Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,876 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard (47507 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses Can Now Donate And Receive Blood Transfusion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Spirit247: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
Some Christian doctrines will truly be the end of Christianity, Lord help us.
It is very easy to become very passionately angry when one witnesses how someone or people from another tribe are dragging, shaming, defaming or trying to trample upon your own tribe. This is what Scripture says about Tribalism:
https://www.nairaland.com/7943407/all-yorubas-igbos-hausa-fulanis-must#127522978

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by doggedfighter(f): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2023
Notatribalist:

What exactly do you intend to achieve with this post? I was born in that organization,but for some reasons I left. But truth is,they practice the best form of Christianity. Jehovah witness is the only organization/church I've seen that preaches from the Bible. They don't take offering like other churches. Their teachers are centered on how to worship God. No prosperity preaching. As much as I would like to admit that they are not perfect,but they are far ahead of others. Take it on leave it
They are the best yet you left. grin

Funny !

8 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Fujiyama: 8:59am On Dec 17, 2023
Natbrowny:
I THOUGHT ITS BEAD.

I WAS HAPPY AT FIRST. NOW I'M LEAVIN THIS PAGE. 😂

^^^
grin

There is problem in this country.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by BrighterSyde: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley

In other words the rules of the Arab world where it is safer for a man to wear beards supersede your god-given rule that it is a sin to wear beards? Why you would want to accept sin in Arab world and break an instruction from above just so your brothers can live in peace?

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by bluefilm: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2023
Religion is created by man, for man!

Nothing about God at all in religion!

Know this and know peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by excanny: 9:05am On Dec 17, 2023
AbuTwins:
They need to become Muslims fully!

Even Jesus get beard in all acts of the films!

You that your prophet was a bandit and robbing his Quraish kinsmen and Jews for a living.

Most of you don't really the origins of Islam very well, you would be so ashamed to say you are a Muslim sef.

Go read Al-Sirah Al-Nabawiyyah(The Life of Prophet Muhammad) both by Ibn Ishaq and Ibn Hashim.

Read both books and you will stop being a Muslim

Watch your prophet first successful robbery as a professional bandit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs7NhJooa1g?si=6whEwgeAOnIpZpWM

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by AbuTwins: 9:05am On Dec 17, 2023
ColonelMichael:

The one their prophet mohammed bleeped his daughter in law or was a randy paedophile?

No the one God send his son to be murdered to death by hanging while John the Baptist was used as a birthday gift!

God even got 32 virgins war booty in Numbers 31:40.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by ColonelMichael: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2023
AbuTwins:

No the one God send his son to be murdered to death by hanging while John the Baptist was used as a birthday gift!
A prophet that pigs exhumed his dead body, damn!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by AbuTwins: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2023
excanny:

You that your prophet was a bandit and robbing his Quraish kinsmen and Jews for a living.

Most of you don't really the origins of Islam very well, you would be so ashamed to say you are a Muslim sef.

Go read Al-Sirah Al-Nabawiyyah(The Life of Prophet Muhammad) both by Ibn Ishaq and Ibn Hashim.

Read both books and you will stop being a Muslim

I should go and read a story book? Is your life based on a story book?

And I should believe God send his son to be murdered to death by hanging while John the Baptist was used as a birthday gift!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by geoworldedu: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2023
Afamsi:
They are not Jehovah Witnesses, they are devils witnesses. Flee from them if you ever want to make heaven. People that do not believe in Trinity and are making God a liar
Jehovah and Devil, what's the difference? grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by AbuTwins: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2023
ColonelMichael:

A prophet that pigs exhumed his dead body, damn!

At least our God no dey die for three days!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by enemyofprogress: 9:10am On Dec 17, 2023
Rubbish
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Notatribalist(m): 9:11am On Dec 17, 2023
Rajman45:

Bros.....it seems ur very confused. If JW practice the best form of Christianity, why did u leave or are u now a juju worshiper
I said I left,I didn't say I've started attending other church. I don't go to any church, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Notatribalist(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2023
doggedfighter:

They are the best yet you left. grin

Funny !
If I didn't leave,how would I have known the are the best?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by StUriah(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2023
My wife was JW. Her congregants were uncomfortable that she got married to me. It's like I used jazz on her. Even at her work place, all of them were comfounded. Her mother specifically begged me to convert her to pentecostal because she herself was a diehard celestial church member.

After a month of our wedding, the JW members started visiting our house to convert me to their member, a situation I found very discomforting. I asked them if they attended my wedding but they couldn't give me any reasonable answer so, I asked them to stop visiting my house because I can never be interested in their jargons of a gospel.

Now, me and my are both pentecostal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Creamypie(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2023
Notatribalist:

What exactly do you intend to achieve with this post? I was born in that organization,but for some reasons I left. But truth is,they practice the best form of Christianity. Jehovah witness is the only organization/church I've seen that preaches from the Bible. They don't take offering like other churches. Their teachers are centered on how to worship God. No prosperity preaching. As much as I would like to admit that they are not perfect,but they are far ahead of others. Take it on leave it
brother, pls reconsider your steps and come back 2 the organization. Those of us who weren't born as witnesses find if impossible 2 believe that those born as witnesses will leave

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Kemistri3(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2023
What lies are these?

Jehovah's Witnesses has never disfellowshipped anyone for keeping beards

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by godwinstringed1(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

Stop lying to yourself bro. Jws don't grow beards because of jw policy on dressing since late 50's. Beards are worn by rebels and people who doesn't serve jehovah and it makes someone looks dirty... This has always been the stance of GB.
You allow your beards to grow or trim it and come to meetings, elder's will ask you wait after the meeting.
They will ask you questions llke.. Are you sure you're one of us? You look so unkept? Many embarrassing questions.... No one is looking up to any bethelite.
I personally don't know anyone who's a bethelite as a jw

grin Africans aren't yet ready

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by excanny: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2023
AbuTwins:

I should go and read a story book? Is your life based on a story book?

And I should believe God send his son to be murdered to death by hanging while John the Baptist was used as a birthday gift!

What stories? Everything they said has references and quotations from your Quran, except you admit that Quran itself is a book of fables and stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs7NhJooa1g?si=8dQhRu40O7U6xrbd

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by civilserva: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2023
Op you are not a Christian and you do not believe in the Bible, so what is your interest in Christian groups?.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by alfredilly: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T5ix4smik?si=qIQeaoqFi3Nib844

So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

Source :https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2023-Governing-Body-Update-8/

The beard sensitive doctrine isn't restricted to the Jehovah witness alone. Pentecostal and other churches that uphold moral standard also adopt it. Although many do not maintain outright discrimination of beard ,they preach moderation in wearing it and even advise against it completely

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by LZAA: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
The ig*bo puffing hippie who created this cult would be surprised how far his creation has spread grin
Smh grin

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2023
Passionnn:
Stop broadcasting falsehood.
I know a number of witnesses, even elders who give talks at assemblies who grow beards, even goatees. Stop the hate broadcast
Lier. Even the so called circuit overseer then criticize it's members for wearing beards.
It all started when J.F Rutherford who was beardless banned JW from looking like Charles Taze Russell who was the founder, which was then Known as Bible students. It was when J.F Rutherford renamed it JW that he banned them from wearing beards

Look at you, you are never told the truth. Because information is coming from one body.The reason they are "Now" letting members who wants to keep beards is because their is no scriptural backing to stop Christains from putting on beards.

The isrealites were told after captivity from Egypt,one of Gods command for them was to keep beards and abstain from eating animal blood.
🚨It should never have been banned, just keep it low and clean.

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by AbuTwins: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2023
excanny:

What stories? Everything they said has references and quotations from your Quran, except you admit that Quran itself is a book of fables and stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs7NhJooa1g?si=8dQhRu40O7U6xrbd

Send me the references not one random video by an islamophobic dingbat!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by israelmao(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2023
You're not saved with or without beards.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by phorget(m): 9:26am On Dec 17, 2023
Lol...

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Cdoki: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2023
Afamsi:
They are not Jehovah Witnesses, they are devils witnesses. Flee from them if you ever want to make heaven. People that do not believe in Trinity and are making God a liar

I am a born again Christian, I don't believe in Trinity, that hairacy, so don't be deceived too

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by correctguy101(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2023
Passionnn:
Stop broadcasting falsehood.
I know a number of witnesses, even elders who give talks at assemblies who grow beards, even goatees. Stop the hate broadcast

Exactly...

As like back in AJ, there's this man who was said to be an elder in JW. He had moustache like Steve Harvey's.

And I've seen some younger guys spotting goatees.

The majority just like clean shave like this daddy. Even if na beards go make me go heaven, I no go do am.. angry

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by brownish0: 9:29am On Dec 17, 2023
stop misleading people, having beards has never been againt their doctrine...

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by bluecircle470: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2023
Afamsi:

You know nothing about trinity my friend.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by dettolgel: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2023
Notatribalist:

If I didn't leave,how would I have known the are the best?

If you didn't attend other churches yet how did you come to the conclusion thay jw is the best?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Eyinju112(f): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2023
Courz:

The Governing body will never apologise for their mistakes. JW leaders are Narcissists. Owning up to their errors is not in their dictionary because it destroys their credibility.They still want to be viewed as God's spokesmen even though one of them admitted in Court that they are not the only spokesmen for God.

This rule they just abolished is a sign of something bad happening in the background unknown to JWs but known to ExJWs.They are desperate.They are facing problems they are hiding from JWs. They are also losing lots of Members selling Kingdom halls, Assembly halls and Bethel branches. They desperately need to retain members.

Stop broadcasting nonsense here, I am a jw and we don't sell kingdom halls, assembly halls. Check out histories, we've never sold any worship places. There are possibilities that the building you think belong to us don't actually belong to us, and by chance we move from there to a better place. But believe you me, we don't sell kingdom us and never have we sold assembly halls and bethel branches.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! / Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children / I Didn’t Promise Stephanie Otobo Marriage – Apostle Suleman

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.