Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) (53619 Views)

UK Advises Citizens Against Travels To Anambra, Other states / Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / Swiss Woman, Nwanyiocha Travels To Anambra, Shares Her Experience. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Charly68: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2023
Let them be flying empty jets up and down
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Kay25(m): 6:35am On Dec 05, 2023
jesmond3945:
nigerians lost due to tribalism.
That's a lie u simply dont understand how Nigeria is
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 6:57am On Dec 05, 2023
unbiased2021:

You should’ve checked the airlines fare first before concluding

For Economy class?!! That's weird...!
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Jeyun: 7:07am On Dec 05, 2023
SoNature:
This one no even sabi speak English and na graduate. If you can't learn something as basic as a language, what else can someone typically learn in the university? undecided

them dey learn language for university? Unless you are in linguistic department. Them dey learn how to speak English for university? When u no dey study English language. Na wah for nairalanders ooh.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by EDUECO(m): 7:40am On Dec 05, 2023
sonofsteven:

Don't forget dey pay pilot and crews

Have you also considered aviation fuel and maintenance

Well, this is why most companies are shutting down due to loss
How does Ryanair's management maintain an air fare of around €40 (forty Euro) price for a 2-hour local flight around Europe?

The management of airlines in Nigeria should copy what Ryanair's is doing around the world to improve their patronage and profit.

Irrespective of the country, the rich and middle class people like cheap and affordable goods and services!

1 Like

Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Sammy5413(m): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2023
gr8cany:
Exactly what i experienced last time i travelled from lagos to enugu and back. In each of the movement, if i had counted, we were less than 15 passengers.

Air operators should think better
Guy!!! you never fly before
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by ibinaboonline: 8:06am On Dec 05, 2023
I just looked up flights from Nigeria to Cotonou and found none. Is it that no airline ply that route?
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by joseph1832(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2023
naaija:
Skitmaker Lord Zeus 101 Shows Off Empty Flight from ASABA to Abuja

There’s currently a trend of empty flights shuttling the country’s airport and commuters have started posting clips of how scanty popular airlines have become during local trips. thereby offering kinda private jet experiences like Zeus mentioned

Business wise, Isn’t it wise to put down flight fares to accommodate more passengers as the demand and supply principle will suggest instead of running empty crafts

Here’s a video share by Zeus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZgmr1pVy-4

Below is a screenshot of a Facebook user who shared same experience with another airline on a different date. She claimed they were just 6 people on the massive plane.

According to Zeus, it costs 250k naira to bird to Abuja from Asaba, but I would think lesser fare would definitely improve patronage.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0bTPDgNzZW/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==
is it by force to travel by air, haba!

Why can't some Nigerians learn to cut their coat according to their cloth size. Haba!.

For me, I've long said goodbye to air travel, the road has taken a firm hold on me, and I must say, I love it. 👌
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Mummyfour(f): 8:48am On Dec 05, 2023
MrJames007:

Wetin happen with land movement. undecided
it must have been a long time you travelled o. Because inasmuch as I love road trips, my brother the roads are horrible. Gosh!! You will spend hours on those bad roads and the security issues of bandits and kidnappers having a field day on the road is not a joke o.
I am a frequent traveller to Lagos, and I spend nothing less than 12 - 15 hours using night bus . And the body pains after such trips you can't imagine. If you have an engagement or appointment in Lagos or any other part of Nigeria, and you need to go by road , it is advisable to go 5 days ahead of that day. And if trailer come fall block road, pele o. Not forgetting all those road blocks where the traffic is usually very long.
And again if night trip that the roads are usually less busy, you can imagine what day trip is. So my brother it is a terrible situation o

1 Like

Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by FredLum: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2023
Ridiculous, Ibom Air no cost na, atleast its still somewhat affordable

Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by stephenponti(m): 9:39am On Dec 05, 2023
SoNature:
This one no even sabi speak English and na graduate. If you can't learn something as basic as a language, what else can someone typically learn in the university? undecided

A very local champion. And to think millions are his fans tells a lot about people grass mentality. Ordinary English he struggles to speak.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by EDUECO(m): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2023
epainos:

The manager is the owner of the business....right? You are the real clueless guy here. Lol

Dont worry...the owner will soon stop going that route....then, when you travel on road only and no other means, you will come out and say they hate Igbo. Lol

Na only you sabi save money and show say you wise in your eyes. Lol. No worry....your eyes go soon clear when you make everyone not to see your region lucrative. Instead of you all to quickly adjust. That post was made to send out the message for igbos to do something... unfortunately, clueless ones like you made front page to even make the matter worse. Dont worry...the owner will divert the aircraft to Kaduna or Kano that is lucrative for him. Later una go shout say dem no dey go your region. You go shout tire say dem hate igbo....no worry Lol.
Mr Wise Man,how does Ibom Air that charges around ₦‎70,000 from Uyo to Lagos make profit?
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:20am On Dec 05, 2023
If e crash, you die alone. 🙌
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2023
EDUECO:
Why not charge ₦‎60,000( ₦‎60,000 × 130 passengers will give ₦‎7,800,000)?

₦‎250,000 ×6 passengers just gave the airline ₦‎1,500,000

The manager of this airline is clueless just like a typical Nigerian politician!
if na oyinbo, they will prefer to close down the business if it's impossible to run... But your country prefer waste cos some few hediots can afford it. Rubbish! 😡
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by epainos: 10:38am On Dec 05, 2023
EDUECO:

Mr Wise Man,how does Ibom Air that charges around ₦‎70,000 from Uyo to Lagos make profit?
Thanks for your comment bro. I appreciate you call me wise one. So, you that is Mr. Foo.lish... lol....na simple mathematics. Olodo. There are more people who are always on board. Simple common sense should tell you that people must come on.board first, and then the airline start reducing the price. That call was to tell them to come buy the ticket. If that airline gets 50 people next week, i can bet you that N5k to N10 will be off the price. And then when more gets on.board, it can even be cheaper. Na simple maths.

But una no wan learn. Una wan quickly make it tribal war. So the airline hate you and moved the price up, and then lower it for Uyo. You are sick. Na violence you dey always use in all your approaches. E no dey work like that. The airline will soon cut you off...and na shout una go shout and nothing go happen. This is exactly where I know you are going. And like I said, una go use una hands injure una selves. By now, you should know that all una tricks cant work. And violence wont also. Lol. See...as r don be...for the next 7 years that the presidency is for the south, igbo no go smell am. I am teliijg you the truth here. And it will go to the north for another 8 years. And when it will return to the South, una still no go smell am. Na South South go still get am.

Na until una use una brains. I dont hate you...i dont hate Igbo...but na you be your own enemies.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by cokeryusuf09(m): 11:15am On Dec 05, 2023
uchwar1:
15k from Owerri to Abuja during Jonathan regime in 2014. Honestly, we are in difficult times ruled by clueless and heartless individuals. Just an interval of less than 10 years
Don't compare at all, during that time the minimum wage is 18k
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by sonofsteven: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2023
sonnie10:

I just want to understand something, please don’t be offended that I am asking this.

What made you think that those cost ( fuel, salary for Pilot , maintenance) you mentioned earlier do not apply equally for both scenarios. That is, for the case of 6 passengers when compared with flying 130 passengers for a single flight as pointed out by the person you quoted earlier?

I'm not into aviation business

As a business person, if others are selling at a higher price and I get to check and balance and see there's profit if I cut down prices, I do cut down prices infact in my line of business we fight on who sells cheaper sef

I'm not into aviation business, I don't know how they calculate their costs and how they spend,so I can't say what I'm not sure of...you need need to meet someone in that line to explain why the price hike etc.. I only stated reasons I think the price was on the high sides

Besides I heard some pilots are paid in dollars and hourly,I can't say because I'm not into it

These airlines are government regulated PLC, so government's officials like minister of aviation etc. Can be able to explain... thanks
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by sonofsteven: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2023
EDUECO:

How does Ryanair's management maintain an air fare of around €40 (forty Euro) price for a 2-hour local flight around Europe?

The management of airlines in Nigeria should copy what Ryanair's is doing around the world to improve their patronage and profit.

Irrespective of the country, the rich and middle class people like cheap and affordable goods and services!

I'm not RYANAIR or it's employee or have dealings with the named company

Why don't RYANAIR OR ANOTHER COMPANY or companies come down to Nigeria to run their businesses and let's know why local companies are hiking theirs

Some companies are closing down

GSK etc have all left, why?

Maybe government won't let them sell drugs at the rate they can see profits and pay workers run businesses, they felt they were losing money reason they left( some naija company fit reduce qualities to accommodate )...

I can't say because I don't know anything about all these companies

On my own part, I dey deal on buying and selling, I can tell you why the particular goods I'm buying are expensive now or increasing in money...( na my line be that, na how I buy,I go sell

1 Like

Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by EDUECO(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2023
epainos:

Thanks for your comment bro. I appreciate you call me wise one. So, you that is Mr. Foo.lish... lol....na simple mathematics. Olodo. There are more people who are always on board. Simple common sense should tell you that people must come on.board first, and then the airline start reducing the price. That call was to tell them to come buy the ticket. If that airline gets 50 people next week, i can bet you that N5k to N10 will be off the price. And then when more gets on.board, it can even be cheaper. Na simple maths.

But una no wan learn. Una wan quickly make it tribal war. So the airline hate you and moved the price up, and then lower it for Uyo. You are sick. Na violence you dey always use in all your approaches. E no dey work like that. The airline will soon cut you off...and na shout una go shout and nothing go happen. This is exactly where I know you are going. And like I said, una go use una hands injure una selves. By now, you should know that all una tricks cant work. And violence wont also. Lol. See...as r don be...for the next 7 years that the presidency is for the south, igbo no go smell am. I am teliijg you the truth here. And it will go to the north for another 8 years. And when it will return to the South, una still no go smell am. Na South South go still get am.

Na until una use una brains. I dont hate you...i dont hate Igbo...but na you be your own enemies.
Oga na wetin dey make body pepper you o?

I sure say na the astronomical inflation wey APC bring! grin

I'm from Edo state and not from South East.

Are the common people from South West enjoying Tinubu's Emilokan government?

Na people like you na im dey make Nigeria a laughing stock were serious minded countries dey.

Whether you like it or not an Igbo president must rule Nigeria before the next 20 years.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by EDUECO(m): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2023
sonofsteven:

I'm not RYANAIR or it's employee or have dealings with the named company

Why don't RYANAIR OR ANOTHER COMPANY or companies come down to Nigeria to run their businesses and let's know why local companies are hiking theirs

Some companies are closing down

GSK etc have all left, why?

Maybe government won't let them sell drugs at the rate they can see profits and pay workers run businesses, they felt they were losing money reason they left( some naija company fit reduce qualities to accommodate )...

I can't say because I don't know anything about all these companies

On my own part, I dey deal on buying and selling, I can tell you why the particular goods I'm buying are expensive now or increasing in money...( na my line be that, na how I buy,I go sell
The increase in tariffs/taxes,removal of fuel subsidy and the sudden devaluation of the ₦‎aira are some of the reasons for the astronomical increase in the cost of doing business.

I'm also a business person.If you must make profit in this current business environment;you have to cost cost,reduce the price of your goods and services and this will eventually lead to increase in revenue,and finally you're certain to make good profit if you know what you're doing.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by gr8cany: 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2023
Sammy5413:
Guy!!! you never fly before
i dont get yu
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by codemaniacs: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2023
SoNature:

stephenponti:

A very local champion. And to think millions are his fans tells a lot about people grass mentality. Ordinary English he struggles to speak.

English is not his native language so fluency in English is not important.

He is fluent in his native language so abusing him for not been fluent in English makes you guys f**lish.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by YhemmyBloom(m): 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
Na wa o.. which Airline come be this? 🤔
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by uchwar1: 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

Don't compare at all, during that time the minimum wage is 18k
honestly! Minimum wage was 18k and flight was affordable by 15k. Today minimum wage is 30k, flight is over 100k. God help us
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by SoNature(m): 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2023
codemaniacs:

English is not his native language so fluency in English is not important.

He is fluent in his native language so abusing him for not been fluent in English makes you guys f**lish.

Stop displaying your idiocy on my mention.
If they teach you a language for over 13 years (nursery, primary, secondary, and university) and you couldn't learn it, you are dumb!

If you can't learn a simple language, what other technical thing can you learn in this life?
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by epainos: 1:11pm On Dec 05, 2023
EDUECO:

Oga na wetin dey make body pepper you o?

I sure say na the astronomical inflation wey APC bring! grin

I'm from Edo state and not from South East.

Are the common people from South West enjoying Tinubu's Emilokan government?

Na people like you na im dey make Nigeria a laughing stock were serious minded countries dey.

Whether you like it or not an Igbo president must rule Nigeria before the next 20 years.
You are too careless. I can manage to cope with i ability to predict the future, but when one cannot check what has happened ....I have zero tolerance for such. You are a careless person. Go check my posts and you will see how ridiculous you are. Common sense should tell you to check ones posts first before making a big f.ool of yourself.

You are a careless human being.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2023
Newton2024:
They would take your advice if the main source of their wealth is legit. They know what to do to earn profit but they won't do it. Simply because they don't need the profit.

God bless you bro, they don't care if the flight is running as a loss or profit.

If that is their main source of income, they know the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
pansophist:
The manager of this airline is daft.

Why not make it cheap and get a plane filled with passengers?

Probably many of you know about British Airways, KLM, and AirFrance, but what if I told you that Ryanair flies to more destinations, has more passenger, and make more money than the above airlines that are big names?

For example, if you want to go to Amsterdam from Dublin next week, it will cost you 17 euros one way (see the screenshot below). Ryanair (alongside wizzair.com) made flights so damn cheap, that even a taxi to the airport is more expensive than your flight ticket.

The airline turned their plane to danfo, or keke napep. They fly some routes up to six times per day, for cheap, with no seat empty. Making more money than those that hike their price so high

And because of how cheap their flight is, they have captured the flight market so easily, and almost all Europeans have used them to fly. Broke students, the unemployed and the homeless use them.

I do hear about them, their popularity is rapidly growing.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Yoruba supremacy won’t end any time soon. We are the westerners, you are the Middle East

In your weirdest dream!

Is that why your pe ople line up these days to beg for alms like it is a competition?

From "Tuale baba" to " Mi oni gbo iku e" to "Omo ologo he ki yo si e lorun"

Una never see anything! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by EDUECO(m): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
epainos:

You are too careless. I can manage to cope with i ability to predict the future, but when one cannot check what has happened ....I have zero tolerance for such. You are a careless person. Go check my posts and you will see how ridiculous you are. Common sense should tell you to check ones posts first before making a big f.ool of yourself.

You are a careless human being.
Is like you live in Europe? You went to Europe but Europe hasn't transformed your mentality. You still reason like a typical Nigerian politician.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
epainos:
Very soon no airlines will go to the igbo land. Lol. And then, they will start saying they are hating them. Lol. Igbo themselves do not want to live in their region
Who will develop it for them? Ok ooo. They are developing Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt as they always claim. Very foo.lish way of life.

All of them on this thread are abusing Airlines....lol. we will soon see thr result. cheesy in Asake's voice....some people are wise....la la la la.. dwm think say dem pass every one....lala la la la..

Says someone who don't have up to #50k in his/her account. 😂😂😂

You need a job.
Re: ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
epainos:

You are just ranting.

Chai see as this one dey ra nt emotionally over nairaland's post.

Grow up mu² boy.

The north recently concluded their turn, go and ask them if it favors them or not. You lack com mon sen se and you don't have anyone to tell you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.