Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? (33550 Views)

About To JAPA - What Happens To Your Pension? / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by achimendy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
Mcslize:

Travel the world with Nigeria passport that has no value. Even with the money, they will still treat them like criminals at major airports of the world due to their green passport.

Who really wants to travel the world needs a better passport to do that. That's why I laugh at some of these anti-japa folks that won't let us that want to travel breathe with their usual lame point of make money in Nigeria. Nigeria is a good country.

Good country my foot!

As for me, I am after my future dual citizenship for me and my 2 to 3 unborn kids.

Carry on my brother.

Next year by the grace of God am flying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
emmaodet:

Bros, am even tired of arguing about japa no japa again because they will just see you as hater.
Many people are doing fine here in Nigeria and won't think about japaing yet the noise about japa on nairaland is way above the roof.
Some of them say that you can't get a visitor's visa to Europe or Canada with nija passport and when I enter the plane while coming back home last month, 90% of the people are using Nigerian passport because most of us queued and cleared through the Nigerians Only route while like 10% in the foreign passport route.
So who are these Nigerians getting visas everyday?
Who are these Nigerians filling up Ethiopia airlines like 8 a day to Nigeria with other airlines?
Most of these flights are virtually filled up either while traveling out or coming back.
People are traveling out en mass everyday and coming in and most use the Nigerians only immigration route.
So who are these Nigerians getting visas? Every God damn days.
Where are they all getting visas for different countries when the japa crew nairaland version claim Nigeria passport is useless and can't go anywhere?
By now, I expect planes to just be 15 or 20% partially filled since Nigerian passport holders have been shadow-banned as they usually say it

It is annoying seeing people equating being abroad as equivalent to being rich.

Insulting hardworking Nigerians is a blow below the belt for me.

Anyone that wants to relocate should do it, those that want to be in Nigeria should be left alone.

The end, always justifies the means.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by callmenazarene: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
...well said. But wait o, if everyone leaves, who will build this nation?

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by achimendy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
lastkingsman:

It was Buhari that destroyed and killed the economy, Tinubu is giving the economy a proper burial

Hahahahahahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by studycenter: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
Too bad
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

You are just plain silly.

That citizenship you are chasing, I have 3 in countries you will want to kill yourself for, and I will not sound condescending to the people in Nigeria.

The question you asked shows you dont have a sound IQ.

Each country pays according to how expensive the country is.

In your uneducated mind, you are converting the cost of sweepers in Canada to that of Nigeria using exchange rate. That is what people of unsound mind do.

While you are informing me of the income in Canada, tell me the expenditure in Canada. Is it Naira you will spend in Canada ?.

People like you either remain perpetually in poverty over there or get deported because you cant process thing efficiently.

You are living below the poverty line in the country that you are, and you are not adding any empirical values to the country. Get it right.

Elder, you'll break my phone's screen

Why is 1stGenAmerican not on a hot thread like this tongue
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by emmaodet: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
SeaTrade:
GSK is also leaving Kenya ,
Is Kenya under anarchy too?
People do things for different reasons,and also a lot of people are doing very well here.
You expect them to leave what they've built and chart a course to the wilderness with terrible food,harsh weather and weird looking women where they're not even sure of an average life by their own definition?
Funny enough na security work dey wait you for major cities for that nonsense abroad.
Abegi

grin grin

Bro, I just don't put mouth in japa discussion again.
The Nigerians I meet are a different type.
Many Nigerians are doing okay here. Living their best life.
You need to see how people go on vacations regularly in a group I am.
There are places I go and hotels I lodge or go to swim or gym and the calibers of Nigerians you see are quiet far different from the nairaland version

5 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by emmaodet: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

It is annoying seeing people equating being abroad as equivalent to being rich.

Insulting hardworking Nigerians is a blow below the belt for me.

Anyone that wants to relocate should do it, those that want to be in Nigeria should be left alone.

The end, always justifies the means.

Exactly bro.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by NairaMaster1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
If you have a good certification, still in your thirties or below 40, or even early forties, you are able to save up to N10m and have a child or two children and not a political actor or a clergy of a big church, may I ask, "What are you still waiting for"?

You see, 7 months ago, your N10m was about $22K. Now, it is only about $8590. However bad, it could still take you to UK, atleast. Then you can begin sorting your life. Even if you have a business, it will be eroded soon.
What the likes of GSK, P&G, Unilever, Suntory, etc are saw or are seeing and moving should give you signal that this train is headed to a total anarchy.

Even if you do not love yourself, for the sake of your family, move. There is no hope in the foreseeable horizon. I am not a doomsday prophet, but if you understand the times, you know that things are going to get worse.

10 years ago, I called a friend and advised him to come over to Canada. He said he is not going to another man's country to "slave". He would rather come and visit and enjoy holidays. Funny enough his subordinate took the initiative. His (surbordinate) wife got a scholarship and in two years he relocated and he and his family now lives big in Ontario.

Fastforward to 2023, my friend is now in his early-50s, he has lost his job, his tottering business is now almost moribund. No thanks to Tinubu's economic janglova. Now, he is asking me to help him and his family relocate. 4 adults (Him, his wife and 2 children). How?

My reply may be brutal abd unfair, "Bro, you are 10 years late". He is now franticky looking towards the UK, looking for buyers of his inheritance, but the Tories are locking the gate on Dec 31, 2023. Not sure if he can still make it across.

My advice, if you can leave this sinking ship, please do ASAP. Today, it is armed robbery and kidnapping. In few years, a reminisce of the 1000000 boys will resurface.

Someone is going to come here to preach that it is not rosy out there. Yes, at first it will be rough. With time you will get along, learn the system, culture, then boom, you will just know you made a bold move. Nigeria is not getting better soon. Atleast, not with the huge debts and dwindling revenues that is over 50% channelled to debt servicing. Not with over 45% budget deficits to be financed on loans. Not with low purchasing power of the populace. Not with this "owambe" government. Not when our oil production is already swapped for loans for next 5 years and steeply declining productivity.

No, not with a Tinubu that does not understand productivity.

GSK left Nigeria in 1983 and came back. Check history.
If you want to travel, oya nau. We dey here.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by NairaMaster1(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
kokoA:
You can go, japa is not for me..

Don't mind the OP. GSK left Nigeria in 1983 and came back
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
liver123:
As a civil engineering graduate can my certificate and experience pave way for me over there if I japa

Which skills you get?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
MT:

As bad as it is for Africa, have you had a president who instigated citizens to undermine and attack democracy ?

US created democracy and Trump, a former President brazenly and openly attacked the Capitol Hill.

Is that how democracy works?

And he still has the audacity to desire to contest again despite multitude of criminal and civil charges?

Is that a sign of a system that works?

An average African will criticise his own country and turn a blind eye to the evils and shortcoming in the western world. Perfect definition of someone suffering from Inferiority complex. The westerners can never go wrong before such individuals.

These westerners who you are beholden to, do not give a shit about you.

Spits and shames!
Hahahahahaha, read everything you typed and see if it makes sense to you. And where did you see he instigated the crowed in the CAPITOL?, carry talk just de worry ona. What happened to those who did it? Did you know they are serving right now?. Now compare it with those that killed Deborah and those that bombed people in Kaduna. Tell me what happened to them. It has been swept under the carpet as usual. and you say Nigeria is better than America. No de whine yourself. How can you criticise a bad government and turn a blind eye? Does it make sense to you? see guy i no de talk again. I had this mind set while I was in Niaja before I changed my mind about living, so if you feel it is better for you, so be it. but don't say we didn't warn you.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by rmx: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

A russian woman came to give birth in chile but she didnt come on residency so they refused to give the child citizenship so she abandoned the child in chile and travelled back to russia. Now since the child is an orphan in Chile, they will have no option than to make the child a chilean. Its one of the major problems and they are voting regarding immigration on sunday. Chile is rewriting its whole constitution. As of last year sef, tech boys were getting work visa sponsorship to germany. Now even if you get a job in germany theres no appointment in the german embassy in Nigeria. Fucking insane.

Are u sure about this ? The Russian woman no sabi wetin she dey do
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by simongonner: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:
If you sha won japa... abeg go legally

Study
Work
PR
Marriage K1 Visa
Globa talent visa

If you don't value the japa... pls do it for your kids and generations...

I love Nigeria too.. but to be honest . Our leaders are very greedy... and it doesn't look like anything will change soon... as every powerful people are behind the wrong people now in Nigeria...

Nobody is forcing you to leave...
But Nigera was not great few decades ago...
It's not nice even presently
It may get worse in the future....

Remebwr your effort as a nigeria...Don't let ur kids struggle in life...

God will be with you all
well said..most people think japa is all about making big money. There is more to it to some of us
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by NairaMaster1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
AfahaAbia:

Japa na!! What's all this thread lately about Since 2015 the country has been sinking, is it now that you're seeing it? Japa of u want to Japa and stop rubbing it on people's face all the time

Don't mind them. My younger brother the US told me how Nigerians are suffering there. He said some of them are long dead and buried.

We dey here
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by UnfairLife7(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:
The more you discredit Nigeria, the more you are discredited abroad.

Now Canada, UK increasing BTA, restricting Nigerians because of the way you people act like abroad is heaven...this is bad and it's only Nigerians that does this. Stay in your abroad, carry your families there. This is our country, everyone can not leave it and migrate, some prefer staying here. Stop acting like there is a serious crises in Nigeria, abroad is same as here, no free money.
Which your abroad is same as here?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by kindlyheart: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
I don't have to Japa to succeed. If I have a business that can give steady 50k a month, I'm πŸ’― staisfied. I can grow it from there by investing. No need to go to another mans land

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
Bro, live them; make them de waste their lives thinking they're more patriotic than us who left. I have been in Chicago for a few weeks, and I know how my life has changed in just the few weeks I have been here. Just be like, say na now my life start. by the time the 2 million naira salary be like 2thousand naira time coming, na that time dem go know say khaki no be leather
nothing dey chicago. na edgewater you dey or rogers park or uptown ?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Difrent: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Validated:
If you have a good certification, still in your thirties or below 40, or even early forties, you are able to save up to N10m and have a child or two children and not a political actor or a clergy of a big church, may I ask, "What are you still waiting for"?

I keep telling you japarians that those japaing are those that already have more than most.
Na beans to raise 10M?
Is it with 20k Jobs or what?

Abeg make una dey japa in peace and stop all this unnecessary threads because even if UK and EU throw their doors wide open....most Nigerians still won't have capacity to japa

3 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mcslize: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Itiskdg121:
Some people will not understand.
This government policies are not favourable.

My own painful part is the workers' pension fund. Some of us have saved enough for pension only for the buying power to depreciate.
N 10,000,000 in 2021 could complete a 2 bedroom flat, but can we say the same today?

Most people would say, they do menial jobs in UK, US, Canada and so on. Will you remain on that spot for years?

Someone like me have left the country since, although the 1st year was rough, but its abundance right now.

The country is failing, but decision is personal anyway

All the anti-japa folks will never see these types of testimonies o. They only see how one person in their family traveled abroad and is now packing shits.

When people like you who have succeeded abroad drop testimonies like these, they will act they didn't see it and understand that a lot of Nigerians are not packing shits in that same abroad.

Make them dey turn a blind eye to testimonies like these till Nigeria happens to them all.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by sukkot: 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
Mamadf:
US Dollar just hit 1240 right now,naija dey play, Japaring going harder.
worldremit dey give bad rates
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by UnfairLife7(m): 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
so everyone in Nigeria is suffering?

The fact u are suffering doesn’t mean others are suffering too
majority are suffering

1 Like

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Mcslize: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
JohnRich146:

I sincerely believe Japa isn't for everyone to leave Nigeria, if you have hard work and you have a business you're running that can fetxh you huge money, I don't see any reason for you and your so called family should Japa to others country

Nigerians has a whole should be ashamed at all to time for leave their own country to another country

I believe you should ask yourself this question, how many foreigner left their to Nigeria

Please, you guys should stop all these baseless points. Come up with something better that can make us stay back in Nigeria that will ever make the country get better when we still have corrupt system of government and lack of basic amenities that reduce life span from 70 to 50.

Can you tell us why we should stay put in this country when things are getting worse for the masses?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by wealthyvic1: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
lastkingsman:

It was Buhari that destroyed and killed the economy, Tinubu is giving the economy a proper burial

I LAUGHED IN SWAHILI
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by BigDawsNet: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
simongonner:
well said..most people think japa is all about making big money. There is more to it to some of us

Sweearr bro.. it's about enjoying basic amenities and solid quality life...

How can you be in a country where they take light for weeks.. I mean in 21st centuries... when country like Ghana enjoy constant power...

Why is light a rocket science in naija?
Why do you have to get a connection to secure a job?
Why do you need to do runs to make it large
Why do you have to fly local plane because roads ain't secure no more?
Why do you have to be unsecured when you are with a policeman...
Why do you have to suffer rise of food cost in the market?

Chia... God will deliver Nigeria..

7 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
kindlyheart:
I don't have to Japa to succeed. If I have a business that can give steady 50k a month, I'm πŸ’― staisfied. I can grow it from there by investing. No need to go to another mans land

50,000 Naira every month ?

8 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by steeltrust: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
sukkot:
nothing dey chicago. na edgewater you dey or rogers park or uptown ?
de play
when you play finish make you rest grin grin
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by yewit37486: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
ednut1:
lol no be chevron, but a similar company ( multinational too). The guy dey nairaland make e no go vex for me. MBA is expensive o. Almost 100k usd in some schools. According to the guy almost all his fellow colleagues have residency in western countries, they have moved their families. With this Tinubu economy his eyes opened never thought it could get worse

You just couldn't resist the embellishment, typical Nigerian.
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
UnfairLife7:
majority are suffering

The honest truth is 85% of Nigerians are suffering

8 Likes

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by 1TrippleCee: 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
Bro, live them; make them de waste their lives thinking they're more patriotic than us who left. I have been in Chicago for a few weeks, and I know how my life has changed in just the few weeks I have been here. Just be like, say na now my life start. by the time the 2 million naira salary be like 2thousand naira time coming, na that time dem go know say khaki no be leather

Hope you no dey the part of Chicago wey the fellas there no know anything pass to dey kill one another ?
Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by MT: 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
steeltrust:
Hahahahahaha, read everything you typed and see if it makes sense to you. And where did you see he instigated the crowed in the CAPITOL?, carry talk just de worry ona. What happened to those who did it? Did you know they are serving right now?. Now compare it with those that killed Deborah and those that bombed people in Kaduna. Tell me what happened to them. It has been swept under the carpet as usual. and you say Nigeria is better than America. No de whine yourself. How can you criticise a bad government and turn a blind eye? Does it make sense to you? see guy i no de talk again. I had this mind set while I was in Niaja before I changed my mind about living, so if you feel it is better for you, so be it. but don't say we didn't warn you.

1. Some of the people that attacked the Capitol hill were jailed but the Kingpin still on the loose. His case was just referred to the Supreme Court.

2. It was shocking you claimed you have travelled. Your reasoning and style of writing are pathetic at minimum. You can actually take a pig from the mud but not the mud from the pig.
I will like to know the country that allows you in.

3. Do you know the number of homicide that remains unresolved in the States ?

4. Where did I claim Nigeria is greater than the US ? Don't twist my words. However, living in a rich country does not mean you will be rich. How is your own individual life ? Without you saying a word, I know it is pointing south.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: What Are You Still Waiting For? by Tonnyray: 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
firearcher:
If someone is not looking for validation, I doubt he or she will be posting unsolicited advice for everyone to japa, and then getting pissed when they are not receptive to the advice.

Japa could be absolutely right for some but absolutely wrong for others. Let everyone enjoy their own space. Life is all about choices and trade-offs. No one has everything.
Making a general and blanket call for everyone to japa without any consideration for their individual circumstances is just lack of wisdom
GOD bless you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Adekunle Fajuyi Memorial Park In Ado Ekiti / Benin-ore: We Were Cleared To Land On The Expressway - Helicopter Operators / Snake Killed At The Back Of Hotel I Lodged In Ado Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.