Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home (26121 Views)

BREAKING: “anambra”yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / Compendium Of Pmb's Ongoing & Completed Projects & Policy Successes In S/E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by SmartyPants(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Normally I don't mind long write ups but mann that was too long and repetitive.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by EmiDon11: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
G
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Soon they will start skull minning in Awka
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Zeebuy: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Not actually a big deal. Leave the nonsense you hear from emptyheads on nairaland, there are a large number of Yorubas in igboland.

My former landlord is a Yoruba man from Osun State. I was his tenant at MCC road, Owerri. Last I heard, he's building another block of flats at Orji.

1 of my mechanic friends is a Yoruba man, married to an Igbo woman.

My licencing office plug is a Yoruba woman. She and her husband and kids live at ikenegbu

The electrician who did the wiring of my factory is a Yoruba man

An associate of mine who is the engineer who built that new hotel at Yar adua drive, just before that left turn, is a Yoruba man. Has been living in Owerri for more than 6 years.

The parcel of land next to where my factory is located was bought by a Yoruba man. They've started developing it, I heard it's a school.

The biggest provision store in my street is owned by a Yoruba woman. I won't forget last month when her hefty husband beat up 1 stupid boy on front of the boy's house. The boy is Igbo, but no one did anything or tried to attack the man, because the stupid boy deserved the beating

There are many many more, but some people here will make you think no Yorubas live in igboland. The average Igbo man doesn't care, as long as you don't threaten his family or his source of livelihood.

Some people say Igbos don't sell land to outsiders. Biggest lie. If you want land in Owerri, I have 2 plots at Orji to sell

Plenty of northerners too. A lot of my mom's customers are of northern extraction. It's from them I learnt that most of them don't like it when you say Buhari is their brother. They'll be quick to correct you that Buhari is Fulani while they're hausa

13 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by TundeBricklayer: 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
I learnt that SW has quite an investment in the East.
The biggest mall in the SE,Polo Park was built by Tayo Amusan with the cooperation of the govt.
There are Chicken Republic,Tantalizers and other SW and Nigeria top eateries in the SE.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
There was a time I went to the SE and had cause to go to Asaba Which is very close to Onitsha,I stayed there for a couple of days.
Just on the Benin-Onitsha express road,I saw about 3 to 4 Swesterners coys.
I saw on the right side going to the Niger bridge en route to Onitsha,A huge industry called Animal Feeds,I saw Elizade coy,a petrol station owned by a Yoruba man on the left then a block making establishment by a Westerner.
I thought that seeing about 4 coys of Western origin in a distance not too far means there are still others strewn all over the SE and SS.
Through my research,I believe that Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed.
He is the developer of Polo mall not the owner stop confusing yourself

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by 3ple9iner: 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

There is even an Oba grin

God bless my Igbo neigbours. Nobody is telling them to go back to their villages. Nobody is destroying their Establishment or demolishing their Houses under the pretence that they did not abide by the building plans.

Our Igbo brothers are the true Definition of one Nigeria when such does not exist in the minds of those who hate & jealous them.

God bless all Igbos anywhere they are & give my SS people the wisdom to know who their real brothers & enemies are
Its because the Yorubas there don't claim right in illegality, the don't build on drainage nor on canal way, they respect there host and the culture of there hosts.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by emerged01(m): 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
Greener pasture 😂😂
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by gigabyte13: 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
Yorubas, very very peaceful and loving people
Dem no dey follow anybody Papa drag land
Dem no dey follow anybody Papa drag power.
Dem no dey follow anybody Papa drag wertin no belong or concern Dem.
Dem no dey pass their boundary
Unlike some strange bird fellow
Who enter your city via night bus
Turn to owner the following morning.
Awon omo olori pelebe , irankiran oshi.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ogene001: 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
You are good hosts to them and they are good visitors or 'migrants' to you because they don't behave negatively or poke nose into your local politics negatively.
To shift goalposts no de hard una

6 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Beazysledge: 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
The biggest mall in the SE,Polo Park was built by Tayo Amusan with the cooperation of the govt.
There are Chicken Republic,Tantalizers and other SW and Nigeria top eateries in the SE.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
There was a time I went to the SE and had cause to go to Asaba Which is very close to Onitsha,I stayed there for a couple of days.
I saw on the right side going to the Niger bridge en route to Onitsha,A huge industry called Animal Feeds,I saw Elizade coy,a petrol station owned by a Yoruba man on the left then a block making establishment by a Westerner.
I thought that seeing about 4 coys of Western origin in a distance not too far means there are still others strewn all over the SE and SS.
Through my research,I believe that Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed.
una investment no pass agbo tailoring and taxi drivers no dey whine yrself the only tribe present in the east surprisingly are northerners
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by BluntCrazeMan: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
What??

These ones cannot be real yoruba abbegg..

Real yoruba people can never feel comfortable outside yoruba land.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by nedekid: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
I did nysc at abia state in the mid 90s, on transit, I stayed in owerri with a Yoruba guy residing there, having a nice time.
At aba, I found out most of the coppers from years before me stayed back and had families. It also happened during my set too. Most of the Yoruba guys did not return to Lagos. Some tried getting jobs in PortHarcourt due to the proximity of aba to ph. Some remained in their teaching jobs, many were retained where they served. Big companies eg pz, guiness were major employers that integrated lots of Yorubas as employees.
I remember we had lots of correct amala joints available, owned by Yoruba women resident in the state.
My copper paddy then, a typical mushin boy returned with me to Lagos but went back to aba to meet his yellow fine sweetheart. Na so we loose touch.
Yorubas reside and prosper in the east without stress or hindrance, it is those ones that don't travel that come online to complain.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by spagettiluv: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
Beazysledge:
una investment no pass agbo tailoring and taxi drivers no dey whine yrself the only tribe present in the east surprisingly are northerners
ok
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
Tjra:

I've always known not all Igbos are not tribalists. It is just sad the few bad few folks amongst them are making the rest of the world all of them as intolerant.

Polygamy is frowned at in my religion else would have taken an Igbo chick as a 2nd wife.

I learnt their yellow girls have hairy chest and bushy sweetpot. That turns me on cry

You can hardly see the fair girls that are very beautiful its either they stay outside the country or you see them in abj. The rest u see on the street are left overs, the beautiful ones are scarce

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ogene001: 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
At least they concede it is their second home and are grateful for whatever success they have acheive over there, not like those who after being allowed to feed fat of the good of the land and prosper, would begin to claim 'no mansland'.
Story. Continue deceiving yourself. Two directors yet nobody gives a fvck. We no be your mate

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Bigchristo: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
You are good hosts to them and they are good visitors or 'migrants' to you because they don't behave negatively or poke nose into your local politics negatively.
Shut up your mouth those people have PVC and they do vote like every other Igbo person in Southwest, some of you Yoruba people have problem with seeing another man’s business flourishing in your land and that’s where the hate against Igbo started they only champion it with Ronu to deprive others from expressing their civic responsibilities as a Nigerian, even if the Igbo are poke nosing it’s their right as a Nigerian, don’t use that as an excuse to destroy their business this is tribalism and you people should desist from it we all own Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ogene001: 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
Zeebuy:
Not actually a big deal. Leave the nonsense you hear from emptyheads on nairaland, there are a large number of Yorubas in igboland.

My former landlord is a Yoruba man from Osun State. I was his tenant at MCC road, Owerri. Last I heard, he's building another block of flats at Orji.

1 of my mechanic friends is a Yoruba man, married to an Igbo woman.

My licencing office plug is a Yoruba woman. She and her husband and kids live at ikenegbu

The electrician who did the wiring of my factory is a Yoruba man

An associate of mine who is the engineer who built that new hotel at Yar adua drive, just before that left turn, is a Yoruba man. Has been living in Owerri for more than 6 years.

The parcel of land next to where my factory is located was bought by a Yoruba man. They've started developing it, I heard it's a school.

The biggest provision store in my street is owned by a Yoruba woman. I won't forget last month when her hefty husband beat up 1 stupid boy on front of the boy's house. The boy is Igbo, but no one did anything or tried to attack the man, because the stupid boy deserved the beating

There are many many more, but some people here will make you think no Yorubas live in igboland. The average Igbo man doesn't care, as long as you don't threaten his family or his source of livelihood.

Some people say Igbos don't sell land to outsiders. Biggest lie. If you want land in Owerri, I have 2 plots at Orji to sell
I met a yorubas technician repairing garri processing machines in remote village in Enugu state

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by CHAQUR: 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
Just these 10 people...?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by exalt2009: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

you have a problem and you need to check...

There is even an Oba grin

God bless my Igbo neigbours. Nobody is telling them to go back to their villages. Nobody is destroying their Establishment or demolishing their Houses under the pretence that they did not abide by the building plans.

Our Igbo brothers are the true Definition of one Nigeria when such does not exist in the minds of those who hate & jealous them.

God bless all Igbos anywhere they are & give my SS people the wisdom to know who their real brothers & enemies are

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by yommen: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
Just like South Africans who don't travel out, Yorubas don't believe in settling outside their lands or investing outside Lagos state.....

But they will be very quick to call out other regions for not accommodating them.... Simply because, there's noone selling Ewedu and Amala around for easy consumption.

Is it that you don't learn? Yorubas do not have to make noise about what they do. If Yorubas do not travel out of their region, how come this headline? If Yorubas don't move out of their regions, how come Yoruba language is the most spoken West African Language in the US and UK? Why is it that you only believe in what pleases you?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by 1Alex: 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Splendid.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
this is what we have been saying. You are just talking like a stranger in Nigeria.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by lutheran(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
This is why it is important for you all to have some understanding. The Yoruba people in the eastern region are living peacefully and maintaining proper behavior. Have you seen any Yoruba individuals referring to any part of the east as a no man’s land, like some of your fellow brothers and sisters do in Lagos? It is quite disrespectful to call Lagos a no man’s land. If your brothers can maintain good behavior and respect their hosts, there would be no need for anyone to ask them to return to their villages if they cannot live in peace with their hosts.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by PDPdestroyer(m): 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2023
Lol. But Yorubas don't leave their region naw, who are these ones? grin
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by 90dbest: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2023
We will soon chase them back to ogbomosho where those triblistic ingrates belong. Useless yoruba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Skillsnigeria: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2023
That's good and nice
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
At least they concede it is their second home and are grateful for whatever success they have acheive over there, not like those who after being allowed to feed fat of the good of the land and prosper, would begin to claim 'no mansland'.

At least you seen that there are yoruba living in igbo land.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ASAPFERG: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
Who goes to that desolate unpleasant region?
fake yorubas spotted
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by 90dbest: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
lutheran:
This is why it is important for you all to have some understanding. The Yoruba people in the eastern region are living peacefully and maintaining proper behavior. Have you seen any Yoruba individuals referring to any part of the east as a no man’s land, like some of your fellow brothers and sisters do in Lagos? It is quite disrespectful to call Lagos a no man’s land. If your brothers can maintain good behavior and respect their hosts, there would be no need for anyone to ask them to return to their villages if they cannot live in peace with their hosts.
shut up, people that your useless Yoruba tribe prevented from voting, were they shouting no man's land at polling unit during election. Una cup don full for Nigeria, very soon the blood go overlow. You envious tribalistic people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue / Getting Replacement For Lai Mohammed, Difficult – Oyegun / Court Orders Suspension Of Patience Jonathan's Accounts In Several Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.