Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba (39428 Views)

CAF Congratulates Super Eagles Striker Victor Osimhen On Ballon D’or Nomination / Onuachu Replaces Osimhen In Nigeria’s Squad For Algeria, Tunisia Friendlies / I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by pafun(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
Oghodua:
I will personally add fifty thousand to it if you find one, there is absolutely none known to man

50,000 what? Naira? $ ? Lira ? $Zim? grin grin grin
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Gamesmart: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Usenokpevbo:
i don’t need to explain too much, it is obvious, Osimhen or Anyother lagosian like Genevieve Nnaji or Brainjotter that is not Yoruba that was born in Lagos state would not be voted for. It is because he is super successful now that is why you want to form familiarity

Obvious where?

But they allowed Aganga who is not Yoruba to take their ministerial slot despite knowing he is not originally Yoruba, so what nonsense are you chatting?

They did not have hundreds of Lagosians they could have proposed in his place?

Did Lagosians not even vote an Igbo man as their deputy mayor in the 1950s?

Who do you think voted for him?

Obidients?

You are talking nonsense!
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Oghodua: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2023
pafun:

50,000 what? Naira? $ ? Lira ? $Zim? grin grin grin
Stop pretending that 50,000 naira is nothing to your uneducated miserable existence, you get it first, if you can get it let me die young, you will not find it anywhere not even in your dreams

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Oghodua: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
Gamesmart:

Obvious where?

But they allowed Aganga who is not Yoruba to take their ministerial slot despite knowing he is not originally Yoruba, so what nonsense are you chatting?

They did not have hundreds of Lagosians they could have proposed in his place?

Did Lagosians not even vote an Igbo man as their deputy mayor in the 1950s?

Who do you think voted for him?

Obidients?

You are talking nonsense!
Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga is a Yoruba man and it was a bumpy ride for him. We are talking of a post 1960 politics. It will be harder for camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for an Edo Osimhen or an Igbo Genevieve or an Igbo brainjotter to be voted as the governor of Lagos state, even though they were born there

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Gamesmart: 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Oghodua:
Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga is a Yoruba man and it was a bumpy ride for him. We are talking of a post 1960 politics. It will be harder for camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for an Edo Osimhen or an Igbo Genevieve or an Igbo brainjotter to be voted as the governor of Lagos state, even though they were born there

If he is a Yoruba man, how come it was highlighted he was from Edo?

No Igbo will ever become the governor or deputy of any state outside South East, but Nigerians from other tribes that is outside the state of the election can possibly be.

Na Igbos do themselves for that outcome.

The minute anyone votes one of their own for such position, there would be some of them who would quickly be out to insult you that it happened because your state knew they were smarter and you needed their brains to develop and progress.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by pafun(m): 12:02am On Dec 14, 2023
Oghodua:
Stop pretending that 50,000 naira is nothing to your uneducated miserable existence, you get it first, if you can get it let me die young, you will not find it anywhere not even in your dreams

😂😂😂
You are a glorious buffoon. At this point I will abandon you to your foolishness . Bye.
🇺🇸
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Oghodua: 3:33am On Dec 14, 2023
pafun:

😂😂😂
You are a glorious buffoon. At this point I will abandon you to your foolishness . Bye.
🇺🇸
Your ignorance has since betrayed you, you are looking for a shameful exit, you have one already, begone with your illiterate self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by AKPAMA211: 4:21am On Dec 14, 2023
Gamesmart:

If he is a Yoruba man, how come it was highlighted he was from Edo?

No Igbo will ever become the governor or deputy of any state outside South East, but Nigerians from other tribes that is outside the state of the election can possibly be.

Na Igbos do themselves for that outcome.

The minute anyone votes one of their own for such position, there would be some of them who would quickly be out to insult you that it happened because your state knew they were smarter and you needed their brains to develop and progress.
You guys will just want to be revolving round a singular topic when it has been thrashed before. An Edo man with three full Yoruba names like Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga is that one an Edo man? No single Edo names amongst his litany of names, that one na Edo? His appointment still raised eyebrows, let alone a non Yoruba without any Yoruba names

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by AKPAMA211: 4:57am On Dec 14, 2023
pafun:

😂😂😂
🇺🇸
a proud you will want to answer to save face but you couldn’t find it, the guy finished your worthless existence, next time don’t make worthless claims you can backup, for a man to have sworn with his life that you can’t find it, he is as sure as death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by pafun(m): 5:06am On Dec 14, 2023
cheesy grin cheesy
Oghodua:
Your ignorance has since betrayed you, you are looking for a shameful exit, you have one already, begone with your illiterate self

Ologbo147 alias Akpama211 alias Oghodua alias … Ode Edo. 😂
You are not even intelligent at all. You are using two different accounts of yours to like/applaud the post of yet another third account. Mental guy. You are a disgrace to Edo people. cheesy
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Oghodua: 5:13am On Dec 14, 2023
pafun:
cheesy grin cheesy

Ologbo147 alias Akpama211 alias Oghodua alias … Ode Edo. 😂
You are not even intelligent at all. You are using two different accounts of yours to like/applaud the post of yet another third account. Mental guy. You are a disgrace to Edo people. cheesy
is that a sign of guilt from you grin grin, grin is that what you do, is that why when they defeat you guys, you come up with another moniker on the same very topic that has been thrashed before. Go in shame with your sorry ignorant self, i will not go in the mud with you, i am bigger than your illiterate self and existence. Since you have failed to prove yourself academically,to save face you go for character assasination. You would have just said everybody who spoke on the part of Edo is one person from Headnigga down so i will just know you are an authentic slowpoke

This is what you guys do here, it’s audible to the deaf, visible to the blind, it is not even news. The last four pages has been topic discussed over and again. Your tactics is to quote one person over and again till that person wears out so everyone will think it’s popular opinion. I can bet my life and nothing will happen to methat each Yoruba person on the last four pages of this thread has at least three monikers they have quoted people with on this very thread. So it is clear guilty conscience at play from you. It will take an extremely dumb person not to notice, the same writing pattern and all, “give your thought” “explain “

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by LeonSaab: 10:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Gamesmart:

A mooron that believes Buhari was dead and it was Jubril from Sudan that was ruling us because he read it on www.naijacitynews.com is talking about "ignorance" and "education"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There are 800,000 Indians in Nigeria? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Indians in Nigeria are more than some tribes then. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
next thing ignorance does after denial and insulting is to come up woth lies and start mixing things together.....please tell me where I said Buhari is dead......you must be mixing me up with your ipob brothers.......but like I said I'm here for you.......come out and admit your ignorance so your education can begin.....
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Gamesmart: 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
AKPAMA211:
You guys will just want to be revolving round a singular topic when it has been thrashed before. An Edo man with three full Yoruba names like Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga is that one an Edo man? No single Edo names amongst his litany of names, that one na Edo? His appointment still raised eyebrows, let alone a non Yoruba without any Yoruba names

So, now try and think for a second.

If an Igbo family move to Benin and eventually they adopt all Bini names, would Edo people allow a person from that family to represent them nationally just because he has now adopted Bini names but they knew his origins are Igbo.

Think before you answer!
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Gamesmart: 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
LeonSaab:
next thing ignorance does after denial and insulting is to come up woth lies and start mixing things together.....please tell me where I said Buhari is dead......you must be mixing me up with your ipob brothers.......but like I said I'm here for you.......come out and admit your ignorance so your education can begin.....

I am sure you did back then. Your IQ shows you believe anything presented to you from random sources as long as the platform looks authentic to you.

That is how low IQ people operate.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by LeonSaab: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2023
Gamesmart:

I am sure you did back then. Your IQ shows you believe anything presented to you from random sources as long as the platform looks authentic to you.

That is how low IQ people operate.
lm not your ipob brothers I don't work with beer parlour gist like you......I'm still here for you though....you seem to be calmer now and closer to accepting you're a F@ol.....your education can start soon.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Gamesmart: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
LeonSaab:
lm not your ipob brothers I don't work with beer parlour gist like you......I'm still here for you though....you seem to be calmer now and closer to accepting you're a F@ol.....your education can start soon.

Says the foool who is educated via the trust of Wikipedia? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They did not teach you in school about reliable sources? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by LeonSaab: 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
Gamesmart:

Says the foool who is educated via the trust of Wikipedia? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They did not teach you in school about reliable sources? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
shebi I gave you another source, but your ignorance no allow you follow the link.....I'm not like you that believes immigration service does the job of population commission.....🤣🤣🤣....I'm still here for you though.....just admit you're a f@ol so we can start your education.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Akanoaaa(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
Okada691:
chidi mokeme understands Yoruba perfectly too, can we on that note say Yoruba is part of him?
Someone that attended Salvation Army Primary School in Surulere Lagos for his elementary school and Yoruba is not part of him? You people will just open mouth and talk with an empty head. Afonu

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Caseless: 3:55am On Dec 15, 2023
bigman001:

Don't mind us those wanna be tribalistic nuisance, any small thing they direct it to tribe, we are Nigerians, lets love to live as Nigerians, but unfortunately some bunch of fools are been paid to always flood the social media with tribal issues and religious sentiments so we continue hating ourselves. Back then in the 80s when i used to live in Festac toen that housed both Igbo, Yoruba and few Hausas, we lived as Nigerians , we eat from each other's house ,play and even watch TV's from each other house , we only saw ourselves as Nigerians and the love was booming seriously then, not now , where things have changed drastically. Walahi i so much miss life in the 80s and 90s.
We really had a good time in those times. I wish I can turn back the hand of time.

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Caseless: 3:56am On Dec 15, 2023
Akanoaaa:

Someone that attended Salvation Army Primary School in Surulere Lagos for his elementary school and Yoruba is not part of him? You people will just open mouth and talk with an empty head. Afonu
Don't mind them.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Usenokpevbo: 7:56am On Dec 15, 2023
Akanoaaa:

There are several thousands of Igbos that attended that same school and were born in Lagos? Hundreds of thousands even,is Yoruba part of them too? if not that he is successful, will Yoruba be part of him? Burna’ maternal grandmother is Yoruba? Yoruba is part of him, Burna’s maternal grandfather is even Edo, how many times have you seen Edo attach to him ?our self esteem is far beyond that. stop the unnecessary attachment, Osimhen attended salvation school, Yoruba is part of him, a time is coming, it will take someone only three months at a stretch to have stayed in Lagos (“The line would now be someone that stayed with his aunt for full 90 days! Full 90 days! And related with the Yoruba agberos around, is Yoruba not part of such one? grin grin”)
And when he or she becomes successful later on, it is said that Yoruba is a part of such one. So much for fame and success, when such one is a failure, he is shown his father’s door

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Akanoaaa(m): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2023
Usenokpevbo:
There are several thousands of Igbos that attended that same school and were born in Lagos? Hundreds of thousands even,is Yoruba part of them too? if not that he is successful, will Yoruba be part of him? Burna’ maternal grandmother is Yoruba? Yoruba is part of him, Burna’s maternal grandfather is even Edo, how many times have you seen Edo attach to him ?our self esteem is far beyond that. stop the unnecessary attachment, Osimhen attended salvation school, Yoruba is part of him, a time is coming, it will take someone only three months at a stretch to have stayed in Lagos (“The line would now be someone that stayed with his aunt for full 90 days! Full 90 days! And related with the Yoruba agberos around, is Yoruba not part of such one? grin grin”)
And when he or she becomes successful later on, it is said that Yoruba is a part of such one. So much for fame and success, when such one is a failure, he is shown his father’s door

You can't just open your month without enough sense and quote someone. First you need to find the Genesis of such conversation before contributing. The conversation is all about CAF used Yoruba to announced Victor and they do that cuz the believe he understand the language. That's where the part or not is coming from not that anybody is attaching him to anybody. So, next time know the foundation of a conversation before putting mouth. Ire o
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Usenokpevbo: 11:19am On Dec 15, 2023
Akanoaaa:

You can't just open your month without enough sense and quote someone. First you need to find the Genesis of such conversation before contributing. The conversation is all about CAF used Yoruba to announced Victor and they do that cuz the believe he understand the language. That's where the part or not is coming from not that anybody is attaching him to anybody. So, next time know the foundation of a conversation before putting mouth. Ire o
flip the script and see if it would have made any sense, what they would have used pidgin or English to write, there is a bigger aim beyond communication because he would understand, it is more on the narrative of painting Edos as sub yorubas, you can see your brothers talking bullshit of the fact that in Benin city, they speak Yoruba, which is not true, a stroll to Benin city would demystify these lies. It is the bid to paint Edo as a subgroup or a distant relative of Yoruba which she is not. It is beyond communication. They are trying to paint to the world that it is a Yoruba win which it is not, it is an Edo win. This is politics and diplomacy, language is one of the tools in politics and diplomacy

Let it be an Igbo man that won it and said Igbo man was born in Lagos and raised there and attended this same salvation school you talked about, that same body that wrote to him in Yoruba would not try such. So there is a bigger aim, leave story

It’s all the same attachment bro, if na thief , nobody would write or speak to him in Yoruba or even claim Yoruba is part of him,”they will say na Bini, Bini people too dae thief” but if he is successful, they will speak to him in Yoruba, say Binis are relatives of Yorubas and claim Yoruba is part of such one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Konquest: 1:27am On Jan 07
Putinofrussia:

Stop saying what you don't know and face your region.

why did Egherevba Benin Historian write about the founding of the Oba dynasty by Oranmiyan and why did the Oba Of Benin reward him by making him a high Chief afterwards?

As we speak the Oba Of Benin's Palace has listed Oranmiyan as the first Oba of Benin

Are you calling them liars?

This is the same Oba Of Benin declaring Oranmiyan to be the first Oba of Benin

Are you saying that he is lying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qk8LO4t1OY?si=5h5JZUHTJ9LA2-j2
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:17pm On Jan 21
Evboesi:
It might be that your mum’s family have base in Lagos up to the third generation, or other parts of yorubaland.

And also the extreme western parts of Bini also share borders with Ondo state. Ask your mum if she is from Usen or any other extreme western Bini villages, these are the only parts that have these Yoruba ability. 95% of Binis don’t know speak Yoruba and don’t have any need for it.

It is also believed to be that the Oba family and a few family migrated from Yoruba land, if this is true or not is not the position here, but i can tell you that none of these families except the ones that settled on the fringes can speak Yoruba today. The Oba’s family cannot if he indeed migrated from Yoruba land .

That of Akoko Edo is sincerely dependent on trade and association to survive and nothing more, Akoko Edo is on the fringes, they speak Yoruba alongside their Edo first languages for trade, interaction, to survive

Your tag is not a verified source but a comment on Nairaland.

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by mystery22: 12:29am On Jan 25
Useles people

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Real Madrid Squad 2000 And 2017 Compared Following Their Loss Yesterday / I’m Not Iwobi, I’ll Insult Your Parent If You Insult Me –sadiq Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.