Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? (33322 Views)

About To JAPA - What Happens To Your Pension? / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
I don see say you be ignoramus
Watin concern me and downtown where I de work no far from me on the suburb

And why Gangsta go reason me
I get business with them

Why you go come another man land instead of you to mind your business and do Watin carry you come na Watin no concern you ny you de do. My rent is just 20% of my pay and me and my wife de ok which is better than the shit hope you de cause we get everything we want inside

As e no better for you na so you de pray make hand touch people as if you be God πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Enjoy your balablu you voted for
No be me do you
Don’t worry worst come to worst we go de do international support just like the world bank and western world de give ona moneyπŸ˜‚πŸ€£
na neighborhood grocery store you dey work ? cuz no big business dey 95th street my guy grin

3 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
na neighborhood grocery store you dey work ? cuz no big business dey 95th street my guy grin
olodo google 95th roseland
Under cook county
Popular places close by re oak lawn

Don’t be an ignorance

You de whine your self πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
olodo google 95th roseland
Under cook county
Popular places close by re oak lawn

Don’t be an ignorance

You de whine your self πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
this nigga job na to sweep jewel osco supermarket. dey play grin grin

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by XAUBulls: 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
Yes Sir, Salute. Chitown is the most segregated city in all of america. everybody lives separately. chinatown, greek town, southside for negros, lincoln park for yuppies, gold coast for the rich, uptown for the crackheads grin grin grin grin grin edgewater for nigerians, rogers park for jamaicans etc etc . so there is no social integration. lots of gang violence and baby mama drama in the black part of town. drug usage is universal now but used to be a black epidemic
Indeed Sukkot... You captured everything from a bird's eye view. That name "south side" that's in nearly every major city in the U.S. can be an irritant just thinking about the fact that the U.S. establishment had a hand in it and some Blacks in the 'hoods are not helping matters by not fully embracing what the New Economy has to offer to change the narrative. There are towns or suburbs whose populations have dropped over the decades because of the gang wars, sexual assaults, murders, drugs, etc. Families have had to further move to some towns or cities they perceive are safer, thereby leading to the decay in the infrastructure of the suburbs they left behind.

Even Nigerian-Americans and Nigerian immigrants have lost their lives in crossfires or robberies in the U.S. while driving cabs or just stepping out of their cars like a brilliant Nigerian lady of Yoruba descent who was studying for her PhD and she got shot a few years ago by an AA guy who just simply walked up to her car and pulled the trigger at close range.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
this nigga job na to sweep jewel osco supermarket. dey play grin grin
e pain am
Am a CDL classA truck driver
My weekly pay you no fit get am in 5 years of your life πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

You claim you de here for 10years and nothing to show?

You be criminal and dem depot you
Na the Pepe eye de do you so

You’re a failure πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

Indeed Sukkot... You captured everything from a bird's eye view. That name south side that's in nearly every major city in the U.S. can be an irritant just to thinking about that the fact that U.S. establishment had a hand in it and some Blacks in the 'hoods are not helping matters by not fully embracing what the New Economy has to offer to change the narrative. There are towns or suburbs whose populations have dropped over the decades because of the gang wars, sexual assaults, murders, drugs, etc. Families have had to further move to some towns or cities they perceive are safer, thereby leading to the decay in the infrastructure of the suburbs they left behind.

Even Nigerian-Americans and Nigerian immigrants have lost their lives in crossfires or robberies in the U.S. while driving cabs or just stepping out of their cars like a brilliant Nigerian lady of Yoruba descent who was studying for her PhD and she got shot a few years ago by an AA guy who just simply walked up to her car and pulled the trigger at close range.

whatttt in chicago ? whats her name shocked

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by newnigerdelta00: 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
If you have a good certification, still in your thirties or below 40, or even early forties, you are able to save up to N10m and have a child or two children and not a political actor or a clergy of a big church, may I ask, "What are you still waiting for"?

You see, 7 months ago, your N10m was about $22K. Now, it is only about $8590. However bad, it could still take you to UK, atleast. Then you can begin sorting your life. Even if you have a business, it will be eroded soon.
What the likes of GSK, P&G, Unilever, Suntory, etc are saw or are seeing and moving should give you signal that this train is headed to a total anarchy.

Even if you do not love yourself, for the sake of your family, move. There is no hope in the foreseeable horizon. I am not a doomsday prophet, but if you understand the times, you know that things are going to get worse.

10 years ago, I called a friend and advised him to come over to Canada. He said he is not going to another man's country to "slave". He would rather come and visit and enjoy holidays. Funny enough his subordinate took the initiative. His (surbordinate) wife got a scholarship and in two years he relocated and he and his family now lives big in Ontario.

Fastforward to 2023, my friend is now in his early-50s, he has lost his job, his tottering business is now almost moribund. No thanks to Tinubu's economic janglova. Now, he is asking me to help him and his family relocate. 4 adults (Him, his wife and 2 children). How?

My reply may be brutal abd unfair, "Bro, you are 10 years late". He is now franticky looking towards the UK, looking for buyers of his inheritance, but the Tories are locking the gate on Dec 31, 2023. Not sure if he can still make it across.

My advice, if you can leave this sinking ship, please do ASAP. Today, it is armed robbery and kidnapping. In few years, a reminisce of the 1000000 boys will resurface.

Someone is going to come here to preach that it is not rosy out there. Yes, at first it will be rough. With time you will get along, learn the system, culture, then boom, you will just know you made a bold move. Nigeria is not getting better soon. Atleast, not with the huge debts and dwindling revenues that is over 50% channelled to debt servicing. Not with over 45% budget deficits to be financed on loans. Not with low purchasing power of the populace. Not with this "owambe" government. Not when our oil production is already swapped for loans for next 5 years and steeply declining productivity.

No, not with a Tinubu that does not understand productivity.

We nor dey Japa,dangote did not Japa to have refinery....all the enemies of progress must Japa .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
e pain am
Am a CDL classA truck driver
My weekly pay you no fit get am in 5 years of your life πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

You claim you de here for 10years and nothing to show?

You be criminal and dem depot you
Na the Pepe eye de do you so

You’re a failure πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
so na you dey delivery drive the food to jewel osco grin grin

make gangsta disciple boys no reason your matter collect your truck from you grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by newnigerdelta00: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
clearcrystal:
80% of Nigerian youth will japa if they have the means.
Nigeria is like a sinking ship with a confused captain.

Then why can't you savage the ship yourself....
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Chekitaut: 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2023
Wisdom is required, the world no balance...
China case study
5.5cl table water is 2yuan=N320
A bag of Cement is 20yuan=N3,200
A plate of food is 30yuan=N4,800

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Poshpee: 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
which forex?

I rather gamble with my money than trade forex

Before u argue, tell me d difference between aviator game of sportybet n forex trading
Gbam! Aviator game is 100% better than forex.
You lose some, but gain more money.
One of my neigbour is cashing out big money every week on aviator.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
so na you dey delivery drive the food to jewel osco grin grin

make gangsta disciple boys no reason your matter collect your truck from you grin
oga rest you empty
Na the same gangster go reason you when you enter under ajah bridge for night πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

De waste your life de go πŸ˜‚
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Spandau: 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
oh no struggle but they wanted to eliminate that possibility by executing him first. they wanted zero resistance
Oga o
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
Spandau:

Oga o
awon akata niyen
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
oga rest you empty
Na the same gangster go reason you when you enter under ajah bridge for night πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

De waste your life de go πŸ˜‚
i no dey go ajah bridge. my waka no pass lekki phase1, victoria island and eko atlantic city. i no dey do pass myself

3 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
i no dey go ajah bridge. my waka no pass lekki phase1, victoria island and eko atlantic city. i no dey do pass myself
you de Nigeria your own country and you no de do pass your self
Na me wen de another man land go con do pass em self ?

De bobo your self πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
you de Nigeria your own country and you no de do pass your self
Na me wen de another man land go con do pass em self ?

De bobo your self πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
grin i suppose play come chicago one of these days. i miss giordanos deep dish pizza. you suppose dey go hyde park neighborhood . its only like 40 blocks away from you. thats where the yuppy trendy blacks hangout. obama who lives on 47th street comes to hyde park to cut his hair on 53rd street. i know his personal barber and his favorite chair. michelle is from hyde park too

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Spandau: 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
awon akata niyen

Yet they will be wailing like banshee on social media about the system being rigged against them and shit; whining about reparations and one utopian society were they won't have to work. They're so messed up with their thinking. Killed a promising lad for just laptop. Awon weyrey. And they will be wondering why Nigerians and other Africans avoid them like plague. That thing de pain dem.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Abioladoks: 11:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
motionarena:

I will sponsor you on 1 condition.
You will pay double of what I spent when you get abroad

Hmmm! But that’s too harsh ooo

When will I now have time to cater for the family I will be leaving behind.

Let’s be fair in our dealings to humanity
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Beuberry(f): 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

1. Some of the people that attacked the Capitol hill were jailed but the Kingpin still on the loose. His case was just referred to the Supreme Court.

2. It was shocking you claimed you have travelled. Your reasoning and style of writing are pathetic at minimum. You can actually take a pig from the mud but not the mud from the pig.
I will like to know the country that allows you in.

3. Do you know the number of homicide that remains unresolved in the States ?

4. Where did I claim Nigeria is greater than the US ? Don't twist my words. However, living in a rich country does not mean you will be rich. How is your own individual life ? Without you saying a word, I know it is pointing south.
Sufferhead how are you?
So what do you suggest for ya suffering families in Nigeria?
I mean those related to you by blood. Is Nigeria looking like it ll be better?
Shey make dem stay and hustle more or wise ones among them wey fit afford migration fee should japa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 12:15am On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
grin i suppose play come chicago one of these days. i miss giordanos deep dish pizza. you suppose dey go hyde park neighborhood . its only like 40 blocks away from you. thats where the yuppy trendy blacks hangout. obama who lives on 47th street comes to hyde park to cut his hair on 53rd street. i know his personal barber and his favorite chair. michelle is from hyde park too
Watin concern me and waka
My own na to go work come back house

I no get time for all those
I get target
And na to invest for home massively
Get citizenship for me and my kids and retire for naija

Na ona no Watin ona de waka de find

Who Obama and Michelle epp

4 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by IbeOkehie: 12:53am On Dec 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

Obviously, the Nigerians you would meet are in the middle class or upper middle class, but the question is how many are these people compared to the rest of the population? That is really the issue. It is like saying because Dangote is a billionaire, then most northerners are middle class or upper middle class, whereas that is false.

There are rich Nigerians and even middle class Nigerians (I don't ascribe to the belief that there is no middle class in Nigeria). But what is the number?

Most of the Anti-Japa Crew will never want to tackle that question πŸ™„ My experience living in Houston gave me some insight. Suffice to say that the proportion of Nigerians living at the world middle class standard of income & wealth is tiny.

You can even get an inkling of the reality right here on Nairaland. Most of the Nigerian residents who comment here regard ₦500K
or $500 monthly income as superlative. This likely means very few Nigerians earn this amount.
Which gives some credence to reputable surveys and my own direct observations and sources that less than 0.5% of Nigerian adults earn over ₦200K per month.

There's lots of data I'd like to know about Nigeria. What percentage of people over age 50 own a cement home from which they commute to their work...but do you even call it a modern, up to date home if it doesn't have running water?

How many Nigerian adults over age 21 own a car? In a country where "new" is generally means a scrapped, unsafe car disposed off as unusable in the USA, then exported to Nigeria.

I've repeated it many a time, I personally know working Nigerians earning $500 to $1500 per day in Nigeria, but the question remains - how many such people would you meet at MMIA on an average day? They're so rare as to be irrelevant to any discussion about the economic prospects of an average Nigerian citizen.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by malali: 1:08am On Dec 13, 2023
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by malali: 1:23am On Dec 13, 2023
KillingJoke:

Ma rerin

Kala !!
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Fadoria: 1:50am On Dec 13, 2023
I actually want to ,but where do u start from when u have no shishi, God send an helper to locate me even if its sponsorship when i get there i will refund back gradually......Are u the one God sent to me i mean You

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 3:58am On Dec 13, 2023
steeltrust:
Watin concern me and waka
My own na to go work come back house

I no get time for all those
I get target
And na to invest for home massively
Get citizenship for me and my kids and retire for naija

Na ona no Watin ona de waka de find

Who Obama and Michelle epp
life na about experience. When you die you no go carry anything with you but on your dying bed you go dey regret all the things you didn't get to do

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 4:06am On Dec 13, 2023
Spandau:

Yet they will be wailing like banshee on social media about the system being rigged against them and shit; whining about reparations and one utopian society were they won't have to work. They're so messed up with their thinking. Killed a promising lad for just laptop. Awon weyrey. And they will be wondering why Nigerians and other Africans avoid them like plague. That thing de pain dem.
awon werey I no dey even put mouth for there matter again. I used to in the past until I got spiritually aware to understand that everything everyone is going through na karma not happenstance. Also just because you are African American in this lifetime doesn't mean you were African American in past life. So I don't pay attention to their noise making anymore. Even their rap culture I have switched away from. I no just get their time anymore like before. Make every mallam face Hin own kettle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Spandau: 4:25am On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
awon werey I no dey even put mouth for there matter again. I used to in the past until I got spiritually aware to understand that everything everyone is going through na karma not happenstance. Also just because you are African American in this lifetime doesn't mean you were African American in past life. So I don't pay attention to their noise making anymore. Even their rap culture I have switched away from. I no just get their time anymore like before. Make every mallam face Hin own kettle

πŸ˜„ But still curious. Was there any investigation by cops? Any arrest made? Or did they just jelo like that?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 4:45am On Dec 13, 2023
Spandau:

πŸ˜„ But still curious. Was there any investigation by cops? Any arrest made? Or did they just jelo like that?
oh I didn't follow the case up. I left Chicago the following year and have never been back there

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 5:06am On Dec 13, 2023
sukkot:
Life na about experience. When you die you no go carry anything with you but on your dying bed you go dey regret all the things you didn't get to do
that for you. as for me, my own goal is to create a level playing field for my generation and create wealth. i dont have time for all those. The reason i'm here is to work legally, take the money back home, invest and retire, give my kids a second passport and also get them the best education since I didn't get the chance to get one. my life is simple; dont have time for frivolities

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 5:20am On Dec 13, 2023
steeltrust:
that for you. as for me, my own goal is to create a level playing field for my generation and create wealth. i dont have time for all those. The reason i'm here is to work legally, take the money back home, invest and retire, give my kids a second passport and also get them the best education since I didn't get the chance to get one. my life is simple; dont have time for frivolities
man proposes God disposes. You are not in control. Anything can happen at anytime . Death sickness etc etc
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:43am On Dec 13, 2023
All una greedy ,badwishers and despiradoes Nigerians should leave to modern slavery nations,let's have a sane and progressive country angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) / How The Wheel Of A Boeing 747 Aircraft Is Changed / Okada, Keke Ban: MC Oluomo In Talks With Lagos Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.