Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? (4426 Views)

10th Assembly: Why North West Deserve Speakership - Ibrahim Suleiman Posted / Speaker Of Akwa Ibom State Assembly & Members Gain Access Into The Building / Many Opportunists In APC Now Will Defect If Buhari Is Defeated In 2019 -okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2023
JagabanB:

I read through ur paragraph and it lacks substance.
First off, Nero was a descendant of a ruling class, the last his line.
The descendant of Octavian (Caesar Augustus)
He didn't lift a finger?
Maybe u should check history.
Marc Anthony was a friend to Julius Caesar, Julius Caesar had an adopted heir in Caesar Augustus who took after him.
If Marc Anthony was so intelligent, he wouldn't have played into the hands of Caesar Augustus like he did.
U saying "Marc Anthony never competed against Julius Caesar for the throne of emperor" is pointless, it clearly shows u don't even know that I am talking about Caesar Augustus who was heir to Julius Caesar, stick to what u know.
I have known this history since I was a kid.
U barely know it, that's why u are confusing the two.
What u just described about Ojukwu and MKO Abiola is about people who went to school, u don't need to go to school to be intelligent, u should know that, shouldn't you?
If Ojukwu was so intelligent, he won't have gotten into a position where someone who didn't get a degree will win by a blockade.
Getting a degree is not same as being intelligent.
I am not talking about getting a degree.
The polîticians the poster called "dûmbest creatures" all have degrees, is the talk about degree now?
LOL.
Some of u just argue for d sake of it.
Compassion doesn't equate to intelligence, don't u get it?
Brutal people can be intelligent.
crïmïñaIs can be intelligent.
Nero being a descendant of a ruling class is not a sign of intelligence and did not confer the throne on him. He was adopted and made heir. He did nothing to merit it. Mark Antony was also related to Julius Ceasar and he did not compete against Augustus Ceasar. In terms of intelligence, Mark Antony was more highly regarded than Augustus Ceasar. You're simply buttresing my point.

It's unfortunate the only thing you read about Ojukwu and MKO is that they went to school. I clearly wrote that MKO was the responsible for Nigeria's first telecom lines. As for Ojukwu, he was so good the British officers quickly made him a commissioned officer. So don't hide under education is not a sign of intelligence.
Show how Shagari was a better man than Awolowo in terms of intelligence for example.
Show how MKO was below Abacha in terms of intelligence.
Your points of argument are weak which is why you're making intelligence look like an abstract thing which can't be quantified which is clearly a lie.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
Blue3k:

I never reversed my statement regarding you bowing to politicians. Where did you read that? Lol you're hurt. You can't debunk any fact I stated. Even the people here noticed it. You don't even attempt it. Anyway, an idiot can be powerful. Nigerians are held hostage by their voting patterns. Hey, that's democracy whether you vote these losers in or not your effected.

You met a fellow loser like yourself, groveling to politicians. You also met an elite criminal minister ripping off companies. Can you tell me any stories about intelligence politicians you keep telling me about. Again, what are these guys elite at besides stealing and making foolish policies?
Pay the guy no heed. Which intelligent human goes online to be a troll for someone who is not aware of his existence.
Look at his moniker. Is Tinubu aware there's one idiot on NL using his title to form defender. That's to tell you how mentally retarded these guys are.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
Kukutente23:

Nero being a descendant of a ruling class is not a sign of intelligence and did not confer the throne on him. He was adopted and made heir. He did nothing to merit it. Mark Antony was also related to Julius Ceasar and he did not compete against Augustus Ceasar. In terms of intelligence, Mark Antony was more highly regarded than Augustus Ceasar. You're simply buttresing my point.

It's unfortunate the only thing you read about Ojukwu and MKO is that they went to school. I clearly wrote that MKO was the responsible for Nigeria's first telecom lines. As for Ojukwu, he was so good the British officers quickly made him a commissioned officer. So don't hide under education is not a sign of intelligence.
Show how Shagari was a better man than Awolowo in terms of intelligence for example.
Show how MKO was below Abacha in terms of intelligence.
Your points of argument are weak which is why you're making intelligence look like an abstract thing which can't be quantified which is clearly a lie.
U are not even making a point.
Was Nero chosen because of his power?
The talk is about power (brutal force) against intelligence, so Nero was chosen because of his brutal power?
Marc Anthony never vied for the apex seat?
U need to read and learn history.
Marc Anthony was regarded than August Caesar because Marc Anthony was a renowned soldier whereas August Caesar was a kid at the time, not because Mark Anthony was more intelligent.
If Marc Anthony was so intelligent like u are trying to say, he wouldn't have Iost out to a kid.
He would have known not to play around with Cleopatra with the kind of sèntimeñts Rome was sharing.
This are stories that u learn in secondary school literature, u are not even grounded in that story, u probably think u are talking with someone who has no idea about history.
U are bIabbiñg.
I made a clean example to u.
Ojukwu was technically defèatèd in a wàr with food not with superior weapóñs, this was a wàr he started, why start a wàr when u dón't have food?
This is basic understanding for a commander whom u assume is so intelligent.
Gowon bèàting Ojukwu cIearIy shows he is miles ahead of Ojukwu in terms of intelligence, why starting a war when u wiII cIearIy depend on ur opponent for food?
It doesn't matter what position he was given in Europe, he was bèàtèn by a Iess edûcàted commander on the battIe fieId with simpIe basics.
U clearly have no point and u are talking about other people's point being wèak?
The truth is that most of u cIaiming so much intelligence are first gràdè duIIards in reality, I am taIking from my encounter with many of u in this country.
Nigeria's first telecom lines came in the 1800's, so those lines were brought by Abiola?
Why do u like talking about what u dón't know?
MKO was an entrepreneur who was passionate about growing his community.
So Shagari bèàt Awolowo with brûtè fórcè?
I keep telling u folks, there's a reason why an argument breaks out in the first place, always stick to that point and not bIabbiñg like u are in a beer parlor.
From comparing Nero whom u said became a leader by inheritance to using Shagari and Awolowo who are not in the inheritance scene is very very very Iamè.
People Iike u make inteIIigence sound like a joke.
U have been talking about what u dón't know alot.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 12:16am On Dec 18, 2023
JagabanB:

U are not even making a point.
Was Nero chosen because of his power?
The talk is about power (brutal force) against intelligence, so Nero was chosen because of his brutal power?
Marc Anthony never vied for the apex seat?
U need to read and learn history.
Marc Anthony was regarded than August Caesar because Marc Anthony was a renowned soldier whereas August Caesar was a kid at the time, not because Mark Anthony was more intelligent.
If Marc Anthony was so intelligent like u are trying to say, he wouldn't have Iost out to a kid.
He would have known not to play around with Cleopatra with the kind of sèntimeñts Rome was sharing.
This are stories that u learn in secondary school literature, u are not even grounded in that story, u probably think u are talking with someone who has no idea about history.
U are bIabbiñg.
I made a clean example to u.
Ojukwu was technically defèatèd in a wàr with food not with superior weapóñs, this was a wàr he started, why start a wàr when u dón't have food?
This is basic understanding for a commander whom u assume is so intelligent.
Gowon bèàting Ojukwu cIearIy shows he is miles ahead of Ojukwu in terms of intelligence, why starting a war when u wiII cIearIy depend on ur opponent for food?
It doesn't matter what position he was given in Europe, he was bèàtèn by a Iess edûcàted commander on the battIe fieId with simpIe basics.
U clearly have no point and u are talking about other people's point being wèak?
The truth is that most of u cIaiming so much intelligence are first gràdè duIIards in reality, I am taIking from my encounter with many of u in this country.
Nigeria's first telecom lines came in the 1800's, so those lines were brought by Abiola?
Why do u like talking about what u dón't know?
MKO was an entrepreneur who was passionate about growing his community.
So Shagari bèàt Awolowo with brûtè fórcè?
I keep telling u folks, there's a reason why an argument breaks out in the first place, always stick to that point and not bIabbiñg like u are in a beer parlor.
From comparing Nero whom u said became a leader by inheritance to using Shagari and Awolowo who are not in the inheritance scene is very very very Iamè.
People Iike u make inteIIigence sound like a joke.
U have been talking about what u dón't know alot.

As is usual with you, you have lost yourself and now just typing for the fun of it. Let me remind you what your claims are maybe you'll be in the right frame of mind to find them ridiculous now.
- Intelligent people always get political power
-Intelligent people always rule over the less intelligent ones
-To obtain political power, you have to be intelligent. This implies no intelligence, no power.
With the above, it is easy to see you are off point about Nero. Your claim situates Nero as an intelligent person to have become Roman Emperor which is common knowledge as untrue.
Your claim also means Mark Antony was a less intelligent person than Nero for not having obtained maximum political power. You even introduced Ceasar Augustus who like Nero, the claim he had to power was actually inheritance rights and not intelligence. You failed again in that regard.
Since you are back to Ojukwu and Gowon, it is a historical fact that Gowon became head of state because he was the highest ranking northern military officer then and not because he was the most intelligent officer in the Nigerian Army. Again, this defeats your claim that the most intellgent people always get power.
As for the war, it is common knowledge that Ojukwu felt justified on the war since Gowon had refused to continue on the terms of Aburi accords. Both men were involved in a clash of egos and not necessarily intelligence. Gowon was presiding over Nigeria, an established sovereign which gave him much leverage in the international angle of prosecuting the war. The result of which is that, Nigeria lost Bakassi Peninsula till today. That's the price of the blockade and I don't know how it seems intelligent to you that a sovereign nation will trade a part of its territory in a bid to win a war.
Again, the fact still remains that MKO built telecoms lines in Nigeria while Abacha was about planning coups. In terms of education, MKO was also miles ahead of him. You sidestepped those to dwell on whether the telecoms line were the first or not. Straight question is how Abacha was able to grab power over MKO? Was he more intelligent than MKO?
Again, give a straight answer based on your stand on the relationship between power and intelligence. Was Shagari a more intelligent man than Awolowo to have beaten him twice in elections?
You're shying away from the facts and dwelling on exigencies because you know those facts defeat your claims hands down.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2023
Kukutente23:

As is usual with you, you have lost yourself and now just typing for the fun of it. Let me remind you what your claims are maybe you'll be in the right frame of mind to find them ridiculous now.
- Intelligent people always get political power
-Intelligent people always rule over the less intelligent ones
-To obtain political power, you have to be intelligent. This implies no intelligence, no power.
With the above, it is easy to see you are off point about Nero. Your claim situates Nero as an intelligent person to have become Roman Emperor which is common knowledge as untrue.
Your claim also means Mark Antony was a less intelligent person than Nero for not having obtained maximum political power. You even introduced Ceasar Augustus who like Nero, the claim he had to power was actually inheritance rights and not intelligence. You failed again in that regard.
Since you are back to Ojukwu and Gowon, it is a historical fact that Gowon became head of state because he was the highest ranking northern military officer then and not because he was the most intelligent officer in the Nigerian Army. Again, this defeats your claim that the most intellgent people always get power.
As for the war, it is common knowledge that Ojukwu felt justified on the war since Gowon had refused to continue on the terms of Aburi accords. Both men were involved in a clash of egos and not necessarily intelligence. Gowon was presiding over Nigeria, an established sovereign which gave him much leverage in the international angle of prosecuting the war. The result of which is that, Nigeria lost Bakassi Peninsula till today. That's the price of the blockade and I don't know how it seems intelligent to you that a sovereign nation will trade a part of its territory in a bid to win a war.
Again, the fact still remains that MKO built telecoms lines in Nigeria while Abacha was about planning coups. In terms of education, MKO was also miles ahead of him. You sidestepped those to dwell on whether the telecoms line were the first or not. Straight question is how Abacha was able to grab power over MKO? Was he more intelligent than MKO?
Again, give a straight answer based on your stand on the relationship between power and intelligence. Was Shagari a more intelligent man than Awolowo to have beaten him twice in elections?
You're shying away from the facts and dwelling on exigencies because you know those facts defeat your claims hands down.
U made three claims which u assumed.
I am not surprised, someone who calls Marc Anthony as "McAnthony" doesn't know what he's talking about.
Let me repeat again the very reason why I replied to this post, some of love talking like u are in the beer parlor so u keep talking because at that moment, talking makes u feel good.
The poster said "Nigèrian polîticians are the dûmbest creatures I have ever seen", now, how comes the avèràge Nîgèrîan always claim to be so intelligent yet they are always ruled by "the dûmbest creatures" since 1960?
Can u explain?
At first u will say military coup, what about since 1999?
How comes the "dûmbest creatures" who are a few thousands hold millions who are super intelligent hostage, this is the question I am asking the poster, he avoided it and went on bIabbiñg and bIabbiñg, this is same thing I am asking u now, this is the point I am making, not the ones u made up in ur head, he went ahead to talk about brute power, if millions of people are so intelligent to see that those few thousands are the "dûmbest creatures", where did they get the brute power to dominate the tens of millions?
Explain this now.

Back to ur empty analysis from Roman empire, comparing Nero of generations later to Marc Anthony, is cràss.
Compare two people who vied for same position in same era and that's where Caesar Augustus came in, he didn't get over Marc Anthony because of being Caesar's heir, he out manoeuvred Marc Anthony whom according to was more regarded than him, he played the game so well, his intelligence made him play the long game with patience while u super intelligent Marc Anthony lost the game he was clearly ahead of winning.
U said Marc Anthony was not interested to saying August Caesar got over him because of intelligence is a direct opposite of history and shows u know nothing about history.
"Your claim also means Mark Antony was a less intelligent person than Nero for not having obtained maximum political power. You even introduced Ceasar Augustus who like Nero, the claim he had to power was actually inheritance rights and not intelligence. You failed again in that regard."
The above statement of yours is faIse and clearly an accusation, I have told u repeatedly that bringing Nero into the discussion with Marc Anthony is wróñg analysis.
That's what I have been on about, Nero cañ't be compared with Caesar because Nero was in line to inherit the leadership.
That's when I told u that the talk should be between Caesar Augustus and Marc Anthony rather than Nero, that's what I have been on about, so where did that claim u are pushing to me came from??
U said Nero was not chosen because of his intelligence, was he chosen because he had brutal power like a polar bear? Answer this particular question that's what is relevant to our discussion.
I have asked u three questions already, as usual, answering them will blow u out of wits, u will prèteñd u didn't see them, the last question I am asking it for the second time now.
Answer and stop attributing claims to me that u made up in ur head.
Marc Anthony went head to head with Caesar Augustus and lost because August Caesar despite being young was more intelligent than irrational Marc Anthony.
Back to the Nigerian claim, u are only talking now to keep replies going because u are clearly out of ur wits.
MKO built first communication line in Nigeria, really?
Even kids in primary 6 know it's false and u a supposed Tommy Edison doñ't even know that?
MKO was an entrepreneur, does being an entrepreneur make u more intelligent than those who are not?
U know the Ojukwu story, as usual, u are trying to bring in other talks to deflect from the basics just like beer parlor talk, if Ojukwu was super intelligent in comparison to Gowon, why did he Iosé the wàr he declared because of food?
The super intelligent Ojukwu couldn't anticipate that but Gowon did?
And Gowon did declare the war, Ojukwu did.
His reason for doing it is not necessary in this particular discussion like u are trying to sneak it in.
Answer the questions I asked u from the beginning of this very long reply and stop deflecting.
Stop attributing claims that I didn't make to me.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 8:27am On Dec 18, 2023
Kukutente23:

Pay the guy no heed. Which intelligent human goes online to be a troll for someone who is not aware of his existence.
Look at his moniker. Is Tinubu aware there's one idiot on NL using his title to form defender. That's to tell you how mentally retarded these guys are.
The title "Ja agaa ba Borgu" is actually a title from a northern kingdom, not because it belongs to Tinubu, so I am free to use whatever title I choose.
The talk is not even about Tinubu.
LOL.
Intelligence is really a scarce commodity in this country that's why any îdîót can claim to have it.
I am talking on a general scale and u narrow it down to Tinubu.
Someone makes a post iñsûItîñg other people who doñ't know about his existence, that's the troII not those putting him right, u dón't know history and u dón't know words yet u cIaim to be intelligent?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2023
JagabanB:

The title "Ja agaa ba Borgu" is actually a title from a northern kingdom, not because it belongs to Tinubu, so I am free to use whatever title I choose.
The talk is not even about Tinubu.
LOL.
Intelligence is really a scarce commodity in this country that's why any îdîót can claim to have it.
I am talking on a general scale and u narrow it down to Tinubu.
Someone makes a post iñsûItîñg other people who doñ't know about his existence, that's the troII not those putting him right, u dón't know history and u dón't know words yet u cIaim to be intelligent?
Who was the Jagaban Borgu before Tinubu?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2023
JagabanB:

U made three claims which u assumed.
I am not surprised, someone who calls Marc Anthony as "McAnthony" doesn't know what he's talking about.
Let me repeat again the very reason why I replied to this post, some of love talking like u are in the beer parlor so u keep talking because at that moment, talking makes u feel good.
The poster said "Nigèrian polîticians are the dûmbest creatures I have ever seen", now, how comes the avèràge Nîgèrîan always claim to be so intelligent yet they are always ruled by "the dûmbest creatures" since 1960?
Can u explain?
At first u will say military coup, what about since 1999?
How comes the "dûmbest creatures" who are a few thousands hold millions who are super intelligent hostage, this is the question I am asking the poster, he avoided it and went on bIabbiñg and bIabbiñg, this is same thing I am asking u now, this is the point I am making, not the ones u made up in ur head, he went ahead to talk about brute power, if millions of people are so intelligent to see that those few thousands are the "dûmbest creatures", where did they get the brute power to dominate the tens of millions?
Explain this now.

Back to ur empty analysis from Roman empire, comparing Nero of generations later to Marc Anthony, is cràss.
Compare two people who vied for same position in same era and that's where Caesar Augustus came in, he didn't get over Marc Anthony because of being Caesar's heir, he out manoeuvred Marc Anthony whom according to was more regarded than him, he played the game so well, his intelligence made him play the long game with patience while u super intelligent Marc Anthony lost the game he was clearly ahead of winning.
U said Marc Anthony was not interested to saying August Caesar got over him because of intelligence is a direct opposite of history and shows u know nothing about history.
"Your claim also means Mark Antony was a less intelligent person than Nero for not having obtained maximum political power. You even introduced Ceasar Augustus who like Nero, the claim he had to power was actually inheritance rights and not intelligence. You failed again in that regard."
The above statement of yours is faIse and clearly an accusation, I have told u repeatedly that bringing Nero into the discussion with Marc Anthony is wróñg analysis.
That's what I have been on about, Nero cañ't be compared with Caesar because Nero was in line to inherit the leadership.
That's when I told u that the talk should be between Caesar Augustus and Marc Anthony rather than Nero, that's what I have been on about, so where did that claim u are pushing to me came from??
U said Nero was not chosen because of his intelligence, was he chosen because he had brutal power like a polar bear? Answer this particular question that's what is relevant to our discussion.
I have asked u three questions already, as usual, answering them will blow u out of wits, u will prèteñd u didn't see them, the last question I am asking it for the second time now.
Answer and stop attributing claims to me that u made up in ur head.
Marc Anthony went head to head with Caesar Augustus and lost because August Caesar despite being young was more intelligent than irrational Marc Anthony.
Back to the Nigerian claim, u are only talking now to keep replies going because u are clearly out of ur wits.
MKO built first communication line in Nigeria, really?
Even kids in primary 6 know it's false and u a supposed Tommy Edison doñ't even know that?
MKO was an entrepreneur, does being an entrepreneur make u more intelligent than those who are not?
U know the Ojukwu story, as usual, u are trying to bring in other talks to deflect from the basics just like beer parlor talk, if Ojukwu was super intelligent in comparison to Gowon, why did he Iosé the wàr he declared because of food?
The super intelligent Ojukwu couldn't anticipate that but Gowon did?
And Gowon did declare the war, Ojukwu did.
His reason for doing it is not necessary in this particular discussion like u are trying to sneak it in.
Answer the questions I asked u from the beginning of this very long reply and stop deflecting.
Stop attributing claims that I didn't make to me.

You're just rambling
Mark Antony was known as an intelligent man in his era but he never became emperor. Nero was known as a fooolish man in his era yet he was emperor. I put the two side by side to show you that intelligence is not a means of obtaining political power historically.

After you brought up the issue of eras, I gave you three further examples:

Gowon and Ojukwu. At the diplomatic table in Aburi, Ojukwu won. That's the table of intelligence. It's when it came to brute force he couldn't match Gowon.

Awolowo and Shagari. I noticed you've totally sidestepped that one. Shagari, a Grade 2 schoolteacher beat the man widely referred to as a Sage twice in elections.

MKO and Abacha. MKO was widely regarded as brilliant by his peers and even detractors and he exemplified this by his success in education and businesses chief of which was the telecom lines. Abacha on the other hand was known to be a man who reveled in brute force and rebellions. You shied away from this one too and instead you're majoring on whether the telecoms lines were the first or not. Is that the topic of debate? You have made your point. Go into the meat of the matter!

Let me give you other instances. The most intelligent people in US have been found to be astronauts and tech gurus. Has any President emerged from those two sectors in the US? I guess astronauts and tech guys are dumber than Bush, Trump, Biden etc since they live under these guys as their President.

King Charles 1 must be intelligent and Isaac Newton dumb since Newton could not take over the throne from Charles 1 according to you.

Steph Hawkings must be dumb to have lived all his life under Elizabeth instead of using his intelligence to seize power for himself.

DaVinci must be really dumb to live under Frederick III even though Frederick III was generally regarded as "not so smart and inept at decision making"

Let me bring it home. Jonathan, Buhari and Tinubu must be the most intelligent men in Nigeria. Even more intelligent than say Wole Soyinka since they rule over him and made decisions that affected him.

Lastly, in political science, the three concept of gaining political power is through one of natural succession, brute force of conquest or popularity which is the one we are practicing currently. There has been no instance where intelligence has been a parameter of obtaining political power.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 12:05am On Dec 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're just rambling
Mark Antony was known as an intelligent man in his era but he never became emperor. Nero was known as a fooolish man in his era yet he was emperor. I put the two side by side to show you that intelligence is not a means of obtaining political power historically.

After you brought up the issue of eras, I gave you three further examples:

Gowon and Ojukwu. At the diplomatic table in Aburi, Ojukwu won. That's the table of intelligence. It's when it came to brute force he couldn't match Gowon.

Awolowo and Shagari. I noticed you've totally sidestepped that one. Shagari, a Grade 2 schoolteacher beat the man widely referred to as a Sage twice in elections.

MKO and Abacha. MKO was widely regarded as brilliant by his peers and even detractors and he exemplified this by his success in education and businesses chief of which was the telecom lines. Abacha on the other hand was known to be a man who reveled in brute force and rebellions. You shied away from this one too and instead you're majoring on whether the telecoms lines were the first or not. Is that the topic of debate? You have made your point. Go into the meat of the matter!

Let me give you other instances. The most intelligent people in US have been found to be astronauts and tech gurus. Has any President emerged from those two sectors in the US? I guess astronauts and tech guys are dumber than Bush, Trump, Biden etc since they live under these guys as their President.

King Charles 1 must be intelligent and Isaac Newton dumb since Newton could not take over the throne from Charles 1 according to you.

Steph Hawkings must be dumb to have lived all his life under Elizabeth instead of using his intelligence to seize power for himself.

DaVinci must be really dumb to live under Frederick III even though Frederick III was generally regarded as "not so smart and inept at decision making"

Let me bring it home. Jonathan, Buhari and Tinubu must be the most intelligent men in Nigeria. Even more intelligent than say Wole Soyinka since they rule over him and made decisions that affected him.

Lastly, in political science, the three concept of gaining political power is through one of natural succession, brute force of conquest or popularity which is the one we are practicing currently. There has been no instance where intelligence has been a parameter of obtaining political power.
You stylishly side stepped my questions, Nero was known to be brutaI not f00Iish, go back to history classes, Marc Anthony came head to head with someone more intelligent in Caesar Augustus and he Ióst, despite having superior brute power.
Ojukwu decIared war and Iost, intelligent people win wàrs not brute force.
U dón't win a war because u have brutaI, intelligence gives u an edge over ur opponents, something as basic as food for the army, ur great intelligent Ojukwu didn't know.
The rest, I didn't read them because they are empty as usual.
The fact that I keep replying u with ur historical inaccuracies from onset is bàd on my part, clearly shows u are not worth a reply from the beginning.
Someone who writes Mark Anthony as "McAnthony" is talking about Roman history, clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 12:08am On Dec 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Who was the Jagaban Borgu before Tinubu?

When did Tinubu became Ja agaa ba Borgu?
This is the question u should ask.
I am sure u don't know, u will rush to google as usual.
It's an ancient title that has existed in the history of Borgu native to Niger State.
I don't owe u an explanation for choosing a title from my maternal home, do I?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2023
JagabanB:

You stylishly side stepped my questions, Nero was known to be brutaI not f00Iish, go back to history classes, Marc Anthony came head to head with someone more intelligent in Caesar Augustus and he Ióst, despite having superior brute power.
Ojukwu decIared war and Iost, intelligent people win wàrs not brute force.
U dón't win a war because u have brutaI, intelligence gives u an edge over ur opponents, something as basic as food for the army, ur great intelligent Ojukwu didn't know.
The rest, I didn't read them because they are empty as usual.
The fact that I keep replying u with ur historical inaccuracies from onset is bàd on my part, clearly shows u are not worth a reply from the beginning.
Someone who writes Mark Anthony as "McAnthony" is talking about Roman history, clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
You couldn't reply to the rest because they defeat your dumb claim. Awolowo vs Shagari, MKO vs Abacha, Charles 1 vs Newton, Elizabeth 2 vs Hawkings, DaVinci vs Frederick 3, Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu vs Soyinka all prove your claim is wrong. That's why you have to abandon them and fixate on McAnthony or Mark Antony.
I guess someone who killed his own mother and later committed suicide after burning his city down is intelligent in your estimation. Nero is usually described by negative adjectives. You're just hammering on his brutal side as if he became emperor based on his intelligence and not inheritance.
If I start to give you examples of wars won through force of might and not intelligence as you claim now, you'll begin writing trash.
Stay on the topic. I've given you diverse examples. Show how the rulers were more intelligent than others I mentioned. Stop perambulating

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 12:49am On Dec 22, 2023
JagabanB:

When did Tinubu became Ja agaa ba Borgu?
This is the question u should ask.
I am sure u don't know, u will rush to google as usual.
It's an ancient title that has existed in the history of Borgu native to Niger State.
I don't owe u an explanation for choosing a title from my maternal home, do I?
grin grin grin
It's sad that folks like you think they're intelligent enough to fool anyone when they are actually dumb. FYI Mr, Jagaban is an Hausa word and the title is not native to the Borgu people.
For someone who claims to have roots in Borgu, you're obviously ignorant of the fact that the main Borgu is actually in Benin Republic today and what is called Borgu is Nigeria is actually Bussa, Kaiama and Illa districts which were given the name Borgu by the British since they are an extension of the Borgu kingdom. The Borgu emirate you have today is recent. Jagaban is not a traditional Borgu title. You had to lie didn't you?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

You couldn't reply to the rest because they defeat your dumb claim. Awolowo vs Shagari, MKO vs Abacha, Charles 1 vs Newton, Elizabeth 2 vs Hawkings, DaVinci vs Frederick 3, Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu vs Soyinka all prove your claim is wrong. That's why you have to abandon them and fixate on McAnthony or Mark Antony.
I guess someone who killed his own mother and later committed suicide after burning his city down is intelligent in your estimation. Nero is usually described by negative adjectives. You're just hammering on his brutal side as if he became emperor based on his intelligence and not inheritance.
If I start to give you examples of wars won through force of might and not intelligence as you claim now, you'll begin writing trash.
Stay on the topic. I've given you diverse examples. Show how the rulers were more intelligent than others I mentioned. Stop perambulating
Still didn't read, someone who jumped to compare Nero and Marc Anthony in the most absûrd way and avoided questions that expose his shaIIowñess, I won't read any other thing u type.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

grin grin grin
It's sad that folks like you think they're intelligent enough to fool anyone when they are actually dumb. FYI Mr, Jagaban is an Hausa word and the title is not native to the Borgu people.
For someone who claims to have roots in Borgu, you're obviously ignorant of the fact that the main Borgu is actually in Benin Republic today and what is called Borgu is Nigeria is actually Bussa, Kaiama and Illa districts which were given the name Borgu by the British since they are an extension of the Borgu kingdom. The Borgu emirate you have today is recent. Jagaban is not a traditional Borgu title. You had to lie didn't you?
An Emirate formed before Nigeria got independence is not recent.
It's a good thing u countered urself, so I won't have to stress myself, the places u listed are part of ancient Borgu state which have been partitioned into french territories, ur analysis on that to make it sound like a Iesser pIace is empty, I can't remember telling u that there was no Borgu state before the partitioning, did I tell u I was ignorant of that or as usual, u assumed?
LOL.
U are trying so hard to look for something to hold on to or u are simply dûmb?
"Jagaba" is an Hausa word so when u say "Jagaban" then u should add the name of a place to it so when u say "Jagaban Borgu", it's native to Borgu.
I am using Jagaban Borgu not Jagaban, u see how u ended up f00Iing urseIf now?
Stop f00Iing yourself ok.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2023
JagabanB:

Still didn't read, someone who jumped to compare Nero and Marc Anthony in the most absûrd way and avoided questions that expose his shaIIowñess, I won't read any other thing u type.
Why will you read when it dey pepper you for eye.

The fact is glaring that you are selectively blind to those other cases because they hook you for throat.
You impress no one with your obvious infatuation with Nero and Mark Antony as if they are the only examples or the main point of argument.
Rest

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
JagabanB:

An Emirate formed before Nigeria got independence is not recent.
It's a good thing u countered urself, so I won't have to stress myself, the places u listed are part of ancient Borgu state which have been partitioned into french territories, ur analysis on that to make it sound like a Iesser pIace is empty, I can't remember telling u that there was no Borgu state before the partitioning, did I tell u I was ignorant of that or as usual, u assumed?
LOL.
U are trying so hard to look for something to hold on to or u are simply dûmb?
"Jagaba" is an Hausa word so when u say "Jagaban" then u should add the name of a place to it so when u say "Jagaban Borgu", it's native to Borgu.
I am using Jagaban Borgu not Jagaban, u see how u ended up f00Iing urseIf now?
Stop f00Iing yourself ok.
Lol
What is this one rambling about?
Seems you didn't read your last post or you've started forming amnesia again.
You claimed Jagaban is an ancient title that has existed in the history of Borgu native to Niger State.
I'm pointing out to you that the original Borgu kingdom has no title called Jagaban because it's an Hausa word and Hausa is not native to Borgu neither was that kingdom native to Niger State as you claimed.
Secondly, Borgu as you know it today especially as am Emirate in Niger state which you claimed is ancient is a creation of the colonialists. There was no Borgu Emirate before. What existed is Borgu Kingdom with its headquarters in present day Benin Republic. The Borgu Emirate which consists of those three towns is a recent creation so how can a title taken from there be referred to as ancient? It's funny you are bragging with roman history but totally ignorant of your acclaimed maternal home's history.
Jagaban Borgu is not a traditional Borgu title neither an ancient one as you claimed.
That's why I asked you who was holding the title before Tinubu which made you advertise your ignorance so badly grin grin
Maternal home indeed cheesy cheesy
Agbado soldier forming funky

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

Lol
What is this one rambling about?
Seems you didn't read your last post or you've started forming amnesia again.
You claimed Jagaban is an ancient title that has existed in the history of Borgu native to Niger State.
I'm pointing out to you that the original Borgu kingdom has no title called Jagaban because it's an Hausa word and Hausa is not native to Borgu neither was that kingdom native to Niger State as you claimed.
Secondly, Borgu as you know it today especially as am Emirate in Niger state which you claimed is ancient is a creation of the colonialists. There was no Borgu Emirate before. What existed is Borgu Kingdom with its headquarters in present day Benin Republic. The Borgu Emirate which consists of those three towns is a recent creation so how can a title taken from there be referred to as ancient? It's funny you are bragging with roman history but totally ignorant of your acclaimed maternal home's history.
Jagaban Borgu is not a traditional Borgu title neither an ancient one as you claimed.
That's why I asked you who was holding the title before Tinubu which made you advertise your ignorance so badly grin grin
Maternal home indeed cheesy cheesy
Agbado soldier forming funky
Did you even read what wrote at all?
The present day Borgu Emirates was formed in 1954 after the kingdoms from former Borgu stood alone as independent kingdoms after the partitioning of Africa, they joined together as Borgu Emirate in 1954.
1954 is not recent, the title has been put into use since then.
Was it Tinubu that started using the title in 1954?
You think d present day Borgu Emirates didn't understand Hausa before the white men came?
U keep repeating what I have been saying and u are saying I don't know history?
LOL.
The fact that I know Roman history clearly tells u that I must have read alot of Nigerian and African history.
Jagaba is Hausa word, when u say "Jagaban" then u should add a place to it.
"Jagaban Borgu" is telling u that is Borgu title and that's what I am using, that's what I am telling u, it is sheer steewpidity to say "Jagaban Borgu" is not native to Borgu.
The word Borgu there tells u that it is native to Borgu.
Stop confusing urself.
It's draining repeating same thing to someone who is so èmpty but is so àshàmèd to see his emptîñess.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

Why will you read when it dey pepper you for eye.

The fact is glaring that you are selectively blind to those other cases because they hook you for throat.
You impress no one with your obvious infatuation with Nero and Mark Antony as if they are the only examples or the main point of argument.
Rest
Still didn't read.
Someone who says Awolowo built Nigeria's first telecommunications lines, I am still wondering when and where he built it.
Someone who writes Marc Anthony as "McAnthony".
Someone who is not aware that there was someone called Caesar Augustus and confusing him for Julius Caesar but he's is still bold enough to talk about Roman history.
The moment u skipped those questions that nailed u and ur èmpty àrgûmènts, that was when I stopped reading your replies.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 12:08am On Dec 24, 2023
JagabanB:

Still didn't read.
Someone who says Awolowo built Nigeria's first telecommunications lines, I am still wondering when and where he built it.
Someone who writes Marc Anthony as "McAnthony".
Someone who is not aware that there was someone called Caesar Augustus and confusing him for Julius Caesar but he's is still bold enough to talk about Roman history.
The moment u skipped those questions that nailed u and ur èmpty àrgûmènts, that was when I stopped reading your replies.
What are the questions you claim I skipped.
You're already showing your confused state of mind. I said MKO not Awolowo built the first telecom lines. You corrected and I accept. But does that invalidate the MKO vs Abacha analogy?

Writing Mark Antony as McAnthony was a mistake. I accept. I explained to you that I used his comparison with Nero to invalidate your claim that only intelligent people become rulers. The misspelled name does not invalidate that as well.
I did not confuse Julius Caesar with Augustus. What I said is that Mark Antony never contended with Julius Caesar and I stand by that. In the case of Augustus, Mark Antony chose to shy away from Rome as well because he never got along with roman politicians. However, it was you who introduced both Julius Caesar and his heir. I never did.
The fact is the two above are only two out of the many examples I've used to disprove your claim but you chose to dwell on the historicity of the two because you know you have nothing to counter the rest.
It's a signal that you're out of your depth where the rest are concerned so I'll leave you to your bliss
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2023
JagabanB:

Did you even read what wrote at all?
The present day Borgu Emirates was formed in 1954 after the kingdoms from former Borgu stood alone as independent kingdoms after the partitioning of Africa, they joined together as Borgu Emirate in 1954.
1954 is not recent, the title has been put into use since then.
Was it Tinubu that started using the title in 1954?
You think d present day Borgu Emirates didn't understand Hausa before the white men came?
U keep repeating what I have been saying and u are saying I don't know history?
LOL.
The fact that I know Roman history clearly tells u that I must have read alot of Nigerian and African history.
Jagaba is Hausa word, when u say "Jagaban" then u should add a place to it.
"Jagaban Borgu" is telling u that is Borgu title and that's what I am using, that's what I am telling u, it is sheer steewpidity to say "Jagaban Borgu" is not native to Borgu.
The word Borgu there tells u that it is native to Borgu.
Stop confusing urself.
It's draining repeating same thing to someone who is so èmpty but is so àshàmèd to see his emptîñess.
Keep quiet and stop disgracing yourself you incorrigible liar. Borgu Emirate is a recent Emirate among Emirates most especially given the fact it was started by the colonialists.
There is no such traditional title like Jagaban Borgu. I already challenged you to name those who bore the title before Tinubu which you cannot.
You're still making the same fundamental mistake. There was nothing like Borgu Emirate before the colonialists came. Borgu kingdom was ruled by a king while Borgu Emirate today is ruled by an emir. You're obviously ignorant of that fundamental difference. If not, you won't claim baruba people use Hausa titles. This absurd claim is like saying Yorubas have Hausa titles or igbo have Yoruba titles. It is known in Yorubaland for example that Islamic sounding titles such as baba adinni are not traditional titles but simply ceremonial. Such is the Jagaban title. It's ceremonial. It's not rooted in Borgu cultural or traditional history. You failed and exposed yourself as a liar who can claim a place he does not come from just to lie for adopting a moniker that's clear to see why he's adopted it.
Lol
Keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2023
Kukutente23:

Keep quiet and stop disgracing yourself you incorrigible liar. Borgu Emirate is a recent Emirate among Emirates most especially given the fact it was started by the colonialists.
There is no such traditional title like Jagaban Borgu. I already challenged you to name those who bore the title before Tinubu which you cannot.
You're still making the same fundamental mistake. There was nothing like Borgu Emirate before the colonialists came. Borgu kingdom was ruled by a king while Borgu Emirate today is ruled by an emir. You're obviously ignorant of that fundamental difference. If not, you won't claim baruba people use Hausa titles. This absurd claim is like saying Yorubas have Hausa titles or igbo have Yoruba titles. It is known in Yorubaland for example that Islamic sounding titles such as baba adinni are not traditional titles but simply ceremonial. Such is the Jagaban title. It's ceremonial. It's not rooted in Borgu cultural or traditional history. You failed and exposed yourself as a liar who can claim a place he does not come from just to lie for adopting a moniker that's clear to see why he's adopted it.
Lol
Keep fooling yourself
Since "Jagaban Borgu" is not native to Borgu, where's it native to?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
Kukutente23:

What are the questions you claim I skipped.
You're already showing your confused state of mind. I said MKO not Awolowo built the first telecom lines. You corrected and I accept. But does that invalidate the MKO vs Abacha analogy?

Writing Mark Antony as McAnthony was a mistake. I accept. I explained to you that I used his comparison with Nero to invalidate your claim that only intelligent people become rulers. The misspelled name does not invalidate that as well.
I did not confuse Julius Caesar with Augustus. What I said is that Mark Antony never contended with Julius Caesar and I stand by that. In the case of Augustus, Mark Antony chose to shy away from Rome as well because he never got along with roman politicians. However, it was you who introduced both Julius Caesar and his heir. I never did.
The fact is the two above are only two out of the many examples I've used to disprove your claim but you chose to dwell on the historicity of the two because you know you have nothing to counter the rest.
It's a signal that you're out of your depth where the rest are concerned so I'll leave you to your bliss
Still won't read ur sh*t and ur incoherencies.
Someone who writes Marc Anthony as McAnthony.
I still dón't believe I stoop so Iow to eñgàge u.
Someone who doesn't know that Nero and Marc Anthony are from different generations.
Someone who doesn't know that Caesar Augustus existed.
Someone who said MKO Abiola laid the first communication lines in Nigeria.
Nothing u have said so far is coherent, just looking for relevance.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by LegendHero(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
Blue3k:

I already told you I don't have Interest in being a politician clown. I told you I have interest in the subject and actions since it has effect on society. It's the same reason one should have an interest in the weather or crime. Politicians don't meet the definition you posted, but like a mumu, you argue blindly. They aren't the richest members of society or best educated or group in the society. The average politician doesn't hold a doctorate degree and doesn't on the forbes Forbes list. These guys aren't very impressive unless you believe voting yourself or stealing other people money is impressive. Even telling me they're powerful is questionable. Just look at how these clowns in the majority can't effect their collective will. They were too stupid to simply understand math. They're also easily bought with a cash via lobbying hence so maybe the business owners should be considered elite by this definition not the politician.

Let me join the argument.

I think the premises here is that “Can Nigeria Politicians be called “elite”?

The simple answer is “YES” no matter the yardstick you use to look at it.

Elites are usually people with disproportionate influence, power, or wealth in a targeted society.

Now ask yourself, if Nigeria is the society, do politicians qualify to be called elites? Answer is a resounding yes. Especially from house of rep upward.

They have power & influence. Those guys have access to the right networks which put them above ordinary people. They make decisions that can affect the lives of every damn person in this country, and most Nigerian politicians I know are extremely educated too.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 8:56am On Dec 28, 2023
JagabanB:

Still won't read ur sh*t and ur incoherencies.
Someone who writes Marc Anthony as McAnthony.
I still dón't believe I stoop so Iow to eñgàge u.
Someone who doesn't know that Nero and Marc Anthony are from different generations.
Someone who doesn't know that Caesar Augustus existed.
Someone who said MKO Abiola laid the first communication lines in Nigeria.
Nothing u have said so far is coherent, just looking for relevance.
grin grin grin
Keep crying
It's obvious to the sane mind what you're doing
Ire
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 8:59am On Dec 28, 2023
JagabanB:

Since "Jagaban Borgu" is not native to Borgu, where's it native to?
I won't read any nonsense from someone who thinks Jagaban is an ancient Borgu title
Someone who can lie and claim his maternal home is Borgu just to attach by force
Someone who thinks Borgu Emirate is same with Borgu kingdom
You can keep wallowing in your ignorance and self-deceit
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2023
LegendHero:

Let me join the argument.

I think the premises here is that “Can Nigeria Politicians be called “elite”?

The simple answer is “YES” no matter the yardstick you use to look at it.

Elites are usually people with disproportionate influence, power, or wealth in a targeted society.

Now ask yourself, if Nigeria is the society, do politicians qualify to be called elites? Answer is a resounding yes. Especially from house of rep upward.

They have power & influence. Those guys have access to the right networks which put them above ordinary people. They make decisions that can affect the lives of every damn person in this country, and most Nigerian politicians I know are extremely educated too.

Nobody is arguing whether our politicians are elites or not
The question is if being an elite means such a person is intelligent. The answer is a resounding No. It is very possible to have dumb elites like we have in Nigeria.
So claiming people win elections or acquire political power because they are smarter or more intelligent than others is crooked and daft fallacy that only sycophants are capable of
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by LegendHero(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Nobody is arguing whether our politicians are elites or not
The question is if being an elite means such a person is intelligent. The answer is a resounding No. It is very possible to have dumb elites like we have in Nigeria.
So claiming people win elections or acquire political power because they are smarter or more intelligent than others is crooked and daft fallacy that only sycophants are capable of

Intelligence and being elite are not synonymous. You have elite that can be dumb and you have those that can be intelligent especially in the field of politics.

One can claim a particular political elite is more intelligent than most of his peers as we saw in the case of Tinubu spearheading the take back of the rigged ACN states through the use of forensics at that early stage of judiciary capture.

But I’ve also seen a lot of dumb elites too who just get to power by luck and chance.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by jude79(m): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
JagabanB:

I am sure if we are on a TV program, where u have an audience u are talking to, u will be f00Iish enough to spew same tràsh u are spewing now.
It's easy to type.
It's very easy to be extremely intelligent in a faceless forum.
Intelligent men are never interested in businesses involving "dûmbest creatures they have ever seen".

I've been following your argument and I can't make out head or tail of it, in both definitions presented, the useless politicians didn't make the cut, so why exactly are you trying to transform anywhere Belle face politicians to what they are not (elites)
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
LegendHero:

Intelligence and being elite are not synonymous. You have elite that can be dumb and you have those that can be intelligent especially in the field of politics.

One can claim a particular political elite is more intelligent than most of his peers as we saw in the case of Tinubu spearheading the take back of the rigged ACN states through the use of forensics at that early stage of judiciary capture.

But I’ve also seen a lot of dumb elites too who just get to power by luck and chance.

cc: JagabanB the fucking zomboid
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by LegendHero(m): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
Kukutente23:

cc: JagabanB the fucking zomboid

I don’t think JagabanB is wrong about elite, but you both are arguing on both right and wrong premises.

Being dumb, does not imply that one can’t have power. A dumb man can still be an elite because they wield massive amount of power and that qualify them as an elite.

Some school of thought argue that elitism must encompass only intelligence, education, and merit instead of wealth/power. They believe those are the true elites.

Some also argue that elitism should be based on only power and wealth. If you align with this school of thought, the Nigeria politicians are elite.

Below is the screenshot of the definition JagabanB gave.

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Stupidanimal: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
Blue3k:
Nigerian politicians are probably the dumbest creatures. The actions of the Rivers state assembly men had no strategic value. 27 is greater than 4. More importantly, it's a veto proof majority. This means they could impose their collective agenda regardless of the governor's opinion.

Defecting is simply a symbolic gesture that accomplishes nothing that they couldn't do in their current party. If they did want to defect, it could wait until the next election. The only reason for the theatrical mass defection is to say APC controls one more houses of assembly.

You are quite intelligent and I have to honestly admit too that it was an unforced error. These politicians probably do not understand the significance of numbers especially in a democratic settings. I am going to ask you two quick questions.

Is defection punishable by the constitution or the new electoral act because I don't understand why their seats can be declared vacant because they defected? Please educate me because I am not privvy to this.

Also, if the speaker loyal to the governor was removed or whatever they call it before they defected, could the courts validly reinstate him? Can it be said that the Assembly satisfied quorum with just four members?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Blue3k(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
Stupidanimal:

You are quite intelligent and I have to honestly admit too that it was an unforced error. These politicians probably do not understand the significance of numbers especially in a democratic settings. I am going to ask you two quick questions.

Is defection punishable by the constitution or the new electoral act because I don't understand why their seats can be declared vacant because they defected? Please educate me because I am not privvy to this.

Also, if the speaker loyal to the governor was removed or whatever they call it before they defected, could the courts validly reinstate him? Can it be said that the Assembly satisfied quorum with just four members?

Thank you for the compliment it is appreciated. I'm no legal expert so take my opinion on the law with a grain of salt. From what I understand the Supreme Court already ruled on defection being illegal unless there's some sort of fracture in the party. A politician can't just cross carpet like a hit man or hooker. section 109 of the Constitution forbids the politicians from such behavior.

I don't know if the courts could reinstate the speaker under your scenario. I believe the satisfied quorum with four members. They declared their seats vacant then passed a bill. If they aren't law makers then quorum only requires 2-3 I would guess.

1999 constitution section 109

House of Assembly shall vacate his seat in the House if

(g) being a person whose election to the House of Assembly was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected:

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or

More: https://jurist.ng/constitution/sec-109

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Intervenes In Mali Political Crisis / Rumours Of Sacrifice, Agagu And Stella Oduah By Femi Fani Kayode / BOMBSHELL: “pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015″ – Dokubo Asari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.