Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard (47553 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses Can Now Donate And Receive Blood Transfusion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by constance500: 12:50am On Dec 17, 2023
Passionnn:
Stop broadcasting falsehood.
I know a number of witnesses, even elders who give talks at assemblies who grow beards, even goatees. Stop the hate broadcast

It's true bro

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Notatribalist(m): 7:39am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:
So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

Source :https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2023-Governing-Body-Update-8/
What exactly do you intend to achieve with this post? I was born in that organization,but for some reasons I left. But truth is,they practice the best form of Christianity. Jehovah witness is the only organization/church I've seen that preaches from the Bible. They don't take offering like other churches. Their teachers are centered on how to worship God. No prosperity preaching. As much as I would like to admit that they are not perfect,but they are far ahead of others. Take it on leave it

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Notatribalist(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2023
Courz:

The Governing body will never apologise for their mistakes. JW leaders are Narcissists. Owning up to their errors is not in their dictionary because it destroys their credibility.They still want to be viewed as God's spokesmen even though one of them admitted in Court that they are not the only spokesmen for God.

This rule they just abolished is a sign of something bad happening in the background unknown to JWs but known to ExJWs.They are desperate.They are facing problems they are hiding from JWs. They are also losing lots of Members selling Kingdom halls, Assembly halls and Bethel branches. They desperately need to retain members.

How your mouth they do you when telling lies? So which assembly ground have they sold? And which kingdom Hall? How many have you bought from them Mr liar?

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:37am On Dec 17, 2023
Time changes yesterday ....very soon, they go begin celebrate birthdays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtBozdWe3c

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by AbuTwins: 8:38am On Dec 17, 2023
They need to become Muslims fully!

Even Jesus get beard in all acts of the films!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by femi4: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T5ix4smik?si=qIQeaoqFi3Nib844

So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

Source :https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2023-Governing-Body-Update-8/
Is anything wrong with beard in the first place

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Natbrowny: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2023
I THOUGHT ITS BEAD.

I WAS HAPPY AT FIRST. NOW I'M LEAVIN THIS PAGE. 😂

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by VaginaAcademic: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2023
Psycho freaks thank God I left that mind altering organization thats full of hypocrites and pretenders

12 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Mosba: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2023
Did Lord Jesus visit earth recently to give new directive to christians all over the world?

I believe ordinary men have no such right and power. Or do they?

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MightySparrow: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Its obvious you've made up your mind so keep that and enjoy your weekend! smiley

In the future, latest lights will allow wearing of dreadlocks also . Flip - flop doctrines of GB cult.

Futuristic JWs in pictures below.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by excanny: 8:43am On Dec 17, 2023
Very confused cult.

We've been telling them all along that nothing wrong with beards.

Foolish old men.

Next update will be to cancel their foolish policy on blood transfusion. Just watch.

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Efna55: 8:44am On Dec 17, 2023
It was never a law that JW can't keep beard, stop the hate..

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by olisaEze(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2023
The OP's reporting appears biased to have described them as a cult, when every religion including Christianity & islam is a cult. No matter how misguided you believe their doctrines to be, at least they have always respected the sanctity of human life. History has no records of them running an evangelism with knives & bombs or coveting neighboring lands in a holy war. It's rare to even hear news of a JW involved in any sort of violent crime, while some who believe they're better will swear with their hands on the Bible or Koran, before proceeding with blatant lies in front of God & man! However they choose to look is their prerogative as long as it doesn't offend the sensibilities. Their contributions to a more peaceful society is what's most important, doctrines aside.

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by excanny: 8:45am On Dec 17, 2023
MightySparrow:

In the future, latest lights will allow wearing of dreadlocks also . Flip - flop doctrines of GB cult.

Futuristic JWs in pictures below.

Exactly. Dreads too.

But the painful part, they will never apologize for all the pains their foolish flip flop policies have caused.

So many deaths from refusing blood, because of foolish interpretation of the Bible.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by YourKarma: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley

I like your write-up but why must Khalid be from Iran? Why can't Khalid be from USA or Japan or even Nigeria?

Justice for Khalid!

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by EmperorCaesar(m): 8:46am On Dec 17, 2023
Courz:

The Governing body will never apologise for their mistakes. JW leaders are Narcissists. Owning up to their errors is not in their dictionary because it destroys their credibility.They still want to be viewed as God's spokesmen even though one of them admitted in Court that they are not the only spokesmen for God.

This rule they just abolished is a sign of something bad happening in the background unknown to JWs but known to ExJWs.They are desperate.They are facing problems they are hiding from JWs. They are also losing lots of Members selling Kingdom halls, Assembly halls and Bethel branches. They desperately need to retain members.

Are u an ExJw?

U seem to know a lot about them

I know they are all u described but then, their bible based teachings is topnotch

The only sect that can debate with atheists and scientists using science references and logic

No be those wey u ask ask for the proof of creation and dem go open bible like say na everybody be Xtians

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by izubext007: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2023
The devil 😈 has finally penetrated Into their lives.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Goalnaldo(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2023
Seeing this post I now went back in retrospect to all the JW guys I know and truly they don't keep bears

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by DrAda(f): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2023
This is hilarious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by excanny: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2023
Efna55:
It was never a law that JW can't keep beard, stop the hate..

It wasnt open, but a silent law. I'm an ex JW. The elders will chase and harras you if you dare grow a beard, even when there's nothing bad in it.

Foolish cult. Thank God I escaped.

10 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by EngrKemp: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2023
Very son the will announce Jesus Christ is Lord and out personal savior

They will announce that they believe in heaven and hell..

The will announce they believe in dreams

They will finally announce that they can vote and be voted for .

Delusional sact of wicked beings

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by VaginaAcademic: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2023
They need to apologize to members who lost loved ones for rejecting safe blood transfusion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Rajman45(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2023
Notatribalist:

What exactly do you intend to achieve with this post? I was born in that organization,but for some reasons I left. But truth is,they practice the best form of Christianity. Jehovah witness is the only organization/church I've seen that preaches from the Bible. They don't take offering like other churches. Their teachers are centered on how to worship God. No prosperity preaching. As much as I would like to admit that they are not perfect,but they are far ahead of others. Take it on leave it
Bros.....it seems ur very confused. If JW practice the best form of Christianity, why did u leave or are u now a juju worshiper

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by freshboi88: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2023
Janosky:

Emusan,did your Churchpreneurs and gods of men dish out 'new doctrines to you in the screenshot?

JWs matter dey give FAITHLESS miscreants joy & morning erections.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

U be mumu, see as una dey change mouth up and down.....u and MaxinDHouse, una no get 🧠

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by happney65: 8:52am On Dec 17, 2023
One of them came to preach to me weeks back with her teenage daughter.

Na her yansh I just dey look till she left me alone cos she couldn't comprehend what I was throwing at her. grin

I sure deep down in her heart she go dey think say this one is destined for hell.

Too bad she looked married so I couldn't bother asking for her number. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Falseprofet2: 8:52am On Dec 17, 2023
Lots of religious groups are cults
Christ embassy everyone trying to fry their hair like chris
Deeper life banned tv for members

Adults willingly submitting their brains to other adults like them to tell them what to wear, eat, dress is a mystery to me

8 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by ColonelMichael: 8:52am On Dec 17, 2023
Notatribalist:

Just say you are a destitute period, all your tantrums are offering, prosperity, etc
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by ColonelMichael: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2023
AbuTwins:
They need to become Muslims fully!

Even Jesus get beard in all acts of the films!

The one their prophet mohammed bleeped his daughter in law or was a randy paedophile?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Rajman45(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2023
Na so Deeper life church stop members from watching television for decades, before Dem eyes clear. I used to pity my friends back den.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by dapotemi: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Are u an ExJw?

U seem to know a lot about them
Alot!!! Not really! He knew very little, then mix it up with some concocted lies, ignorant and peppery spice....more like an apostate! Flee!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Demayour: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
Some Christian doctrines will truly be the end of Christianity, Lord help us.

Because they are doctrines of men and not of God. However, Christianity has survived far worse doctrines and persecutions and I don't think anything can erase the church of Christ till the rapture takes place.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children / Emma Ifeanyi: "Arthur Eze Will Die, A Governor In Nigeria Will Go Mad" / I Didn’t Promise Stephanie Otobo Marriage – Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.