Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today (54766 Views)

HERBS That Are More Affordable& Effective Than Augmentin..cure That Stds Once / Can I Take Blood Tonic After Been On Augmentin Drugs For 7 Days / Use Libracin Natural Medicine Today And Be Free Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Pat081: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2023
APC has killed this country and some good-for-nothing people are still happy with the way things are going
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by D4gmail1: 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
Akjohny:
I bought this same medicine 6kplus few weeks ago. In Lokoja

It's either old stock or fake.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Streetdoctor: 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
omoredia:

He is the only one that was talking during GEj tenure but has now kept quiet because his person is now president. Any Yoruba person claiming to be a pastor is just a joker. I never trust people that cant bear hunger. Even Christianity can never remove tribalism from a yoruba person
Yoruba toolike tribalism jare. Look at how they are dying in silence all bcs their brother na president

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2023
D4gmail1:
angry The last time I bought this some about two years ago it was 4000 Naira.

Y'all should better choose a healthy life style and stop having sex with random people.

To think you have 31 likes for an ignorant statement says alot about the average Nairalander. First things first Augmentin isn't the drug of choice for most common sexually transmitted diseases. Cephalosporins like Ceftriaxone, Macrolides like Azithromycin and a Tetracycline like Doxy are often prescribed for common STDS. That said how you narrowed and concluded that a broad spectrum antibiotic was actually bought for an STD ONLY, beats my imagination

3 Likes

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by tachia406: 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2023
oyinmykel:
Error of extra Zero

It is impossible for it to by 57000, rather 5700

You are right bro. I just de look that price. On a normal, the drug de cost but it is impossible for it to be sold that expensive despite the inflation. It's just a pack for that matter
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by kellyzaf(m): 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
BiGVEEN58:
Its cost. Some pharmacy also inflate the price.

Don't mind them. The drug no reach like that. It depends on pharmacy and location. My friend bought it last week 18k same 625mg

2 Likes

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Kingrshd3: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2023
oyinmykel:
Error of extra Zero

I guess so but let me check online myself now
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Deepspirituals: 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
Pat081:
APC has killed this country and some good-for-nothing people are still happy with the way things are going
When will things get better ?

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by xtervaganza(m): 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2023
When I had my 1st son in 2016 I bought this for 5k or so for my then wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Blazebond(m): 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
Negative replies don't mean nothing to me,I will continue to call.out the stupidity in many of you.

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by cliqtips: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Gasopanis:
I have been having some kind of pain in my ear for about 2 weeks now, i went to the hospital last week and i was prescribed this drug Augmentin, i was shocked when i went to the pharmacy and was told it costs 57k, i even had to ask the lady if she knew what she was saying, i had to google it and found out she wasn’t lying. I went to buy it today.. it has just 14 tablets. A friend of mine told me it used to cost about 6k in the past.

I’m fed up of the situation of things in this country

You don't have Agbado card ?

People with that card buy things at cheaper rate
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by casppyjay: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
FarmBusinessNG:
Tell me it's a joke. Augmetion of 6,000 Naira

If it's true, you all should begin to cry for Nigeria
my younger said 45k in Benin 2months ago

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:14am On Dec 05, 2023
theophorus:
Thank you Lord for Sound Health.

Typical Nigerian cheesy

Once I'm okay, I thank God and look away.

Sound health today means you or a loved one can't fall ill tomorrow?

Una must learn lessons grin

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by victorclean(f): 12:15am On Dec 05, 2023
Judolisco:
oga u jst dey yarn dust... I can share u 10 links of adeboye speaking against d bad governance under buhari.... When terrorist went to ondo to kill Christians in a Catholic church, Adeboye was d only vocal person that talked about Christian defending themselves even in church.... Because adeboye didn't openly support your candidate, he is now a bad person.... U are d tribalistic here....u left all d priest and bishops in d east and picked only Adeboye in a topic that's not even related to him.... God go judge everyone Sha...

His hypocrisy in pastor clothing is legendary. Highly tribalistic.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by victorclean(f): 12:16am On Dec 05, 2023
o123456789:
Augmentin is equal to Amoxicillin, why not buy Amoxicillin? the cost of any drug don't determine the efficacy!!! Let me ask you, what is the illness you want to buy Augmentin for?

It's not exactly the same. Augmentin efficacy is more than amoxicillin. It also have clavulanic acid.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Lexusgs430: 12:20am On Dec 05, 2023
This must be good news ....... It would eliminate unnecessary banging..........😜😁🤣
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by felixtare(m): 12:25am On Dec 05, 2023
It was 4k 2015
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Lexusgs430: 12:28am On Dec 05, 2023
DoctorAyukebot:

To think you have 31 likes for an ignorant statement says alot about the average Nairalander. First things first Augmentin isn't the drug of choice for most common sexually transmitted diseases. Cephalosporins like Ceftriaxone, Macrolides like Azithromycin and a Tetracycline like Doxy are often prescribed for common STDS. That said how you concluded and narrowed that a broad spectrum antibiotic was actually bought for an STD beats my imagination

On the contrary....... It works by stopping bacteria from multiplying and dividing, thereby killing them in the process. When taken according to instructions, Augmentin has been known to successfully treat various STDs such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and more........

And this is why the outcry is massive(it's the abx of choice, for many) ...... Their comfort blanket, is now more expensive......😁🤣

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Segun2222: 12:38am On Dec 05, 2023
obicoolnino:
Opari...this is wat only bad policies by a confused president can do to the economy.
don't be stupid which bad policy make a 6k drug 57k the drug is imported did the dollar go 1000% in less than a yr

2 Likes

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Lacash: 12:55am On Dec 05, 2023
Gasopanis:
I have been having some kind of pain in my ear for about 2 weeks now, i went to the hospital last week and i was prescribed this drug Augmentin, i was shocked when i went to the pharmacy and was told it costs 57k, i even had to ask the lady if she knew what she was saying, i had to google it and found out she wasn’t lying. I went to buy it today.. it has just 14 tablets. A friend of mine told me it used to cost about 6k in the past.

I’m fed up of the situation of things in this country
That’s a Fallacy of the highest order, send me 18k here and I will get for u with an approved code asap. Stop spreading rumors 😁😁

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by atiku07(m): 1:01am On Dec 05, 2023
DoctorAyukebot:

I am sorry for doubting your predicament. I don't live in Nigeria but I am a regular on Nairaland. I just called my Pharmacy in Douala, Cameroon and the price of same drug remains at 4510 francs CFA which equates to 5400 Naira. Cameroon doesn't have a production unit for GSK atsuch the drug is imported too.

Augmentin is a GSK pharmaceutical brand of Amoxicillin that contains c!avulanic acid to fight antibiotic resistance. It is in the WHO list of essential Medicines with generic versions from several pharmaceutical that sell for less than 2000 Naira equivalent in Cameroon. I wonder at what point a cheap, easy to produce, essential medicine like Amoxicillin/Clavulanic acid would cost 57.000

Did you ask for another brand? I think you should lodge a complain with the price control for a proper investigation. This is totally outrageous. The Naira hasn't devaluated to the Zimbabwean dollar

Just ignore whatever u see here there is an agenda behind it coupled with inhumane type of business men we have in this country. Yes augmetin is expensive but not as exaggerated by ppl. A good example is what find out for ur self coupled with the fact that there is even no production plant. In Nigeria there is always a cabal to everything, immediately they heard Gsk quiting the coury all they have to do is buy out there remaining stocks and charge exorbitantly. I saw comments here all I do is laff privately alot of ppl don't know what the elites are doing to them from the unrealistic exchange rate to the non justifiable pms cost.the truth is absolute capitalism is evil and money launderer are using the basic goods to clean up their funds. It is a game only the wise would understand.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by atiku07(m): 1:04am On Dec 05, 2023
N2B2:

You know why you opened a new account to post this. That's the mandate. grin

Leave that liar alone

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Fujiyama: 1:59am On Dec 05, 2023
money121:
Please Take Good care of yourself ooo
No be Advice ooo
Na Serious warning

^^^
grin
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by dontrulee: 2:03am On Dec 05, 2023
The company has left Nigeria that's why the price is very expensive now.

We use other alternatives now like Co-amoxiclav and the likes which are relatively cheaper. grin grin
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by laprince(m): 2:20am On Dec 05, 2023
oyinmykel:
Error of extra Zero

When I was sick and the medication was prescribed for me, we bought it N1200. We had a hard time getting the money. Subsequently, I heard it was N15,000 and then N36,000.

I believe the amount is correct. My people are suffering.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by ogbonti: 2:36am On Dec 05, 2023
obicoolnino:
Opari...this is wat only bad policies by a confused president can do to the economy.

WHEN WILL THE CITIZENS START TO PROTEST TO STAY ALIVE? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by ezegold4we: 3:03am On Dec 05, 2023
What is the cost of Augmentin?
It belongs to a group of medications called penicillin antibiotics. It will not treat colds, the flu, or infections caused by viruses.
Get Augmentin XR for as low as $42.34, which is 69% off the average retail price of $136.67 for the most common version, by using a GoodRx coupon.

NOTE, OP was correct.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by toprealman: 4:01am On Dec 05, 2023
APC apologist will be given a special price🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Abufo: 4:14am On Dec 05, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Yoruba toolike tribalism jare. Look at how they are dying in silence all bcs their brother na president

Almost all of these so called Pastors from yorubaland were born into muslim homes and practiced islam well into adulthood o! Bakare,oyedepo,Ashimolowo etc.........how are we sure their mat and kettle are not neatly tucked under their pulpits??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by webincomeplus(m): 4:15am On Dec 05, 2023
oyinmykel:
Error of extra Zero

That is the price. Since GSK left Nigeria some months ago, the prices of all their drugs went up by as much as x10 because the drugs had previously manufactured in the country now had to be imported from the UK.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by ufotunang: 4:24am On Dec 05, 2023
Nawaoooo... see what APC and Tinubu has caused 🙄
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by jaylove111(m): 4:26am On Dec 05, 2023
I weep for Nigeria and Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Home Remedy For Whitlow / Taraba Yet To Report Death From COVID-19 – NCDC / What Do You Call This Toe Injury? Pls Help! (Disturbing Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.