Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home (26116 Views)

BREAKING: “anambra”yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / Compendium Of Pmb's Ongoing & Completed Projects & Policy Successes In S/E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by vannessa7(f): 7:38am On Dec 10, 2023
XAUBulls:

False!

I didn't want to post on this tame or simplistic thread until I saw your post. You and others have to DESIST from spreading the fake news and propaganda referring to the former Governor of Lagos State Alhaji Abdulateef Jakande as being the first to make that comment.

NOTE:
It was Jaja Wachuku who first carelessly refered to Lagos Island (NOT Lagos State) as a no-man's-land in 1947 during an Ibo Union speech. And since then the Ibo members of NCNC in 1953 and at different times had made references to that misleading info. Go through the links below to read more:

https://guardian.ng/opinion/which-lagos-is-a-no-mans-land/

https://www.nairaland.com/7618960/jaja-anucha-nwachukwu-called-lagos/1

Don't mind them, they love to fabricate lies to cover their shameful acts, they will take over south west and attempt to recolonize us if we allow them, lack of food in their enclave and desperation for survival making them land grabbers, but we will not allow them, they desperately wish they can do the Ilorin thing all over Yoruba land and that was in the olden days with no effect whatsoever on Yorubas in Ilorin now but if wishes were horses....

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 7:54am On Dec 10, 2023
vannessa7:

If Yorubas in south east had displayed those shenanigans you lots displayed during the election with insults and bold interference in south east politics I'm sure you lots can never stomach it, you are too insecure to allow that, that's why you kill and maim each other, imagine what you will do to Yoruba who go against the popular opinion of igbo while living in your land. You can not take one tenth of what you dish out to others, just like the insult you directed at me in your post up there, inferiority complex will make anyone an animal
.Madam nobody displayed any shenanigans it is your inferiority that is talking abeg. Stop almost this rubbish, I told you the truth it is your problem if you feel it is an Insult. Only someone with inferiority complex harbors hate and has envious thoughts and feels threatened by another person who is living his life and spending his money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2023
vannessa7:

Don't mind them, they love to fabricate lies to cover their shameful acts, they will take over south west and attempt to recolonize us if we allow them, lack of food in their enclave and desperation for survival making them land grabbers, but we will not allow them, they desperately wish they can do the Ilorin thing all over Yoruba land and that was in the olden days with no effect whatsoever on Yorubas in Ilorin now but if wishes were horses....

Madam I would advise you to be a little quiet and stop saying rubbish here. In the first true or false didn't Jakande call Lagos a No Man's land? I dare you to say it is a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:40am On Dec 10, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
grin a begger doesn’t have choice my brother…you simply in search of greener pastures and that’s why, but your over bloated ego and arrogance won’t let you see that grin you need us more than we need you that’s why we don’t give a F*ck if you hate us because grin

Bro u are being arrogant not more. You are trying to make something out of nothing. You sound as if you are jobless
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Igbodicool(m): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2023
ecolime:
Yorubas living in Igboland? shocked

This is cool and a beauty to watch.

Would love to visit Anambra and other SE states in my lifetime.
Biko stay in your waste land of the fallen demon.

Your people exhume hatred.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by spagettiluv: 9:56am On Dec 10, 2023
Igbodicool:

Biko stay in your waste land of the fallen demon.

Your people exhume hatred.
who is interested in relocating to a backward god forsaken land?
The total amount of yorubas in the whole alaibo is not even up to the amount of ibos in ojoo area alone.
No sane Yoruba man will wake up and say alaibo is his next destination

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ariesbull: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2023
Tamires:

Which of the kings?
U just mumu
no worry in the next 20yrs

Na that time una mumu go dey glaring
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by OfficialAPCNig: 10:39am On Dec 10, 2023
vannessa7:

This is what we are saying, spewing gibberish without thought, can those Yoruba in the south east say this? And have you ever been to Ilorin, who told you it's not a Yoruba land, go to Ilorin and see how developed it is. You are crying more than the bereaved. Your lack of manners is hurting you already and will continue to hurt you, I only pity the many sensible igbo.
Illorin developed?

Wetin una dey smoke for that SW?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ozommadu: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2023
ecolime:
Yorubas living in Igboland? shocked

This is cool and a beauty to watch.

Would love to visit Anambra and other SE states in my lifetime.

Hello agbado male or female??

Hahaha grin

Anyways, anytime you wan enter Anambra state, halla me.

Come during festive period, enjoyment everywhere

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2023
cheesy
spagettiluv:
The total amount of yorubas in the whole alaibo is not even up to the amount of ibos in ojoo area alone.
ha!! cheesy
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2023
Irony1:

Madam I would advise you to be a little quiet and stop saying rubbish here. In the first true or false didn't Jakande call Lagos a No Man's land? I dare you to say it is a lie.

It was Jaja Wachuku who first carelessly refered to Lagos Island (NOT Lagos State) as a no-man's-land in 1947 during an Ibo Union speech. And since then the Ibo members of NCNC in 1953 and at different times had made references to that misleading info. Go through the links below to read more:

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Dude let me get you now can you clarify why Jakande called Lagos No man's Land in his inaugural speech of 1979? If you can rationalise it then that was the rationale behind Jaja Wachukwu's statement of No man's land.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2023
Irony1:

Dude let me get you now can you clarify why Jakande called Lagos No man's Land in his inaugural speech of 1979? If you can rationalise it then that was the rationale behind Jaja Wachukwu's statement of No man's land.
Igbos' greediness and long throat since 1947 shocked
He don tey!
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Igbos' greediness and long throat since 1947 shocked
He don tey!

Simple question you cannot answer you keep shouting igbo greediness. If you ate making excuses for Jakande's no man's land statement then it is no different from what Jaja Wachuku said.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
Irony1:

Simple question you cannot answer you keep shouting igbo greediness. If you ate making excuses for Jakande's no man's land statement then it is no different from what Jaja Wachuku said.
Did Nwachuku meet Jakande before he uttered that long throat word in 1947 or what are you saying?
That Jakande alluded to that word because it was coined by Nwachuku,Zik and many long throat Igbos did not mean what you have in mind as a longthroatian.
In Jakande word,what he meant was like literally saying 'No paddy,parent for this land (Lagos) to people who came from the other side of the Niger.
All Yorubas even the colonialist whites have repeatedly written that Lagos is Yorubaland but you as visitors continue to go against this assertion.
I heard that Azikiwe fought with all his life to separate Lagos from SW when he knew that Africans don't play with their land.
Just like most Igbos,Azikiwe had always had long throat for the SW.Thank God for Awolowo for stopping him.Nobody wants backwardness.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lawani: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2023
Irony1:

It does not matter who made the statement first actually. The Yoruba equivalent of that statement is Gbogbo WA la leko and NCNC Lagosians will respond Gedegbe leko wa. However the right thing to do is to return the lands to the traditional states Awori Ijebu and Egun and name them appropriately. If civilians were the ones that created states, it would have been done decades ago

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Igbodicool(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
spagettiluv:
And you cry every day at the mention of Biafra and IPOB.
You cry every day at the news of Igbo secession.
Keep deceiving yourself!
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Did Nwachuku meet Jakande before he uttered that long throat word in 1947 or what are you saying?
That Jakande alluded to that word because it was coined by Nwachuku,Zik and many long throat Igbos did not mean what you have in mind as a longthroatian.
In Jakande word,what he meant was like literally saying 'No paddy,parent for this land (Lagos) to people who came from the other side of the Niger.
All Yorubas even the colonialist whites have repeatedly written that Lagos is Yorubaland but you as visitors continue to go against this assertion.
I heard that Azikiwe fought with all his life to separate Lagos from SW when he knew that Africans don't play with their land.
Just like most Igbos,Azikiwe had always had long throat for the SW.Thank God for Awolowo for stopping him.Nobody wants backwardness.

Let me correct you there Zik never fought to separate Lagos from South West. Lagos was the capital territory and it shouldn't be tied to any region. Haaaa!!!! Please try and be logical naaaaa
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2023
Irony1:

Let me correct you there Zik never fought to separate Lagos from South West. Lagos was the capital territory and it shouldn't be tied to any region. Haaaa!!!! Please try and be logical naaaaa
Unfortunately for you longthroatians,God already tied Lagos to the SW.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Antivirus92(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2023
Mubiola360:
No one is telling them to go back home because they never said Anamvra is a no man's land, they respected the laws of tge land,they are also helping g in the growth and development of their host community without shouting Developer in arrogance.
I served in Anambra and I know for a fact how loving Igbo people might be , I was the cds president and I mingled well with the community. Most of you have been brainwashed by political gladiators and the bias media that we forgot to see ourselves as human, brother rather than threat and opposition . Lets grow together.
you must first of all talk like a demented Yoruba before making a sensible comment. Tell me those that don't respect their host?
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Antivirus92(m): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2023
toyinid78:

You didn't show where any yoruba want to be your governor or senator etc like u do in Lagos
who is that Igbo man that wants to be governor or senator in your Yoruba land?
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Unfortunately for you longthroatians,God already tied Lagos to the SW.

Come are you this dense or just fantastically dull? What we are talking about was in the context of the 60s, it is common sense that the federal capital territory is not tied to a region. You people should have sense when you are arguing, this is just foolishness at its height.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lawani: 4:13am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

Come are you this dense or just fantastically dull? What we are talking about was in the context of the 60s, it is common sense that the federal capital territory is not tied to a region. You people should have sense when you are arguing, this is just foolishness at its height.

You are the idiot. Being a capital territory makes nowhere a no man's land just like a federal university in your own state does not make your state a no man's land. It is a privilege granted and it does not reduce the right of the landowners or traditional authorities but it helps their economy. It just the location for the admin and for embassies. Nothing more
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 4:47am On Dec 11, 2023
lawani:

You are the idiot. Being a capital territory makes nowhere a no man's land just like a federal university in your own state does not make your state a no man's land. It is a privilege granted and it does not reduce the right of the landowners or traditional authorities but it helps their economy. It just the location for the admin and for embassies. Nothing more

I think you are the id@@t here. No man's land and referral territory are two different context. The capital territory of Lagos even from the colonial times has always been exempted from being lumped into the western region. The land owners of the Lagos capital territory in the 60s are the lagosians, just as Abuja land owners are the Gwari. You guys are the ones who are not Lagosians that feel threatened when this subject is brought. Bros try and have brain naaaa

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lawani: 4:54am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

I think you are the id@@t here. No man's land and referral territory are two different context. The capital territory of Lagos even from the colonial times has always been exempted from being lumped into the western region. The land owners of the Lagos capital territory in the 60s are the lagosians, just as Abuja land owners are the Gwari. You guys are the ones who are not Lagosians that feel threatened when this subject is brought. Bros try and have brain naaaa

Use your brains, Lagosians are Aworis with land in Lagos and Ogun states and have been at nation building for thousands of years. Aworis are Yorubas.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 4:58am On Dec 11, 2023
lawani:

Use your brains, Lagosians are Aworis with land in Lagos and Ogun states and have been at nation building for thousands of years. Aworis are Yorubas.

Can you just have small sense for once in your life. We are talking about the geo political demarcation of Nigeria in the 60s. Lagos as a capital territory was made to be carved alone and away from Western region. Are you this dull not to understand it. There are Yorubas in Osun and Oyo, but they are different states because of Geo Political demarcation. Try and be sensible and stop arguing like a 5 year-old.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 6:57am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

Thought you are sensible.
Shu shu..
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Thought you are sensible.
Shu shu..

You are not sensible, stop forming what you are not my guy
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lawani: 9:54am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

Can you just have small sense for once in your life. We are talking about the geo political demarcation of Nigeria in the 60s. Lagos as a capital territory was made to be carved alone and away from Western region. Are you this dull not to understand it. There are Yorubas in Osun and Oyo, but they are different states because of Geo Political demarcation. Try and be sensible and stop arguing like a 5 year-old.

Just like a university was sited in your village and it is not no man's land because of that, it is in the same way that Lagos island or part of it was made FCT and it does not make it a no man"s land. They have right like other lands. How is that difficult for you to understand?. A place that was well defended with cannons in the nineteenth century is a no man's land?. As small as they are they can be a sovereign state. They have more population than some sovereign states. I hope it is now clear to you. Again making anywhere a capital is just location of a government parastatal or institution but it is the biggest one is the only difference. When Nigeria breaks up Abuja will continue as Gwari land and how to hold it together will be Gwari headache.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 9:57am On Dec 11, 2023
lawani:

Just like a university was sited in your village and it is not no man's land because of that, it is in the same way that Lagos island or part of it was made FCT and it does not make it a no man"s land. They have right like other lands. How is that difficult for you to understand?. A place that was well defended with cannons in the nineteenth century is a no man's land?. As small as they are they can be a sovereign state. They have more population than some sovereign states. I hope it is now clear to you. Again making anywhere a capital is just location of a government parastatal or institution but it is the biggest one is the only difference. When Nigeria breaks up Abuja will continue as Gwari land and how to hold it together will be Gwari headache.

Come is there anything wrong with you. I just showed how Nigeria was demarcated in the 60s with lagos Island as the Stand alone capital territory away from Western Region. Guy Lateef Jakande called Lagos No Man's land ooooo and you people saw nothing wrong in it, but an Igbo man's own is making you angry. This is the height of inferiority complex and your mental insecurities. Guy go and get a decent job and stop spreading hatred, you are not a child abeg.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lawani: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

Come is there anything wrong with you. I just showed how Nigeria was demarcated in the 60s with lagos Island as the Stand alone capital territory away from Western Region. Guy Lateef Jakande called Lagos No Man's land ooooo and you people saw nothing wrong in it, but an Igbo man's own is making you angry. This is the height of inferiority complex and your mental insecurities. Guy go and get a decent job and stop spreading hatred, you are not a child abeg.

You are a mad man you bastard. Don't call another man's land a no man's land anymore. Go and learn manners

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode Shuns Lagos Assembly Probe Panel / Olubadan To Hausa Leader: You Are Under Baale Of Sasa / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.