Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 (16199 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket / US Embassy Says Visa Services At Abuja Might Resume Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Samogloby: 9:18am On Dec 04, 2023
Almost 200 thousand people multiply by the visa money, that's a lot.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by happney65: 9:18am On Dec 04, 2023
ggood:
Thanks to the Drug baron in asorock, my Doctor friend to Usa in 2020 and came back this year and bought to mansion , I was surprised someone that was collecting 400k in Nigeria hospital.

So how much do you expect Nigeria to give him as a Doctor? Can Nigeria pay him 3M monthly when he isn't even a consultant. I don't even think consultants are as highly paid as that.

He earning 400K as a Doctor here is still fairly okay.

The work stress might be the issue because they are greatly understaffed and the equipments to work with which isn't okay but talking about pay. How do you expect Nigeria to be able to pay the same with the US.

How? When we dey talk at times make we dey reason well

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by inoki247: 9:18am On Dec 04, 2023
Pootle:

how many go kon remain for naija grin

Lol the truth is People will still remain if u like Give all Nigerians Visa don't be surprised 60 percent to 70 percent might not leave is just a SM noise....

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by MuchAdo: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2023
Kilode

And most of these people are doing well in the country o angry

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Think9ja(m): 9:22am On Dec 04, 2023
inoki247:
Safe trip to them all...

With all the Noise I think say dem go reach like 10m....

If 10M people comot for Nigeria, how many go remain? Abi you think say we plenty as we de claim? North just get land without people. Abuja crime rate high na because enough space de to escape after a crime, due to lack of commercial activities. E no choke like Lagos. We no plenty as we de claim ooo

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by anonymous1759(m): 9:23am On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
150,000 then you can imagine how many Canada has interviewed, Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria

Stop Grunting like a 🐷 Tinubu has done well for himself and his Generations Tinubu is not the cause of your predicament if you’re tired of Nigeria leave nobody is holding you back.
Urban migration cut across all continent from Africa -Asia-Europe-South America-North America etc grow up . Your candidate should do better next time to become president.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Theunbothered: 9:24am On Dec 04, 2023
duduade:
E don give one expo

Make sure it's attached to an event

No just go embassy dey lie what is not

You get sense too much

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Anonymous0001: 9:24am On Dec 04, 2023
IfixPhones:
I track lost or stolen devices or phones at an affordable price
It all starts with a Trial
Contact me via signature below
I lost my brand new phone to one chance but can I make payment after a successful tracking. It’s brand new phone that I’ve not even unbox
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Theunbothered: 9:25am On Dec 04, 2023
KingKO22:
This is not good at all

This is very good, let Nigerians start afresh in a new place. grin
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Vince77(m): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2023
this is only for the US. you can then imagine the numbers if other countries are added.

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by samonak(m): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2023
Hmmm, US Embassy de really cash out oh! B1/B2 visa category fee is $180 (#157k) that one no include money wey u go give agent wey go book date for you. Visa interview dates for 2024 is fully booked the only ones available are for 2025! Agents charge as much as 500k and above just to secure interview dates and there's no guarantee that you'd be given the visa oh! Gaskiya, the Americans de really ball for naija oh!

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Beuberry(f): 9:28am On Dec 04, 2023
God airpus o
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Brendaniel: 9:32am On Dec 04, 2023
anonymous1759:

Stop Grunting like a 🐷 Tinubu has done well for himself and his Generations Tinubu is not the cause of your predicament if you’re tired of Nigeria leave nobody is holding you back.
Urban migration cut across all continent from Africa -Asia-Europe-South America-North America etc grow up . Your candidate should do better next time to become president.

Since you are concluding that anybody complaining about Tinubu's government is a grunting pig, then you are simply saying your Obas, mothers and market women of Ogun state and other supporters who have complained bitterly about Tinubu's government are all grunting pigs and Tinubu is not even bothered about them....

When you want to throw a stone in the market look well so you don't throw the stone on your mother....

5 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by sonofsteven: 9:35am On Dec 04, 2023
And more than half are those insulting USA and saying shits about them online

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by bluefilm: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2023
Sold into slavery...
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Focusmind: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2023
The number seems low compared to what i earlier thought - I was expecting to hear nothing less than 500k.

The high rate of visa refusal in the US embassy has made people to look elsewhere like UK and Canada.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by ceejayluv(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2023
happney65:

So how much do you expect Nigeria to give him as a Doctor? Can Nigeria pay him 3M monthly when he isn't even a consultant. I don't even think consultants are as highly paid as that.

He earning 400K as a Doctor here is still fairly okay.

The work stress might be the issue because they are greatly understaffed and the equipments to work with which isn't okay but talking about pay. How do you expect Nigeria to be able to pay the same with the US.

How? When we dey talk at times make we dey reason well
Unfortunately, the Naira has been devalued so much that 400k cannot really do much. Everyone has the right to seek greener pastures. Doctors graduate every year here, they'll fill up the spaces in no time.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Justinlean02(m): 9:41am On Dec 04, 2023
I interviewed last December 15th, 2022, feels like yesterday. Normally I should feel bad of such missed opportunity but I don't. After the reject got a job with a Chinese startup company SkyMaxy Global Procurement and Logistics haven't looked back since. Japa or no japa life must continue. The interview itself in Abuja was a joke, how can you interview people while others watch and hear all that was asked and answered

6 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:41am On Dec 04, 2023
How many them give visa?
Am sure it's less than 10%
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by yinkeys(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2023
duduade:
E don give one expo

Make sure it's attached to an event

No just go embassy dey lie what is not
Non refundable visa fees
The money they are raking in is crazy
Less than 10% approval rate
There are stories about people that went to other countries to get it because Nigeria is a crazy place

3 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by saysoo: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2023
SportFm:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/japa-us-embassy-says-over-150000-nigerians-interviewed-in-2023/%3famp
Ahh that means we don dey get sense small. Thought the number for reach 20 million or more.

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by planetx: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2023
samonak:
Hmmm, US Embassy de really cash out oh! B1/B2 visa category fee is $180 (#157k) that one no include money wey u go give agent wey go book date for you. Visa interview dates for 2024 is fully booked the only ones available are for 2025! Agents charge as much as 500k and above just to is secure interview dates and there's no guarantee that you'd be given the visa oh! Gaskiya, the Americans de really ball for naija oh!
So they made N23 billion in one year from gullible Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by outliers: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
150,000 then you can imagine how many Canada has interviewed, Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria
Leave Mr Tinubu alone and focus on your grind. He's not your problem. Your so called candidate wouldn't have done it better either. It's a turn by turn thing in Nigeria.

No shades! No offense!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by anonymous1759(m): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

Since you are concluding that anybody complaining about Tinubu's government is a grunting pig, then you are simply saying your Obas, mothers and market women of Ogun state and other supporters who have complained bitterly about Tinubu's government are all grunting pigs and Tinubu is not even bothered about them....

When you want to throw a stone in the market look well so you don't throw the stone on your mother....

Only illeterates , uncivilized , or bitter people complain at the slightest provocation without taking things into account.

I can pardon those elderly people who are illiterates or uncivilized when they complain , but not for people like your who’re a little bit exposed but choose to be unfortunate with your criticism, your likes use your education to incite illiterates to wail so you can feel good about yourself.

You read all through the article you saw when the Ambassador said because of Covid-19 they’ve backlogs to clear yet you blame Tinubu, was Tinubu the president then ?you just like to hate and be bitter that’s the category you fall in,

is Nigeria only the country people migrate ? You expect Tinubu to change Nigeria within 6 months when Nigerians in their respective space take advantage of each other, until we realize we’re part of the problem as a people Nigeria will never be good .

As a business man you feel comfortable having excess profit margin and you don’t see that as corruption , tomorrow when that person becomes a senator how will be have sympathy on his constituency?
Abi na boss for HK wey Dey cut their boys money anyhow? If that wan turn governor he’ll cut the entire state. Nigeria is everyone’s business, until we’ve more of good people from all works of life in Nigeria the country will never be good because that’s where our leaders will come from .

3 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Brendaniel: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2023
anonymous1759:

Only illeterates , uncivilized , or bitter people complain at the slightest provocation without taking things into account.

I can pardon those elderly people who are illiterates or uncivilized when they complain , but not for people like your who’re a little bit exposed but choose to be unfortunate with your criticism, your likes use your education to incite illiterates to wail so you can feel good about yourself.

You read all through the article you saw when the Ambassador said because of Covid-19 they’ve backlogs to clear yet you blame Tinubu, was Tinubu the president then ?you just like to hate and be bitter that’s the category you fall in,

is Nigeria only the country people migrate ? You expect Tinubu to change Nigeria within 6 months when Nigerians in their respective space take advantage of each other, until we realize we’re part of the problem as a people Nigeria will never be good .

As a business man you feel comfortable having excess profit margin and you don’t see that as corruption , tomorrow when that person becomes a senator how will be have sympathy on his constituency?
Abi na boss for HK wey Dey cut their boys money anyhow? If that wan turn governor he’ll cut the entire state. Nigeria is everyone’s business, until we’ve more of good people from all works of life in Nigeria the country will never be good because that’s where our leaders will come from .

Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics since 1999 was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by outliers: 9:54am On Dec 04, 2023
planetx:
So they made N23 billion in one year from gullible Nigerians.
Mr non-gullible. So, you and your family members are exempted abi

No shades! No offense!!
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Greatinanout: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2023
Noted
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by YesDaddyTill203: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2023
lwisee:
... and the government is not bothered.

What do you expect in a country of 200 million with very limited resources?
Even China with too many people have their people all over the world, the same with India.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by YesDaddyTill203: 9:59am On Dec 04, 2023
Japa is not a new thing, people have been leaving this country in droves once the population outgrew the resources.
It was "Andrew must go" in the 80's. That when I left.
Now the population has increased exponentially and the little resources can't take care of the ever growing population.
People will have to travel out just like the Chinese and Indians. It's a matter of too many mouths trying to feed on a limited resources.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Lovemeharder(f): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2023
Nigeria don turn hell.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by anonymous1759(m): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics since 1999 was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria

Stop hating on Tinubu, he only governed Lagos , and Lagos is still far better than the rest of Nigeria. Don’t tell me Lagos is Nigeria’s common wealth . Tinubu had no hand in Buhari’s administration he only supported him . Lastly mention one ☝️ politicians who stand out from the class of 1999? Yar’Adua still remains the best for me.
He openly criticized the election that brought him to power by Obj.
but the likes Of Ekwesili will criticize INEC of today but never did to the same INEC that gave them the platform as Ministers . Current Nigeria leaders forget what to do when they’ve the opportunity to govern but will turn prosecutors when they’re out of office I see that as sheer hypocrisy.

5 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Brendaniel: 10:08am On Dec 04, 2023
outliers:

Leave Mr Tinubu alone and focus on your grind. He's not your problem. Your so called candidate wouldn't have done it better either. It's a turn by turn thing in Nigeria.

No shades! No offense!!

You can also tell that to your Obas, market women and Tinubu supporters who have been complaining about Tinubu's government, you claim my candidate wouldn't have done better, so you are saying no human being can solve Nigeria's problems, if it so then why do we have a country, it is better we don't have a country if you know the country will keep getting worse generation after generation.

I think your statement is an insult to the human race and Nigerians in general just because you want to defend Tinubu, so if Tinubu cannot do it then it means no human being can do it, is he God?

sometimes I feel so ashamed sharing country with people that reason like you. then you claim it is turn by turn, turn by turn for who?

going by your statement, when is it going to be your own turn? so we should all be waiting for our turn or our tribes turn, Tinubu is from your tribe what are you benefiting from his presidency?

why not put someone regardless of tribe that will benefit everybody, everybody cannot be president at the same time, even your tribes man will not benefit you anything there....

I will rather a Yoruba man is there and the country is working for everybody than an Igbo and the country is spoiling....

I feel so ashamed sharing country with people like you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) / Trailer With Container Falls At CMS Busstop Lagos, Causes Traffic Jam / Lagos State To Compensate Victims Of Otedola Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.