Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 (16207 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket / US Embassy Says Visa Services At Abuja Might Resume Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by 1TrippleCee: 11:28am On Dec 04, 2023
Lovemeharder:
Nigeria don turn hell.

Lol. Abeg o
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by leo1234(m): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2023
inoki247:

Lol is Chinese and Indians not also leaving dere country is Nigeria Population up to doz people I mentioned why's there Govt not crying Nigeria Japa Population are not up to Chinese or Indians Japa community...

Everybody should do whatever pleases dem if 10m people can go safe trip at least 10m Jobless people that can't afford Japa will take over derr Job so is a win win....

You don't appreciate the problem yet.
It will be okay if only jobless Nigerians were relocating to seek greener pasture.

Our professionals that are supposed to train the younger ones are leaving in droves. I work in the health sector and the effect of mass relocation is palpable. The ICT sector is not left out. Even universities are currently experiencing severe shortage of lecturers.

Those professionals cannot be replaced easily and that is a national problem.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by highoctane: 11:38am On Dec 04, 2023
So these numbers and interviews inclusive of grannies and aunties who want to US for Omugwo?
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Quebec91(m): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2023
I tell you
MuslimIgbo:
Out of that 150k, I'm sure they won't grant more than 500.

All these embassies just dey use desperate Nigerians to CASH OUT. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Ade1177: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
including me 151,000
150,000 plus you equals 151,000

Lol

Only you be 1,000

Are you going together with all your generation

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Ade1177: 11:49am On Dec 04, 2023
Rating:
Regardless of these numbers, let's not forget that Nigeria is a country of over 200 million people.

By the time you compare the numbers (even with application to other countries), you will know that the whole Japa thing is not as big as the media paints it.

Each time I see japa

I just know that each of them has 5million naira or even 10million naira

With the way they crowd the place

There is no money in Nigeria and you want to use 10m to 20m to go start over

There's alot of money to be made in Nigeria

I wish all of them can go and become nanny, office cleaners and road sweepers

Those that wants to make money and just be visiting those countries for adventure sake and back

Should remain and keep building up the Millions with Zero task

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by CandidAdmin(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2023
anonymous1759:

Well said that's a Nigerian thing which majority of Nigerians do , it's not affiliated to just APC alone .

Can you now understand the point I'm trying to make?

I's just not LP supporters. Every single one of them including APC and PDP.

It's why I feel sad when I see LP supporters shaming APC when infact they know they would not criticize Obi if he was the one in power currently.

Same thing goes for APC supporters. They keep insulting LP supporters when they know they won't defend Obi if he was the one in power currently.

MOST OF US ARE JUST HYPOCRITES!

And that's a fact!

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by IjebuWarrior: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2023
DropsMic:
Black African leaders are a reflection of the people they govern.

πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Pootle: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
inoki247:

Lol the truth is People will still remain if u like Give all Nigerians Visa don't be surprised 60 percent to 70 percent might not leave is just a SM noise....

you very right
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by outliers: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

You can also tell that to your Obas, market women and Tinubu supporters who have been complaining about Tinubu's government, you claim my candidate wouldn't have done better, so you are saying no human being can solve Nigeria's problems, if it so then why do we have a country, it is better we don't have a country if you know the country will keep getting worse generation after generation.

I think your statement is an insult to the human race and Nigerians in general just because you want to defend Tinubu, so if Tinubu cannot do it then it means no human being can do it, is he God?

sometimes I feel so ashamed sharing country with people that reason like you. then you claim it is turn by turn, turn by turn for who?

going by your statement, when is it going to be your own turn? so we should all be waiting for our turn or our tribes turn, Tinubu is from your tribe what are you benefiting from his presidency?

why not put someone regardless of tribe that will benefit everybody, everybody cannot be president at the same time, even your tribes man will not benefit you anything there....

I will rather a Yoruba man is there and the country is working for everybody than an Igbo and the country is spoiling....

I feel so ashamed sharing country with people like you...
Since you feel so ashamed sharing same country with people like me, your dad would have put on a condom the night he had s*x with your mother, that would have prevented a whole lot.

Go get a life dude. Nigeria is not the cause of your problems. I don't have time for your tribalistic sense of humor. You're typing note for me, ozuor.

No shades! No offense!!

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by uuzba(m): 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2023
planetx:
So they made N23 billion in one year from gullible Nigerians.
This our Naira that doesn't have value.
You will package N1200 (one thousand, two hundred naira) before white man will give you only $1 (one dollar).
And we think that is normal? Why not, I give you ONE naira, you give me ONE dollar in exchange?
Why must my own be so worthless?
Untop of all that, they will gather N23 billion Naira from Nigerians and REJECT their visa again.
So you go and sell the whole regions of Nigeria, gather another money and give them...
then they reject that visa again.
Wetin remain to sell give white man for visa fees?

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by SpaceTour: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
How many dem give visa

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
Ade1177:

Lol

Only you be 1,000

Thanks for the correction 150,001
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by treatise: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
fourboys:
Next year go worst
Supported ! grin
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Brendaniel: 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
outliers:

Since you feel so ashamed sharing same country with people like me, your dad would have put on a condom the night he had s*x with your mother, that would have prevented a whole lot.

Go get a life dude. Nigeria is not the cause of your problems. I don't have time for your tribalistic sense of humor. You're typing note for me, ozuor.

No shades! No offense!!

As long as your Obas, your Yoruba mothers and the market women in Yoruba land and Yoruba people are complaining about Tinubu's government then all you said is thrash, it may have been valid if I was I was the only one complaining...
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
duduade:
E don give one expo

Make sure it's attached to an event

No just go embassy dey lie what is not

Please explain further abeg Event??
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Bluntemperor: 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
leo1234:

You don't appreciate the problem yet.
It will be okay if only jobless Nigerians were relocating to seek greener pasture.
Our professionals that are supposed to train the younger ones are leaving in droves. I work in the health sector and the effect of mass relocation is palpable. The ICT sector is not left out. Even universities are currently experiencing severe shortage of lecturers.
Those professionals cannot be replaced easily and that is a national problem.

Beautiful you- you nailed it with your analysis!
Imagine a Medical Doctor takes 8- years or a Consultant -that takes over 12- yrs to become capable,so some Nigerians in their shops or one room office,or living apartments may not understand the gravity of Japa Syndrome now!
The best approach,is for the government ( Federal and States) should devise a means of tackling this menace, from the Global perspectives - not from a lay man point of view!
β€’ A State in Nigeria can even set the ball rolling by given a Wage, Salaries and Allowances, a good Working Environment,Housing,etc - comparable to what is obtainable abroad,as a starting point!

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by noob03saibot(m): 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
Ade1177:

Lol

Only you be 1,000

LOL grin grin grin God abeg o!
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Bluntemperor: 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Can you now understand the point I'm trying to make?
I's just not LP supporters. Every single one of them including APC and PDP.
It's why I feel sad when I see LP supporters shaming APC when infact they know they would not criticize Obi if he was the one in power currently.
Same thing goes for APC supporters. They keep insulting LP supporters when they know they won't defend Obi if he was the one in power currently.
MOST OF US ARE JUST HYPOCRITES!
And that's a fact!

Thank you for your observations!
All the Party-leaders borrowed money, during this 2023 elections, including LP,but they keep their gaulibles audiences,guessing and keep them posted,for another elections time,especially when elections is close nearby!
β€’Don't trust any Politicians because you don't know their ways! Very sleepy and selfish about their interests!
Have they all renders return - including their Political Funds?

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by formenew: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
Awesome
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by ogbonti: 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
HeatSeeker:
Nigerian government needs to step in and take action on this. Foreign embassies are making money from applicants and denying them Visa. There should be a refund or rebate policy implemented to stop this exploitation.

shorrop there - na embassies cause the election of the rigger and forger ? ona leave who ona go attaack begin dey attack who no do ona anything -- your politicians are busy eating away your future buying 160 milla cars and taken prayers in their inbox - you never go scatter where dem dey na embassy u won go face - eeedi ot
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by ednut1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
150,000 then you can imagine how many Canada has interviewed, Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria
no interview for canada visa
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by ednut1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
HeatSeeker:
Nigerian government needs to step in and take action on this. Foreign embassies are making money from applicants and denying them Visa. There should be a refund or rebate policy implemented to stop this exploitation.
does jamb refund fees paid When i got admission there were about 800k applicants and 150k spaces in university and poly that year. Did they force you to apply for visa

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by oluwasegun007(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
Interviewed,

But you didn't say how.many got the visa

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
150,000 then you can imagine how many Canada has interviewed, Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria
Abeg follow Japa , abeg

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Thabothabo101: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Given that there are ~260 working days a year and from the news, ~180,000 interviews for 2023. That would be roughly 700 interviews per working day. That's a lot.

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
The same nanny for developed country will be richer than most of your doctors in Nigerian in less than 1 year. He or she will be able to buy up lands in the village and start a business, while most of those that stayed will still be struggling.

My point is that you should not make fun of those that travel out and get jobs like nanny, because if they are smart, they will grow from there into something bigger and better.

Ade1177:

Each time I see japa

I just know that each of them has 5million naira or even 10million naira

With the way they crowd the place

There is no money in Nigeria and you want to use 10m to 20m to go start over

There's alot of money to be made in Nigeria

I wish all of them can go and become nanny, office cleaners and road sweepers

Those that wants to make money and just be visiting those countries for adventure sake and back

Should remain and keep building up the Millions with Zero task

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
What una need to do is to unite. When united, you defeat all. Nigeria would be very strong, if they were united. But lack of unity, na him make country be as e be. No be white man do una, na una do unaself.

uuzba:

This our Naira that doesn't have value.
You will package N1200 (one thousand, two hundred naira) before white man will give you only $1 (one dollar).
And we think that is normal? Why not, I give you ONE naira, you give me ONE dollar in exchange?
Why must my own be so worthless?
Untop of all that, they will gather N23 billion Naira from Nigerians and REJECT their visa again.
So you go and sell the whole regions of Nigeria, gather another money and give them...
then they reject that visa again.
Wetin remain to sell give white man for visa fees?

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
Example could be that you're going for a boxing match, a UFC fight, a golf tournament, a Beyonce concert, a soccer game, a 90th birthday celebration of your grandfather who lives in America.

These events have a date, so that forces them to make a decision on time, and that moves your application to the front.

IJEYdiamond:

Please explain further abeg Event??

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by uuzba(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
kris:
What una need to do is to unite. When united, you defeat all. Nigeria would be very strong, if they were united. But lack of unity, na him make country be as e be. No be white man do una, na una do unaself.

Well some basic rules must be agreed to before unity will work.
1. We are all of different tribes. So nobody should speak his tribe language when we unit. We must all speak English.
2. No tribe mus feel that he is the one superior to other tribes.
3. Anywhere a person is born, that is the person's state of origin.
4. Any tribe can buy land, live and marry in any part of the country.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Ade1177: 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2023
kris:
The same nanny for developed country will be richer than most of your doctors in Nigerian in less than 1 year. He or she will be able to buy up lands in the village and start a business, while most of those that stayed will still be struggling.

My point is that you should not make fun of those that travel out and get jobs like nanny, because if they are smart, they will grow from there into something bigger and better.

I'm sure you are in Nigeria

You are part of those that believe

You make money abroad in Pounds and start calculating it in naira ba?

You make the money and spend it in pounds

Even if you life like a pauper and not buy anything I mean anything atall

You can't become a millionaire just because you are earning in pounds

You can starve yourself for 1yr and spend the money by coming back home to become a millionaire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State To Compensate Victims Of Otedola Bridge / Trailer With Container Falls At CMS Busstop Lagos, Causes Traffic Jam / Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.