Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 (16161 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket / US Embassy Says Visa Services At Abuja Might Resume Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2023
Comparable to what is obtained abroad? grin

Make you look at salaries abroad before you talk o! Even driving Uber for US you can be making easily 1.5 million naira a week. Yes a week.
Maybe your government can pay comparable salaries if they stop stealing, but I'm sure they don't want to stop stealing.

I believe that Nigeria can be great, but it will require unity. When we are united, we will do great things.

Bluntemperor:

Beautiful you- you nailed it with your analysis!
Imagine a Medical Doctor takes 8- years or a Consultant -that takes over 12- yrs to become capable,so some Nigerians in their shops or one room office,or living apartments may not understand the gravity of Japa Syndrome now!
The best approach,is for the government ( Federal and States) should devise a means of tackling this menace, from the Global perspectives - not from a lay man point of view!
• A State in Nigeria can even set the ball rolling by given a Wage, Salaries and Allowances, a good Working Environment,Housing,etc - comparable to what is obtainable abroad,as a starting point!
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2023
Yes, that's how it is in the US. And if I move from Colorado to Texas or any other state, I just need to go get the ID or drivers license and I will become a resident of that state and I can enjoy every rights in that state.

Even though it's clear that I'm originally from Nigeria, nobody can deny me anything once I get the ID or drivers license of the state. And if anybody does, then they are breaking the law, and I have a great chance of winning in court and being compensate.

uuzba:

Well some basic rules must be agreed to before unity will work.
1. We are all of different tribes. So nobody should speak his tribe language when we unit. We must all speak English.
2. No tribe mus feel that he is the one superior to other tribes.
3. Anywhere a person is born, that is the person's state of origin.
4. Any tribe can buy land, live and marry in any part of the country.

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by nwosu1234: 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
Why are you so sure that I'm in Nigeria?

What does it take to become a millionaire in Naira? A little over $1,000 right?
Any nanny for the US can become a millionaire in Naira easy.

Ade1177:

I'm sure you are in Nigeria

You are part of those that believe

You make money abroad in Pounds and start calculating it in naira ba?

You make the money and spend it in pounds

Even if you life like a pauper and not buy anything I mean anything atall

You can't become a millionaire just because you are earning in pounds

You can starve yourself for 1yr and spend the money by coming back home to become a millionaire

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by femi4: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
fourboys:
Next year go worst
The population won't feel it . What percentage of 200 million is 150k
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
kris:
Example could be that you're going for a boxing match, a UFC fight, a golf tournament, a Beyonce concert, a soccer game, a 90th birthday celebration of your grandfather who lives in America.

These events have a date, so that forces them to make a decision on time, and that moves your application to the front.

Ohhh... thank you...
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by LyfeJennings(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2023
Americans have devised a means to put Nigerians at arm's length
The backlog and long date is deliberate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Bluntemperor: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

What is the population of India compared to Nigeria and why are Americans not running to Nigeria the way we are running to their country?

Population - density:
- India-----1.4 Billion People
- China ----1.4Billion People-(size of Afr)
-America---333 Millions
- Nigeria----200+Millions.
Germany --- 85mill.
UK. .......61Mill
You can see why Nigeria is Superior in Population wise,with untapped
Natural Resources!
• Our Leaders - Past Heads and Present Leaders - holding the Executive,Ministers, MIDAS-(Min & depts), National Assembly Senators and House of Reps),State Assembly- who are Collaborators to Nigerian Masses - to loot the Nation dry!
•All these Corruption have effects today on Nigerians( whether East,West, North or South)- as Basic Amenities - like Water,Power( Lights) ,good Roads,Housing, InterCity-Railways, Qualitative Education, Manufacturing, Employments of Youths,etc- needs Money and is given Japa- Syndromes/ Migration of the Youths a New Phenomenon!
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by NAC1666: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2023
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by lastkingsman: 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2023
ednut1:
does jamb refund fees paid When i got admission there were about 800k applicants and 150k spaces in university and poly that year. Did they force you to apply for visa

Nigeria govt no send anybody papa, you are on your own grin
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by tonero230(m): 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
150,000 then you can imagine how many Canada has interviewed, Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria

He refused to tell us how many were granted visa

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Ade1177: 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2023
kris:
Why are you so sure that I'm in Nigeria?

What does it take to become a millionaire in Naira? A little over $1,000 right?
Any nanny for the US can become a millionaire in Naira easy.

Exactly keep calculating in naira

Is naira spent in US or UK?

Talking as you make the $1,000

You won't spend for yourself atall in dollars

You'll keep it all and not pay bills in the same dollars

You'll convert the full $1,000 dollars to naira and spend it

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Qoko: 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2023
Was 50,000 granted the visa? Cos my brother and 2 daughters went and returned with their 2022 visa, not every emigrants has the mind to Japastic.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Deasegun19(m): 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2023
femi4:
The population won't feel it . What percentage of 200 million is 150k

0.08%
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Bluntemperor: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
Qoko:
Was 50,000 granted the visa? Cos my brother and 2 daughters went and returned with their 2022 visa, not every emigrants has the mind to Japastic.

GBAM!
Good question for the American Envoy and their Embassies in Nigeria!
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2023
You are welcome.

IJEYdiamond:

Ohhh... thank you...

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Probz(m): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2023
Half of them need to stay back or at least be banned from vlogging about JAPA struggles. We don’t want to hear it. The Onuoras, Ijaw sailors, single-mum aunties and Bolades who migrated everywhere between Scotland and Australia between the 1930s and 90s faced much worse hardship to be met with but they just got on with it and made and contributed to rich Nigerian communities. And they acclamatised with the world/uwa. These latest JAPA anyhows aren’t worth the ground they walk on. Whether it’s red-sanded or snow-coated. Let them rest and stay where they are. They are not the quality of migrants that sacrificed and preserved a lot as recently as a couple of years ago, to be honest. It’s like a case of the most defective of the Europeans getting shipped off to America/Canada and Australia (as was the case in history) but not realising where they are and not making an identity for themselves. Latest ndu Japa seem to think that Nigeria’s the only country in the world. I’m not saying every single Japa migrant be like that but it’s a very concerning number. Very concerning. And they have, like, such a myopic view of the world (allow the California valley girl intonation implied in this sentence, because that’s, like, totally not how Probz talks).

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
My guy, we are talking about someone wey japa from Nigeria to US and then coming back to Nigeria, or just sending money back home to buy up properties and starting business in Nigeria, in naira.

Yes you can pay your bills and still save. You have to be smart with your money and not get sucked into the system of spending money you don't have.

Ade1177:

Exactly keep calculating in naira

Is naira spent in US or UK?

Talking as you make the $1,000

You won't spend for yourself atall in dollars

You'll keep it all and not pay bills in the same dollars

You'll convert the full $1,000 dollars to naira and spend it
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
grin You cannot use the word "emigrants". Emigrant means "a person who leaves their own country in order to settle permanently in another."

So if they came back and never had intentions to stay, they are not emigrants.

Qoko:
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by kris(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
Of course they hope that most people will go and not stay. There was a time that it was not this hard, that was when Nigeria's economy was good and people went and came back.

The embassy even gives visas knowing that some of those will stay. The reason being that they have a quota to meet in letting people into the US, people they know will become citizen in the future. They know the power of diversity, so they want immigrants, they just don't want too many from one country or region. Because that's how balance is maintained. They prefer to get the smartest ones, but they also give some opportunities to people that are not so smart.

Bluntemperor:

GBAM!
Good question for the American Envoy and their Embassies in Nigeria!
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Ade1177: 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2023
kris:
My guy, we are talking about someone wey japa from Nigeria to US and then coming back to Nigeria, or just sending money back home to buy up properties and starting business in Nigeria, in naira.

Yes you can pay your bills and still save. You have to be smart with your money and not get sucked into the system of spending money you don't have.

Better

You just put it right
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by hkidola00(m): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
HeatSeeker:
Nigerian government needs to step in and take action on this. Foreign embassies are making money from applicants and denying them Visa. There should be a refund or rebate policy implemented to stop this exploitation.
im interested in this...how can this topic be passed to the legislative arm for discussion,I guess going to my district senator
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by hkidola00(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
Think9ja:

If 10M people comot for Nigeria, how many go remain? Abi you think say we plenty as we de claim? North just get land without people. Abuja crime rate high na because enough space de to escape after a crime, due to lack of commercial activities. E no choke like Lagos. We no plenty as we de claim ooo
I travel and I see bush bush by road...I don dey doubt national population commission
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Bluntemperor: 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
kris:
Of course they hope that most people will go and not stay. There was a time that it was not this hard, that was when Nigeria's economy was good and people went and came back.

The embassy even gives visas knowing that some of those will stay. The reason being that they have a quota to meet in letting people into the US, people they know will become citizen in the future. They know the power of diversity, so they want immigrants, they just don't want too many from one country or region. Because that's how balance is maintained. They prefer to get the smartest ones, but they also give some opportunities to people that are not so smart.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by femi4: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2023
Deasegun19:

0.08%
That's negligible. Until we have 10% of the population out there, we can start getting worried
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Justinlean02(m): 8:39am On Dec 05, 2023
Ebubu:
was it a student visa?
Yea student Visa University of Central Missouri.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Justinlean02(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2023
madridguy:
The interview is just mere formality to chop peoples money. Just standing infront of interview officer like bank teller and customer. I follow person go na the guy dey tell me say everyone dey hear another person questions and answer. Ask few questions and send you grin

I was so disappointed and discouraged at the spot cuz my interview was prepared along with my guy and after screening we ended up next to each other. My next visit there the interviewer is going to answers with a question tire cause I'll throw back answers with questions cause heck they're even enjoying for my country self as expatriates
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Deasegun19(m): 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
femi4:
That's negligible. Until we have 10% of the population out there, we can start getting worried

Note that's just the US ooo.

Add up other countries
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Love800(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
What are the visa categories?
BreconHills:
You do you conflate the number of visa aplications/grants to Japa? I got for self, wife and child this year - we've gone out and are back in with no desire to japa whatsoever.

If you dug a little more you would have an idea of the various visa categories including settlement types and that granularity would enable you assess if indeed such large numbers are fleeing to America.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Love800(m): 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2023
Why did u leave with a student visa, and u got a job?
Justinlean02:
Yea student Visa University of Central Missouri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) / Arik Air Introduces N16, 000 Promo Fare, Releases New Kaduna Schedule / Protest At Abuja Airport As Dana Air Delays Flight For 7 Hours (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.