Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? (33295 Views)

About To JAPA - What Happens To Your Pension? / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Advision: 7:00am On Dec 12, 2023
I remember telling someone in Nigeria to move about 2 years back.

Baba said he wants to hit it big in Nigeria before he relocates. 2 years down the line, bros cannot fund the budget for relocation to any decent country.

Many Nigerians suffer from Stockholm syndrome, that is why buhari is leaving, they decided to chose tinubu to continue from where he stopped. No be juju be that?

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by chyzoo4u(m): 7:57am On Dec 12, 2023
online4business:

Gambia has a program for investors willing to start business there.

Can you throw more light on this please 🙏... I'm starting a business in The Gambia next year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BennyDGreat: 8:40am On Dec 12, 2023
online4business:
Why is everyone going to the US and UK it still boggle my mind.

Unhealthy foods plus big pharma push for drug for everyone should make anyone with means to stop going to the US or UK.

Why not country like Sweden or dermark...

Free country where sucralose potassium acesulfame and aspartame is banned.

If you're in the us do a small survey.

Call any of your friends and ask them of cancer rate... It's true the roof.

If friend Austin in Texas was complaining to me now that to shake people sef na wahala chemo treatment everywhere.

If you want to go abroad please find a country that big pharma is not indirectly controlling.

Here's how to know.

Check their election spending if big pharma is bankrolling the politicians like in US UK and new Zealand you're in for a shoker.

I dey Uganda dey live like the next messiah fresh food, clean unpolluted air and lots of sight seeing.

Citizenship sure for me next year... I wan use two stone kill one bed.

Get Uganda passport and Gambia passport.

Gambia has a program for investors willing to start business there.

Carpe Verde also has a money for citizenship deal but nothing dey there apart from their strong passport.

Ordinary to pass from Uganda to Rwanda (just like from Nigeria to Togo) dem go single you out once you flash your green passport.

If to say I no sabi the language of the military (Swahili) na so them go dey use me shine.

If you're coming to an African country make sure say you get something doing.

Here no be where them dey come hustle ooo.

Where can I learn Swahili online?

How long does it take to get the Ugandan passport?

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ZoomTravels: 9:21am On Dec 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Bros you are lucky you made the move in that 2020 o. The points now are unattainable. Even studying in Canada doesn't guarantee PR like before. Here in Chile, they are voting on Sunday to change the constitution and immigration is one thing they want to change. In the Brazil thread, they mentioned that the embassy has stopped issuing visa till further notice. Going forward immigration will get insanely difficult. Even with money you can't go anywhere.

With money you can always go anywhere.....as long as you are not applying from Nigeria. Many people still don't know you can't be walking up to big embassies these days if you are applying from Nigeria because they are not stupid, they see what's going on in the country.

20 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Oladhips(m): 11:22am On Dec 12, 2023
online4business:

If you're coming to an African country make sure say you get something doing.

Here no be where them dey come hustle ooo.

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by online4business: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Where can I learn Swahili online?

How long does it take to get the Ugandan passport?

Find someone who speak the language that's how to learn a language.

Duringo or an apps like that can help but nothing beat face to face teaching.

Uganda passport no be here ooo them dey only give to people who have money.

You can't buy it Uganda no be Nigeria you can try ooo but it's hard.

Here's the short story

I received hard currency in my Uganda account so they called me.

Uganda dey fear terrorist and any odd transfer from $1k dey attract people from government especially if na black man.

I knew about it because me self get target.

So we do meeting asking what I want to do with the money and source of the money.

I carry lapi open am for their front show them my freelancing account, blog and Payoneer account.

Give them numbers and email of clients wey dey pay steady.

Use th excuses send my client say I go delay work oo because Uganda people fit call me or them... Good Albi

Next month I send another one again na so the money dey there them dey call me to come invest.

Wetin I do... Make demand give condition.

The thing be say I nova reach 6 months here but my daughter has been hear for 13 years and she speak their language.

Once I reach six months it's a walk in the park.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by online4business: 11:48am On Dec 12, 2023
Oladhips:

Good at least you pay what you use no be like naija wey you dey pay service d y go like snail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by online4business: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2023
chyzoo4u:

Can you throw more light on this please 🙏... I'm starting a business in The Gambia next year.

No be all business get access to give you citizenship ooo.

Invest where the government is interested in so your interest matches their interest.

If not you're o.y.o.

Find a business the government is pushing for and invest there.

If you've enough funds just tell them straight up... I would love to invest more in Bleep but I'm not a citizen and my investment is a risk.

Na then go dey give you options 5 years tax holiday, we will support you with workers etc.

Just tell them what you want.

Me and my British friend that I went to meet in Gambia almost made the mistakes... Opening a business government have no hard in... Na so we for dey o.y.o wetin concern govt with digital marketing)

Give people (govt) what they want and they'll give you all you want.

8 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by LegallyBlunt: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2023
Owo. Ego. Kudi. Ipego. Cash!

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
Money
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by dododawa1: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
We believed in

NIGERIA

It will great soon.

Insha Allah.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by wunmi590(m): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2023

I'm still saving money, because once I leave im not looking back till after 10years

4 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Goodnewsforlife: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2023
AfahaAbia:

Japa na!! What's all this thread lately about Since 2015 the country has been sinking, is it now that you're seeing it? Japa of u want to Japa and stop rubbing it on people's face all the time
don’t mind all those noisemakers

They should leave without making any noise

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by CoronaVirusPro: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2023
Asiwaju`s re-election.

Will be relocating to Lagos once his victory is announced.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Dexy4yah(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2023

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Splitmind: 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
I don't believe in japa, Nigeria will be great soon just give Asiwaju time.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Nex12: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
dododawa1:
We believed in

NIGERIA

It will great soon.

Insha Allah.
Idiot.

I'm sure you have not eaten today.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by creativehubb: 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
The more you discredit Nigeria, the more you are discredited abroad.

Now Canada, UK increasing BTA, restricting Nigerians because of the way you people act like abroad is heaven...this is bad and it's only Nigerians that does this. Stay in your abroad, carry your families there. This is our country, everyone can not leave it and migrate, some prefer staying here. Stop acting like there is a serious crises in Nigeria, abroad is same as here, no free money.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by JagabanB: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
If you have a good certification, still in your thirties or below 40, or even early forties, you are able to save up to N10m and have a child or two children and not a political actor or a clergy of a big church, may I ask, "What are you still waiting for"?

You see, 7 months ago, your N10m was about $22K. Now, it is only about $8590. However bad, it could still take you to UK, atleast. Then you can begin sorting your life. Even if you have a business, it will be eroded soon.
What the likes of GSK, P&G, Unilever, Suntory, etc are saw or are seeing and moving should give you signal that this train is headed to a total anarchy.

Even if you do not love yourself, for the sake of your family, move. There is no hope in the foreseeable horizon. I am not a doomsday prophet, but if you understand the times, you know that things are going to get worse.

10 years ago, I called a friend and advised him to come over to Canada. He said he is not going to another man's country to "slave". He would rather come and visit and enjoy holidays. Funny enough his subordinate took the initiative. His (surbordinate) wife got a scholarship and in two years he relocated and he and his family now lives big in Ontario.

Fastforward to 2023, my friend is now in his early-50s, he has lost his job, his tottering business is now almost moribund. No thanks to Tinubu's economic janglova. Now, he is asking me to help him and his family relocate. 4 adults (Him, his wife and 2 children). How?

My reply may be brutal abd unfair, "Bro, you are 10 years late". He is now franticky looking towards the UK, looking for buyers of his inheritance, but the Tories are locking the gate on Dec 31, 2023. Not sure if he can still make it across.

My advice, if you can leave this sinking ship, please do ASAP. Today, it is armed robbery and kidnapping. In few years, a reminisce of the 1000000 boys will resurface.

Someone is going to come here to preach that it is not rosy out there. Yes, at first it will be rough. With time you will get along, learn the system, culture, then boom, you will just know you made a bold move. Nigeria is not getting better soon. Atleast, not with the huge debts and dwindling revenues that is over 50% channelled to debt servicing. Not with over 45% budget deficits to be financed on loans. Not with low purchasing power of the populace. Not with this "owambe" government. Not when our oil production is already swapped for loans for next 5 years and steeply declining productivity.

No, not with a Tinubu that does not understand productivity.
Everybody is not interested in ur japa f00Iishness, this is what u all should understand.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by JagabanB: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
clearcrystal:
80% of Nigerian youth will japa if they have the means.
Nigeria is like a sinking ship with a confused captain.
What is the total number of Nigerian youths before u got the 80%?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by occfx: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
Where 10m Wan come from if not from sporty or yahoo? I believe say na rapture dey take place, my turn go soon reach before amagedon

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Goodnewsforlife: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nex12:
Idiot.

your father is the f..ool

So u call him an idiot because he believed Nigeria will b great

Your father is d id….iot

Y can’t u just pass

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by StraightGaay: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
YOur mama
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Enigmaesq(m): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
@Ednut1 and co...abeg lead me the way out, I really want to Japa from 9ja

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by SeaTrade(m): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
GSK is also leaving Kenya ,
Is Kenya under anarchy too?
People do things for different reasons,and also a lot of people are doing very well here.
You expect them to leave what they've built and chart a course to the wilderness with terrible food,harsh weather and weird looking women where they're not even sure of an average life by their own definition?
Funny enough na security work dey wait you for major cities for that nonsense abroad.
Abegi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Goodnewsforlife: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Justicecreft:
Learn to trade forex and earn in dollars
which forex?

I rather gamble with my money than trade forex

Before u argue, tell me d difference between aviator game of sportybet n forex trading

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by iykepromotions: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Not a necessity. You can earn in dollars without traveling abroad. Am an example. I buy and sell expired domains from home. And am not planning to travel out. Check this awareness thread on getting started; https://www.nairaland.com/4519087/how-rich-selling-expired-domain

You can buy a domain for $9 and resell it $500 within few weeks. I've done it several times. Check the screenshot. Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4519087/how-rich-selling-expired-domain for free details

What am I traveling out for?

5 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by goody234: 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
Don't sell your house to japa o ...just borrow money on am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by creativehubb: 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nex12:
Idiot.

Stop this nonsense, enjoy your abroad in peace...the wealthiest Nigerians are here. You went there for greener pastures, stop shaming others. Poor people exist everywhere...some just like abroad because it looks finer, going abroad won't make you one of the top richest Nigerians if you don't have what it takes...so many abroad are managing, they can't even help their own family, always online abusing their country. You are the image of Nigeria abroad. Get sense.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sylve11: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
pansophist:
Even to get dollars sef, come hard. I cant count the people that have asked me to pay for something in usd, so they dump naira to my account. I always ask them, wetin I wan use millions of naira do?

This decade is the worse decade for Nigeria. Even the decade of civil war no worse reach this one. At least back then, guys went to the UK without a visa and naira hard power.

Oh men! grin cool sad cool

3 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Goodnewsforlife: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:
The more you discredit Nigeria, the more you are discredited abroad.

Now Canada, UK increasing BTA, restricting Nigerians because of the way you people act like abroad is heaven...this is bad and it's only Nigerians that does this. Stay in your abroad, carry your families there. This is our country, everyone can not leave it and migrate, some prefer staying here. Stop acting like there is a serious crises in Nigeria, abroad is same as here, no free money.
God bless u

Because of the madness they display online by making it seems Nigeria is fighting a war the whites are making it more difficult

Even countries fighting war don’t present it like that but since those people lost election they want to present Nigeria bad in d face of everyone

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Accident Caused Gridlock On Kaduna-Abuja Highway. Travelers Stranded For 48 Hrs / Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? / Couple And Their Son Travelling For Burial Die In Ondo Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.