Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 (16202 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Ukrainian Embassy Says Nigerian Volunteer Fighters To Pay $1000 For Visa, Ticket / US Embassy Says Visa Services At Abuja Might Resume Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by tolue42(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
150,000 then you can imagine how many Canada has interviewed, Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria

You people are so daft. I purposely copy this link for you. Is indian not better than Nigeria? Why do they have over 1m US visa applicants ??

People have been traveling since time memorial. Tinubu or no Tinubu.

https://thepienews.com/news/us-1-million-indian-visas-2023/#:~:text=Bookmark%20the%20permalink.,processing%201%20million%20India%20visas.

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by TUBLEZ(m): 10:10am On Dec 04, 2023
SportFm:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/japa-us-embassy-says-over-150000-nigerians-interviewed-in-2023/%3famp
and out of this 150,000 , how many were granted? 150,000 X 72,000 =10.8Billion
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Brendaniel: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2023
tolue42:

You people are so daft. I purposely copy this link for you. Is indian not better than Nigeria? Why do they have over 1m US visa applicants ??

People have been traveling since time memorial. Tinubu or no Tinubu.

https://thepienews.com/news/us-1-million-indian-visas-2023/#:~:text=Bookmark%20the%20permalink.,processing%201%20million%20India%20visas.

What is the population of India compared to Nigeria and why are Americans not running to Nigeria the way we are running to their country?
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2023
including me 151,000
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by tolue42(m): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

What is the population of India compared to Nigeria and why are Americans not running to Nigeria the way we are running to their country?

India is 1.4m, so will you say 150k applications for 200m people is bad or too much? Think am naaaa.

We don't need to criticize for criticizing sake.

At least India president is amongst the best in the world currently, why are the citizens traveling??
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by bonnyhope: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2023
Funkyswagzz:
This is the reason I commend the activities of the new minister who is working effortlessly to make sure more people japa. I'm very happy with his hard work I pray we find more like him that has the interest of its citizens at heart

International passport is not the only hurdle to JAPA
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Joy2dworldxyz: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2023
What's the percentage of that to our population?

Wanna check something
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by madridguy(m): 10:20am On Dec 04, 2023
The interview is just mere formality to chop peoples money. Just standing infront of interview officer like bank teller and customer. I follow person go na the guy dey tell me say everyone dey hear another person questions and answer. Ask few questions and send you grin

Justinlean02:
I interviewed last December 15th, 2022, feels like yesterday. Normally I should feel bad of such missed opportunity but I don't. After the reject got a job with a Chinese startup company SkyMaxy Global Procurement and Logistics haven't looked back since. Japa or no japa life must continue. The interview itself in Abuja was a joke, how can you interview people while others watch and hear all that was asked and answered

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by dododawa1: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2023
It too SMALL

We be 200 million NIGERIANS

200,000,000 - 150,000

?
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by bonnyhope: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
Out of that 150k, I'm sure they won't grant more than 500.

All these embassies just dey use desperate Nigerians to CASH OUT. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No pain no gain

If anyone successfully crossed the border the money spent becomes a history and is recovered in foreign currency

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by bonnyhope: 10:25am On Dec 04, 2023
Think9ja:
Shey no be this same US weh one werey fit just wake up begin shoot anyhow?

US good for tourism, not living

Wetin concern me, I no even get passport sef

Bandits/ Boko haram kill everyday in the North
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by inoki247: 10:27am On Dec 04, 2023
Think9ja:

If 10M people comot for Nigeria, how many go remain? Abi you think say we plenty as we de claim? North just get land without people. Abuja crime rate high na because enough space de to escape after a crime, due to lack of commercial activities. E no choke like Lagos. We no plenty as we de claim ooo

Lol make 10m leave first at least other jobless ones that can't afford the fees to Japa will take over derr job is all SM Noise Nigerians Japa Population no reach Chinis or Indians even in this same Africa go other countries Chinis nd Indians are more than Nigeria....

Our own noise too much....

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Ebubu: 10:30am On Dec 04, 2023
Justinlean02:
I interviewed last December 15th, 2022, feels like yesterday. Normally I should feel bad of such missed opportunity but I don't. After the reject got a job with a Chinese startup company SkyMaxy Global Procurement and Logistics haven't looked back since. Japa or no japa life must continue. The interview itself in Abuja was a joke, how can you interview people while others watch and hear all that was asked and answered
was it a student visa?
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by NOwazobia: 10:31am On Dec 04, 2023
That is just the US alone oooo,

when you add other countries, then it is over 1 million Nigerians that were interviewed in 2023. 🙆

2 Likes

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2023
bonnyhope:

International passport is not the only hurdle to JAPA

At least it's part of it

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Rating(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2023
Regardless of these numbers, let's not forget that Nigeria is a country of over 200 million people.

By the time you compare the numbers (even with application to other countries), you will know that the whole Japa thing is not as big as the media paints it.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Brendaniel: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2023
tolue42:

India is 1.4m, so will you say 150k applications for 200m people is bad or too much? Think am naaaa.

We don't need to criticize for criticizing sake.

At least India president is amongst the best in the world currently, why are the citizens traveling??

India used to be poverty capital of the world and now Nigeria has taken over, so out of all the countries in the world you chose one of the worst, why didn't you choose China if you are looking for numbers?

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Dafresh: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2023
AntiChristian:
150k out of 200M? That's 0.00075%!

Even if 1M japa that's still like 0.005% of the population!
did you add other countries na only USA be country way de this world
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by leo1234(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2023
inoki247:
Safe trip to them all...

With all the Noise I think say dem go reach like 10m....

Stop been insensitive to our national problems.

The question should be why are people running away from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by CandidAdmin(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2023
anonymous1759:

Only bitter people complain at the slightest provocation without taking things into account.
I can pardon those elderly people who are illiterates when they complain, but not for people like you who’re a little bit exposed but choose to be unfortunate with your criticism, your likes use your education to incite illiterates to wail so you can feel good about yourself.
You read all through the article you saw when the Ambassador said because of Covid-19 they’ve backlogs to clear yet you blame Tinubu, was Tinubu the president then ?you just like to hate and be bitter that’s the category you fall in
Anyone who expects Tinubu to change Nigeria within six monthp is a dumbass, AGREED!
However, since this government has refused to call out bubu's government means they are birds of the same feather.
APC members called out OBJ's misadministration, same with GEJ.
So what happened after bubu's own when we all know bubu's own wasn't any different?
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by AntiChristian: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2023
Dafresh:
did you add other countries na only USA be country way de this world

Sorry!

Let's assume 10 million Nigerians japa. It's 0.05%
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Zhunnurayn(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2023
inoki247:
Safe trip to them all...

With all the Noise I think say dem go reach like 10m....

10m to US alone, you want only the president and few people to remain by 2027 grin
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by inoki247: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2023
leo1234:

Stop been insensitive to our national problems.

The question should be why are people running away from Nigeria.

Lol is Chinese and Indians not also leaving dere country is Nigeria Population up to doz people I mentioned why's there Govt not crying Nigeria Japa Population are not up to Chinese or Indians Japa community...

Everybody should do whatever pleases dem if 10m people can go safe trip at least 10m Jobless people that can't afford Japa will take over derr Job so is a win win....
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Abrahamweb(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2023
AntiChristian:

You maths is incomplete.
These are the ones for USA, just one country.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by BreconHills(m): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2023
You do you conflate the number of visa aplications/grants to Japa? I got for self, wife and child this year - we've gone out and are back in with no desire to japa whatsoever.

If you dug a little more you would have an idea of the various visa categories including settlement types and that granularity would enable you assess if indeed such large numbers are fleeing to America.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Bluntemperor: 10:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Attention To USA Envoy- Mr David Greene:
With due respect,Sir,how many of this 150,000 Nigerians,did US Embassy granted Visa to go to America?
•Statistics shows that many , large quantities of Nigerians were refused at the Embassy,on Flimsy Excuses!
• Example of a Student,who was going to University in America - for his Master Programme -specifically, at Illinois University - was denied,with his wife - without asking questions,as the Embassy Officer -just printed out- a ready-made-instructions from his Computer, handed it over to him but meanwhile every thing the denial letter was saying was with the couple there,in from of your Official!
•That is unfair of your Embassy Staff/ Officer,here in Abuja!
If this is how Nigerians are treated,then too bad!
Meanwhile,your Embassy are saying they should come and pay again,if,they wanted to Re- apply! You could have asked for the School Letter of Admission,etc,but your Embassy Official in the Interview did nothing to denied it- for No Reason,at all!
-Do you know the huge Sums involved, whenever Nigerians go to Embassy for your Visa and others?
-Does it means,your Embassy (and other Foreign Embassies) -is using it to make huge money for American Government,but are silently doing it to frustrate Nigerians, with genuine businesses and genuine intentions!
•For Education Programs for Students- are genuine-Pursuit and a Right that should be considered and No excuse in this denial is tenable,by your Embassy !
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by Emmerlee(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2023
AntiChristian:

You go fear maths na. Is this how you were taught percentages in school? Pity cry
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by samonak(m): 11:01am On Dec 04, 2023
planetx:
So they made N23 billion in one year from gullible Nigerians.
That's just B1/B2 (Travel and Tourism) you've not considered other visa categories which is higher in cost

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by SoNature(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
150,000 then you can imagine how many Canada has interviewed, Tinubu's involvement in Nigeria's politics was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria

I'm even considering how much the US embassy makes off Nigerians.

If you estimate that the average price of the visa in Nigeria is $185, it means 150k multiplied by the number. That's over $27 million. I don't want to change that to naira because the figures will be astronomical.

That's why they want to build a state-of-the-art consulate on Eko Atlantic. Those guys are making so much money.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by adicius: 11:15am On Dec 04, 2023
150,000, that's roughly 500 interviews every weekday, in Nigeria, that's not possible. He is talking nonsense.
Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by anonymous1759(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Anyone who expects Tinubu to change Nigeria within six monthp is a dumbass, AGREED!
However, since this government has refused to call out bubu's government means they are birds of the same feather.
APC members called out OBJ's misadministration, same with GEJ.
So what happened after bubu's own when we all know bubu's own wasn't any different?

Well said that’s a Nigerian thing which majority of Nigerians do , it’s not affiliated to just APC alone . As long it’s not my brother or sister in charge I won’t criticize.
When GEJ government favored the SS/SE with appointment they never complained , that’s people from SS/SE, we heard all sorts of things like , it’s Niger Delta money , quota system should be abolished let’s pick the best of the best irrespective of which tribe .

I remember Yorubas complained then Igbos insulted them here on Niarland , same people who supported GEJ lopsided appointment are crying wolf now .

Same APC who were crying marginalization of Appointment then is doing the same thing today because the ball it’s in their courts .

If you’re expecting APC to criticize PMB you’ll wait till eternity but the ones crying hypocritical tears now under PDP and LP will never criticize their own too that’s why I don’t take their criticism seriously because it’s not genuine.

The only genuine president we’d was YarAdua who criticize the election that brought him to power. Unlike the ones today who only praise the INEC or Judiciary if things go their way and criticize if it doesn’t. Nigerian citizens needs to change from within .

1 Like

Re: Japa: US Embassy Says Over 150,000 Nigerians Interviewed In 2023 by teebaxy(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2023
HeatSeeker:
Nigerian government needs to step in and take action on this. Foreign embassies are making money from applicants and denying them Visa. There should be a refund or rebate policy implemented to stop this exploitation.
How much salary do you think those guys interviewing you are paid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) / Lagos State To Compensate Victims Of Otedola Bridge / Trailer With Container Falls At CMS Busstop Lagos, Causes Traffic Jam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.