Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home (26054 Views)

BREAKING: “anambra”yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / Compendium Of Pmb's Ongoing & Completed Projects & Policy Successes In S/E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by DarkJeddi(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
You are good hosts to them and they are good visitors or 'migrants' to you because they don't behave negatively or poke nose into your local politics negatively.
Poke nose into local politics?
By that you mean exercising their fundamental rights to vote for a candidate of their choice?
The issue you lot have is that their population of voters is enough to sway elections..
That's why you sh1t your pants during elections..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by DarkJeddi(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
NiajaCover:
I SMELL LIES
When you are rotten to the core,the only smell emanating from you would be foul..

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by TundeBricklayer: 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:

What is this one saying now?
I was talking about the savviness of Yorubas in business both in Nigeria and abroad and you posted Ikeja city mall.
Shut up you claimed Yoruba is the owner of the malls in Nigeria, Novare Investment Ltd the owner of ShopRite Nigeria the biggest shareholders are foreigners

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by webizone(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
At least they concede it is their second home and are grateful for whatever success they have acheive over there, not like those who after being allowed to feed fat of the good of the land and prosper, would begin to claim 'no mansland'.

Read my signature 👇🏿
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Mombebe: 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2023
Zeebuy:
Not actually a big deal. Leave the nonsense you hear from emptyheads on nairaland, there are a large number of Yorubas in igboland.

My former landlord is a Yoruba man from Osun State. I was his tenant at MCC road, Owerri. Last I heard, he's building another block of flats at Orji.

1 of my mechanic friends is a Yoruba man, married to an Igbo woman.

My licencing office plug is a Yoruba woman. She and her husband and kids live at ikenegbu

The electrician who did the wiring of my factory is a Yoruba man

An associate of mine who is the engineer who built that new hotel at Yar adua drive, just before that left turn, is a Yoruba man. Has been living in Owerri for more than 6 years.

The parcel of land next to where my factory is located was bought by a Yoruba man. They've started developing it, I heard it's a school.

The biggest provision store in my street is owned by a Yoruba woman. I won't forget last month when her hefty husband beat up 1 stupid boy on front of the boy's house. The boy is Igbo, but no one did anything or tried to attack the man, because the stupid boy deserved the beating

There are many many more, but some people here will make you think no Yorubas live in igboland. The average Igbo man doesn't care, as long as you don't threaten his family or his source of livelihood.

Some people say Igbos don't sell land to outsiders. Biggest lie. If you want land in Owerri, I have 2 plots at Orji to sell

Plenty of northerners too. A lot of my mom's customers are of northern extraction. It's from them I learnt that most of them don't like it when you say Buhari is their brother. They'll be quick to correct you that Buhari is Fulani while they're hausa

Not only Yorubas, other tribes come to Igbo to seek greener pastures and they're accommodated and treated nicely,but the reverse is the case when an igboman go to the other parts of the country for same purpose.
The level of intimidation, harassments and thuggery and extortion going on in the SW is very bad.
I will say that typical yorubaman is a hypocrite and evil.minded.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ayo25: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
Gettat
Funkyswagzz:

I gave u chance to express ur grievians and u blew it. Your problem not mine. Enjoy
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Mombebe: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
lutheran:
This is why it is important for you all to have some understanding. The Yoruba people in the eastern region are living peacefully and maintaining proper behavior. Have you seen any Yoruba individuals referring to any part of the east as a no man’s land, like some of your fellow brothers and sisters do in Lagos? It is quite disrespectful to call Lagos a no man’s land. If your brothers can maintain good behavior and respect their hosts, there would be no need for anyone to ask them to return to their villages if they cannot live in peace with their hosts.

If your brother can not decipher when the no man's matter started and who started it, and if they can't eschew thuggery, intimidation, harassments, extortion, blackmailing,envy and jealous on the Igbos..then let the status quo continue.
What goes around comes around,after the 1966-1970 civil war Igbos killed,there properties destroyed and their assets confiscated.
But we rise again to dominate in business and commerce fearless making bold steps, thriving amidst hates, suppression, marginalization and unfair treatment by you folks.. nothing you can do again can break our spirit.
After 8 years Tinubu will step down and life continues,but what goes around comes around!
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by dbestcno(m): 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
Their brothers will still claim SE doesn't accommodate other tribes

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Mombebe: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
lutheran:
This is why it is important for you all to have some understanding. The Yoruba people in the eastern region are living peacefully and maintaining proper behavior. Have you seen any Yoruba individuals referring to any part of the east as a no man’s land, like some of your fellow brothers and sisters do in Lagos? It is quite disrespectful to call Lagos a no man’s land. If your brothers can maintain good behavior and respect their hosts, there would be no need for anyone to ask them to return to their villages if they cannot live in peace with their hosts.

If your brother can not decipher when the no man's matter started and who started it, and if they can't eschew thuggery, intimidation, harassments, extortion, blackmailing,envy and jealous on the Igbos..then let the status quo continue.
What goes around comes around,after the 1966-1970 civil war Igbos were killed,their properties destroyed and their assets confiscated.
But we rose again to dominate in business and commerce fearless making bold steps, thriving amidst hates, suppression, marginalization and unfair treatment by you folks.. nothing you can do again can break our spirit.
After 8 years Tinubu will step down and life continues,but what goes around comes around!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by webizone(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mubiola360:
No one is telling them to go back home because they never said Anamvra is a no man's land, they respected the laws of tge land,they are also helping g in the growth and development of their host community without shouting Developer in arrogance.
I served in Anambra and I know for a fact how loving Igbo people might be , I was the cds president and I mingled well with the community. Most of you have been brainwashed by political gladiators and the bias media that we forgot to see ourselves as human, brother rather than threat and opposition . Lets grow together.

The first part and the second part of your write-up does not match. You dey disguise abi? Oya, read my signature 👇🏿
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
Gettat

Make sure u pass the hatred to ur generations
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Babathanks(m): 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
Emyzoloye5:
Anambra is a home for all, we don't ask people to go back to their region like the other region at the waste

May Anambra favour them all
If not because of politics. Nobody will say that. Igbos dominate businesses in almost all Yoruba cities in the south west. Politics is a dirty game, you should know that

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by DonXavi(m): 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
b
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Pristine664: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:
You are good hosts to them and they are good visitors or 'migrants' to you because they don't behave negatively or poke nose into your local politics negatively.

Well said.

You will also notice that Yorubas over there won't call Igbos cowards in their own land, they won't call them dirty, they won't say they are the one that develop Anambra, they won't call Anambra a No man's land, they won't make unnecessary demands.....
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by webizone(m): 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

How about the Yoruba living in Kano., .kaduna, Rivers, Edo, Akwa Ibom.
The Yoruba have invested hugely in Edo state. Good and ask that ugly obaseki.
If you have been to Kaduna and kano you won't say this mumuric statement.
Why would a Yoruba man invest in an erosion invested and a potopoto region? When our region is full of huge potential and ability to attract investors. Apart from Lagos. Oyo and Ogun state alone is enough.

Answer to bolded: Because they can't compete with the acumen, discipline and the grit of the locals.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by MrSly(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

There is even an Oba grin

God bless my Igbo neigbours. Nobody is telling them to go back to their villages. Nobody is destroying their Establishment or demolishing their Houses under the pretence that they did not abide by the building plans.

Our Igbo brothers are the true Definition of one Nigeria when such does not exist in the minds of those who hate & jealous them.

God bless all Igbos anywhere they are & give my SS people the wisdom to know who their real brothers & enemies are

Even though no one actually care for South South region. The way we treat them makes them think that they are special were as they only have crude which left alone they will all kill themselves for it. I have serious question mark about South South region. They are not any better than building demolishers of South West.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by MrSly(m): 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
Putinofrussia:

In Anambra everybody has right. Miyattialla has right and had a good rapport with the govt. You have the freedom to do anything legal including vying to be the governor of the state. The funny thing is that if you have shown competence, the same igbos will abandon fellow igbo candidate and vote you. We have our unique way of thinking and I like that. Though U am not trying to convince you
so you may do whatever you think is right to you including demolishing people's house because they voted against you and your preferred presidential candidate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by BitterTruth0001: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
lutheran:

Jakande was the one who FIRST referred to Lagos as a no man’s land .
Stop misyarning .
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by MrSly(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Tjra:

I've always known not all Igbos are not tribalists. It is just sad the few bad folks amongst them are making the rest of the world see all of them as intolerant.

Polygamy is frowned at in my religion else would have taken an Igbo chick as a 2nd wife.

I learnt their yellow girls have hairy chest and bushy but very juicy sweetpot. That turns me on cry
And there are no few bad eggs in your Yoruba paradise. The bigots have started pretending to be nationalist. Forget it I know you for who you are, a tribalist. I also heard that Una girls are bleached and dirty down there but still very juicy. I don't care for them Shah.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by MrSly(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
Kingpele:
grin grin grin I don't the agbadorians said that yorubas don't migrate to other regions ...wow the truth remains that I have seen hardworking yorubas in Enugu City where I dey ...infact the guy that put burglary proof in my house is a nice yoruba guy...but lazy yorubas are mostly slave of APC online and very hungry offline
About 30 percent of tailors in awka are Yoruba
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by tamdun: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
Just like South Africans who don't travel out, Yorubas don't believe in settling outside their lands or investing outside Lagos state.....

But they will be very quick to call out other regions for not accommodating them.... Simply because, there's noone selling Ewedu and Amala around for easy consumption.
That was 2022,most spoken African languages in US was yoruba,it's not that we don't travel,we not just interested in ur region

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by joefelin2345: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2023
90dbest:
shut up, people that your useless Yoruba tribe prevented from voting, were they shouting no man's land at polling unit during election. Una cup don full for Nigeria, very soon the blood go overlow. You envious tribalistic people.
Continue to chest beat. When SSS pick you now you shall be claiming victimisation. Of course, you shall soon be picked up.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Christistruth00: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
Beremx:
Igbos accommodate other ethnic group without making noise about it.
We are the real accommodators. We don't threaten our hosts because we love everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Jeshurun90: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
Tjra:

I've always known not all Igbos are not tribalists. It is just sad the few bad folks amongst them are making the rest of the world see all of them as intolerant.

Polygamy is frowned at in my religion else would have taken an Igbo chick as a 2nd wife.

I learnt their yellow girls have hairy chest and bushy but very juicy sweetpot. That turns me on cry

O boy! SEE Sarcasm!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by XAUBulls: 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Can you stop all this goal shifting and subtle gaslighting. The person who started calling Lagos a No Man's land was Lateef Jakande a Yoruba man. And again what do you mean by Political interest, so are you saying all Yorubas must vote APC in Lagos? Come I really don't get you guys, so it is a crime for igbos to vote for whom they want to vote. Who told you that All Yorubas in Lagos want to vote APC that you can say it is their political interest? Madam you are too big for this display of foolishness. Just hide your faces in shame at the level of bigotry you guys are showing. Igbos don't care who you are in the east
False!

I didn't want to post on this tame or simplistic thread until I saw your post. You and others have to DESIST from spreading the fake news and propaganda referring to the former Governor of Lagos State Alhaji Abdulateef Jakande as being the first to make that comment.

NOTE:
It was Jaja Wachuku who FIRST carelessly refered to Lagos Island (NOT Lagos State) as a no-man's-land in 1947 during a lecture at Glover Hall, Lagos Island. Since then the Ibo-speaking members of NCNC in 1953 (constitution review) and at different times had made references to that misleading info. Go through the links below to read more:

https://guardian.ng/opinion/which-lagos-is-a-no-mans-land/

https://www.nairaland.com/7618960/jaja-anucha-nwachukwu-called-lagos/1

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by heysquare(m): 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
Just like South Africans who don't travel out, Yorubas don't believe in settling outside their lands or investing outside Lagos state.....

But they will be very quick to call out other regions for not accommodating them.... Simply because, there's noone selling Ewedu and Amala around for easy consumption.
The same reason why your tribe is
Flooding Yoruba land is the reason Yorubas 're staying in their homeland . It seems you want a region swap

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
XAUBulls:

False!

I didn't want to post on this tame or simplistic thread until I saw your post. You and others have to DESIST from spreading the fake news and propaganda referring to the former Governor of Lagos State Alhaji Abdulateef Jakande as being the first to make that comment.

NOTE:
It was Aja Wachuku who first carelessly refered to Lagos Island (NOT Lagos State) as a no-man's-land in 1947 during an Ibo Union speech. And since then the Ibo members of NCNC in 1953 and at different times had made references to that misleading info. Go through the links below to read more:

https://www.nairaland.com/7618960/jaja-anucha-nwachukwu-called-lagos/1#126695350

It is a big lie. Even Lateef jakande in his speech referred to Lagos as No man's land. Please do not use a nairaland post as your proof. Show us a write up where he said it
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by XAUBulls: 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

It is a big lie. Even Lateef jakande in his speech referred to Lagos as No man's land. Please do not use a nairaland post as your proof. Show us a write up where he said it
I gave this Weblink:
Jaja Wachuku made that speech in 1947.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Mftivi: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ayo25:
At least they concede it is their second home and are grateful for whatever success they have acheive over there, not like those who after being allowed to feed fat of the good of the land and prosper, would begin to claim 'no mansland'.
"allowed to feed fat" they go around picking money in your fathers compound ? Clowwwn

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Beremx(f): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
[quote author=Christistruth00 post=127398958][/quote] explanation without evidence
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
XAUBulls:

I gave this Weblink:
Aja Wachuku made that speech in 1947.

You know the funny thing, the statement was made in Igbo so how did Yorubas decoded that it was a no man's land that was what he meant. Also note that Lateef Jakande said it clearly in his inauguration speech in 1979 that Lagos is a no man's land.
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Irony1: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mftivi:
"allowed to feed fat" they go around picking money in your fathers compound ? Clowwwn

I tire ooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protest Against Religious Extremism In Kaduna (Photos) / Buhari’s Wedding: Three Months Later, FFK Says Pantami Is His Friend / 2023: I Will Be At Forefront Of Tinubu’s Campaign – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.