Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home (26119 Views)

BREAKING: “anambra”yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / Compendium Of Pmb's Ongoing & Completed Projects & Policy Successes In S/E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by sylve11: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
Tjra:

I've always known not all Igbos are not tribalists. It is just sad the few bad few folks amongst them are making the rest of the world all of them as intolerant.

Polygamy is frowned at in my religion else would have taken an Igbo chick as a 2nd wife.

I learnt their yellow girls have hairy chest and bushy sweetpot. That turns me on cry

Kukuma go carry Bob risky na. grin cool
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ariesbull: 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
My tennant is a Yoruba family but I have never for one day told them to go back to Ogun as they ronuist say here in Lagos to igbo
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by OfficialAPCNig: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
Those who don't travel think life starts and ends in Lagos.

Ironically, most of these people invaded Lagos from Ogun and Kwara. If you come to Lagos state and you'll notice that the most vocals are those ogun people who became Lagosian due to boundary adjustment and the invaders from Kwara, Ogun, and Oyo. You'll hardly see people from Ekiti and Ondo constituting nuisance in lagos.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Tjra: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
sylve11:

Kukuma go carry Bob risky na. grin cool
🤣

Abegi oo.. Na Igbo Yellow gals dey hungry me
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Tjra: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

You can hardly see the fair girls that are very beautiful its either they stay outside the country or you see them in abj. The rest u see on the street are left overs, the beautiful ones are scarce
cry
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ariesbull: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
I learnt that SW has quite an investment in the East.
The biggest mall in the SE,Polo Park was built by Tayo Amusan with the cooperation of the govt.
There are Chicken Republic,Tantalizers and other SW and Nigeria top eateries in the SE.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
There was a time I went to the SE and had cause to go to Asaba Which is very close to Onitsha,I stayed there for a couple of days.
Just on the Benin-Onitsha express road,I saw about 3 to 4 Swesterners coys.
I saw on the right side going to the Niger bridge en route to Onitsha,A huge industry called Animal Feeds,I saw Elizade coy,a petrol station owned by a Yoruba man on the left then a block making establishment by a Westerner.
I thought that seeing about 4 coys of Western origin in a distance not too far means there are still others strewn all over the SE and SS.
Through my research,I believe that Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed.
dokt worry but you dont see igbo shouting like some tupid yoruba to go back home
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by 9JAMac10: 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
Yoruba guys and insatiable desire for igbo pxxxy
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lutheran(m): 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
We will also consider sending your troublesome brothers and sisters who falsely claim to own 80% of Lagos. They are causing disturbances here in Lagos. It wouldn’t be a terrible idea to send them to you so they can contribute to developing your underdeveloped village. If they truly believe they are the ones responsible for developing Lagos, then they should be able to develop your village as well.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by phorget(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
You are good hosts to them and they are good visitors or 'migrants' to you because they don't behave negatively or poke nose into your local politics negatively.

Your local politics remain local! Your installation of Obas and other chieftaincy titles remain your local politics and I'm sure no iboman will dictate or poke nose in your selection choices regarding that.
As far as the constitution remain that anybody can vote anywhere he/she registered then an iboman will only vote as far as his candidate of choice is on the ballot papers.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Mubiola360: 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

There is even an Oba grin

God bless my Igbo neigbours. Nobody is telling them to go back to their villages. Nobody is destroying their Establishment or demolishing their Houses under the pretence that they did not abide by the building plans.

Our Igbo brothers are the true Definition of one Nigeria when such does not exist in the minds of those who hate & jealous them.

God bless all Igbos anywhere they are & give my SS people the wisdom to know who their real brothers & enemies are
No one is telling them to go back home because they never said Anamvra is a no man's land, they respected the laws of tge land,they are also helping g in the growth and development of their host community without shouting Developer in arrogance.
I served in Anambra and I know for a fact how loving Igbo people might be , I was the cds president and I mingled well with the community. Most of you have been brainwashed by political gladiators and the bias media that we forgot to see ourselves as human, brother rather than threat and opposition . Lets grow together.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Eriokanmi: 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
The biggest mall in the SE,Polo Park was built by Tayo Amusan with the cooperation of the govt.
There are Chicken Republic,Tantalizers and other SW and Nigeria top eateries in the SE.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
There was a time I went to the SE and had cause to go to Asaba Which is very close to Onitsha,I stayed there for a couple of days.
I saw on the right side going to the Niger bridge en route to Onitsha,A huge industry called Animal Feeds,I saw Elizade coy,a petrol station owned by a Yoruba man on the left then a block making establishment by a Westerner.
I thought that seeing about 4 coys of Western origin in a distance not too far means there are still others strewn all over the SE and SS.
Through my research,I believe that Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed.
I've mingled with them and seen that, the real ndigbo isn't a tribalist. I've said it severally here that the head of our technical department is an igboman from urata in imo. He married a yoruba lady from Ogun state. We've been to places together globally. Go to FMC owerri, plenty of their staff married yorubas, both genders. Where did they put tribalism before they intermarried? It because it never existed. At the down stream sector, the woman who introduced us to one of the leading companies there is ibo meanwhile, there was a yorubaman by the name Okę whom I'd speak the language with most times and he'd respond in English instead.

On the day he was supposed to come down from his office and ratify our permit, he stayed put in the office. I called and called, alas! But he was very much around. The police didn't allow me to enter because I needed a pass to see him. He's retired now. If there's a tribe who doesn't help one another, I'm sure everyone reading this wouldn't need any guessing. O maa ro gbii lokan everybody. Me I no dey side rubbish. Call a spade a spade.

Forget all these wicked politicians who always use their gullible supporters to have their way in the name if tribalism. They know how to get them. Just give them 2k and they'd die for you...ordinary 2k. After elections, awon lo maa n suffer ju but their wicked leaders don't care. They're feeling the heat already and smiling over it. Just yesterday, 5 people approached me, begging alms. There's no point asking why they voted a particularcandidate. The deed had been done already and they're at the receiving end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Princedapace(m): 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Tjra:

I've always known not all Igbos are not tribalists. It is just sad the few bad few folks amongst them are making the rest of the world all of them as intolerant.

Polygamy is frowned at in my religion else would have taken an Igbo chick as a 2nd wife.

I learnt their yellow girls have hairy chest and bushy but very juicy sweetpot. That turns me on cry

ur comment is very funny. So, every Yoruba person is good? How do u humans even reason?

Every single tribe has good and bad ones. Period.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Sucre7: 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
This country has potentials. If only we can accommodate each other and our excesses.

One way is abolishing state of origin and use state of residence instead.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by yommen: 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
Beremx:
Igbos accommodate other ethnic group without making noise about it.
We are the real accommodators. We don't threaten our hosts because we love everyone

Yorubas accommodate anybody without noise. You people claiming parts of Yoruba land is 'no man's land' is the beginning of your problems. Hausas living peacefully in SW have never had issues with Yorubas. Yorubas still remain more accommodating. For example, there are more non-Yorubas in SW states civil service when compared to SE. By the way, why is is that the number of Igbos in prison across the globe is higher than other tribes from Nigeria? In fact, they know Igbo tribe to be a problematic tribe in Thailand. Remember the comments of the Thai Police officer?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ayo25: 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
At least you have seen that the few ones living in Igbo land are peaceful, not noisy and nosey and dont hate their hosts.
Funkyswagzz:

At least you seen that there are yoruba living in igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Tjra: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
ariesbull:
una no dey like una felloq yorina girls ....

Why is it that way
Our gals na our 1st choice anyday anytime.

However, variety is the spice of life. Na why we dey like mix our delicacies with Chioma, Ada, Ngozi, Nnenna & Ebele cheesy cool

We go for una juicy girls next. We no send girls from SS or North at all.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lutheran(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
I can see that even with your response, it is quite evident which part of the country you come from. However, it is important to note that your statement about them not voting is false. They do participate in the voting process. It seems like they are playing the victim card instead. I won’t stoop down to your level and engage in insults with you. It is clear that you are upset, and I sincerely hope you find peace.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ORIAYO70(m): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
noblefrank31:

SOURCE: https://radionigeria.gov.ng/2023/12/08/anambra-yoruba-community-celebrates-unity-successes-in-second-home/

They are omoluabis

They will never disrespect their host.

They will never claim their territory to be their.

They respect the law of the land.

The will never bring Adekunle painted with Emeka to become gov.

They are disciplined

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
At least you have seen that the few ones living in Igbo land are peaceful, not noisy and nosey and dont hate their hosts.

No one hate u in anyway and no one is dragging any land with u. You are just paranoid

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by benardtotti(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2023
noblefrank31:

SOURCE: https://radionigeria.gov.ng/2023/12/08/anambra-yoruba-community-celebrates-unity-successes-in-second-home/

Only media warriors who haven't travelled far from home think there is war between tribes in Nigeria, our politicians don't even try anymore to Stoke ethnic disagreement as they know social media warriors are doing a good job for them.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by basty: 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

There is even an Oba grin

God bless my Igbo neigbours. Nobody is telling them to go back to their villages. Nobody is destroying their Establishment or demolishing their Houses under the pretence that they did not abide by the building plans.

Our Igbo brothers are the true Definition of one Nigeria when such does not exist in the minds of those who hate & jealous them.

God bless all Igbos anywhere they are & give my SS people the wisdom to know who their real brothers & enemies are

Rather it is you guys destroying south west properties in Lagos on the order of Nnamdi Kanu as a result of End Sars.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Eriokanmi: 1:12pm On Dec 09, 2023
Sucre7:
This country has potentials. If only we can accommodate each other and our excesses.

Abolition of state of origin isn't the issue here. It won't even work in a country like ours cos of our makeup as a people. But if we can nip tribalism in the bud, just as our forefathers had done, and had a progressive nation, we'd be fine. The present generation of politicians have destroyed a lot of things by toeing that path. No tribe is exempted, cos of their selfish interests.

It got so bad that, despite seeing the obvious, once they see you supporting a candidate other than someone from your tribe, they say you're from that tribe grin. They could go as far as destroying your property or threatening your life. What an act of desperation. I've seen siblings who belonged to different political parties in the past and no issues.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by PepeXKermit: 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
Let the tribal wariors keep lying to you that yorubas or even hausas are not in the SE.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Sleekfingers: 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
Just like South Africans who don't travel out, Yorubas don't believe in settling outside their lands or investing outside Lagos state.....

But they will be very quick to call out other regions for not accommodating them.... Simply because, there's noone selling Ewedu and Amala around for easy consumption.

How about the Yoruba living in Kano., .kaduna, Rivers, Edo, Akwa Ibom.
The Yoruba have invested hugely in Edo state. Go and ask that ugly obaseki.
If you have been to Kaduna and kano you won't say this mumuric statement.
Why would a Yoruba man invest in an erosion infested and a potopoto region? When our region is full of huge potential and ability to attract investors. Apart from Lagos. Oyo and Ogun state alone is enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by putin2: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2023
Nobody even care whether they dey exist .sw no get job na where to collect money

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Gentlerespect76: 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.

Yoruba kaaii
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Iamzik: 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.

Thank you for setting the record straight because our online IPOB gang will tell you that Yorubas do not own businesses or contribute anything meaningful in South East

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Iamzik: 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2023
Sucre7:

Will never work. Don't ask me why

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
You are good hosts to them and they are good visitors or 'migrants' to you because they don't behave negatively or poke nose into your local politics negatively.

Dude be silent abeg. Has any of them presented themselves for election and they were harassed? Oga this rubbish is becoming stale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Presidency Denies Favouring North, Muslims In Appointments / Benue Govt. Reacts To Apostle Johnson Suleman's Donation Of N5m To The State IDP / Sandra Bassey Is First Female To Lead Legislative Council In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.