Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,271 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East (19646 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Destroy Infrastructures In Abuja And Lagos. / Nigerian Senate Makes Case For Nuclear Energy / New Infrastructures Constructed By Abia State Government (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Invest4growth: 6:37am On Dec 11, 2023
The current set of Governors are putting sustainable structures in place like the industrial parks, good network of roads etc. There is plan to dredge River Niger that would enable bigger ships to berth. It is a gradual thing. Meanwhile people should stop vandalizing those infrastructure for selfish personal gains. We should name, shame and jail without option of a fine those who vandalize infrastructure when caught. Yet we cry.for the.provision and when provided, people in the same community vandalize. Armed robbers are not spirits. They stay in communities like everybody
Meanwhile state governments should desist from the obscene spending of more resources on government houses instead of promoting development

2 Likes

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by nams77: 6:38am On Dec 11, 2023
Panda7:
didn't he say igbo's have states in nigeria. Igbos are always there fighting yoruba in yoruba state. are igbo's and yoruba from the same region?
Let me ask you in all honesty. Apart from some Igbo youths making jest that Lagos is no man's land, have any Igbo person carry arms to fight and attack you? Let's me sincere.
Which tribe have gone to your villages, kill and maim your brothers and fathers, rape your sisters and mothers and try to chase you away from your farms? Is it the Igbo or the Fulanis?
Why not face the truth and rescue your land.
A man whose house is on fire is busy hunting grasshoppers?
You in particular needs sense. A healthy dose of it

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by johnjose68: 6:40am On Dec 11, 2023
Unrated900:
Na WA oooo you cannot even make a complete comprehensive messages.
U kept on making repetitions.
Shebi
Shebi
Shebi
Shebi.
This yoluba people self ennnn
Na WA ooooo
Shebi
Shebi
Shebi

Una neva see shumting.

Shebi una be developer....what are you wailing for.

Go and develop your Redmond, God-forsaken, dead-beat, deserted region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by SonOfDSoil01: 6:47am On Dec 11, 2023
rdokoye:

The issue here is disenfranchisement. It's not about you, your opinion doesn't matter. It's about the alienation that Igbo people feel in Nigeria, whether real or imagined. You solve that, by doing the things he talked about. Making everyone feel as though they are a part of the country.

The mere fact that his words agitate you, just gives more credence to them. You should be an advocate of such things as a "Nigerian".

Just like in the 90s, when Yoruba people felt alienated, what did everyone do? They came together and propped up Obasanjo, and Igbo people voted for him in mass. For the sake of making Yoruba feel like they were a part of the country.

Now it's time for reciprocation, and what do you do? You turn around and say, "it's imagined, go solve it yourself, we're not doing anything to you".
grin hahaha when its convinient for you dolt, you shift narratives...the case of obasanjo being rallied around for presidency is quite diffferent. The yorubas contested an election and won but was robbed of that mandate so its only fair for them to be pacified and quit with the lies u ibos have been spreading, ibos never voted abiola, he only won in anambra so stop with the lies. Now comapring that, as a factor of maginalisation is false

Your people suck at politices and to you dolt everything is by being aggressive and you try to bully other in voting your candidate in the last election grin that reallly back fired. After insulting everyone elses and you expect vote from them? Thats just being delutional. Work on yourself and change your arrogant and disrespectful attiude to others if you want things to change or else yall all with coninue to wail.

And finally ibo land is landlock with no access to sea, so i dont understand where all the demand for seaport is coming from. Onne port is functional . You dont have to be in lagos if thats your excuss but the problem of an ibo man is within, call your leaders to accountability and not just focus on the center.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Basic123: 7:03am On Dec 11, 2023
codemaniacs:

It is impossible to marginalize an ethnic nation that has a region to itself or is the majority in a region..

Igbos are not marginalized..

the way Nigeria is structured, ethnic nations that control a state can never ever be relegated, igbos control at least 5 states, the states means indigenous government officials ( Igbo officials ) will always receive funds.

If Igbos were marginalized then that means that since 1970 they have not received any allocation from the FG and they have never held any federal government political appointments, and never been governors in their own states..

You igbos are pros at emotional blackmailing other people to manipulate them to do what you want

Like Basic123, SmartyPants tsdarkside has already commented for you guys to learn...

GOD BLESS YOU.
NA EMOTIONAL BLACKMAILING AND MANIPULATION.

And their instrument of blackmailing and manipulation is PLAYING VICTIM in everything.

IGBO PEOPLE will continue to shout marginalization till kingdom come even when they are dominating everywhere. All things they are shouting marginalization on could have been corrected when they dominated government of GEJ but the truth is that,there was nothing to correct as nobody is truly marginalising them but their usual VICTIM PLAYING FOR THE SAKE OF EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL AND MANIPULATION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Gerrard59(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2023
santaclaws:

It's not even about the south east 'getting' a seaport or not. The fact is that they don't have the natural facility (ocean) for the infrastructure they're asking for. If the SE had a coastline and the government refused to build a seaport, that would've been another case entirely.

Some politicians have brainwashed our eastern brothers into thinking they should have a seaport while neglecting other feasible projects like good rails and dry ports.

That has been my argument, but some of my people think the region can have a seaport. Geographically, it is not possible. I have argued that the alternative is to liaise and collaborate with ethnic groups which share boundaries with the Atlantic Ocean; Ijaws, Efiks, Ibibios, Oron People, Itsekiri etc. Because even dry ports in the east would have their goods transported to and fro from ports in areas that don't have an Igbo majority.

Rail has been removed from the exclusive list. The plan ought to be connecting Calabar to Uyo to Port-harcourt to Aba to Enugu to Onitsha to Asaba to Ughelli to Warri (whichever comes first on the map). Also, electricity generation has been removed.

Privatise everything. If possible, hand over management to foreign firms - Chinese, Singaporean, Japanese or Korean. Nigerians should not run the system for the first twenty years.

After doing the railway, construct roads and install poll booths. Again, privatise everything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by SonOfDSoil01: 7:05am On Dec 11, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
kuku say na Igbos de generate all revenue for Lagos.. nonsense chest beating where is the sea in South East to do seaport... Make una deceive inaself cos one political foreigner de yarn dust
dont mind that clown, always saying nonsense. Lagos has always been a thriving city even before nigeria ever can into existence...and it will forever remain so because of its strategic location.

The break down of how lagos generate their income have be publish herw severally, and the tax paid by those petty 2*2 shop owners is just a little fraction of what the state earn and most of it is collected by the local govt cheesy so i dont understand this noise about ibos being the major tax payer in lagos. Dangote refinary only will useless whatever it is they think they pay in ta not to talk of other multinatinals and also Pay e income tax...this clowns must joking grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Bigkoko: 7:05am On Dec 11, 2023
The begining of the end of Lagos hegemony.... Kudos to the Wandering Jews of West Africa. I think its your time to arise and shine. Yorubans and the north have had their time but blew it to corruption, quota system, owambe and bad leadership. It's either the Igbos are allowed to go their way in peace or a full autonomy like the Basque of Spain. Full Stop.

South West can hoon their skills and export more of Oyedepos & Adeboyes, while the North exports more terrorists, i dont care. The Igbos need more infrastructures and enabling environment for development.

Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv-b-yHFRQ?si=rkGVzetolrYAIwTb

ARISE TV

- Says; Igbos in Nigeria, 73% says sometimes or always, are treated unfairly by the government.

- Says; This is the highest rate of any ethnic group surveyed in Africa.

- Says; In their (Igbo) view, they are sometimes always being treated unfairly by the government.

- Says; Igbos feel disconnect from the government and that needs to be addressed.

- Says; The grievance is that you have a very product region that's exporting not just to Nigeria, but internationally. You have I think, Imo and Anambra, are number 4 and 6 for GDP in Nigeria in 2021, which was a very violent Year, even in the midst of the violence, three of the five South East states were in the top 12 for GDP per Capita, yet there's no Seaport, the bridges are not good, the roads are not good.

- Says; The unrest is an infrastructural thing though with political lenses.

Many more.....

-

-

https://www.iri.org/who-we-are/iri-experts/santiago-stocker/

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Gerrard59(m): 7:09am On Dec 11, 2023
nams77:

Let me ask you in all honesty. Apart from some Igbo youths making jest that Lagos is no man's land, have any Igbo person carry arms to fight and attack you? Let's me sincere.
Which tribe have gone to your villages, kill and maim your brothers and fathers, rape your sisters and mothers and try to chase you away from your farms? Is it the Igbo or the Fulanis?

No prominent Igbo person has stated such publicly. You should not be gaslighted with that accusation. When thrown the statement, explicitly ask for the name of the Igbo person who has PUBLICLY stated that "Lagos is no man's land". Public statement by a prominent Igbo individual, whether the person resides in Nigeria or abroad.

Two, you should stop appeasing certain people. Allow their conscience (assuming they have one) to judge them. Don't ever appease people who don't like you. No matter what you do, they will always accuse/dislike you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Bigkoko: 7:12am On Dec 11, 2023
You can not put sense into the skull of a person determined to be foolish & stupid at the same time! The hegemony of Lagos will be broken, too bad, Dangote would be one of the biggest losers when the food we dey cook go soon don.

Once The Eastern ports gets open, berthing in Western ports would be so expensive that within as little as 10 years it will fall apart.....
With bad infrastructures & full throttle corruption, who will use Lagos ports? Only Dangote grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nams77:

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Gerrard59(m): 7:16am On Dec 11, 2023
seguno2:

Why do Igbos fail to blackmail other Nigerians for the civil war atrocities, in the same way that Jews do for Holocaust and Rwandan Tutsis do for the 1994 genocide? What makes them not focus their efforts on this

The Jews are very powerful, and you had governments which are sympathetic, aka have conscience. The German government has acknowledged the genocides in Namibia and Tanzania. The Dutch have done the same for colonisation in Indonesia. Black dominated governments never do the same. There is a reason I want the White man to continue his dominance of the world. If he ever fails, the Chinese man takes over. The Black man should never dominate this world as it is. Not like it is going to be possible anyway.

Secondly, asking for quotas tends to harm a group more than good. Isn't it funny that Igbos who suffered a civil war which decimated their livelihoods and the society are made to attain high scores over the north, which hasn't experienced such? For instance, Chinese Malays dominate the private sector in Malaysia and score very high in national examinations even though there are national quotas for native Malays. The Chinese out-perform every other racial group even though national policies are stacked against them.

The aim is for equal opportunities, not equal outcomes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Gerrard59(m): 7:20am On Dec 11, 2023
codemaniacs:

there is a majority Igbo group close to the Atlantic Ocean but they deny their igbo identity they call themselves ikwerres and are majority in Rivers State and have igbo names and culture but deny been igbos

If they say they are not Igbos, fine and good. This is about economics. Cultural differences can be tossed aside.

P.S. When outside Nigeria, those same people are seen as Igbos by other Nigerians. So, the joke is on them.

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by hammerFC: 7:25am On Dec 11, 2023
IGBOS AND BIAFRA ARE LEAVING.

THAT IS THE ONLY WAY BLACK MAN WILL GET SENSE OR REASON.

ANYTHING SHORT OF THAT, IS LIKE POURING WATER ON STONE.

IF IN DOUBT GO AND ASK ISRAEL ABOUT PHAROAH EGYPT.

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Mbanda(m): 7:25am On Dec 11, 2023
Supremos:
what are you on?
I refuse to be on your lies.
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by VEHINTOLAR: 7:45am On Dec 11, 2023
Supremos:
Nigeria is loosing precious lives to senseless killings that ordinary dialogue would have served.

These are people's uncles, fathers and brothers.

The officer videoing this is even wailing...

You're chestbeating with something that's capable of bringing calamity to your people and when it happens now,you'll still be the first to start shouting genocide while calling on the UN,US,FIFA,UEFA, ISRAEL,EU,etal ! People like you are the problems of Igbo nation and that's why Kanu will continue to languish in prison !
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by seguno2: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

The Jews are very powerful, and you had governments which are sympathetic, aka have conscience. The German government has acknowledged the genocides in Namibia and Tanzania. The Dutch have done the same for colonisation in Indonesia. Black dominated governments never do the same. There is a reason I want the White man to continue his dominance of the world. If he ever fails, the Chinese man takes over. The Black man should never dominate this world as it is. Not like it is going to be possible anyway.

Secondly, asking for quotas tends to harm a group more than good. Isn't it funny that Igbos who suffered a civil war which decimated their livelihoods and the society are made to attain high scores over the north, which hasn't experienced such? For instance, Chinese Malays dominate the private sector in Malaysia and score very high in national examinations even though there are national quotas for native Malays. The Chinese out-perform every other racial group even though national policies are stacked against them.

The aim is for equal opportunities, not equal outcomes.

While I understand your skepticism about our current situation, I don’t think that we are much different from other races a few centuries or millennia ago.

I am more interested to know how the other races evolved from being where we are stuck today, into being more law abiding people for widespread welfare of everyone.
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by codemaniacs: 7:50am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

Oga I have asked that can you swear that the representation is fair and equal in federal civil service? You have been dancing everywhere, look bros just shut up and run along abeg.

representation is very fair in the federal civil service.

you igbos are the only ones that will produce a governor in Delta state and Rivers state and claim that you don't have seaport.

Any igbo shouting marginalization has a mental problem.

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by codemaniacs: 7:56am On Dec 11, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Did you go through my comment or you're just so shallow to understand my comment??

You said Ikwerres are close to the Atlantic ocean and I said NO, Ikwerres are not close to the Atlantic ocean.

An urhobo man is the governor of Delta state and where the delta port is located is in warri, and warri is not part of Igbo land. Delta have just one seaport.

And Ikwerres are not Igbo. Wike made it clear.

An Igbo man named Wike was the governor of Rivers state for 8 years.

Another igbo man named Ifeanyi Okowa was also the governor of Delta for 8 years.

which means igbos had 2 governors of states with international seaports and airports yet you igbos still complain of marginaliztion..

you igbos are the only ones that will produce a governor in Delta state and Rivers state and claim that you don't have seaport.

Any igbo shouting marginalization is just trying to use emotional blackmail on people.
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by agabusta: 8:01am On Dec 11, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
APC & Buhari will rather build rail line from Kano to Maradi Niger Republic than to develop the SE.

So the 2nd Naija bridge Buhari built is not development?
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by codemaniacs: 8:09am On Dec 11, 2023
nams77:

Igbos have attacked the Yorubas politically, socially, economically e.t.c.

Yorubas and igbos fought each other during the civil war..

the civil war was Yoruba vs Igbo war.

in the 1960s , nzeogwu exhibited such hatred towards Yorubas.

"According to a Nigerian Police Special Branch Report, nzeogwu executed at least 4 army and police security personnel including one of the men on his team (Sergeant Daramola Oyegoke). nzeogwu also participated in the execution of Col. Raph Shodeinde, his superior officer at the Nigerian Military Training College and is reported to have shot indiscriminately at fleeing women and children.."..

the statement above shows pure hatred for Yorubas and a lot of igbos all have this similar behavior towards Yorubas.

The igbos also tried to attack the SW but we're stopped at Ore.

Before the civil war, Nnamdi Azikwe was also fighting the Yorubas politically because he wanted to be premier of the Yoruba region.

Azikwe tried to politically get Lagos and the SW region.
Ojukwu tried to use warfare to get Lagos..
Peter Obi and CRV tried politically to get Lagos.

Over 60 years and counting only Igbos have targeted and are still targeting Lagos and Yorubas.

some people on this are already shouting "Lagos will fail" just because the governor is not igbo.

must igbos subjugate Yorubas before igbos have a sense of achievement

you igbos already have Rivers state, Delta state, Anambra states yet you are more concerned about the SW, the Yorubas and who is governor of Lagos.

2 petroleum producing states with seaports and airports yet you igbos are not happy that a place called Lagos is not under igbo control .

you are sick and have serious mental problems.
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by 90dbest: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2023
Generalmystic:
I watched the video and it was crazy.

The army and the police will keep dieing in the east until Nigeria gets sense and do what is right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Eriokanmi: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
kuku say na Igbos de generate all revenue for Lagos.. nonsense chest beating where is the sea in South East to do seaport... Make una deceive inaself cos one political foreigner de yarn dust
Who are the make una?. Do i sound like ibo to you? Iranu! Go to every Street, major areas in lagos, how many of our people own shops, hotels etc? What of pharmaceutical and other key sectors? 90% of hotels in lagos are owned by them. They own 3 of the major banks here. Tribalism has blinded the eyes of most of you such that, they came here, bought houses which they initially rented and the owner vacates it . Omo onilę didn't see any potential in the land he's selling and using the money to marry more wives and drink ogogoro, but was so much enticed by the money and sold it for omo ibo to erect mansions and hotels, even in choice locations in lagos.

Instead of you guys to learn from their business prosperity and prowess, you're busy playing the tribal game and as you're busy doing that, they're also busy taking our lands and sending our people to Ifo, Mowe, Ibafo where our people go after selling their lands in lagos to get cheap plots to build on. Go to lekki, ajah, VI...etc they've taken over. You can only rant and rant. Until you're able to remove that stick of Tribalism blocking your eyes, the trend will only continue.

Hospitality business, awon omo ibo ni
Logistics, awon naa ni
Automobile, awon ni
Transportation, awon ni.
Banking, they're taking over already
Pharmaceutical, na dem

Go to airport road and see their hotels line up on both sides. What were our people looking at, when they were busy buying all these places? E ma gbon lojokan. If you can't beat them, better join them. I've gained a lot from these people. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Irony1: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2023
codemaniacs:

representation is very fair in the federal civil service.

Any igbo shouting marginalization has a mental problem.

You are the biggest liar. Ever please fear God and have a conscience. My mother was retrenched from NPA and they brought northerners that were on secondment from state ministries to work in NPA. You are a very wicked person for playing Ostrich. Please don't let people who were affected by this marginalisation hear this otherwise they will curse you.
How many igbos could do sedondment from their state ministries? My mother's boss in NPA went on leave and a northerner acted in his place, when the man resumed from his leave, the northerner refused to go instead of them querying the northerner, the Igbo man was taken to stores and placed under a northerner whom he was senior to in the civil service all to make him resign, and you are here saying rubbish. Oga don't utter this rubbish outside because people will beat you.

1 Like

Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by akpumping7720(m): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I agree with you. Part of our IGR in Lagos can always be credited to these people's huge contribution to the economic growth of the state. I am not a trialist and I will never be one. Create a sea port in the SE and give them good roads. All the agitations and feelings of disconnect will stop. The FG will only earn much more revenues via Sea Port, should this be considered,

Even if the FG is not capable of building a sea port there, they can do a Public Private partnership thing. It is quite possible. The Lagos Deep Sea port is not owned by one entity alone, it is a partnership thing. Like I once said on this forum, the federal government knows what to do to guarantee peace and oneness but deliberately, they do not want to do it. I said this when the IG asked the Igbos to stop making people orphans and widows by killing the police in the SE. To govern Nigeria is not difficult at all, if only we can shun bigotry and tribalism. I have studied the political atmosphere of this country well as I have mingle with nearly all the tribes in the land and sought their opinions.
You see this issue of tribalism was what I was discussing this early morning with my partner. I will keep repeating it that this is what is killing Nigeria. And I can boldly say it that the Ibos are the number one player of tribalism and bigotry in Nigeria

She is working with a big supermarket on the island owned by an Ibo man. She complained bitterly about the tribalism and nepotism going on there. There are staff that have spent up to 10 years with the company but they refused to promote them. Rather they promote fellow igbos. Even non-igbos with good qualifications will never be promoted as branch manager.

The company I worked for is owned by a Yoruba person from Oyo state. Our accountant/head of finance is an igbo lady from Anambra state. Take a look at Tinubu's government when he was Lagos state governor, look at how he spread his appointments among other tribes. Same goes to Obasanjo administration, same as Yar'dua. But can the same be said of an igbo man if given the chance to be the president? At least we can see what Obi did in Anambra by removing non-Anambrans from the civil service.

As for seaport issue; can you make an omelette without eggs? There are functional ports in SS which the east can use. Ibos should come together and amend their ways and every other things will fall in place. Prominent igbos like Soludo keep saying it that this Nzogbu Nzogbu politics will not work, yet they called him names. No tribe is perfect but at least we should learn to accommodate others and create a level playing ground.

All these things this white man said ought to have been achieved during Obasanjo's tenure when the igbos dominated his cabinet up to GEJ's era.
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by MomohMrMoore: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2023
Igbos are their own enemy. They always pursue thewrong thing. They are always in the wrong place, wrong party, wrong decision, wrong policy.. when they lose which is very clear, they blame others. They want Now Now result. They never orchestrate a plan to yield result in the nearest time, they want it now and they do all the wrong things which will inevitably not achieve their aims. Unless there is a change in their mentality, they will never achieve anything.
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Irony1: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2023
codemaniacs:

Igbos have attacked the Yorubas politically, socially, economically e.t.c.

Yorubas and igbos fought each other during the civil war..

the civil war was Yoruba vs Igbo war.

in the 1960s , nzeogwu exhibited such hatred towards Yorubas.

"According to a Nigerian Police Special Branch Report, nzeogwu executed at least 4 army and police security personnel including one of the men on his team (Sergeant Daramola Oyegoke). nzeogwu also participated in the execution of Col. Raph Shodeinde, his superior officer at the Nigerian Military Training College and is reported to have shot indiscriminately at fleeing women and children.."..

the statement above shows pure hatred for Yorubas and a lot of igbos all have this similar behavior towards Yorubas.

The igbos also tried to attack the SW but we're stopped at Ore.

Before the civil war, Nnamdi Azikwe was also fighting the Yorubas politically because he wanted to be premier of the Yoruba region.

Azikwe tried to politically get Lagos and the SW region.
Ojukwu tried to use warfare to get Lagos..
Peter Obi and CRV tried politically to get Lagos.

Over 60 years and counting only Igbos have targeted and are still targeting Lagos and Yorubas.

some people on this are already shouting "Lagos will fail" just because the governor is not igbo.

must igbos subjugate Yorubas before igbos have a sense of achievement

you igbos already have Rivers state, Delta state, Anambra states yet you are more concerned about the SW, the Yorubas and who is governor of Lagos.

2 petroleum producing states with seaports and airports yet you igbos are not happy that a place called Lagos is not under igbo control .

you are sick and have serious mental problems.

When did igbos subjugate Yorubas? Oga be very careful with this rubbish that uou are saying. I thinknit hight time DSS flags nairaland and starts arresting some of you, maybe then you guys would have sense. A foreigner is talking about marginalisation of igbos. But you found a way to make it an Igbo vs yoruba thing. See DSS needs to flag nairaland as a place where bigots and tribalist like you indoctrinate people. Enough is enough

Did Nzeogwu kill any Yoruba or was it not Sardauna he killed. Why do you people always exhibit mischief and gaslight people. See I promise you I will DSS to flag nairaland, when they start arresting guys like you. Then this nonsense will stop, you think manipulation, gaslighting and propaganda sells again your eyes will clear people like you will soon fo to jail for ethnic baiting and lies.
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by akpumping7720(m): 8:38am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

Azumini River to the ocean is the same nautical distance as Tincan to the Ocean. So SE is not landlocked as you think.
So what happened during those years when Okonjo was the finance minister? The Ubah brothers were very closed to obasanjo also.What happened when Obi was the economic head during Jonathan's regime?
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by codemaniacs: 8:39am On Dec 11, 2023
Irony1:

You are the biggest liar. Ever please fear God and have a conscience. My mother was retrenched from NPA and they brought northerners that were on secondment from state ministries to work in NPA. You are a very wicked person for playing Ostrich. Please don't let people who were affected by this marginalisation hear this otherwise they will curse you

that's what happens when there is a change of government from a southern President to a northern president...

what's wrong with northerners working in NPA didn't you igbos abolish regionalism system of government and put unitary system of government where non-indigenes can work in places where its meant to be difficult for them to work..

blame Nzeogwu, Azikiwe and Ojukwu...

your mother like other southern Nigerians is only suffering the consequences of the actions of Nzeogwu, Azikiwe and Ojukwu...

since you igbos are claiming to be landlocked then also your mother is not supposed to be working at the NPA...
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Irony1: 8:44am On Dec 11, 2023
codemaniacs:

that's what happens when there is a change of government from a southern President to a northern president...

what's wrong with northerners working in NPA didn't you igbos abolish regionalism system of government and put unitary system of government where non-indigenes can work in places where its meant to be difficult for them to work..

blame Nzeogwu, Azikiwe and Ojukwu...

your mother like other southern Nigerians is only suffering the consequences of the actions of Nzeogwu, Azikiwe and Ojukwu...

since you igbos are claiming to be landlocked then also your mother is not supposed to be working at the NPA...

Once again you are saying rubbish Zik did nothing Ojukwu did nothing he did what he had to do at that time. Are you now saying it is legal to work in a state ministry and then go to a federal parastatal and illegally take someone's role by not allowing the person to resume after vacation? Can you try it in a private company? Did I query northerners working in NPA? What I was saying is the illegality they exhibit in NPA.
See DSS must flag nairaland so that people like hou would be arrested
Re: Santiago Stocker Makes Case For Seaport & Infrastructures In South East by Irony1: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2023
akpumping7720:

So what happened during those years when Okonjo was the finance minister? The Ubah brothers were very closed to obasanjo also.What happened when Obi was the economic head during Jonathan's regime?

Who has the majority votes to ensure that these projects are approved and passed in the House of Assembly? Which region has the most voting power in the assembly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How The Federal Capital OF Nigeria Was Moved From Lagos To Abuja. / How FG Can Stop Killings In Plateau, Others — Atiku / Attacked Jackson Adebayo Receiving Treatment (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.