
I live in the US, in a city with a huge Ethiopian population. You're most definitely wrong . . .

I live in the city with the highest population of ethiopians outside ethiopia, i most definitely am not wrong.

Very rare if an american bleaches, I have not ran into any that do. AA's look down on bleaching and bleachers. Even when I went into the beauty supply in my area and when i went to the bleaching cremes the korean lady stopped me and said "no this is just for the african woman."
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 4:48am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

because they are? Do you not know that the beauty of west african women was highly sought after in the medieval times? There were several places in Spain and Rome where black women were thought to be so noble. Despite their claims of superiority, the Arabs chose to stock their harems with black women.

It is known that west african women are beautiful, the portuguese and spanish even during slavery with their great hate of all things african were forced to admit the exceptional beauty of certain african nations as a whole.
Harems shocked being a fetish is not the highlight of most people's lives shocked
Black women are not exotic, which implies they are something out of the ordinary, they are beautiful just like all other women.

BlackLibya:

Im sry im watching this beautiful carribean woman cook on chopped right now.

Yes I do know about the tuccoloeur empire. They speak a variant of pulaar, which is distinct from the pular spoken in Futa Djallon. Kaa haal pulaar? I also know about the Serer(the indigenous senegalese) people and their kingdoms and religion, and I know about the wolof and the fact that they are an ethnogenerated group of people from the fallen Malian empires mixing with the Serer and other peoples.

I know quite a bit, the first president of senegal was a Serer, which is odd because he was also an asimileé and most Serers reject french culture.

I know about Sokoto, Benin, Nok, Yoruba confederacy. I know about the Zenaga who formed the first great Berber empire, and the Shuwa and Bagharra Arabs who combined with the Sao people to form Kanem and Bornu. I know about King Afonso and the Portuguese and Queen Nzinga of Angola. You may not believe it but I know much more about West African and Central African history than I do about East African, although I am aware of the Italian-Ethio wars, the Eritrean betrayal,  Tipu Tip, and the Mau Mau rebellions.

West Africa is the home of the most legendary African empires, they built the largest and most massive civilizations(outside of egypt/sudan), only to neglect them in recent history and have the ruins destroyed. Its annoying that most of the west africans i meet on the street dont know about the various nations that existed before colonialism.

Congrats, Wiki degree is in the mail grin
Which is not unique to West Africa, unfortunately the effects of colonialism in addition to many wars in Africa destroyed some of Africa's great works and not all of it is neglected undecided
Yes and this is true for many groups not just West Africans.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 4:52am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

I live in the city with the highest population of ethiopians outside ethiopia, i most definitely am not wrong.

Very rare if an american bleaches, I have not ran into any that do. AA's look down on bleaching and bleachers. Even when I went into the beauty supply in my area and when i went to the bleaching cremes the korean lady stopped me and said "no this is just for the african woman."

Dude that is such a lie bleaching is a problem in the African American community, which is why every Korean Hair supply store in black neighborhoods is filled to the brim with skin bleaching creams, or only saving grace is that unlike in developing nations the main ingredient in Skin lightening creams, hydroquinone cream, is limited to 2% which is not as harmful or as noticeable shocked Dude come off that mess bleaching is a problem among all people of African descent undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya and his "I see. . . .I know. . . ." stories.
I forgot the psychological term for this condition sha. Just because you see it that way, dont mean its what it is. AA sabi bleach.

PS: Even light skin ppl still bleach. . . .Look at Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 5:04am On Nov 16, 2011
Dude that is such a lie bleaching is a problem in the African American community, which is why every Korean Hair supply store in black neighborhoods is filled to the brim with skin bleaching creams, or only saving grace is that unlike in developing nations the main ingredient in Skin lightening creams, hydroquinone cream, is limited to 2% which is not as harmful or as noticeable Shocked Dude come off that mess bleaching is a problem among all people of African descent Undecided

Dude I have gone to schools that are 98% black and I can promise you that no one bleached. Bleaching for african americans is generally limited to acne scars. The AA experience revolves around the idea that black is beautiful, black power, and complaining about the white man. Most people bleaching are from the Carribean, Africa, India, or Southeast Asia. I didnt even know bleaching existed until I walked in an African store. In school we are taught that ended in the 1920s
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 5:06am On Nov 16, 2011
Harems Shocked being a fetish is not the highlight of most people's lives Shocked
Black women are not exotic, which implies they are something out of the ordinary, they are beautiful just like all other women

If you say so, ancient historians gloated about the women in harems and their ethnicities.

Black women are exotic. Sorry, I disagree with you. Many AA's think black women are exotic, sry.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by lakal(m): 5:19am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Dude I have gone to schools that are 98% black and I can promise you that no one bleached. Bleaching for african americans is generally limited to acne scars. The AA experience revolves around the idea that black is beautiful, black power, and complaining about the white man. Most people bleaching are from the Carribean, Africa, India, or Southeast Asia. I didnt even know bleaching existed until I walked in an African store. In school we are taught that ended in the 1920s

When colorism is a huge problem for AAs.  How many dark-skinned big time AA actresses can you name?  Gbenu e dake jor!
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 5:36am On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

If you say so lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOmjlaKe6Ws
she talks about an episode of Tyra about skin leaching and I watched that episode and most of those women on the show were Black Americans if not all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMVgsHazQ4&feature=related
She learned about bleaching from Africans Indians Asians

http://www.blackhealthmatters.com/9-07perils.pdf
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/16/health/16skin.html?pagewanted=all
http://www.prlog.org/11370939-black-women-who-use-skin-lightening-creams-more-likely-to-marry-rich-men-according-to-new-study.html
http://www.realself.com/forum/permanent-skin-lightening-treatments-dark-skinned-african-americans
http://hiphopwired.com/2011/01/20/lightenin-up-10-celebrities-accused-of-bleaching-their-skin-30097/

Its a problem in all Black communities

BlackLibya:

If you say so, ancient historians gloated about the women in harems and their ethnicities.

Black women are exotic. Sorry, I disagree with you. Many AA's think black women are exotic, sry.

So because ancient historians did it we must follow their footsteps in 2011 wow wow undecided
Black women are people and not Tigers, tigers are fu_c.king exotic black women are beautiful.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2011
Crayola think what u want. Many men refer to the women of their race as exotic, if u dont like it, kick rocks.

Anyway, Tyra's show was extremely biased because it acted like bleaching was an epidemic in the AA community, when its a much more serious problem in the Indian/Asian community.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2011
BlackLibya:

Crayola think what u want. Many men refer to the women of their race as exotic, if u dont like it, kick rocks.

Anyway, Tyra's show was extremely biased because it acted like bleaching was an epidemic in the AA community, when its a much more serious problem in the Indian/Asian community.

Lmao ok whatever, I wish you would take your own advice lol

And I gave you sources that show its a problem in the AA and you still deny, dude GFOH with that bs grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
And I gave you sources that show its a problem in the AA and you still deny, dude GFOH with that bs Grin
I didnt say its not a problem, I said its not ACCEPTABLE and its not as widespread as it is in west africa.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2011

That's not what you said here, you wouldn't be as pathetic if you actually stuck to a point instead of shifting to suit your needs when caught in a lie grin

If its a problem, then at some level it is acceptable to do it you mean having others know you bleach is not acceptable.

Africans make up a small percentage of the population, and those bleaching creams have long been in the beauty supply stores before there was even a sizable African population, who were they selling it to then?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2011
Africans make up a small percentage of the population, and those bleaching creams have long been in the beauty supply stores before there was even a sizable African population, who were they selling it to then?

Its not acceptable. On the whole we dont do it, it's not a fad, and we dont call it "beauty creme". We dont write songs about it, nor do we have movies where it happens. In my area there are africans everywhere so i cant answer ur question. All I can say is that I went to a school and nobody did it. Like i said, the korean woman in the store said it was for african women.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by lakal(m): 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2011
So AAs are all universally proud of their blackness and don't bleach?

Skin color issues are a problem across the diaspora.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/16/health/16skin.html?pagewanted=all

[img]http://“Sociological studies have shown among African-Americans and also Latinos, there’s a clear connection between skin color and socioeconomic status. It’s not some fantasy. There is prejudice against dark-skinned people, especially women in the so-called marriage market.”[/img]
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2011
So AAs are all universally proud of their blackness and don't bleach?

If I say no does that satisfy u?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 12:07am On Nov 17, 2011
from ur article

“I never read the labels,” Mrs. Ross said. Instead, she took her cues from friends, many of them, like her, from the West Indies. “Once somebody told me Fair & White was the one they were using, I’d go to the Korean store and ask for it,” she said.

Dr. Erin Gilbert, a chief resident in dermatology at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, said that she or a colleague saw a case of severe side effects from skin-lightening creams at least once a week. Dr. Gilbert attributed the frequency, which she called surprising, to the fact that the hospital served an “amazingly international cross section of women of color.”

But many others seek to lighten their entire face or large swatches of their body, a[b] practice common in developing countries as disparate as Senegal, India and the Philippines[/b], where it is promoted as a way to elevate one’s social standing. A small percentage of men in such countries also use the creams.

A salesman at Blessing Beauty Supply, who would give only his first name, Monroe, said the secret to one best-selling cream, [size=20pt]L’Abidjanaise[/size], was that “it has steroids in it.” Asked why he sold prescription medications illegally, he declined to answer
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:11am On Nov 17, 2011
from ur article

“I never read the labels,” Mrs. Ross said. Instead, she took her cues from friends, many of them, like her, from the West Indies. “Once somebody told me Fair & White was the one they were using, I’d go to the Korean store and ask for it,” she said.

Dr. Erin Gilbert, a chief resident in dermatology at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, said that she or a colleague saw a case of severe side effects from skin-lightening creams at least once a week. Dr. Gilbert attributed the frequency, which she called surprising, to the fact that the hospital served an “amazingly international cross section of women of color.”

But many others seek to lighten their entire face or large swatches of their body, a[b] practice common in developing countries as disparate as Senegal, India and the Philippines[/b], where it is promoted as a way to elevate one’s social standing. A small percentage of men in such countries also use the creams.

A salesman at Blessing Beauty Supply, who would give only his first name, Monroe, said the secret to one best-selling cream, [size=20pt]L’Abidjanaise[/size], was that “it has steroids in it.” Asked why he sold prescription medications illegally, he declined to answer
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 8:29am On Nov 17, 2011
BlackLibya:

Its not acceptable. On the whole we dont do it, it's not a fad, and we dont call it "beauty creme". We dont write songs about it, nor do we have movies where it happens. In my area there are africans everywhere so i cant answer your question. All I can say is that I went to a school and nobody did it. Like i said, the korean woman in the store said it was for african women.

What are you going on about lipsrsealed Yes Black women bleach, you can pretend that its not the case but long before Africans were coming to the US in large numbers, it was not yesterday they just started stocking the shelves.

There was a documentary on TLC with a young Black girl who bleaches, so yes there is media that shows that it is a problem.

You always have one BS anecdote story on standby don't you grin The Korean woman will single you out, and tell you that's for African women shocked grin

Man whatever, like I said in the US when a woman bleaches you won't know.
Fashion Fair, a black owned makeup line, one of their products is Vantex. What is Vantex? A bleaching cream. So obviously they were marketing this product to Africans in some parallel dimension according to you grin

This ad was in Jet/Ebony and judging by the hair it was probably 80's-90's when it ran:

Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by anonymous6(f): 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
I don't want to intrude in this debate but skin bleaching is all over the diasporia(in the Caribbean, african american community and Black latina community) & it is happening in Africa & Asia; especially in India, Japan, some african countries especially French speaking african countries like Senegal. So this shouldn't be a debate but the difference between Black communities of many different cultures & Asian communities of many culture's(particularly Indians) is that there is resistance of bleaching in Black communities of all cultures but in Asian communities there is no really big resistance it is accepted, they see nothing wrong with it.

Also I must add that it has been mentioned that asians are the biggest consumers & number 1 buyers of Bleaching creams and etc in the world

HERE IS MY THREAD TALKING ABOUT THIS ISSUE: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-804407.0.html
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by anonymous6(f): 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2011
BlackLibya:

no it's not

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMVgsHazQ4[/flash]

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGWknrOjic[/flash]
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjl795GKt8[/flash]
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Thank you, its a problem for all people of African descent, Black women in America have access to creams that are not as dangerous as the ones Africans and West Indies people use. So they don't get the noticeable "fanta face, coca cola body" look tongue

Its not to knock on Black Americans, since I am one, but to pretend that the thousands of beauty stores stocked to the brim with these things are only for Africans and people from the Islands is a boldfaced lie. smiley
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by anonymous6(f): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
Crayola1:

Thank you, its a problem for all people of African descent, Black women in America have access to creams that are not as dangerous as the ones Africans and West Indies people use. So they don't get the noticeable "fanta face, coca cola body" look tongue

Its not to knock on Black Americans, since I am one, but to pretend that the thousands of beauty stores stocked to the brim with these things are only for Africans and people from the Islands is a boldfaced lie. smiley

I agree, that is why I don't understand why it was even being debated.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2011
Its not to knock on Black Americans, since I am one, but to pretend that the thousands of beauty stores stocked to the brim with these things are only for Africans and people from the Islands is a boldfaced lie. Smiley

Ur not a 2nd generation American?

Anyway, I had responded to that article that was posted, but i am not allowed to respond to it because the spambot got me. So, i will leave it be. The Spambot got me even tho i didnt put a single link.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2011
BlackLibya:

your not a 2nd generation American?

Anyway, I had responded to that article that was posted, but i am not allowed to respond to it because the spambot got me. So, i will leave it be. The Spambot got me even tho i didnt put a single link.

No grin
Maybe the spambot is smarter than we thought grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 12:09am On Nov 18, 2011
No Grin
Maybe the spambot is smarter than we thought Grin

So u have no connection to nigeria?

The spambot is a fool.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 2:27am On Nov 18, 2011
BlackLibya:

So u have no connection to nigeria?

The spambot is a fool.

Is that any of your business, the only thing I have to say is that I've actually gone to Nigeria unlike you cheesy

lol most of your posts in this thread is borderline spam IMHO

I actually responded to a couple.
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by BlackLibya: 2:40am On Nov 18, 2011
lol is that y u love responding to all of them?
Re: Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans by Crayola1: 2:49am On Nov 18, 2011
Anyway.

Before anyone says otherwise I don't think anyone region is more beautiful than the other grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) / Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience / Kingmakers Pick Bashir Aminu As New Emir Of Zazzau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.