Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? (33544 Views)

About To JAPA - What Happens To Your Pension? / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bokeeto:
My people, I'm planning to sell off some properties next year to start applying for an MSc study visa route, please what are the best ways I can save proceeds in other currencies from the sale of these properties so I won't experience negative forex exchange when I want to use the funds.

Help a brother please.

Don't sell, rather use it to collect loan. [Collateral] you will need average of 15m to study in sept 2024... thats if the exchange doesnt get worse...

Dont worry when you get dere... you will be paying small small...
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Boss why you con comot Yankee nah..

How's the US compare to the life in the UK?
Chief, yankee no be place to raise family so i always knew i could never be there permanently. like your black child can be shot anytime either in school or by police or gangs. its a dangerous country. one of my partners on nairaland, we were in chicago together got blasted on by thugs. RIP BAWOMOLO

UK is better but there is no money there and taxation and bills is heavy. hand to mouth subsistence living for most. but if you dont care about being rich and independent then the UK is good for you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
stayed on southside, 70th and south shore drive opposite the golf course, next i stayed presidential towers downtown on madison and clinton. i have stayed uptown and edgewater and rogers park too
I’m on the south side to on Roseland through 95th
I wonder Watin concern you and you gang or police when your own is to hustle and go back home. So since ikorodu or warri is hostile and police brutality in Nigeria does it mean people ain’t doing their stuff.
Oga you no get talk abeg rest

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
Chief, yankee no be place to raise family so i always knew i could never be there permanently. like your black child can be shot anytime either in school or by police or gangs. its a dangerous country

UK is better but there is no money there and taxation and bills is heavy. hand to mouth subsistence living for most. but if you dont care about being rich and independent then the UK is good for you

Oh I get... you could have moved to Newyork or New Jersey... those states are very peaceful and nice to raise kids...

Omo be like say UK is not UKing dis days oh 🙂... but anyways... I believe its a good stepping Stone for peeps trying to move to the states or Australia

4 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
I wonder Watin concern you and you gang or police when your own is to hustle and go back home. So since ikorodu or warri is hostile and police brutality in Nigeria does it mean people ain’t doing their stuff.

So, you still carry this lingua dey Chicago. OMO ?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by isArray: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
Japa to enjoy nights like this grin

6 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by correctguy101(m): 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
AfahaAbia:

Japa na!! What's all this thread lately about Since 2015 the country has been sinking, is it now that you're seeing it? Japa of u want to Japa and stop rubbing it on people's face all the time

Nah, not since 2015...

The cancer killing the country na the one wey don tey for body... Imagine a oil dependent country with zero refining capabilities. If the country can't even refine oil that the country's livelihood depends almost entirely on, what other things can such a nation be productive at?

It's a hopeless nonsense abeg..

Those who can, jump ship quick.

6 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by CoronaVirusPro: 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Oh I get... you could have moved to Newyork or New Jersey... those states are very peaceful and nice to raise kids...

Omo be like say UK is not UKing dis days oh 🙂... but anyways... I believe its a good stepping Stone for peeps trying to move to the states or Australia

Every state has that gang banging part of it!

Not all of Chicago is unsafe, and not all of New-York and New Jersey is safe.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ogbe88(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
emmaodet:

grin grin

Bro, I just don't put mouth in japa discussion again.
The Nigerians I meet are a different type.
Many Nigerians are doing okay here. Living their best life.
You need to see how people go on vacations regularly in a group I am.
There are places I go and hotels I lodge or go to swim or gym and the calibers of Nigerians you see are quiet far different from the nairaland version
Liar.

It's you miscreants that voted this Govt to power, una go stuffer tire.

A coup is imminent and ready to sweep all u idiots away.

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Spandau: 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
stayed on southside, 70th and south shore drive opposite the golf course, next i stayed presidential towers downtown on madison and clinton. i have stayed uptown and edgewater and rogers park too

Sukkot, how did your late friend get involved with them? Give me the full gist cause I need to warn by bro over there.

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
KillingJoke:
Ma rerin

Of course. Who is having the last laugh now? 🤣🤣🤣

I would think you were such a tenacious troller who wouldn't even give me any breathing space. You should have followed me immediately and quoted me with one of your nonsense to show you were standing on business now. Small bans and you're already tired.

An unserious clown. Mtcheeeewwww.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Every state has that gang banging part of it!

Not all of Chicago is unsafe, and not all of New-York and New Jersey is safe.

Most Neighborhoods In NYC are very safe... NYPD and NJPD are doing a really great job to zero crime in the states
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Ayinde2000: 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
Used to think this way... Not anymore. japa if you have the means. If you don't, work hard and save up till you can afford it
kokoA:
You can go, japa is not for me..

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ogbe88(m): 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Omo you don waka o. Na every where that your leg don reach
He is a foolish man,

The local breed has not left his one room abode.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Gerrard59(m): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
emmaodet:

Bros, am even tired of arguing about japa no japa again because they will just see you as hater.
Many people are doing fine here in Nigeria and won't think about japaing yet the noise about japa on nairaland is way above the roof.
Some of them say that you can't get a visitor's visa to Europe or Canada with nija passport and when I enter the plane while coming back home last month, 90% of the people are using Nigerian passport because most of us queued and cleared through the Nigerians Only route while like 10% in the foreign passport route.
So who are these Nigerians getting visas everyday?
Who are these Nigerians filling up Ethiopia airlines like 8 a day to Nigeria with other airlines?

Where are they all getting visas for different countries when the japa crew nairaland version claim Nigeria passport is useless and can't go anywhere?
By now, I expect planes to just be 15 or 20% partially filled since Nigerian passport holders have been shadow-banned as they usually say it

Just as a clarification, if one is moving to Nigeria, it makes sense to use the Nigerian passport even if the person is a dual citizen of a developed country. The same applies when moving out; use the Nigerian passport when moving out and present the other passport upon arrival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by CoronaVirusPro: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Most Neighborhoods In NYC are very safe... NYPD and NJPD are doing a really great job to zero crime in the states

Same with illinois. Exclude Southern Chicago, and every other place is safe.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by KillingJoke: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Of course. Who is having the last laugh now? 🤣🤣🤣

I would think you were such a tenacious troller who wouldn't even give me any breathing space. You should have followed me immediately and quoted me with one of your nonsense to show you were standing on business now. Small bans and you're already tired.

An unserious clown. Mtcheeeewwww.

Kilo shele
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Fearyourcreator: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
does likes feed me
Maybe
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Same with illinois. Exclude Southern Chicago, and every other place is safe.

I think most of the Carlifonia also.... one of my best favourite US states
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Gerrard59(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
emmaodet:

grin grin

Bro, I just don't put mouth in japa discussion again.
The Nigerians I meet are a different type.
Many Nigerians are doing okay here. Living their best life.
You need to see how people go on vacations regularly in a group I am.
There are places I go and hotels I lodge or go to swim or gym and the calibers of Nigerians you see are quiet far different from the nairaland version

Obviously, the Nigerians you would meet are in the middle class or upper middle class, but the question is how many are these people compared to the rest of the population? That is really the issue. It is like saying because Dangote is a billionaire, then most northerners are middle class or upper middle class, whereas that is false.

There are rich Nigerians and even middle class Nigerians (I don't ascribe to the belief that there is no middle class in Nigeria). But what is the number?

4 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by CoronaVirusPro: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

I think most of the Carlifonia also.... one of my best favourite US states

Generally, Cali is a safe place. But it also has that other side. Cartel shiits!
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

oh I have been to New York, specifically Harlem, queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan and upstate Albany and I have been to New Jersey specifically east orange and Newark. It’s all concrete jungle bro lol and dangerous. It’s not for me

Uk is not bad at all ooo it’s just not a great place to go and look for money but it’s a great vacation spot or retirement spot if you are rich lol. But if you go there to look for money and you have no papers you go wipe yansh taya lmao

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
1TrippleCee:

So, you still carry this lingua dey Chicago. OMO ?
I don’t even know what wrong with you guys. How do you want me to speak or express myself. There’re lots of Mexicans, Chinese, Arabs etc here who can’t even speak good English but are still here doing well for themselves. If I may ask what is your standard as a Person going abroad. I can read, I can write
I can calculate
So what else do you want

Are you sure you’ve traveled out before ?

I’m speaking to you as a Naija guy so I’ve to bring it to that standard but if by any means I meet some one here who’s not a naija level with me I’ll update it if need be. I don’t have to impress you. Is this how you think ?

Do you even know the proper lingual used in the street of chicago is what you think as a proper English?

God abeg oh

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
bros I was engaged to a white woman back then so I was very concerned about my safety. Racist police officers etc .
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by emmaodet: 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

Obviously, the Nigerians you would meet are in the middle class or upper middle class, but the question is how many are these people compared to the rest of the population? That is really the issue. It is like saying because Dangote is a billionaire, then most northerners are middle class or upper middle class, whereas that is false.

There are rich Nigerians and even middle class Nigerians (I don't ascribe to the belief that there is no middle class in Nigeria). But what is the number?

I quiet agree with you but then, the reality I am seeing on ground is quiet different from the scream on social media.
I stood at the Ethiopia airport flight board last month at Addis Ababa and scanned the flight going to Nigeria, 8 flights bro, 8 flights for morning to afternoon on board. Not to even talk about evening own.
And most of these flight would be virtually full with 85% Nigerian passport holders.
By the time you factor in Kenya connecting flights, turkey own, British own etc every blessed bleeping day then you start wondering, who are these people?
Are they not feeling the economic impact? Are they in a different Nigeria than ours?
Where are they getting all these flight money for a country with a minimum wage of 30k per month?
Alot of things are not just measuring up

3 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
I don’t even know what wrong with you guys. How do you want me to speak or express myself. There’re lots of Mexicans, Chinese, Arabs etc here who can’t even speak good English but are still here doing well for themselves. If I may ask what is your standard as a Person going abroad. I can read, I can write
I can calculate
So what else do you want

Are you sure you’ve traveled out before ?

I’m speaking to you as a Naija guy so I’ve to bring it to that standard but if by any means I meet some one here who’s not a naija level with me I’ll update it if need be. I don’t have to impress you. Is this how you think ?

Do you even know the proper lingual used in the street of chicago is what you think as a proper English?

God abeg oh

Don't be silly
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by emmaodet: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

Just as a clarification, if one is moving to Nigeria, it makes sense to use the Nigerian passport even if the person is a dual citizen of a developed country. The same applies when moving out; use the Nigerian passport when moving out and present the other passport upon arrival.

Well, probably.
You have a point.
I will reason in that angle too
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

No levelup, dey console yourself dey go undecided
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
Spandau:

Sukkot, how did your late friend get involved with them? Give me the full gist cause I need to warn by bro over there.
well he was in this place called calumet city. It’s a southern suburb of Chicago. Basically it’s south side Chicago. He had just finished nairalanding from his college and was on his way home . He had his laptop bag with his laptop in it. Thugs saw the bag and decided to take it from him so they stepped up to him and BOOM they dumped bullets in him and took his bag and ran. He had just got home and was about to enter. He died on the cold concrete floor in front of his house

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
oh I have been to New York, specifically Harlem, queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan and upstate Albany and I have been to New Jersey specifically east orange and Newark. It’s all concrete jungle bro lol and dangerous. It’s not for me

Uk is not bad at all ooo it’s just not a great place to go and look for money but it’s a great vacation spot or retirement spot if you are rich lol. But if you go there to look for money and you have no papers you go wipe yansh taya lmao

Wow... Concrete jungle ke.. lol. This states are great mehn... it's now super safe.. unlike places like Baltimore, Memphis Tennessee... it's now safe for children... most of my family based in Newyork and few in New Jersey.... I'm also visiting for Christmas soon all the way from Carlifonia....

Hav got many cousins and friends in the UK... I guess most of them are enjoying thier lives over dere while others are working on japa 2.0 🙂

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Akano5(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2023
Make I see sponsor now, i will jump unto the next available flight....

poverty is real, person can't afford basic things those saying they can't Japa aren't living in poverty, that's why they're talking like that....

3 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
bros I was engaged to a white woman back then so I was very concerned about my safety. Racist police officers etc .
that why I said don’t let the media fool you. Especially this nairaland
Gone are the days things used to be authentic here but now it full of shit. Travel and see for your self. If I tell you say ikorodu na bad place e mean say na bad place ?

Racism is everywhere
Abi the one Igbos and Yoruba de for nairaland so na Watin be that

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Transport Fares To Increase By 40% From September 19 – APTCON / Benin-ore: We Were Cleared To Land On The Expressway - Helicopter Operators / Snake Killed At The Back Of Hotel I Lodged In Ado Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.