Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba (39556 Views)

CAF Congratulates Super Eagles Striker Victor Osimhen On Ballon D’or Nomination / Onuachu Replaces Osimhen In Nigeria’s Squad For Algeria, Tunisia Friendlies / I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by cassyrooy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
NapoleonHill:
Some people's blood go rush now.
please be calming down.

https://m.facebook .com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02SyGzWoFjxtEzH32iN1qPhdG9uUmMcVFHQLwganbF1c2X2rEZMjfjYbnMKPDQDvktl&id=100044529635367&mibextid=Nif5oz

The link above is for Vincent Enyeama being celebrated in Igbo but we didn't make noise about it.

There's life after success.

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by martineverest(m): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Basic123:

OSHIO is common in Edo North and not OSHO infact the only popular OSHIO is OSHIOMOLE...Whenever you see any name with "SHO-" such as SHOBANKE,SHOYINKA,SHOWUMI,SHODUNKE,SHONIBARE,SHOLANKE...They are Ijebus or egba yorubas from Ogun state.its a short for of OSHO- meaning wizardry.
be truthful to yourself,how come she is the only Yoruba person bearing that name?.....how come u don't know the meaning of that name?. Adams OSHIOmole is the only one with ' i' in his name....all other Aichi names that have that prefix are usually OSHO ,not OSHIO
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Avidinks: 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
OSIMHEN and OSHOALA are doing well, making Nigeria great again.

https://avidinks.com/osimhen-and-oshoala-bag-the-greatest-caf-award-2023/
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Basic123: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
martineverest:
be truthful to yourself,how come she is the only Yoruba person bearing that name?.....how come u don't know the meaning of that name?. Adams OSHIOmole is the only one with ' i' in his name....all other Aichi names that have that prefix are usually OSHO ,not OSHIO

That is a very POOR LOGIC!

Someone just told you now that the CHIEF IMAAM OF IKORODU WHERE OSHOALA CAME FROM(AN IJEBU TOWN) bears OSHOALA...

Very simple thing that GOOGLE will sort out for you.

STUPIDITY AND DELUSION ARE TRUELY BY CHOICE.

The problem is the you people out of ego prefer to wallow in your Ignorance of the fact that some people are indigenous to lagos and they identify themselves as yorubas Ikorodu,Ikeja,lekki,epe,elegushi,Oniu etc are all separate towns with their own yoruba kings under western Nigeria before creation of Lagos state!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by NapoleonHill: 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
cassyrooy:
please be calming down.

https://m.facebook .com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02SyGzWoFjxtEzH32iN1qPhdG9uUmMcVFHQLwganbF1c2X2rEZMjfjYbnMKPDQDvktl&id=100044529635367&mibextid=Nif5oz

The link above is for Vincent Enyeama being celebrated in Igbo but we didn't make noise about it.

There's life after success.

Congratulations to him but I didn't mention names.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Basic123: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
martineverest:
u are a fool if u cannot discern that oshoalah is Aichi name
Auchi ko,Onitsha ni....Dindinrin 😆

3 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by pafun(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
ceejay80s:
Edo is not yoruba

Who dey find you for Yoruba??🤷🏾‍♂️
Just return all our Yoruba names and go begin call yourself Osa-something as you wish. Oh I don forget say even “OSA” is derived from Yoruba “Orisa “.
Forget it, Edo is a Yooba dialect.

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Caseless: 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
Justiceleague1:
mtswww

You saw the time I made the post? Prediction put "saw" there instead of "sure", your little brain should tell you that.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by BeanmanX(m): 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
Congratulations
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Ologbo147: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
pafun:

Who dey find you for Yoruba??🤷🏾‍♂️
Just return all our Yoruba names and go begin call yourself Osa-something as you wish. Oh I don forget say even “OSA” is derived from Yoruba “Orisa “.
Forget it, Edo is a Yooba dialect.
Olisameka, Olisachukwu etc maybe the Olisa was also derived from the Yoruba Orisa. Then Igbo is also a Yoruba dialect.

If you have a little bit of sense, you would know that Olisa, Osa or Orisha are cognates words that means God. These are related languages belonging to the kwa language family group and none is a dialect of the other. But the word OSA only seem to have gotten more cognizance in the Edo linguistic family that is why you will have a million OSA in Benin and not in the other two tribes, there is no other word for God in Edo, it certainly was not borrowed. It is very unlikely to borrow a word for God especially when it’s the only word for God. That is why you such countless suffix after OSA, you do not borrow a word for God and it becomes the core of what you call God. E.g You Have Osagie, Osahon, Osagbokhan, Osarewinda, Osamede, Osagbewonrue, Osaretin, Osakpolor, Osarobo, Osasuyi, Osamuyimen, Osayande, Osaigbovo, etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by martineverest(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
Basic123:

That is a very POOR LOGIC!

Someone just told you now that the CHIEF IMAAM OF IKORODU WHERE OSHOALA CAME FROM(AN IJEBU TOWN) bears OSHOALA...

Very simple thing that GOOGLE will sort out for you.

STUPIDITY AND DELUSION ARE TRUELY BY CHOICE.

The problem is the you people out of ego prefer to wallow in your Ignorance of the fact that some people are indigenous to lagos and they identify themselves as yorubas Ikorodu,Ikeja,lekki,epe,elegushi,Oniu etc are all separate towns with their own yoruba kings under western Nigeria before creation of Lagos state!

ode....once a particular celebrity doesn't conspicuously reveal their origin, writers start assuming their origin

Is it the same Google that tells u oluremi Tinubu is from Ogun State,when she's actually from itsekiri tribe of delta or fathia Balogun that Google claim she's from Lagos State,but actually an Urhobo woman from delta or dele momodu that Google claimed he from Osun instead of Edo State.....or even Murtala Mohammed from Kano,when he is originally from auchi Edo State?

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by seeme2(f): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
Thr moment Igbo acknowledge the obvious superiority of the Yoruba there will be peace.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Af0nja: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
This is what they've been doing.

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Af0nja: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
seeme2:
Thr moment Igbo acknowledge the obvious superiority of the Yoruba there will be peace.

Sense is far from your DNA. You must be a product of generational interbreeding of Yoruba Muslims . Those people are known for their incapability for critical thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Justiceleague1: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2023
Caseless:
mtswww

You saw the time I made the post? Prediction put "saw" there instead of "sure", your little brain should tell you that.
Tell that to Waec,thank you very much
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Irony1: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2023
Omoawoke:

That statement I made is the most innocent statement of the day. Point to anywhere it related to tribalism? Are u so filled with hatred?

Please stop the gaslight attempt you are the one who is filled with hatred, stop the pretense. Do you want all your previous posts to be brought to light?
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Tmb78(m): 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
VULCAN:
I find your post interesting.

Yoruba has always been Nigeria's most popular language (outside of Nigeria)

It's spoken all over West Africa, parts of the Caribbean speak a version of it.

But I wonder why you must mention it in the same breath as your last sentence of politicians and tribalists tearing us apart.

You are adding fuel to the tribalists fire with your statement especially if you are Yoruba.

Also, I chucked at your statement that Yoruba are gifted at accepting others.

If you had said that a while back I might have let it go but since the pre-election and the election itself it should be clear that that is untrue.

Calling Rhodes Vivour a Non Yoruba because of his mother has revealed the true heart of a major portion of the Yoruba

Tinubu's grandson will reap this harvest in due season as his mother is also Igbo.

He will also be denied seating at the Table when the time comes

If Tinubu's grandson's mother is Igbo like you claimed, then why are you people always saying Chinedu Rhodes is not Igbo?

Because both of them have Igbo mothers but not Igbo fathers

Seyi Tinubu's wife's father is Lebanese na!
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by emmaodet: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

Let me come in here.

You are partly wrong in your response to that guy with regards to your use of the word "Lagosian."

The term "Lagosian" is used exclusively for those from Lagos Island (Eko). I have in my home library magazines from the 1960s to the 1980s that clearly refer to folks or indigenes from Lagos Island (or Eko) as Lagosians. It is the very lazy attitude towards learning history that has led to some younger folks and some Journalists (from the 1990s) who are NOT familiar with the history of Lagos State to erroneously refer to everyone living in Lagos State as a "Lagosian" and this is wrong.

Second, people who are NOT from Lagos State but were simply born in Lagos State by migrant parents are NOT Lagosians but simply "Lagos residents." The Ondo, Osun, Kwara, Enugu, Rivers, or Kano indigenes who were born in Lagos State are simply "Lagos residents" and NOT indigenes (or even Lagosians from Lagos Island).

Those who have ancestral roots primarily in any of the many Ijebu, Awori, and Ogu towns in Lagos State are simply called "Lagos indigenes."

An Ikorodu, Epe, Ibeju Lekki, Ojo, Mushin, Isolo or Ikeja indigene will NOT agree to be called a Lagosian (Eko) because originally, the term Lagosian is used exclusively for those from Eko (Lagos Island). This is why a Yoruba person from Ikeja will tell you he or she is going to Eko or Lagos, and you'll start wondering "but this person is wthin Lagos State, why is he or she saying that he or she is going to Lagos?"

So, we have:
1. In Yoruba language Ipinle Eko means Lagos State.
2. In Yoruba language, Eko means Lagos Island.

Just to add, Eko is the shortened form of "Ereko" which means a farmstead. Aside from being a settlement centuries back, Eko was used as a pepper farmstead by the children of Olofin Ogunfunminire who are the original landlords of Eko or Lagos Island till today! The famous White Cap high chiefs are the direct descendants of Olofin Ogunfunminire.

Summary: The word Lagosian historically refers to ONLY indigenes of Lagos Island (Eko).

Hmmmmmm

Insightful

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by pafun(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ologbo147:
Olisameka, Olisachukwu etc maybe the Olisa was also derived from the Yoruba Orisa. Then Igbo is also a Yoruba dialect.

If you have a little bit of sense, you would know that Olisa, Osa or Orisha are cognates words that means God. These are related languages belonging to the kwa language family group and none is a dialect of the other. But the word OSA only seem to have gotten more cognizance in the Edo linguistic family that is why you will have a million OSA in Benin and not in the other two tribes, there is no other word for God in Edo, it certainly was not borrowed. It is very unlikely to borrow a word for God especially when it’s the only word for God. That is why you such countless suffix after OSA, you do not borrow a word for God and it becomes the core of what you call God. E.g You Have Osagie, Osahon, Osagbokhan, Osarewinda, Osamede, Osagbewonrue, Osaretin, Osakpolor, Osarobo, Osasuyi, Osamuyimen, Osayande, Osaigbovo, etc

Na you no get sense. Where did you see "borrow" inside what I wrote? How can you borrow from yourself? Wetin concern Olisa and Osa ? Obviously you don't know that names starting with Osa and Orisa are common all through Yorubaland with variations depending on local dialect .
To you and other confused Edo pikins like you I dedicate Take Your Time by Iska Tribe. https://open.spotify.com/track/25TlMIRKoxOKpegEiDft2Z?si=97cb606a3eae4377

2 Likes

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Tamires: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ogene001:
Yoruba CAF employee handling social media. Everything to them is promotion of tribe. Upon say their tribes no measure up, na to promote language
Measure up to killing people or measure up to the production of baby factories??

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by XAUBulls: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmm

Insightful
@emmaodet,
Greetings to you and I hope you're doing okay generally business-wise, and more? smiley

Thank you for your positive feedback to my post. It's always good to share some historical knowledge with folks online and offline (with concrete evidence) because there is always a generational gap in the knowIedge of historical events. I had to just correct some historical narratives on the use of the term "Lagosian."

Enjoy the rest of your work week.

Cheers!
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Tamires: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Every tribe wan claim Yoruba, why are they not try to claim igbo or hausa, always Yoruba, Yoruba
Whats so special about Yoruba AND lagos?😅😅🤲
Yoruba people i Hail una oo
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by emmaodet: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

@emmaodet,
Greetings to you and I hope you're doing okay generally business-wise, and more? smiley

Thank you for your positive feedback to my post. It's always good to share some historical knowledge with folks online and offline (with concrete evidence) because there is always a generational gap in the knowIedge of historical events. I had to just correct some historical narratives on the use of the term "Lagosian."

Enjoy the rest of your work week.

Cheers!

I am fine bro, thanks.
You raised a point about investing in OMO last week. Open money market.
Do you have deep knowledge about this sector? I am thinking of divesting into it

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Ologbo147: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
pafun:

Na you no get sense. Where did you see "borrow" inside what I wrote? How can you borrow from yourself? Wetin concern Olisa and Osa ? Obviously you don't know that names starting with Osa and Orisa are common all through Yorubaland with variations depending on local dialect .
To you and other confused Edo pikins like you I dedicate Take Your Time by Iska Tribe. https://open.spotify.com/track/25TlMIRKoxOKpegEiDft2Z?si=97cb606a3eae4377
If you know Edo and Yoruba, thier linguistic morphology, you would not give Edo that Yourself analogy. The average Yoruba man would not hear 2% of Edo spoken. The Yoruba does not use OSA in anyway close to the way the Binis use it not even close

There is no academic literature known to man that claims Edo is a dialect of Yoruba. All linguistics scholar agree that Edo is a distinct language. They all agree that Edo alongside with With Igbo and Yoruba belong to the kwa language group of languages.

Judging from the fact that the Olisa word is also very present in Igbo, it is only sensible to see it is a cognate word for these three kwa language family group

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by XAUBulls: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
emmaodet:

I am fine bro, thanks.
You raised a point about investing in OMO last week. Open money market.
Do you have deep knowledge about this sector? I am thinking of divesting into it
Hello once again @emmaodet
I'll get back to you within a few minutes.

Thanks.
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by AncientAlien(m): 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
Antivirus92:
Yoruba is not popular even in Nigeria and outside. There is a very high tendencies of someone who is not a Nigerian to know one or more words in what they call Nigerian language such as bia, Chineke m ee, aru, etc which they learnt from nollywood or adventurous Igbos .
Everything about Yoruba ends in Lagos and the few non Yorubas living in it
That's not true. For me to criticize an opinion of a fellow yoruba comrade on this matter. You should know that, I welcome reality against bias. Yoruba is one of the southern language that has contributed immensely to what is recognized as nigeria pidgin today. Fact is there in the lyrics of different artists across all ethnics making contemporary music.

Beside, there are more yoruba prefixes and suffixes added to spice up pidgin to a greater extent compare to the influence of other indigenous languages on pidgin. Everyday word like: 1) oya let's go = let's go now
2)
Noun like: 1)Oga = Boss
2)Ashawo {from Ashewo} = prostitute
3)Gbedu =great beat)
4)Werey{Were} = mad person
5)Omo = child
Exclamation like: 1)lai-lai I wouldn't accept = never would I accept.
2)Kia-Kia = exactly right now.

Other words like: 1) shey you go follow me= will you follow me.
2) your gra-gra don too much = your overzealous is too much
3) japan = run away
4) patapata = completely
5) kuku kill me = just kill me (when you are overwhelm with someone stupidity)

These are bit of what all tribes of Nigerians speak outside Nigeria. Lagos Binin to Asaba. Ogun Abuja kaduna to Kano. I have been in all those places I can testify.

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by emmaodet: 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

Hello once again @emmaodet
I'll get back to you within a few minutes.

Thanks.

No problem.
Will be expecting

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by pafun(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ologbo147:
If you know Edo and Yoruba, thier linguistic morphology, you would not give Edo that Yourself analogy. The average Yoruba man would not hear 2% of Edo spoken. The Yoruba does not use OSA in anyway close to the way the Binis use it not even close

There is no academic literature known to man that claims Edo is a dialect of Yoruba. All linguistics scholar agree that Edo is a distinct language. They all agree that Edo alongside with With Igbo and Yoruba belong to the kwa language group of languages.

Judging from the fact that the Olisa word is also very present in Igbo, it is only sensible to see it is a cognate word for these three kwa language family group

Comot there. I assure you that the average Yoruba does not understand more than 50 % of the Yoruba dialect spoken less than 200 miles away in same Yoruba land. Is Ogun for example a distinct word to Bini?
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Omoawoke: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
Irony1:

Please stop the gaslight attempt you are the one who is filled with hatred, stop the pretense. Do you want all your previous posts to be brought to light?

Oh I’m so scared now, someone is about to dig out my previous post.

Be my guest motherfvkerr. I’m not denying it, I’ve been bashing Igbos and I’m proud of it. But that statement has no trace of tribalism in it, you are the one just being a bitter frustrated asshole
Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by aswani(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2023
God will forgive us in this Nigeria.

As soon as I saw the word "Yoruba" in the tread title, I knew IPOBidients would rush headlong into the thread.

As soon as I read the title further to see "Osimhen" in addition to "Yoruba", I knew IPOBidients would remove their brain first before posting their usual abusive and illogical nonsense.

As soon as I read the whole thread title, I knew IPOBidients were about to start another e-war and give the poor mods even more work to do as they would have to intervene.

Ah ah, una suppose rest by now IPOBidients. How una no dey tìre sef?

1 Like

Re: CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba by Basic123: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
martineverest:
ode....once a particular celebrity doesn't conspicuously reveal their origin, writers start assuming their origin

Is it the same Google that tells u oluremi Tinubu is from Ogun State,when she's actually from itsekiri tribe of delta or fathia Balogun that Google claim she's from Lagos State,but actually an Urhobo woman from delta or dele momodu that Google claimed he from Osun instead of Edo State.....or even Murtala Mohammed from Kano,when he is originally from auchi Edo State?
Fool...back up tour claim with EVIDENCE not stupid delusional conjectures.

I just backed up mine.

Nobody has ever said remi Tinubu is yoruba.The mum is yoruba the dad is itskekir.

IGNORANCR WITH PRIDE.....CANCEROUS DISEASE!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dolores Aveiro: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Mother, Reacts To His Rape Accusations / Taye Tawo Celebrates 12th Wedding Anniversary / Kanu Nwankwo, Essien And Drogba Pose Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.