Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,500 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? (33313 Views)

About To JAPA - What Happens To Your Pension? / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Love800(m): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
What do u mean by into sports and more buisness opportunities?
Geovanni412:

Big man, the Nigerians that do well in USA are not the ones doing menial jobs

My uncle who is doing alright there works in a tech company and even as at that, coming back to Nigeria with his entire family, is an expensive trip'

It will take him four years to recover financially from that trip he made

Another uncle of mine, works as a nurse in UK, he doesn't have $20,000 in his bank acct, even though he has been working in the system for at least 7 years.

The money no easy like that...as you dey make am, bills and taxes dey chop am too , even with a decent job

One delusional japa bro once told me that once he gets abroad and start working, he will get money to build hotel and gas plant in Nigeria

A house in Azikiwe road in Aba costs a minimum of N 100m to buy, how many people do you know that japa that can boast of $80,000 in their acct.?

Many Americans that earn that much don't even that type of money left after all is said and done, not to talk of Uk folks working caregiver and driver jobs.

The only benefit of japa is more opportunities if you are into sports or more business opportunities but as a 9-5 worker, you'll probably enjoy more in Nigeria than in Uk.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Love800(m): 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
Which papers are u refering to here. Is it work permit?
sukkot:
oh I have been to New York, specifically Harlem, queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan and upstate Albany and I have been to New Jersey specifically east orange and Newark. It’s all concrete jungle bro lol and dangerous. It’s not for me

Uk is not bad at all ooo it’s just not a great place to go and look for money but it’s a great vacation spot or retirement spot if you are rich lol. But if you go there to look for money and you have no papers you go wipe yansh taya lmao
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Love800(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
Can i join ur staff?
chi4ik4:
You guys should stop discrediting Nigeria in this way. I established my company in Nigeria, November 2022 (last year) with only 3 staff. Currently, I have 11 graduate as staff and the least paid is 100k.

Nigeria is not as bad as you guys portrays her. Do whatever that pleases you and allow others to breathe.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
SeaTrade:
GSK is also leaving Kenya ,
Is Kenya under anarchy too?
People do things for different reasons,and also a lot of people are doing very well here.
You expect them to leave what they've built and chart a course to the wilderness with terrible food,harsh weather and weird looking women where they're not even sure of an average life by their own definition?
Funny enough na security work dey wait you for major cities for that nonsense abroad.
Abegi

Stop talking nonsense before Yamayama fall on that your bald head. Things are very very rough in Kenya right now. This year alone the Kenyan Shillings has fallen by at least 50% vs the USD. It was 100 beginning of the year. It is now close to 160 to a dollar.

Why do you think there were huge riots there this year? People dey complain about how cost of living is getting too high. Their suffer is even more than naija own.

Right now, doing business in Naija, Ghana and Kenya is hard!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Love800:
Can i join ur staff?

Just like that
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
sukkot:
oh I have been to New York, specifically Harlem, queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan and upstate Albany and I have been to New Jersey specifically east orange and Newark. It’s all concrete jungle bro lol and dangerous. It’s not for me

Uk is not bad at all ooo it’s just not a great place to go and look for money but it’s a great vacation spot or retirement spot if you are rich lol. But if you go there to look for money and you have no papers you go wipe yansh taya lmao

You call Manhattan concrete jungle? Tell me where for Manhattan you know before Yamayama fall on that your bald head angry

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gerrard59:

Just as a clarification, if one is moving to Nigeria, it makes sense to use the Nigerian passport even if the person is a dual citizen of a developed country. The same applies when moving out; use the Nigerian passport when moving out and present the other passport upon arrival.

Who go allow you to comot from Naija with passport wey visa no dey? Which kind people be these wey man dey jam here. Person go just siddon dey type nonsense. Yamayama fall on that your bald head there angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Gerrard59(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

Who go allow you to comot from Naija with passport wey visa no dey? Which kind people be these wey man dey jam here. Person go just siddon dey type nonsense. Yamayama fall on that your bald head there angry

For curious readers, I am stating this:

Mr Tranquility is a dual Canadian/Nigerian: He plans to visit Nigeria this Christmas. As a Nigerian passport holder, he travels to Nigeria using the Nigerian passport. He would need a visa to visit Nigeria if he uses the Canadian passport. But as a Nigerian passport holder, he does not need such. After Christmas holder, he moves back to Canada. This time, he uses the Canadian passport because he holds the passport. He would need a visa to enter Canada if he uses his Nigerian passport. But as a Canadian passport holder, he does not need such..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
ednut1:
lol no be chevron, but a similar company ( multinational too). The guy dey nairaland make e no go vex for me. MBA is expensive o. Almost 100k usd in some schools. According to the guy almost all his fellow colleagues have residency in western countries, they have moved their families. With this Tinubu economy his eyes opened never thought it could get worse

But you said Chevron in your post. Dey there dey form lamba like the jobless bald headed man you are. Hiss angry

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ednut1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

But you said Chevron in your post. Dey there dey form lamba like the jobless bald headed man you are. Hiss angry
if you say i am jobless its fine. I have already explained that the person is on nairaland. And i didn’t want to mention his exact company. If my friend dey work for access bank and i want to share his story online. If i use zenith or first bank for anonymity na bad thing I can feed your generation and employ u as house boy no cap.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Love800(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Cant i ask to know what it entails?
Tranquility2345:

Just like that
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
ednut1:
if you say i am jobless its fine. I have already explained that the person is on nairaland. And i didn’t want to mention his exact company. If my friend dey work for access bank and i want to share his story online. If i use zenith or first bank for anonymity na bad thing I can feed your generation and employ u as house boy no cap.

You think say everybody here na those rats wey you dey oppress with tashere coins? May God punish your papa and him entire lineage if God see say na me go feed you and your papa generations. Say amen! angry

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ednut1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

You think say everybody here na those rats wey you dey oppress with tashere coins? May God punish your papa and him entire lineage if God see say na me go feed your papa generation. Say amen! angry
This is me in 2015 entering PWC. Many of the people from that thread are in oil companies, senior managers in banks, auditors in uk and Canada. You think everyone on NL is a riff raff like you. I can feed and employ you as an house boy

3 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
ednut1:

This is me in 2015 entering PWC. Many of the people from that thread are in oil companies, senior managers in banks, auditors in uk and Canada. You think everyone on NL is a riff raff like you

Look at this rat. Enter PWC 2015 and you think you can follow me talk? Even your ogas there Tosin and co cannot talk to me. May Yamayama fall on your life there for thinking me and you dey the same level. You must not know who you dey follow talk. WTF! angry

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Love800(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Thanks so much.
I have learned alot from u
BigDawsNet:

Browse some US Universities offering scholarships and get more information from their websites

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ednut1(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

Look at this rat. Enter PWC 2015 and you think you can follow me talk? Even your ogas there Tosin and co cannot talk to me. May Yamayama fall on your life there for thinking me and you dey the same level. You must not know who you dey follow talk. WTF! angry
hahahahaha he wants to fams. So people that entered pwc in 2015 cannot be in Chevron , Shell or Mobil See ya life. My offer still stands, i go employ you as houseboy. 100 dols a month is ok for you hahahah
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tranquility2345: 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
ednut1:
hahahahaha he wants to fams. So people that entered pwc in 2015 cannot be in Chevron , Shell or Mobil See ya life. My offer still stands, i go employ you as houseboy. 100 dols a month is ok for you hahahah

Your salary in a month is what I use to travel for fun. You rat wey dey hustle to enter PWC in 2015 dey follow me talk? Chai Tranquility don suffer o…

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ednut1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

Your salary in a month is what I use to travel for fun. You rat wey dey hustle to enter PWC in 2015 dey follow me talk? Chai Tranquility don suffer o…
you go explain tire no evidence. This is the original engagement

Does an ex-PWC staff not have colleagues and friends in Chevron, Mobil, or Shell Answer truthfully grin
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by ednut1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

Tosin Labeodan, Banjo and co na guys wey no fit follow me talk on a good day. Come to talk of you rat wey go dey call them sir.

I repeat, May God punish you and your papa very seriously if in real life you are not on my level and you dey hide for Nairaland to follow me talk. What nonsense! angry
Answer the question Mr Man, stop famsing , you go explain tire no evidence. you go google partners name dey form rubbish hahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

You think say everybody here na those rats wey you dey oppress with tashere coins? May God punish your papa and him entire lineage if God see say na me go feed you and your papa generations. Say amen! angry

You are my friend, going forward.

You are intelligent and you don't tolerate a fool grin grin grin
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by XAUBulls: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Wow this is a very good and reasonably accurate Anti-Japa comment. Thanks a lot for putting it up.

I've lived in the USA for over 30 years. I've relocated back to Nigeria, re-migrated back to USA. I've observed children grow from birth to adulthood in both Nigeria and USA/UK, I've consorted with the poor and rich and I think I have a reasonable handle on the issues. To use the popular witticism, I've seen it all.

The major suppressing factor against wealth building for Nigerians living abroad is their financial commitments to Nigeria in general and their relatives in particular. The sad part of all this is that most people in Nigeria have a passionate hatred for any diasporan relative who is helping them. I've seen and experienced this personally over many years and generations. You can even get a sense of it on this Nairaland. You can smell the hatred and JEALOUSY. I could tell you some very terrible stories.

There was a close friend I once travelled with to Nigeria. He had $60K on his person, declared and everything. Ordinary worker, not involved in any fraud or crime. He got to Nigeria and gave the money to his brother who lives in Nigeria to hold, deposit or change to naira. Do you know that to this very moment I'm talking to you, he's not seen that money again. This was over 15 years ago. And that's not anywhere near the worst case I've personally witnessed.

There's a doctor that wanted to buy land, it was $70K. He saw the land and in the village, sometimes you go with your people to negotiate. Anyway, he paid and all that was left was the final ceremony called "iwa nnu", it may have different names among other Igbo clans. He went back to the USA and left his brother to do the rite.

When the day came, his brother told the seller the doctor was no longer interested. The seller returned the money and the doctor hasn't seen a dime of it till today. Me myself I couldn't actually believe the thing o, even till now. And the doctor, well he's a rich guy, he just laughs about it.

So my advice to diasporans, I preach it here to all the people in my social circle, is to leave Nigeria and Nigerians alone. At the most, build a small tiny house in the village or maybe the city if your (extended) family has no house at all. The ONLY time a diasporan should start putting money into Nigeria is when they have an annual income of at least $250K for a single person or $300K per family. Or have a net worth of over $500K.

The ONLY thing a diasporan should aim to do for relatives is to bring them to the USA or wherever they want to migrate to. Make it a priority, work on it desperately until it's done. Give them that credible choice to come and earn for themselves and if they feel Nigeria is better, good for them, that frees you from any dependency.

All those your claims of poverty for people abroad, well if that's what you feel that's fine. If Nigerians abroad are so poor, how do they remit $10 to $25 billion per year? Even the Nigerian Federal Government's total revenue in 2022 wasn't over $15 billion. That your uncle who spends enough money to transport 4 or 6 people to Nigeria, I hope he earns over $250K/yr? If he earns less, he's just foolish, not poor. I was once like him, so I kinda understand.

Right now it will cost him over $15K to make a holiday trip to Nigeria assuming one has to ship in a car and make other sundry preparations. Why not save that, add some more and put a down payment on a small house in America that can grow in value over time...instead of wasting it on a useless trip to go and spend dollars on jealous and hateful relatives in the village.

Anyway I've lived the reality and I know that Nigeria's title as the Poverty Capital of the World is well deserved.

Have a good day and Good Luck to Nigerians.
Well said!

There are near-similarities between your post and that of the other thread (that hit the front page) on the man who found himself in Nigeria after 30 years of combined stay in the UK and the U.S. A very uncanny sequence of events.

Eternal vigilance is key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
Love800:
Thanks so much.
I have learned alot from u

You welcome
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by IbeOkehie: 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tranquility2345:

He was using "Chevron" as a generic stand in for a workplace in that industry. .

Goodness, come on now!!!

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by XAUBulls: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
sukkot:
Chief, yankee no be place to raise family so i always knew i could never be there permanently. like your black child can be shot anytime either in school or by police or gangs. its a dangerous country. one of my partners on nairaland, we were in chicago together got blasted on by thugs. RIP BAWOMOLO

UK is better but there is no money there and taxation and bills is heavy. hand to mouth subsistence living for most. but if you dont care about being rich and independent then the UK is good for you
=> https://www.nairaland.com/bawomolo
Olubusayo Awomolo was just 21 years of age and had 1 month to round off his master's degree program when he got shot in Chicago on November 29, 2010.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by homeboy232(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2023
Demand is high , most Nigerians in one direction , so d visa processing is double high ..
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Great0ne1: 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
JagabanB:

Most of the people who are in the class he's talking about are not interested in japa, that's why they are in Nigèria, u dón't belong in that class, most of u talk about japa doñ't beIong in that class, with ur kind of reply, u will likely ñèvèr achieve anything worthwhile in ur Iifètimè.
What class are you talking about ? Mind you there are probably no more class in nigeria today. Even a cleaner here in united kingdom earns more than a bank manager with 20 years working experience, in this shithole. It is not a coincidence that everyone is living, including managers of industries and big companies

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Great0ne1: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Tranquility2345:

Be there consoling yourself that with your cleaner job for UK, you are making more than a bank manager in naija. What a joker you are. Hahahaha grin grin grin
Opono!! Prove me wrong with facts . For the records, am not a cleaner in uk. But i dare you, a cleaner here in uk, earns more than 90% of proffesors in your shithole country. That is fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by DrAkpa(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
Tranquility2345:

All your posts on nairaland are abuses and curses. You must have been abused as a child as it is obvious you have serious mental and self esteem issues

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by JagabanB: 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
Great0ne1:

What class are you talking about ? Mind you there are probably no more class in nigeria today. Even a cleaner here in united kingdom earns more than a bank manager with 20 years working experience, in this shithole. It is not a coincidence that everyone is living, including managers of industries and big companies
Some of u dón't know how to read, did u read the post?
That's very true, even a garbage cleaner there earns more than the presîdent of Nîgerià.
That's how u folks misIead people to sûffèr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Update On The Lagos Metro Railway - Photos / Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados / Man Directs Traffic In Abuja After A Hectic Day At The Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.