Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? (4405 Views)

10th Assembly: Why North West Deserve Speakership - Ibrahim Suleiman Posted / Speaker Of Akwa Ibom State Assembly & Members Gain Access Into The Building / Many Opportunists In APC Now Will Defect If Buhari Is Defeated In 2019 -okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2023
Nigerian politicians are probably the dumbest creatures. The actions of the Rivers state assembly men had no strategic value. 27 is greater than 4. More importantly, it's a veto proof majority. This means they could impose their collective agenda regardless of the governor's opinion.

Defecting is simply a symbolic gesture that accomplishes nothing that they couldn't do in their current party. If they did want to defect, it could wait until the next election. The only reason for the theatrical mass defection is to say APC controls one more houses of assembly.

Update:
The governor foolishly allowed the state assembly members to keep their seats diluting his political power in the name of peace. The PDP in name only faction proceeds to override the governors vetos. This proves there was no point in rushing to switch parties. They maintain power and can pursue any APC policy they wish.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Felabrity: 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
Blud think he knows politics better than them

Their idea was prolly to turn Rivers to an APC state, blud

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by rinzaugustine: 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
By the time fubara block their salaries for 1 year they will become full time behggars in streets of PH

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Nigerialabalaba: 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
Na because similaye Fubara don do wetin dem say musiliu Obanikoro do to city hall to d state house of Assembly nau
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
Felabrity:
Blud think he knows politics better than them

Their idea was prolly to turn Rivers to an APC state, blud

An Appeals to authority is a logical fallacy. Come with a counter argument of I will simply consider you part of their ilk incapable of strategic planning. If the idea is to turn the state into an APC state, you'd wait till the next election instead of risking your seat being vacated for nothing. They're counting on their constituency changing their minds either way.

7 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2023
Nigerialabalaba:
Na because similaye Fubara don do wetin dem say musiliu Obanikoro do to city hall to d state house of Assembly nau

OK let's say they can't use city hall temporarily they can form a quorum somewhere else to conduct business. If there's a state law saying they can't just wait till then change the law. Again it's a veto proof majority.

rinzaugustine:
By the time fubara block their salaries for 1 year they will become full time behggars in streets of PH

I can't feel sorry for those foolish creatures. There's nothing stopping them for exercising subversive control if they did want to be Wike's errand boys.

7 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Righthussle: 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
Blue3k:
Nigerian politicians are probably the dumbest creatures. The action of the Rivers state assembly men had no strategic value. 27 is Greater than 4. More importantly it's a veto proof majority. This means they could impose their collective agenda regardless of the governor opinion.

Defecting is simply a symbolic gesture that accomplishes nothing that they couldn't do in their current party. If they did want to defect it could wait till the next election. The only reason for the theatrical mass defection is to say APC controls one more house of assembly.

Can you proof that they actually defected?

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Righthussle:

Can you prove that they actually defected?

It's been reported that they have and the individuals in question never denied it. If they didn't defect they can go to court and deny it. I don't need to speak for them.

11 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Blue3k:
Nigerian politicians are probably the dumbest creatures. The action of the Rivers state assembly men had no strategic value. 27 is Greater than 4. More importantly it's a veto proof majority. This means they could impose their collective agenda regardless of the governor opinion.

Defecting is simply a symbolic gesture that accomplishes nothing that they couldn't do in their current party. If they did want to defect it could wait till the next election. The only reason for the theatrical mass defection is to say APC controls one more house of assembly.
The average Nigerian is very intelligent, logical, sophisticated, enlightened when sitting behind the keyboard while others are dûmb.
Just like u think u are wiser than them now.
One thing I have noticed about dûmb people is that they are quick to call others dûmb, intelligent people doñ't talk so much about intelligence like intelligent wannabes.
If u are so smart, u should be beating at the polls not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
JagabanB:

The average Nigerian is very intelligent, logical, sophisticated, enlightened when sitting behind the keyboard while others are dûmb.
Just like u think u are wiser than them now.
One thing I have noticed about dûmb people is that they are quick to call others dûmb, intelligent people doñ't talk so much about intelligence like intelligent wannabes.
If u are so smart, u should be beating at the polls not the other way round.

Yawn just like your friend you're just rambling instead of presenting a counter argument. Their actions were foolish and you can't defend them. It seems you're just as dense as the creatures you're defending. What a pity.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 12:03am On Dec 14, 2023
Blue3k:

Yawn just like you're friend you just rambling instead of presenting a counter argument. Their actions were foolish and you can't defend them. It seems you're just as dense as the creatures you're defending. What a pity.
I doñ't give a gooooddddamnnn fvck about Rivers poIitics, what I care about is the f00Iishness inherent in u folks who are only smart behind the keyboard, this ur intelligence won't display itself when u find urself in real life situations that demand it.
"Nîgeriàn polîticians are the dumbest creatures..." Yet they are ur eIite while u hide every four years with ur superior knowledge, if u are so intelligent to discover how dûmb they are, they shouldn't stand a chance against u at the polls.
But unfortunately, u won't even score 50 votes if u contest for ordinary counselor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 12:14am On Dec 14, 2023
JagabanB:

I doñ't give a gooooddddamnnn fvck about Rivers poIitics, what I care about is the f00Iishness inherent in u folks who are only smart behind the keyboard, this ur intelligence won't display itself when u find urself in real life situations that demand it.
"Nîgeriàn polîticians are the dumbest creatures..." Yet they are ur eIite while u hide every four years with ur superior knowledge, if u are so intelligent to discover how dûmb they are, they shouldn't stand a chance against u at the polls.
But unfortunately, u won't even score 50 votes if u contest for ordinary counselor.

Lol you really are as dull as the creatures you failed to defend. I noticed you still can't explain how anything I said is incorrect. You just resort to ad hominem attacks to deflect from reality. You're making claims you can't back up about me. Lol who told you I desire to be a politician?

Nigerian politicians are elite at what exactly? They are just great at winning elections and voting themselves money. Why did you click on a thread about the subject you don't give a damn about? Don't you have better things to do, like maybe clicking things you like and care about?

8 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Difrent: 2:10am On Dec 14, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol you really are as dull as the creatures you failed to defend. I noticed you still can't explain how anything I said is incorrect. You just resort to adhomenim attacks to deflect from reality. You making claims you can't back up about me. Lol who told you I desire to be a politician?

Nigerian politicians are elite at what exactly? They just great at winning elections and voting themselves money. Why did you click on a thread about subject you don't give a damn about? Don't you have better things to do like maybe clicking things you like and care about?

You have a point. But what is the assurance that they will be able to use the numerical strength to impeach the governor if they remained in Pdp?
No assurance.
In fact a court just recognized the leader of the Fubara faction as the authentic speaker which gave them the power to convene at government house and approve governor Sim budget proposals .
So you see that the faction with the lower number but with the backing of the executive governor is the one making decisions and not the majority faction.

The guy you quoted was also right in his assertion that calling Nigerian Politicians dumb and these same dumb people rule over you means you are even Dumber than them.
How can our wiseness not make us see that we keep electing the same people we claim to be wiser than
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 4:01am On Dec 14, 2023
Difrent:

You have a point. But what is the assurance that they will be able to use the numerical strength to impeach the governor if they remained in Pdp?
No assurance.
In fact a court just recognized the leader of the Fubara faction as the authentic speaker which gave them the power to convene at government house and approve governor Sim budget proposals .
So you see that the faction with the lower number but with the backing of the executive governor is the one making decisions and not the majority faction.

The guy you quoted was also right in his assertion that calling Nigerian Politicians dumb and these same dumb people rule over you means you are even Dumber than them.
How can our wiseness not make us see that we keep electing the same people we claim to be wiser than

There's no assurance in life besides death. If you're only going to do things when you have absolute certainty then remain in the party with the current majority. These fact don't change by changing parties so your argument is moot. I don't understand how you guys reason.

It was not the backing of the governor it was these dumb animals running off a cliff like Wiley Coyote that sealed their fates. The laws were in place whether theu had the governors blessing or not. They had the new veto proof majority to do as they pleased since their colleagues engaged in an unforced error.

It's foolish of both you to measure intelligence by holding a political post instead of their actions and mental ability. Intelligence by normal people is defined on having the ability to think and reason. By your weird logic you're ready to call any fool brilliant because they're elected just like you call any religious figure holy because they have a title.

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2023
Bump
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Ikaeniyan0: 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Wike will be funding them
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Sunday2021: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2023
Righthussle:

Can you proof that they actually defected?
only a full will deny that. They have released a press statement stating the reason for their defection.
Now they foolishly put a rope on their neck.
God bless Governor fubara

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Jlow2: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
The just defected to apc so that they can do lawlessness and get approval from federal govt to kill steal and destroy

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol you really are as dull as the creatures you failed to defend. I noticed you still can't explain how anything I said is incorrect. You just resort to ad hominem attacks to deflect from reality. You're making claims you can't back up about me. Lol who told you I desire to be a politician?

Nigerian politicians are elite at what exactly? They are just great at winning elections and voting themselves money. Why did you click on a thread about the subject you don't give a damn about? Don't you have better things to do, like maybe clicking things you like and care about?
Ur reply sounds so funny, more like a kid playing in the sand.
"Nîgeriàn polîticians are the dumbest creatures u have ever seen..." Bla Bla Bla, they are so dûmb, yet u cañ't beat them in the game, u dón't have interest in politics yet u are hands on with what happens in politics.
The point I am aiming is ur deIusion thinking u are smart, u are so smart yet u are under a duII polîtician whose decisions affects ur smart way of life?
I open threads to read, probably get information, that's why I open threads when I have time to do that.
Ur statement is what I am aiming.
U are so intelligent, why staying under the "dûmbest creatures" u have ever seen?
Polîticians are not elites?
I see how great ur intelligence is.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
JagabanB:

Ur reply sounds so funny, more like a kid playing in the sand.
"Nîgeriàn polîticians are the dumbest creatures u have ever seen..." Bla Bla Bla, they are so dûmb, yet u cañ't beat them in the game, u dón't have interest in politics yet u are hands on with what happens in politics.
The point I am aiming is ur deIusion thinking u are smart, u are so smart yet u are under a duII polîtician whose decisions affects ur smart way of life?
I open threads to read, probably get information, that's why I open threads when I have time to do that.
Ur statement is what I am aiming.
U are so intelligent, why staying under the "dûmbest creatures" u have ever seen?
Polîticians are not elites?
I see how great ur intelligence is.

Blue3k:

Lol who told you I desire to be a politician?

Lol what a mumu reply this is. You clearly are as dull as the animals you're failed to defend.
I said I do not have interest in being a politician. I have an interest in politics. Please read before making idiotic rants. Yes idiots can affect my life that doesn't change the fact they're idiots. By your weird logic you're ready to call any fool brilliant because they're elected just like you call any religious figure holy because they have a title.

No, they're not elites dudes. I asked you what they're elite at. Do you consider them some sort of nobility? The vast majority aren't important and wield little to no power or influence. The definition of elite is below tell me what makes them elite.

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
Blue3k:
Nigerian politicians are probably the dumbest creatures. The actions of the Rivers state assembly men had no strategic value. 27 is greater than 4. More importantly, it's a veto proof majority. This means they could impose their collective agenda regardless of the governor's opinion.

Defecting is simply a symbolic gesture that accomplishes nothing that they couldn't do in their current party. If they did want to defect, it could wait until the next election. The only reason for the theatrical mass defection is to say APC controls one more houses of assembly.

Well, they've shot themselves in the foot.

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2023
Blue3k:
Bump
You're right about the dumbness of the move and the fact that it's an unforced error.
The guiding principle that led them to the error is simply sycophancy. They saw their boss singing the mandate song and they felt oblige to join.
Also I suspect they thought defecting will guarantee them federal protection which is a dumb way to think as you said

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're right about the dumbness of the move and the fact that it's an unforced error.
The guiding principle that led them to the error is simply sycophancy. They saw their boss singing the mandate song and they felt oblige to join.
Also I suspect they thought defecting will guarantee them federal protection which is a dumb way to think as you said

I agree I do believe there's a beta male culture pervasive in Nigerian politics. These State Assembly men worship the executive branch like they're serving a king. This is one reason I believe there's never been a overrided veto any state. It's happened at the national level where it's more difficult in a bicameral house.

Other than that I can bet this move didn't involve Tinubu. As much as I loathe these cretins I admit he's a smooth operator. Getting rid of Ambode via an open primary was a smart move. If he was consulted I know they would have excerised patience and tact.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by ivolt: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2023
It was the most foolish move ever.
The only safe time to defect is when you are in total control
or elections are few months away.
They defected when cases are still in court!
Now, they have double obstacles to cross.

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by favor914: 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Please stop exhibiting your gross ignorance, na Governor dey pay legislators?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by favor914: 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
ivolt:
It was the most foolish move ever.
The only safe time to defect is when you are in total control
or elections are few months away.
They defected when cases are still in court!
Now, they have double obstacles to cross.
Please exit the politics section.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by ivolt: 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
favor914:
Please exit the politics section.
Don't you know where to sell your wares?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by WorldRichest: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2023
Okay nah
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by favor914: 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
ivolt:

Don't you know where to sell your wares?
Definitely not to a poor minded person like yourself.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol what a mumu reply this is. You clearly are as dull as the animals you're failed to defend.
I said I do not have interest in being a politician. I have an interest in politics. Please read before making idiotic rants. Yes idiots can affect my life that doesn't change the fact they're idiots. By your weird logic you're ready to call any fool brilliant because they're elected just like you call any religious figure holy because they have a title.

No, they're not elites dudes. I asked you what they're elite at. Do you consider them some sort of nobility? The vast majority aren't important and wield little to no power or influence. The definition of elite is below tell me what makes them elite.
A conversation is not defeñsè and attàck, but the Albert Einstein of Nairaland is not even aware of that.
Lol.
Intelligent people doñ't have interest in the affairs of the "dûmbest creatures" they have ever seen, u keep making a jóké of ur inteIIigence with every reply, guess u are looking for engagement afterall.
U have interest in being a politician, u know u cañ't make the cut.
The definition u posted already made u understand that they are elites but since that definition is too compIex for ur extremely intelligent mind I guess this one below is down to ur level.

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 10:30am On Dec 15, 2023
JagabanB:

A conversation is not defeñsè and attàck, but the Albert Einstein of Nairaland is not even aware of that.
Lol.
Intelligent people doñ't have interest in the affairs of the "dûmbest creatures" they have ever seen, u keep making a jóké of ur inteIIigence with every reply, guess u are looking for engagement afterall.
U have interest in being a politician, u know u cañ't make the cut.
The definition u posted already made u understand that they are elites but since that definition is too compIex for ur extremely intelligent mind I guess this one below is down to ur level.

I already told you I don't have Interest in being a politician clown. I told you I have interest in the subject and actions since it has effect on society. It's the same reason one should have an interest in the weather or crime. Politicians don't meet the definition you posted, but like a mumu, you argue blindly. They aren't the richest members of society or best educated or group in the society. The average politician doesn't hold a doctorate degree and doesn't on the forbes Forbes list. These guys aren't very impressive unless you believe voting yourself or stealing other people money is impressive. Even telling me they're powerful is questionable. Just look at how these clowns in the majority can't effect their collective will. They were too stupid to simply understand math. They're also easily bought with a cash via lobbying hence so maybe the business owners should be considered elite by this definition not the politician.

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
Blue3k:

I already told you I don't have Interest in being a politician clown. I told you I have interest in the subject and actions since it has effect on society. It's the same reason one should have an interest in the weather or crime. Politicians don't meet the definition you posted, but like a mumu, you argue blindly. They aren't the richest members of society or best educated or group in the society. The average politician doesn't hold a doctorate degree and doesn't on the forbes Forbes list. These guys aren't very impressive unless you believe voting yourself or stealing other people money is impressive. Even telling me they're powerful is questionable. Just look at how these clowns in the majority can't effect their collective will. They were too stupid to simply understand math. They're also easily bought with a cash via lobbying hence so maybe the business owners should be considered elite by this definition not the politician.
I am sure if we are on a TV program, where u have an audience u are talking to, u will be f00Iish enough to spew same tràsh u are spewing now.
It's easy to type.
It's very easy to be extremely intelligent in a faceless forum.
Intelligent men are never interested in businesses involving "dûmbest creatures they have ever seen".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-rufai To Be President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Director? / REVEALED! N850m Was Paid Into Buhari Access Bank Account – Dasuki / What Offence Did Oby Ezekwesili Commit Against Some Igbos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.