Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? (4424 Views)

10th Assembly: Why North West Deserve Speakership - Ibrahim Suleiman Posted / Speaker Of Akwa Ibom State Assembly & Members Gain Access Into The Building / Many Opportunists In APC Now Will Defect If Buhari Is Defeated In 2019 -okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2023
Kukutente23:

cc: JagabanB the fucking zomboid
If u are tagging me to his statement, I am really amazed at the IeveI of ur steewpidity.
"Nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen..." That's a generalized statement which the comment u are tagging me to debunks, u should learn comprehension.
It helps.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t think JagabanB is wrong about elite, but you both are arguing on both right and wrong premises.

Being dumb, does not imply that one can’t have power. A dumb man can still be an elite because they wield massive amount of power and that qualify them as an elite.

Some school of thought argue that elitism must encompass only intelligence, education, and merit instead of wealth/power. They believe those are the true elites.

Some also argue that elitism should be based on only power and wealth. If you align with this school of thought, the Nigeria politicians are elite.

Below is the screenshot of the definition JagabanB gave.

"Nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen..." Is the statement I am countering, unIess u agree with him that all poIiticîàñs are dûmb especially in Nigeria, then u cañ't say I am arguing on the wrong premises, my arguments are plain to understand.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2023
jude79:

I've been following your argument and I can't make out head or tail of it, in both definitions presented, the useless politicians didn't make the cut, so why exactly are you trying to transform anywhere Belle face politicians to what they are not (elites)
When u want to understand a particular concept, don't take sides, u have taken sides about the politicians, I cañ't help u here.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Kukutente23:

I won't read any nonsense from someone who thinks Jagaban is an ancient Borgu title
Someone who can lie and claim his maternal home is Borgu just to attach by force
Someone who thinks Borgu Emirate is same with Borgu kingdom
You can keep wallowing in your ignorance and self-deceit
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Empty and aII ñoise, it's one Iine which u have read, u clearly have no answer.
I thought as much, I came directly with that question because u seem to typing paragraphs with that direction and I know u won't have an answer.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
Kukutente23:

grin grin grin
Keep crying
It's obvious to the sane mind what you're doing
Ire
IowIives always cling these kind of words.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 7:22am On Dec 30, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t think JagabanB is wrong about elite, but you both are arguing on both right and wrong premises.

Being dumb, does not imply that one can’t have power. A dumb man can still be an elite because they wield massive amount of power and that qualify them as an elite.

Some school of thought argue that elitism must encompass only intelligence, education, and merit instead of wealth/power. They believe those are the true elites.

Some also argue that elitism should be based on only power and wealth. If you align with this school of thought, the Nigeria politicians are elite.

Below is the screenshot of the definition JagabanB gave.

I've had this argument with him before and his argument is premised on the rhetoric that if politicians are dumb, they won't rule over the intelligent ones. In other words, political power is based on a pyramid of intelligence. The more intelligent you are, the more political power you acquire. That's been his stand and I'm aware he's making the stand based on his chosen career of hero worshipping. He's telling himself he worships those personalities because they are the best of the best.
Excusing Tinubu from the discussion for a moment, because he at least qualifies as an intelligent person, how do you fit a Yahaya Bello and his acquisition of power into that theory for example. What of former President Jonathan? He got to the highest office in the land and from his trajectory which started from vying for House of Assembly member, he hardly lifted a finger to push his cause. He was just usually a beneficiary of circumstances.
Back to Tinubu, (and I'll refer to my earlier comparison of Mark Antony and Nero) can Tinubu be said to be the most brilliant politician from the SW in our history? He got to the highest office through scheming, planning and intelligent moves but are you seriously going to place him above Awolowo in terms of brilliance and leadership? Awolowo was two classes above his peers that is, Ahmadu Bello and Azikiwe. His brilliance and vision still reverberates all around SW till this day. Yet he couldn't even hold his SW down nor beat those two who were not as smart or insightful as he was. Is Tinubu now a smarter man than Awolowo simply because Awolowo refused to play politics without principles all because of pursuit of power?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 7:24am On Dec 30, 2023
JagabanB:

IowIives always cling these kind of words.
I won't still read your incoherent gibberish
Go and clean your favorite politicians ass.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 7:26am On Dec 30, 2023
JagabanB:

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Empty and aII ñoise, it's one Iine which u have read, u clearly have no answer.
I thought as much, I came directly with that question because u seem to typing paragraphs with that direction and I know u won't have an answer.
You're still struggling to make sense. I won't waste my time reading jargons with neither head nor tail
Keep screaming grin grin
I'm sure you get the gist
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2023
JagabanB:

"Nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen..." Is the statement I am countering, unIess u agree with him that all poIiticîàñs are dûmb especially in Nigeria, then u cañ't say I am arguing on the wrong premises, my arguments are plain to understand.
He gave a premise for that statement which you can't counter but just rambling.
Explain how 25 members, who are aware of the Constitution and what it says about defection and the fact that a supreme Court judgement has affirmed that same provision just last year are not dumb to have defected. They held the ace while they remained in PDP and have lost that edge by that singular defection. Explain how that's not a dumb move you'll expect of simpletons. That's what Blue3k based his statement on.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by nabiz(m): 7:33am On Dec 30, 2023
JagabanB:

The average Nigerian is very intelligent, logical, sophisticated, enlightened when sitting behind the keyboard while others are dûmb.
Just like u think u are wiser than them now.
One thing I have noticed about dûmb people is that they are quick to call others dûmb, intelligent people doñ't talk so much about intelligence like intelligent wannabes.
If u are so smart, u should be beating at the polls not the other way round.
oga you are one of the dumbs. Instead of ranting why not make a sensible argument. The guy may be wrong but you ranting without proving otherwise makes u a dumb
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
nabiz:
oga you are one of the dumbs. Instead of ranting why not make a sensible argument. The guy may be wrong but you ranting without proving otherwise makes u a dumb
I should prove otherwise that people like Oshimole, Donald Duke, Nasir El-Rufai, Sullivan Chime, Soludo, Fashola, the late Akeredolu, Banky W, Desmond Elliot, Peter Odili, OBJ, Yar'adua, GEJ and a whole lots of others are the "dûmbèst creàtûrès u have ever seen"?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

He gave a premise for that statement which you can't counter but just rambling.
Explain how 25 members, who are aware of the Constitution and what it says about defection and the fact that a supreme Court judgement has affirmed that same provision just last year are not dumb to have defected. They held the ace while they remained in PDP and have lost that edge by that singular defection. Explain how that's not a dumb move you'll expect of simpletons. That's what Blue3k based his statement on.
He made a generalized statement which is my main aim of countering his post, if at this point u haven't realized that what I am countering is his statement that "Nigerian politicians are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen" then u really need to instaII a bràîñ, u dón't give a premise when making a generalized statement.
I have said repeatedly that I am not interested in what he said about Rivers rather it's that statement, u went on rambIñg for almost a week when what I have been saying is very simple and straight forward.
He may not be from Rivers but I am saying the people he tagged as the dûmbèst are ruIing him, I haven't replied in the premise u are talking about, I have always replied based on his generalized statement.
"All women are whórès" then u make an example, does it negate ur initial statement?
Learn!!!
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're still struggling to make sense. I won't waste my time reading jargons with neither head nor tail
Keep screaming grin grin
I'm sure you get the gist
Where's "Jagaban Borgu" native to?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

I've had this argument with him before and his argument is premised on the rhetoric that if politicians are dumb, they won't rule over the intelligent ones. In other words, political power is based on a pyramid of intelligence. The more intelligent you are, the more political power you acquire. That's been his stand and I'm aware he's making the stand based on his chosen career of hero worshipping. He's telling himself he worships those personalities because they are the best of the best.
Excusing Tinubu from the discussion for a moment, because he at least qualifies as an intelligent person, how do you fit a Yahaya Bello and his acquisition of power into that theory for example. What of former President Jonathan? He got to the highest office in the land and from his trajectory which started from vying for House of Assembly member, he hardly lifted a finger to push his cause. He was just usually a beneficiary of circumstances.
Back to Tinubu, (and I'll refer to my earlier comparison of Mark Antony and Nero) can Tinubu be said to be the most brilliant politician from the SW in our history? He got to the highest office through scheming, planning and intelligent moves but are you seriously going to place him above Awolowo in terms of brilliance and leadership? Awolowo was two classes above his peers that is, Ahmadu Bello and Azikiwe. His brilliance and vision still reverberates all around SW till this day. Yet he couldn't even hold his SW down nor beat those two who were not as smart or insightful as he was. Is Tinubu now a smarter man than Awolowo simply because Awolowo refused to play politics without principles all because of pursuit of power?
U are probably lost about my stance, intelligent people always stand out in the society, Plato stood out, Confucius stood, Albert Einstein, Shakespeare, Woke Soyinka, Chimamanda Adichi, Chinua Achebe are these folks politicians?
My point has been simple, if only u read it with a clean señsè.
"nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen" this statement factors in the likes of Awolowo, Soludo, Donald Duke, Fashola, the late Akeredolu, Peter Odili, Nasir El-Rufai, can u really tell urself that these men are people who someone who has no identity or stand in the society quaIifies to call them the dûmbèst creàtûrès he has ever seen?
U are attackîñg because of my moniker not because of anything else.
The talk is between the OP who made the post and the political class, I have indulged u so long on ur extra topical analyses, from here to Rome to within same political class.
If the poIiticaI class are so dûmb like the OP typed, why is not their equal or above them.
It must not necessarily be in politics since he said he is not interested in politics, how great is his chosen career?
If Wole Soyinka said this, we will struggle to argue.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by LegendHero(m): 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

Okay I get the drift of your argument. You have a point.

Awo is everything you call him. That man is the most brilliant of the list of politicians I’ve known through Nigeria history.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2023
JagabanB:

U are probably lost about my stance, intelligent people always stand out in the society, Plato stood out, Confucius stood, Albert Einstein, Shakespeare, Woke Soyinka, Chimamanda Adichi, Chinua Achebe are these folks politicians?
My point has been simple, if only u read it with a clean señsè.
"nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen" this statement factors in the likes of Awolowo, Soludo, Donald Duke, Fashola, the late Akeredolu, Peter Odili, Nasir El-Rufai, can u really tell urself that these men are people who someone who has no identity or stand in the society quaIifies to call them the dûmbèst creàtûrès he has ever seen?
U are attackîñg because of my moniker not because of anything else.
The talk is between the OP who made the post and the political class, I have indulged u so long on ur extra topical analyses, from here to Rome to within same political class.
If the poIiticaI class are so dûmb like the OP typed, why is not their equal or above them.
It must not necessarily be in politics since he said he is not interested in politics, how great is his chosen career?
If Wole Soyinka said this, we will struggle to argue.
You're trying to muddle up the discussion. Blue3k gave a premise for his claim about Nigerian politicians and it is based on the Rivers scenario. Even the average mind will agree the move by those guys is dumb.
You on the other hand based the premise of your claim on the fact that one can't be intelligent and be ruled by people who are below him in intelligence and that intelligence is a requirement in the acquisition of power.
So bringing in Awolowo when the Op's premise is on the 25 Rivers lawmakers is simply whataboutism to cover your dumb stand.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
JagabanB:

He made a generalized statement which is my main aim of countering his post, if at this point u haven't realized that what I am countering is his statement that "Nigerian politicians are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen" then u really need to instaII a bràîñ, u dón't give a premise when making a generalized statement.
I have said repeatedly that I am not interested in what he said about Rivers rather it's that statement, u went on rambIñg for almost a week when what I have been saying is very simple and straight forward.
He may not be from Rivers but I am saying the people he tagged as the dûmbèst are ruIing him, I haven't replied in the premise u are talking about, I have always replied based on his generalized statement.
"All women are whórès" then u make an example, does it negate ur initial statement?
Learn!!!
The best you can get is to say he shouldn't have generalized but his premise is very correct. You on the other hand are totally wrong. You're trying to paint your assertion as a tit for tat whereas you inadvertently claimed that only intelligent people get power. That's a dumb claim and I've made it very clear with my examples which you keep pooh-poohing over since it exposed how dumb your stand is
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
Kukutente23:

The best you can get is to say he shouldn't have generalized but his premise is very correct. You on the other hand are totally wrong. You're trying to paint your assertion as a tit for tat whereas you inadvertently claimed that only intelligent people get power. That's a dumb claim and I've made it very clear with my examples which you keep pooh-poohing over since it exposed how dumb your stand is
My examples are very right, dûmb poIiticîàñs never make it to the top in Nigerîà.
I have been saying it, if only u read to understand from the very beginning, u wóñ't be dragging what is not necessary with highly unnecessary comparisons.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're trying to muddle up the discussion. Blue3k gave a premise for his claim about Nigerian politicians and it is based on the Rivers scenario. Even the average mind will agree the move by those guys is dumb.
You on the other hand based the premise of your claim on the fact that one can't be intelligent and be ruled by people who are below him in intelligence and that intelligence is a requirement in the acquisition of power.
So bringing in Awolowo when the Op's premise is on the 25 Rivers lawmakers is simply whataboutism to cover your dumb stand.
"Nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen" is the statement I have been trying to correct, if he's so super intelligent that the politicians in Nigerîà today are the dûmbèst creàtûrès he has ever seen, he wóñ't be ruled by them.
He went ahead to say he is not interested in politics, present ur career and business to us let's see how ur intelligence that makes u believe Nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès u ever seen, he doesn't have one, just one of the unknown miIIions who thinks he knows alot simply because he's sitting behind a keyboard.
Somehow u believe 27 people who has succeeded in different endeavors are all wrong in making a particular move.
LOL.
U all dón't understand what goes on behind the scenes, u think they just woke up called each other and said "let's move".
U can't judge a man's move untiI u wear his shoes.
Nigeriàñs are very great when it comes to making analyses.
When u see a Nigeriàñ analyzing football u will think he's a very great footballer who will out play the greatest of players or he will be a great manager who will manage every game to victory, put them in the game and u see how èmpty they are, same as those who criticizè movies, they cañ't produce or direct or even act properly, it's same with those who criticizè Ioads of music.
U cañ't possibly sit in ur room and assume they are dûmb by making that move, that's what intelligence does.
Intelligence doesn't make u think others are so dûmb, it makes u think why they made that move.
My point is not even about the Rivers politics it's about the Iousy statement made the f00Iish Blue3k or whatever he's called.
I am sure he cañ't beat the likes of Fashola, El-Rufai, Ambode, Donald Duke, Peter Odili, Sullivan Chime, Zulum etc on a scale of inteIIigence, somehow, he's f00Iish enough to classify them as the "dûmbèst creàtûrès" he has ever seen.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 2:39am On Jan 01
JagabanB:

My examples are very right, dûmb poIiticîàñs never make it to the top in Nigerîà.
I have been saying it, if only u read to understand from the very beginning, u wóñ't be dragging what is not necessary with highly unnecessary comparisons.
Lol. You all called Jonathan clueless as President. We once had a Senate president who thought adding an "s" to his name changes his past.
A speaker if the HoR once presented forged University of Toronto certificate yet you claim dumb politicians never make it to the top.
You see why I said your assertion is wrong?
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 2:46am On Jan 01
JagabanB:

"Nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès I have ever seen" is the statement I have been trying to correct, if he's so super intelligent that the politicians in Nigerîà today are the dûmbèst creàtûrès he has ever seen, he wóñ't be ruled by them.
He went ahead to say he is not interested in politics, present ur career and business to us let's see how ur intelligence that makes u believe Nigeriàñ poIiticîàñs are the dûmbèst creàtûrès u ever seen, he doesn't have one, just one of the unknown miIIions who thinks he knows alot simply because he's sitting behind a keyboard.
Somehow u believe 27 people who has succeeded in different endeavors are all wrong in making a particular move.
LOL.
U all dón't understand what goes on behind the scenes, u think they just woke up called each other and said "let's move".
U can't judge a man's move untiI u wear his shoes.
Nigeriàñs are very great when it comes to making analyses.
When u see a Nigeriàñ analyzing football u will think he's a very great footballer who will out play the greatest of players or he will be a great manager who will manage every game to victory, put them in the game and u see how èmpty they are, same as those who criticizè movies, they cañ't produce or direct or even act properly, it's same with those who criticizè Ioads of music.
U cañ't possibly sit in ur room and assume they are dûmb by making that move, that's what intelligence does.
Intelligence doesn't make u think others are so dûmb, it makes u think why they made that move.
My point is not even about the Rivers politics it's about the Iousy statement made the f00Iish Blue3k or whatever he's called.
I am sure he cañ't beat the likes of Fashola, El-Rufai, Ambode, Donald Duke, Peter Odili, Sullivan Chime, Zulum etc on a scale of inteIIigence, somehow, he's f00Iish enough to classify them as the "dûmbèst creàtûrès" he has ever seen.
You're just rambling. It's very obvious to even a kid that those guys defected because they hoped that will get the president on their side since they are defecting to his party.
It has worked as the President has issued "directives" to the governor to recognize them and even re-present the budget to them.
However, it's a dumb move because the underlying fact still shows that regardless of the president's stance, those lawmakers have lost their seats. That's what the Constitution says and the president is not above the Constitution. He is a creation of the Constitution as well so everything or anything he does or orders outside of the Constitution amounts to an illegality. That's the premise upon which they are dumb.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 12:18pm On Jan 01
Kukutente23:

Lol. You all called Jonathan clueless as President. We once had a Senate president who thought adding an "s" to his name changes his past.
A speaker if the HoR once presented forged University of Toronto certificate yet you claim dumb politicians never make it to the top.
You see why I said your assertion is wrong?
I personaIIy call GEJ cIueIess in handIing affairs.
If u are thrown into an engineering field to design a heat exchanger to meet certain operational conditions, u won't be able to do it, u are cIuesIess in that aspect, does it make u the "dûmbèst creàtûrè"?
I guess u know the answer to that.
Dûmb poIiticîàñs never make it to the top, I am telling u that because of how well I know politicians, meanwhile u are taIking from the standpoint of paîñs as a citizen who is at the receiving end of their seIfishnèss.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 12:21pm On Jan 01
Kukutente23:

You're just rambling. It's very obvious to even a kid that those guys defected because they hoped that will get the president on their side since they are defecting to his party.
It has worked as the President has issued "directives" to the governor to recognize them and even re-present the budget to them.
However, it's a dumb move because the underlying fact still shows that regardless of the president's stance, those lawmakers have lost their seats. That's what the Constitution says and the president is not above the Constitution. He is a creation of the Constitution as well so everything or anything he does or orders outside of the Constitution amounts to an illegality. That's the premise upon which they are dumb.
So are they still with their seats or they have been ejected?
Can u tell me now?
LOL.
U foIks are so funny and too èmótîonaI in this country, do u have the slightest clue on what is going on behind the scenes?
PoIitics is a game, putting ur opponent at a disadvantage is a big card to play, that defection was to put Fubara in hot waters, they were not playing the long game, at the end of the day they are winning and u are here caIIing them dûmb whereas if they remove that poIiticaI Iife from them, u stiII wóñ't match them in ur Iife endeavors.
Think more than u talk, too much is why Obi Iost out.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 2:32pm On Jan 01
JagabanB:

I personaIIy call GEJ cIueIess in handIing affairs.
If u are thrown into an engineering field to design a heat exchanger to meet certain operational conditions, u won't be able to do it, u are cIuesIess in that aspect, does it make u the "dûmbèst creàtûrè"?
I guess u know the answer to that.
Dûmb poIiticîàñs never make it to the top, I am telling u that because of how well I know politicians, meanwhile u are taIking from the standpoint of paîñs as a citizen who is at the receiving end of their seIfishnèss.
Your illustration is meaningless. You're be that example implying that there's a professional training to qualify as a politician which Jonathan does not have which is why he's clueless. I'm beginning to understand why you think politicians are intelligent and you their servants are dumb now. So Tinubu got his professional qualification as a politician from where?
Dumb politicians make it to the top a lot of times. Wike has shown how dumb he is a couple of times. He may be rugged but there's nothing smart or intelligent in his brand of politics. I've given you sundry examples as well. A federal house speaker who already had the minimum qualification required by law but went ahead to forge a needless certificate so he can look good is super dumb. No cap
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 8:39pm On Jan 01
JagabanB:

So are they still with their seats or they have been ejected?
Can u tell me now?
LOL.
U foIks are so funny and too èmótîonaI in this country, do u have the slightest clue on what is going on behind the scenes?
PoIitics is a game, putting ur opponent at a disadvantage is a big card to play, that defection was to put Fubara in hot waters, they were not playing the long game, at the end of the day they are winning and u are here caIIing them dûmb whereas if they remove that poIiticaI Iife from them, u stiII wóñ't match them in ur Iife endeavors.
Think more than u talk, too much is why Obi Iost out.
As far as the law is concerned they have been rejected. It's obvious you're not following the news neither are you conversant with the matter. Ehie has written to INEC to replace them with new members via elections.
Besides that, it is the position of the law which has been decided by SC that they are no longer lawmakers.
The problem of hero worshippers like you is your warped reasoning. Tinubu is who he is today because of the dictates if the Constitution. You his followers can't do shit on his behalf. He relies on state apparatus provided by the Constitution to exercise power over the country.
Your talk about emotions applies more to you than me. In the eyes of the Constitution devoid of any sentiments, those guys are no longer lawmakers. Whatever is going on behind the scene cannot supersede the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
This is why I don't rate a lot of you political urchins. There's no logic you can't turn on its head just to suit your Masters.
After claiming people gain political power because they are intelligent, you just committed another faux pas by claiming defected lawmakers still remain lawmakers devoid of emotions. What logic supports that claim? None. Just sentiment that Tinubu said so. Darn!!
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 6:11pm On Jan 02
Kukutente23:

As far as the law is concerned they have been rejected. It's obvious you're not following the news neither are you conversant with the matter. Ehie has written to INEC to replace them with new members via elections.
Besides that, it is the position of the law which has been decided by SC that they are no longer lawmakers.
The problem of hero worshippers like you is your warped reasoning. Tinubu is who he is today because of the dictates if the Constitution. You his followers can't do shit on his behalf. He relies on state apparatus provided by the Constitution to exercise power over the country.
Your talk about emotions applies more to you than me. In the eyes of the Constitution devoid of any sentiments, those guys are no longer lawmakers. Whatever is going on behind the scene cannot supersede the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
This is why I don't rate a lot of you political urchins. There's no logic you can't turn on its head just to suit your Masters.
After claiming people gain political power because they are intelligent, you just committed another faux pas by claiming defected lawmakers still remain lawmakers devoid of emotions. What logic supports that claim? None. Just sentiment that Tinubu said so. Darn!!
I have told u repeatedly that I am not interested in Rivers politics, I am not replying this post because of Rivers politics but rather the generalized statement made by the poster.
I dón't even follow the news.
The law is not what Iaymen interprets it to be.
If it is what laymen interprets it to be, Ahmed Lawal wóñ't be in the Senate today because what he did is a vióIatîón of the Iaw.
I don't even want to go into that aspect with u because extra topical jargons are what u have been typing to keep urseIf in this argument for almost 2 weeks now.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 6:17pm On Jan 02
Kukutente23:

Your illustration is meaningless. You're be that example implying that there's a professional training to qualify as a politician which Jonathan does not have which is why he's clueless. I'm beginning to understand why you think politicians are intelligent and you their servants are dumb now. So Tinubu got his professional qualification as a politician from where?
Dumb politicians make it to the top a lot of times. Wike has shown how dumb he is a couple of times. He may be rugged but there's nothing smart or intelligent in his brand of politics. I've given you sundry examples as well. A federal house speaker who already had the minimum qualification required by law but went ahead to forge a needless certificate so he can look good is super dumb. No cap
I gave u one example, aside politics, in their career, can u measure up to them?
Someone can be rûthIess, wîckèd or grèèdy, it doesn't mean they are dûmb like the poster is suggesting talk more of being the dûmbèst creàtûrès.
Being the head means u must have acquired certain training through mentorship on how decisions are made, that's the qualification u need.
So the example is very very vaIid.
GEJ was very cIueIess in governance, I can't teII u he is dûmb, because he's obviously not dûmb, if u are more intelligent than him, u should be standing taII in the society like WoIe Soyinka, like a SAN, an accomplished engineer, architect, business moguI, a renowned doctor etc.
But u are non.
Yet u say people who have succeeded in different fields like this before poIitics are dûmb.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 9:38pm On Jan 03
JagabanB:

I gave u one example, aside politics, in their career, can u measure up to them?
Someone can be rûthIess, wîckèd or grèèdy, it doesn't mean they are dûmb like the poster is suggesting talk more of being the dûmbèst creàtûrès.
Being the head means u must have acquired certain training through mentorship on how decisions are made, that's the qualification u need.
So the example is very very vaIid.
GEJ was very cIueIess in governance, I can't teII u he is dûmb, because he's obviously not dûmb, if u are more intelligent than him, u should be standing taII in the society like WoIe Soyinka, like a SAN, an accomplished engineer, architect, business moguI, a renowned doctor etc.
But u are non.
Yet u say people who have succeeded in different fields like this before poIitics are dûmb.
Lol. Blue3k com and see something.
I'm beginning to see you as a self-defeatist dude who suffers from a serious case of inferiority complex.

May I ask what exactly is the pedigree of those RSHA guys outside politics that makes me not able to measure up to them? Ehie just got his PhD from RSUST. Amaewhule does not have either. Outside politics, no one knows them.

Even Jonathan that you are referring to graduated with a second class upper in zoology and studied up to PhD while a lecturer at UniPort. Is that the pedigree you think I can't measure up to outside politics? What is Wike's achievement outside politics that's he's been at since 1999?

I'm not going to brag about myself but I can assure you my CV is far more intimidating than for just someone with PhD to think he's Superior to me. One of my subordinates at work is a PhD student presently. Most of those guys in RSHA were picked by Wike for their subservience to him not pedigree in their chosen field so quit the hype. You can tell me their success in their chosen field.

It's also obvious you're ignorant of the makeup of our politics. A career staff like me who is working outside his state of origin can't get into politics in my state of residence because political posts are indigene based in Nigeria.

I have my school mates who have held political posts, one of which is Obanikoro's son who was in HoR. Are you now saying I can't measure up to him since he's made HoR and I'm yet to? Banky W has been chasing that same seat like forever. I'm sure to you he's not as successful as those who have won the seat.
You need to quit this your self-defeatism. Don't project yourself on me.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Kukutente23: 9:43pm On Jan 03
JagabanB:

I have told u repeatedly that I am not interested in Rivers politics, I am not replying this post because of Rivers politics but rather the generalized statement made by the poster.
I dón't even follow the news.
The law is not what Iaymen interprets it to be.
If it is what laymen interprets it to be, Ahmed Lawal wóñ't be in the Senate today because what he did is a vióIatîón of the Iaw.
I don't even want to go into that aspect with u because extra topical jargons are what u have been typing to keep urseIf in this argument for almost 2 weeks now.

Funny enough, at the end of the day, Bulkachuwa let the cat out of the bag for Lawan's case. It should also interest you they the SC did not rule in the substance if the matter but on the technicality of writ of summons vs originating summons.
You're not wise enough to know that the case if defection has been settled by supreme Court already which means it can't be relitigated.
Go and get a proper understanding of how law works.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by Newton2024: 10:20pm On Jan 03
Blue3k:
Nigerian politicians are probably the dumbest creatures. The actions of the Rivers state assembly men had no strategic value. 27 is greater than 4. More importantly, it's a veto proof majority. This means they could impose their collective agenda regardless of the governor's opinion.

Defecting is simply a symbolic gesture that accomplishes nothing that they couldn't do in their current party. If they did want to defect, it could wait until the next election. The only reason for the theatrical mass defection is to say APC controls one more houses of assembly.
They believe they can get everything they want by doing eye service to Tinubu. To them, the president is bigger than the constitution. They also underestimate the power of a state governor in Nigeria.

Unknownly to them, Tinubu would secretly like to checkmate Wike ahead of 2027.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 11:44am On Jan 10
Kukutente23:

Funny enough, at the end of the day, Bulkachuwa let the cat out of the bag for Lawan's case. It should also interest you they the SC did not rule in the substance if the matter but on the technicality of writ of summons vs originating summons.
You're not wise enough to know that the case if defection has been settled by supreme Court already which means it can't be relitigated.
Go and get a proper understanding of how law works.
It's a good thing it didn't follow ur Iayman interpretation of the Iaw, u simply made the work easy for me.
Iaymen like u all interpreted the Iaw that Lawal should be out, today u are defending why he's not out, in few months time, u will defend why the Rivers law makers are not out because u want to make another Iame argument.
If u have a proper understanding of how the Iaw works, u wóñ't have been singing that the Rivers Iaw makers are no longer Iaw makers as u were singing few weeks ago.
Ur last paragraph is an advice u should give yourself.
Re: RIVERS state assembly: Why defect if you have a veto proof majority? by JagabanB: 11:46am On Jan 10
Kukutente23:

Lol. Blue3k com and see something.
I'm beginning to see you as a self-defeatist dude who suffers from a serious case of inferiority complex.

May I ask what exactly is the pedigree of those RSHA guys outside politics that makes me not able to measure up to them? Ehie just got his PhD from RSUST. Amaewhule does not have either. Outside politics, no one knows them.

Even Jonathan that you are referring to graduated with a second class upper in zoology and studied up to PhD while a lecturer at UniPort. Is that the pedigree you think I can't measure up to outside politics? What is Wike's achievement outside politics that's he's been at since 1999?

I'm not going to brag about myself but I can assure you my CV is far more intimidating than for just someone with PhD to think he's Superior to me. One of my subordinates at work is a PhD student presently. Most of those guys in RSHA were picked by Wike for their subservience to him not pedigree in their chosen field so quit the hype. You can tell me their success in their chosen field.

It's also obvious you're ignorant of the makeup of our politics. A career staff like me who is working outside his state of origin can't get into politics in my state of residence because political posts are indigene based in Nigeria.

I have my school mates who have held political posts, one of which is Obanikoro's son who was in HoR. Are you now saying I can't measure up to him since he's made HoR and I'm yet to? Banky W has been chasing that same seat like forever. I'm sure to you he's not as successful as those who have won the seat.
You need to quit this your self-defeatism. Don't project yourself on me.
Didn't read after ur first paragraph, u obviously Iack the depth to stay on the topic because u dón't have anything to say, the reason u have stayed long in the replies is because I indulged ur extra topical jargons, if I had knocked u back from ur very first reply u wouldn't have had anything to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southern Sudan Seeks Nigeria’s Support / Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves / Youwin.org.ng A fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.