Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,120 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

+18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. (6518 Views)

9 Surprising Benefits Of Being Single That No One Has Told You Before / +18. Do This Bad Thing With Her Before You Sleep [Picture] / Look At These 2 Beautiful Queens and I'll Tell You What Happened [Picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

+18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by iLegendd(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2023
Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You.

The reason you didn't achieve much in 2023 is not because someone has tied your destiny — it's because your purpose is vague and it's not written down.

Also, a great man probably told you if your dreams don't scare you, you're not dreaming enough. He is right, but there is something missing.

So do this.

Write a master list of everything you want in life, then hide that list.

On a second list, write the year you're in and use that year as your number of things to achieve that year.

Let's say this is January, 2021. The last number of 2021 is what? 1.

Writ on a paper, 1 thing, just 1 thing you MUST achieve in 2021. Focus on that one thing as if your life depends on it.

In 2022, you'll make a list of 2 things MUST achieve that year because the number ends with 2.

In 2023, you'll make a list of 3 things you MUST achieve that year.

In 2024, you'll make a list of 4 things you MUST achieve that year.

The reason you don't achieve much is because you have too much on your list you're focusing on at the same time or you don't even have a list in the first place.

You want to write 50 books
You want to learn crytpo
You want to learn data analysis
You want to learn programming
You want to learn forex trade
You want to learn video editing
You want to leave graphic design
You want to have different gigs on Upwork
You want to do political campaign for this and that
You want to build muscles
You want to buy a house
You want to buy a car
You want to get married
You want to read this and that in school
You want to help people

And the list goes on.

Stop!
Stop!!
Stop!!!

It's good you want to achieve these things and many more, but please, be organised and do it little by little. Use the year's approach to achieve it.

We are entering/in 2024. Check your masterlist and take 4 things from that list you MUST achieve in 2024.

It could be like this

1. Graphic design
2. Lose weight/gain weight or build muscles (exercise)
3. Master ChatGPT like a pro
4. Build an online store to sell my digital product (book on how to be a pro graphic designer, how to build muscle, how to master ChatGPT and prompt, etc.)

Now, you've pinpointed 4 things you MUST achieve in 2024, you'll be more focused and disciplined. This doesn't mean you won't achieve other things, but they are not the main focus — they're just added achievements.

If you have someone you trust that'll serve as your accountability partner, that'll be great.

Give them some money (you can't afford to lose) or a valuable item (you can't afford to lose) and tell them these are the 4 things you MUST achieve this year.

Failure to achieve it them, they own that important thing you gave them. Write an agreement and two of you must sign. There should be a third person.

This valuable item or money you don't want to lose will make you become lazer focused.

Failure to achieve these 4 things at the end of the year, you are a failure and you'll lose the item(s).

This alone, will make you to work day and night to achieve these 4 things.

Invariably, it's not everyone that has people they trust or want to reveal what they plan to achieve to others.

In this case, you'll have to hold yourself accountable or better yet search on Google and pick one of the numerous accountable partner apps. Trust me, they work.

In 2029, you'll have a list of 9 things you MUST achieve.

In 2030, you need some rest. This is a year of enjoyment and laziness. Nothing to worry about. Just watch TV and be as lazy as you can. Anything you achieve this year, it's just for fun, not under any scrutiny.

In 2031, you need to have 1 thing on your list. 2032, 2 things and it continues like that.

I GUARANTEE YOU, IF YOU FOLLOW THIS METHOD, YOU'LL KEEP ACHIEVING THINGS EVEN AT OLD AGE. YOU'LL NEVER GET LOST OF YOUR DIRECTIONS IN LIFE.

Please, I BEG you in the name of whatever you believe adopt this method. Even if you're my hater and you don't like things I post, please, not this one. It will transform your life and you'll be more focused in life than your peers GUARANTEED.

I'm even tempted to say I'll pay whoever uses this method, then everybody will use just to get the money. This is a bad of attracting people into using this approach.

There is nothing for me to gain actually, I just want to reveal a method that never fails. A method that'll keep you on track. If you take this step today, you'll thank me for the rest of your life, no cap.

So, the first thing you should do is to install a notepad app by Google called Keep Note. This is to help you never lose your note even if you lose your phone. As long as you can login your Gmail account, you'll get all your notes back.

Also, make sure your Gmail has at least 3 levels of securities. Second email verification, phone verification, number verification, and 2FA verification. There is even a new type of verification Google has now. This is just to make sure you don't lose access to your email.

The second thing you should do now is to watch a YouTube or search on Google for top 10 accountability partner apps and choose one of them. What works for me may not for you, but this method works for everyone.

I have alot to say, but let me go on a break as you choose your favourite accountability app.

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by iLegendd(m): 9:46am On Dec 12, 2023
After you've done your research, tell me the accountability app you chose and why you chose it. The person with the best reason or best app gets a gift.

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Tohmey(m): 10:31am On Dec 12, 2023
Following
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by ehhmah(m): 10:43am On Dec 12, 2023
I like this Forfeit App.

Me I don't like to spend money grin.
This is enough motivation already for Accountability.

Because... The day you fail. You Pay. Lol tongue

7 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Anny69: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2023
Wow! I'm impressed, we still have a sensible cishet man on Nairaland.

Anyhow, I'm following sha.

2 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by iLegendd(m): 10:59am On Dec 12, 2023
One more instruction. Any app someone has mentioned, you can't mention it, but if you truly like the app, it must be your second or third choice. Your first choice must be an app that hasn't been mentioned, not one someone has mentioned already.

2 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Anny69: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2023
I choose Fabulous

Why?

It's easy to use, free and has a lot of features that can help me build healthy routines. All my life I've just been "going with the flow" and at the end of the year, I can't point out one thing I've achieved. But I want to change that next year. I planned on it before I saw this thread. But I didn't think of getting an accountability app for it.

Edit: I have a lot of free time and it saddens me that I can't do something profitable with it. Procrastination has finished my life.

Next year, my goal is to end procrastination and try as much as possible to be consistent. Also, learn a writing skill and start making money from it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by SuperOnyi: 11:11am On Dec 12, 2023
iLegendd:
After you've done your research, tell me the accountability app you chose and why you chose it. The person with the best reason or best app gets a gift.

shocked

Thank you for this thread.

These days, I've been lazy and feeling hopeless. I will certainly do this, I don't like the fact that I haven't achieved that financial freedom through book publishing. This is because I've haven't mastered keyword and niche research, it breaks my heart I wouldn't be able to go see my mother after 5 years of being away from home.

I get scared every time it's a new year because something keeps telling me I am where I am today because I have not fully discovered whom I am. I didn't choose to be born but since I'm already on Earth, I want to truly love and not just exist but somehow, I feel like I'm a lazy bum even when I work hard like a donkey. But it's stupid and useless to work like a donkey and earn like a newbie beggar.

Thank you for threads like this, since I've being watching my laptop for weeks now but the motivation to open up msword vanishes as soon as the fact that I haven't mastered keyword and niche research hits me hard like an avalanche. I will overcome this phase but it feels like forever and I hate myself...

Sorry for the rant, everyone!

4 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Sulele04(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2023
So I am a Cs Student but I want to really start earning in tech now, my goal for 2024 is to get very good at programming especially my core programming stacks [Java, JavaScript], cause I want to be a backend engineer so good at my stacks that I intend to land a remote Job on it next year.

I think I will go for Truple. as my favourite accountability app, although I haven't been using any before regularly cause I am still stuck in a loop of procrastination.

I think the special thing Truple has is it has a screenshot feature which to me is key, so how it works is it takes Random screenshots of my device for like let say every 1 mins, to like let me know what I am doing & what I am not supposed to be doing, it doesn't give alerts like other apps but it good because it allows me to like concentrate on tasks & all but I know if I deviate from my current purpose I don't know if it would be screenshoted cause it random you know.

You know I can later in the day go through the screenshot & analyse that oh what I did well & what I did wrong, but the caveat is that it is not free so although it my preference I will probably go with Accountable2You.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by iLegendd(m): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2023
I'm following every comment and for the winner, I'm going to be your friend for life, your accountability partner, and your adviser when you need me, all for free. You'll even have access to my private phone number.

2 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by iLegendd(m): 11:16am On Dec 12, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

These days, I've been lazy and feeling hopeless. I will certainly do this, I don't like the fact that I haven't achieved that financial freedom through book publishing. This is because I've haven't mastered keyword and niche research, it breaks my heart I wouldn't be able to go see my mother after 5 years of being away from home.

I get scared every time it's a new year because something keeps telling me I am where I am today because I have not fully discovered whom I am. I didn't choose to be born but since I'm already on Earth, I want to truly love and not just exist but somehow, I feel like I'm a lazy bum even when I work hard like a donkey. But it's stupid and useless to work like a donkey and earn like a newbie beggar.

Thank you for threads like this, since I've being watching my laptop for weeks now but the motivation to open up msword vanishes as soon as the fact that I haven't mastered keyword and niche research hits me hard like an avalanche. I will overcome this phase but it feels like forever and I hate myself...

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Anny69: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2023
iLegendd:
I'm following every comment and for the winner, I'm going to be your friend for life, your accountability partner, and your adviser when you need me, all for free. You'll even have access to my private phone number.
😂😂Lmao! You should have said this earlier.
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by iLegendd(m): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2023
Anny69:
😂😂Lmao! You should have said this earlier.
You can still add extra info to yours. I haven't started judging.
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Anny69: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2023
iLegendd:
You can still add extra info to yours. I haven't started judging.
Okay.
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by MyExpression(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Try ChatGPT.
You can prompt it to easily turn ideas into words, and automatically fill it with SEO-friendly keywords

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by MyExpression(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2023
Someone started this program on WhatsApp in 2018.
I joined...and that year was super productive for me.
I won on every side...till I lost my phone.

We'd write our plans to-do list everyday, and come back in the evening to give account.
It was a healthy building space.

I still keep writing to-dos to set my day...I wish I had continued with that fire.

You set goals for the year, break it down into achievable steps...every month/week/day, there's a purposeful agenda.

Gawd.
Let's have something like that again...hold each other accoutable...be encouraged by each other's purposeful living.

I'll see what an app can do for me.
Since my sticky note was updated, and I can't scribble with my fingers anymore....setting agenda by typing can be tiring.

I have a book tho...but its not easy to be self willed everyday...but when you write it down, you become subconsciously conscious of your time...and what you should be doing at that time.

I'll update when I download a suitable app.

3 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Talkisneeded: 11:47am On Dec 12, 2023
Finally that thread..
I have two poetry anthology on amazon that has refused to earn a dollar.
I've always dilly-dally whenever the thought of giving it another go hits my conscious thought..
With this,I'll go very hard,I'll write a fiction now, make more money too.

I sell herbs tho

2 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by anslemarinze52(m): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
Anny69:

Lol..
Majority of threads on nairaland scares me.
Well done ✅

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by anslemarinze52(m): 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
Well done ✅.
It's a nice way to achieve things, when you write things down and check on it often, you gets to achieve them.

2 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by CaveAdullam: 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
Solid post.

I knew you were preparing something "hooge" when you were absent for some time.

We will have goals to fulfill till death. Knowing how to plan and set the right goals and placing mediums on achieving them is key to long-term happiness. All goals can't be fulfilled, but the ones we are able will be great contributions to mankind.

What stops the modern average man from achieving his goals is the basics of survival. They include food, shelter, constant electricity, and data.

Once these factors are present throughout learning and self-development, many will achieve their goals in a much quicker time than expected.

It will not be easy to pull along when you're still struggling with the basics. It creates hurdles, takes a large chunk of time to figure out, and keeps you distracted.
This is the cause of loss of morale and motivation after 2/3 months of relentless pursuit. At a point, you just break down and say "Fvck it". Then slowly, retract to your former position or remain stagnant.

Setting goals is important. But we must consider controllable factors that hinder us from achieving our goals. If these factors are fixed and optimized, moving onward will not be explicitly sleek, however, maneuvering will be easy.

It takes deliberate consciousness to write down goals. However, it takes great faith to remain firm when things get tougher in the process of achieving set goals.
Those with strong foundations + provisions will survive compared to those who have nothing.

If a rich man's son has the same goals as you and + the same attitude to hit the bull's eye, he will succeed and move faster than you that struggle for your basic needs.

Inevitable factors are there. They both limit and propel. But we must make do with what we have and in whatever positive way we can.

I have always had a mental note of my goals. Using this week to conclude the last part of the 2023 resolution. Insha Allah.

However, with the gleanings from this thread, I'm moved to convert mental notes into physical notes for 2024 goals.

PS: SideChick accountability app looks promising. Because you can have access to other accountable partners. So when your partner is absent, the app is present.

PS: Can no longer find SideChick app on play store.

So, I'm sticking to Productive Habit tracker.

HabitNow is my second choice.

Well done, ILegendd.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by TheMensch(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
A Nigerian on Nairaland really wrote this?
As in no tribal sentiment?
No religious sentiment?
No political sentiment?
I'm really impressed.

I'm certainly doing this.
Do I need to write a list of the Four things I need to achieve in 2024?
Maybe we can be reminding ourselves here..

6 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by iLegendd(m): 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
CaveAdullam:
Solid post.
Great input. You write so well. Writing 20 books in 20 hours won't be a challenge to you. If you get stressed, you switch to ChatGPT.

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by oxiide22(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
This post doesn't make sense I swear
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by CaveAdullam: 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
iLegendd:
Great input. You write so well. Writing 20 books in 20 hours won't be a challenge to you. If you get stressed, you switch to ChatGPT.

Thanks.

You are the master.

You lead. We follow.

No jokes.

"abeg gimme me mentee ticket naw"
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Nemesis0147(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
oxiide22:
This post doesn't make sense I swear
it does..
Trusts me….especially the accountability aspect….
Many things wey person suppose achieve this year but procrastination finish everything…
I’m following this thread asap

5 Likes

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by StubbornGENIUS: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
iLegendd:
INTERESTING ...
Someone introduced me to GOALSWON during a seminar on estate management when i told her of my eternal battle with procrastination .
This amazing app has led me to developed a consistent 9.30-10pm bedtime routine,even when my favorite team is playing.
With real professional coaches ,it's an app you should try.As well as the daily accountability, there’s also a way to set targets for the month. The idea is that the daily actions should lead towards achieving the monthly targets.

It ain't free,but it's worth your money.

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by ambitiouschap17: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2023
Anny69:

Fatherless behavior.

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Anny69: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
ambitiouschap17:

Fatherless behavior.
This is a beautiful thread and I don't want to derail it. ❤️

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by Englishisamust: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
See as I dey read attentively!! He don tey wey I don read this type of post.. grin grin my own problem is distraction. I may be writing code now. In the next 5 minutes I don receive notification wey go fit lead me to watching YouTube fun videos. Before you know I don waste like 1 hour of the time I suppose to use to achieve better things...
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by SuperOnyi: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
iLegendd:
legend

shocked

I just downloaded Google Keep Notes and after a little research, I decided to use HabitNow as my accountability app.

This accountability app is flexible and cheap compared to others, the premium version is 3.999 Naira and you get access to it forever. It's easier to set goals like habits, tasks, and you don't even need to fill up any form because they already have your personal information as soon as you click on "install".

I'm looking forward to getting back to kdp publishing, programming, learning a new language, and another goal (which makes it 4). I'm going to take my time to write down my goals before I select my 2024 goals. As long as I am alive, I will live and not just exist!

1 Like

Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by chariisGRACE(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
I must confess, this post came at the best time.

Procrastination has finished me. I am a UI/UX Designer who is planning to incorporate Front-end Development into my stack, but procrastination and laziness has been a barrier.

I already know HTML and CSS, but JavaScript has been an 'I go am' situation to me. Even though I can beat my chest to say "I tried" because, I gave myself this year to learn it.

I know the root cause of my distractions - gaming. I'm deleting those games right away.

Please, if there is anyone who can volunteer to be throwing small-small design or coding tasks to keep me grounded, I'd appreciate.

Thanks, iLegend for this...
Re: +18: Do This Before 2024. Nobody Has Told You This, But I'll Tell You. by dreamxhaser: 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
Englishisamust:
See as I dey read attentively!! He don tey wey I don read this type of post.. grin grin my own problem is distraction. I may be writing code now. In the next 5 minutes I don receive notification wey go fit lead me to watching YouTube fun videos. Before you know I don waste like 1 hour of the time I suppose to use to achieve better things...

Same

After I watch video. Sleep go con dey worry me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys What Will Be You Action If You found Condom In Your Wife Bag? / Have You Dumped Someone Before And Regret It? / Female's Thread. (no Male Pls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.