Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody (18630 Views)

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s / My Wife Threatened To Kill / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by BRATISLAVA: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2023
Prospertochu:
My x wife and I share 3 children together ( 4 years old triplets 2 boys 1 girl). I live in another state due to the nature of my job.

The girl lives with her in Lagos and the boys are with my mother and sister in the village. I rented another apartment for them far away because I don't want my x or her family to come and kidnapped my boys the same way she kidnapped the girl .

My x wife and daughter are going to the village for xmas she want me to give her my mum adress so she can see the boys she said she bought plenty gifts for them .

I refused because the last time she visited she took all 3 children to her parents house only for her to kidnapped the girl leaving behind the boys.

I don't want her to kidnapped my boys and she has threatened to take me to court for custody she said the judge will grant her custody because the children are tender .

I told her to go ahead and report me anywhere she wants. I am scared to loose my boys. I love them so much they are my everything I won't bear to lose them.

My boys are only 4 years old is it true that the judge will grant her custody because they are tender ?

Edited 1 : https://www.nairaland.com/7112098/x-wife-demanding-me-more#112551530

Edited 2: https://www.nairaland.com/7436944/ex-wife-kidnapped-daughter#118450454

Your post is very irritating.

Your wife kidnapped your daughter, but you who believes you own them, the best you could do is send your sons away and dump them with someone else because you need to prove a point. She birthed them, they are hers too.

You aren't even caring for them, and don't intend on being a primary carer to them, but because you're settling scores you won't let them live with her.

When they grow up, if you don't poison them thoroughly, they will resent you for your current deeds. You think it's about your "money".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by We4all: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2023
royalfly:

Wonder what. He should rent house for the ex cos of the kids? Have u followed the story b4 now, do u know the pain he has felt always this while. Some people just want to sound woke and forget reality. If u have never been through things like this u will never know the pain. He never wanted the family apart. She can't eat her cake and have it

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I have followed the story and know he wasn't smart enough to marry a good wife. Why must his kids pay for his bad choices? Who asked him to marry a bad wife in the first place?

So, because his ex wife is bad, he should neglect the kids welfare, right? Have you ever heard of 'spousal support'? No court gives a damn whether your ex wife is bad or wanted to kill you.

As long as you have kids together, then you must put your ego aside and support them. That is the price a man has to pay for choosing a wrong partner. It is only in Nigeria that dumb men punish their kids for mistakes made by their ex wives.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by royalfly(m): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Unless you are sure she's not a good mum and will be a bad influence on the boys, please let her have them, they need her at this age and I don't think your mother and sister can take care of them like she will. Settle amicably and out of courts if possible

Well said, I know someone who has three kids. The woman left. Before she left, she asked that she takes the last one and leave the rest. The man told her either u take them all or leave all of them. She left, before then she stated that the kids are not for the man and that she is sleeping with certain people,, which was confirmed by people that she said that. As a matter of fact both parents of the couple confirmed that she even said when she gave birth to the first child. The guy managed to carry on with life with her. She would constantly pick up quarrel and run to her parents house for months. In one of this episode she found out she was pregnant after almost two months and came back to the house after settlement before she left thus last time. School was to resume, the guy sent money for school supply as she requested and was begged not to change the children school. She used the money to change the school, and said it was for convenience and the money the guy sent is for what he owes her. NOW THE GUY HAS LEFT HER TO TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS GIVEN WHAT SHE SAID AND HER ATTITUDE. NOW SHE GATHERS THE KIDS TO SAY AMEN AS SHE INSULTS THE MAN AND SENDS AS VOICE NOTE. WOULD U BLAME THE MAN FOR NOT INVOLVING HIMSELF WITH HER OR THE KIDS. THE GUY IS INCONSTQNT PAIN NOW. RESEMBLANCE MAKES HIM FEEL THE KIDS ARE HIS AND HE SHOULD DO SOMETHING. BUT ALL THIS, ITS THE MAN TO BLAME? THESE WOMEN CAN BE WICKED. NOTE THIS GUY HAS BEEN DOING ALL HE CAN FOR HER AND THE KIDS WHILE THERE WHERE HOME. WHAT DO U HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS?
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by LadyRosa2(f): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
WorldRichest:

She will not any any child, in fact, the one with her will be taken away if the guy can prove that the ex wife is mentally unstable, that's what Femi Fani Kayode proved against that bleached Olosho who had triplets for him. So stop talking through your anus

Idiot! FEMI Oloriburuku kayode can only pull such in a bastardized banana Republic. Stop 'spitting' through your ballz

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by LadyRosa2(f): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
MrFly:
very soon u will be in her shoes ok? Divorce no dey tire una

I will never be depressed like your mother.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by LadyRosa2(f): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
Akabuking:
if it's with someone like me, see you in court then

If it's someone like me,you'd never be alive to see the court.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by royalfly(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
We4all:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I have followed the story and know he wasn't smart enough to marry a good wife. Why must his kids pay for his bad choices? Who asked him to marry a bad wife in the first place?

So, because his ex wife is bad, he should neglect the kids welfare, right? Have you ever heard of 'spousal support'? No court gives a damn whether your ex wife is bad or wanted to kill you.

As long as you have kids together, then you must put your ego aside and support them. That is the price a man has to pay for choosing a wrong partner. It is only in Nigeria that dumb men punish their kids for mistakes made by their ex wives.

Well thank God this nigeria, we are dumb, no problem, let's leave it that way. Early Nigerian ways or culture, women don't run away with kids when they want to leave and if they do, they know it's thier duty to take care of that kids. Thats the Nigerian way we dont need no foreign ways. He is not punishing the kids, the woman is the one punishing the kids with her decision. It's only when it's the man that trew them away u can say that. Its a pity what we have all become.
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by b4ball: 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
Mindlog:

I. She does not need to have the financial means because the court would mandate the father to make provision for the children.
2. He has to prove with pictorial and video evidence that she is involved in a lifestyle that endangers children.
3. A psychiatrist has to prove with clinical assessment that she is mentally not stable, a woman in Nigeria not having a job or her own accommodation are not minus when considering custody, men have been told to pay for the rent where the ex-wife and the kids would live.
4. He has to bring to the court, documentary proof that she has remarried.
I will assume you have never had any court dealings and have never been involved in a custody case, either directly or indirectly as most of your assumptions are false. I have, and did win as a man a custody case against my ex wife on the following grounds:

1) She has no known address. You must have a place of your own to demand custody. Her efforts to use her siblings addresses did not pull through.

2) She did not have any known source of income. Having custody means you can handle some form of responsibility with or without the other partner.

3) I was able to prove with audio and text evidences her infidelity, which showed the court that while I was out of the country, she not only had sexual affairs, but took my kids to t he houses of her affair partner. Thereby endangering them in the course of her infidelity. She was found to be a bad moral compass for the kids. Guess their ages; male 4 and female 2+ then.

How did I get her audio confession, I tricked her into believing there was a hope for reconciliation if she opened up on all that happened, which she did and sent over via whatsapp since I was not yet back then. And she spilled all in hopes it would save the marriage.

What am I saying in essence, the flawed thinking that a woman gets custody simply because she is a woman is fallacy.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Theweekend: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
JALOZIE:
why don't you allow the woman to take care of her children ? don't you think she will be in a better position to take care of the kids than your mum and sister? the only thing you have to do is to make sure you take care of their needs ,visit them when you can . you can not loose the kids if you do the needful .
are u saying he is not in a better way to take care of his children
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by We4all: 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2023
royalfly:

Well thank God this nigeria, we are dumb, no problem, let's leave it that way. Early Nigerian ways or culture, women don't run away with kids when they want to leave and if they do, they know it's thier duty to take care of that kids. Thats the Nigerian way we dont need no foreign ways. He is not punishing the kids, the woman is the one punishing the kids with her decision. It's only when it's the man that trew them away u can say that. Its a pity what we have all become.

Keep justifying nonsense. You remember you are African when its convenient, right? The early culture you mentioned, were the men not the sole provider? If he was providing enough to cater for his family, would she have run away?

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by royalfly(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hotice085:

Why are you both treating the triplets like this?
If she goes to court you will lose, and also be paying monthly dues better you allow her to take care of them and they be coming for holidays to stay with you

This is strictly, Nigeria for crying out loud. Do u know how many men thier wives av taken to the court and the man never showed up.its only those that want to be in court goes to court. It's a pity cos I will use every needs necessary to make sure the woman who takes me to court looses.
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by gidjah(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobo naira m kobo junkie , how are you today ?you sound amazing ,this is good on you o !where do you reside ?.Honestly I side you on this ,it's better he looses Thier custody than cause those kids to loose out of perfect and full parental care.I knew what I suffered being out of parental custody, till date I shall never wish same for anyone.Why should him a d his wife sef seperate just after four years and with triplets for God sake ? It's weird o!can't people just be tollerant ,?what has Hollywood and Nollywood done to us all ?
Kobojunkie:
You say you have the boys but from your own OP, they don't live with you as instead you left them with relatives in the village. So technically, you don't have the boys. Due to the nature of your job, you can't be with the kids during this time that they need at least a parent to care for them so why not allow your wife havd them all until they are old enough and your job no longer keeps you from being with them? undecided

You both ought to seek shared custody of the kids so she can care for them while you can visit them when you are not working but you holding the boys hostage by dumping them in the village is not something any sane person would want for children of that age. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Ekeneegwu(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Suits you .. your type are clear examples of Simp who declined to listen to advice from wiser folks but Love and konji no gree you focus … enjoy your marital bliss bro ..
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by gidjah(m): 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2023
THANK you sir, I can see ego flying around this two birds! They weren't even mature for marriage before they two jumped into it.would have tot it was because they are wealthy but op said he was struggling when she flied away??may be I am missing something here!
Mindlog:

The boys are not even living with you but with relatives, that counts against you as you are not in a position to be the primary care giver of the boys.

They are triplets, their separation is not good for their overall development as they have to live and grow under the same roof irrespective of the issues between you and their mother, they are not slices of bread that each of you would choose the ones you want.

Get your state's social care/welfare office involved, to work out an arrangement that would benefit the triplets and that would be in the direction of the 3 children living with their mother while you make provisions for them in terms of feeding, education, healthcare etc and also arrange how often you go visit them, if possible work out time they can come spend some of their school holidays with you and video calling them on WhatsApp must be regular.

In as much as you feel that your mother and sister have been taking good care of the boys, they are just the boys' grandmother and aunt, not their mother who is still alive and not clinically diagnosed to be mentally unstable nor abusing substances.

You both should not allow your egos lead to using your children' lives as a battlefield.

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by royalfly(m): 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
We4all:

Keep justifying nonsense. You remember you are African when its convenient, right? The early culture you mentioned, were the men not the sole provider? If he was providing enough to cater for his family, would she have run away?

Who in nigeria as a man caters enough now without a big farm. My roots can never change, my flowers may change as seasons come. His only bad is marrying a bad wife. That is the truth, he married a bad wife. Are you married? See there good women out there and may God bless them. It's difficult for him bro, you can only appease to him to see reasons but not shame or bully him to seeing it. There are few options right now for him. Holding on to those kids is why he us serving and seeing a reason to carry on with life. Do you how many mebs life has been ruined by the stupid actions of these women. Forgive my earlier insult. I admit I should av controlled my fingers, but the truth is, he should never rent a house for her. If I was him I would let her kidnap the two boys and I would not even fight it. More reason not to send money to her, the kids will find him latter. It's difficult, he will struggle but let him focus on himself. Cos those kids will never be the same when raised by thier mother. So indirectly he has no kids. He needs to start afresh there is nothing to fight for here. For the guys case I mentioned earlier. He has given up, though struggling but time should do its work. And the was the one taking care of everything g. Though the woman claims that even though the money he gives her for upkeep of the house is not enough so she adds her own. The guy is bot aware if this as anytime the money finishes she is always going to fight him according to him. So logically she does nothing in the house. With such scenario what do u think
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by cococandy(f): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2023
They never want to actually care for the children. Just take them to punish the wives and then dump them with a relative whose never going to have the same level of love and devotion to the kids as their biological parents would.
Kobojunkie:
You say you have the boys but from your own OP, they don't live with you as instead you left them with relatives in the village. So technically, you don't have the boys. Due to the nature of your job, you can't be with the kids during this time that they need at least a parent to care for them so why not allow your wife havd them all until they are old enough and your job no longer keeps you from being with them? undecided

You both ought to seek shared custody of the kids so she can care for them while you can visit them when you are not working but you holding the boys hostage by dumping them in the village is not something any sane person would want for children of that age. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by stagger: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Yes!
Of she gets a very good lawyer,especially those hot head human rights/family lawyers, she gets ALL the kids. You will have visitation rights and will be paying for their upkeep.

If I'm in her shoes, my lawyer would have handed me those kids since.

Complete bullcrap.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by BananaPeel(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
Prospertochu:
My x wife and I share 3 children together ( 4 years old triplets 2 boys 1 girl). I live in another state due to the nature of my job.

The girl lives with her in Lagos and the boys are with my mother and sister in the village. I rented another apartment for them far away because I don't want my x or her family to come and kidnapped my boys the same way she kidnapped the girl .

My x wife and daughter are going to the village for xmas she want me to give her my mum adress so she can see the boys she said she bought plenty gifts for them .

I refused because the last time she visited she took all 3 children to her parents house only for her to kidnapped the girl leaving behind the boys.

I don't want her to kidnapped my boys and she has threatened to take me to court for custody she said the judge will grant her custody because the children are tender .

I told her to go ahead and report me anywhere she wants. I am scared to loose my boys. I love them so much they are my everything I won't bear to lose them.

My boys are only 4 years old is it true that the judge will grant her custody because they are tender ?

Edited 2: https://www.nairaland.com/7436944/ex-wife-kidnapped-daughter#118450454

I don't understand why two divorced adults can't have unhindered access to the product of the union.
Children that will grow up and start looking for the other parent. Must divorce end acrimoniously.
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by ehissi(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2023
Prospertochu:

False. The boys are with your mother, the court is more likely to have them removed if there was no maternal care or nature available to them.

Since your own mother and sister is there, it will suffice.

What court will frown upon is denying visitation rights/access to the mother, other than that you are free.

But you didn't go into details of your situation. You called her an ex, did you guys ever marry?

What kind of marriage, was it traditional only or you went to registry?

Or did she just have kids for you?

Clarification on these will make it easier for you to be properly advised......
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by LOVEGINO(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Yes!
Of she gets a very good lawyer,especially those hot head human rights/family lawyers, she gets ALL the kids. You will have visitation rights and will be paying for their upkeep.

for this hard time! Abeg come pack dem. If dem grow, dem go look for dia papa. Baskard.
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
gidjah:
Kobo naira m kobo junkie , how are you today ?you sound amazing ,this is good on you o !where do you reside ?.Honestly I side you on this ,it's better he looses Thier custody than cause those kids to loose out of perfect and full parental care. I knew what I suffered being out of parental custody, till date I shall never wish same for anyone. Why should him a d his wife sef seperate just after four years and with triplets for God sake ? It's weird o!can't people just be tollerant ,?what has Hollywood and Nollywood done to us all ?
Go read OP's backstory to learn more! undecided
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Kenosky1: 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
Prospertochu:

My brother the bitter truth is that you are going to face similar problem all the days of your life. cry I will advise that you reconcile with her and learn to forgive her mistake. Life is quite short and you will surely account for your actions and inactions, so take this right decision and remedy all wrong. MY TWO KOBO
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by izubext007: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2023
My brother, if she wins you in Court, just let the court know that that she will bear the burden of training the children

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by kaludestiny10(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Easier said than done because you are not the man that the so called wife abandoned some years back due to his financial status. Some women are truly heartless and evil likewise some men.
Beremx:
Oga release the boys to their mother for proper care and bonding. They need to be with their mom. Do you care to think how they are being affected without bonding with their sister? They should all be with their mum while you go visit them. If you can't cope with their absence, reconcile with your wife for their sake
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by HaneefahRN(f): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2023
But the children are not even with you.

You both have equal rights to those children, they are still tender and need their mum. You also have a right to seeing them. Best to go the court route if you can't settle amicably.
You both should not destroy your kids lives with your nonsense. You can co-parent with respect to each other while being divorced for the sake of the kids.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
HaneefahRN:
But the children are not even with you.

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by achimendy(m): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Yes!

Na the kind thing wey una like.

Rubbish.
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Hotice085: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2023
royalfly:

This is strictly, Nigeria for crying out loud. Do u know how many men thier wives av taken to the court and the man never showed up.its only those that want to be in court goes to court. It's a pity cos I will use every needs necessary to make sure the woman who takes me to court looses.

People are talking from experience you are talking " this is Nigeria', do you know how many numbers of lawyers like this case especially on the woman side?
Ogbeni, Nigeria or no Nigeria case pass case;
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Hotice085: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
luminouz:

Even when she is obviously irresponsible? She left him with the kids when he went broke, so what does she want now if not child support?

That is why she wants to go to court and man a lawyer can win it for her, especially when the man is not directly taking care of the children

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by royalfly(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hotice085:

People are talking from experience you are talking " this is Nigeria', do you know how many numbers of lawyers like this case especially on the woman side?
Ogbeni, Nigeria or no Nigeria case pass case;

With a good lawyer, the guy is good except there us bias like u have now cos she is a woman. Even if she takes the kids. Karma will catch up. We have also seen cases this is nigeria.
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2023
Prospertochu, where you legally married to this woman who you call your ex abeg? Did you both do traditional marriage or even court marriage at some point during the union? I know you said you paid her bride price but did you both register the marriage in court? undecided
Re: Ex-Wife Threatened To Take Me To Court For Children Custody by luminouz(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hotice085:

That is why she wants to go to court and man a lawyer can win it for her, especially when the man is not directly taking care of the children
And how will they give her the kids if he can prove she is irresponsible?

You think the court would dash her the kids if she is perceived as a bad mother?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is The Head Of The Family? Husband, Wife Or Both / Most Unusual Baby Names of 2012 / Who Is A Responsible Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.