Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,033 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard (47558 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses Can Now Donate And Receive Blood Transfusion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MrJames007: 9:38am On Dec 17, 2023
I didn't know these people don't keep beard until today. shocked

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by easiest(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2023
Are you saying God has changed his mind about keeping beard? Lol 😂

I can't see anything that make sense about that religion

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2023
Courz:

What country have you seen this? There are very few instances where a congregation allows Beards but in very few countries.The General rule is as a JW Male, you aren't allowed to Keep Beards and be an Elder or ministerial servant. You can't give talks as well. I have heard this rule does not apply in very few locations but in the majority of the rest of the world, keeping Beards are forbidden. Even in Nigeria, it is strictly forbidden. You will never see a JW MALE with Beards here and even if JWs see another with beard, they don't hesitate to tell him to shave it immediately. This is why this change of this rule has many reactions.
They will say keeping beards will offend unbelievers who don't like men with beards. That one of their excuse. They forgot that beards ought to be a personal choice.

Even now that their men are now allowed to keep beards. They will still not wear or keep beards because of fear of being judged by other members. Especially here in Africa and Nigeria to be precised, thats why they are very pretentious people.
It all started from J.F Rutherford who banned it for no scriptural reason

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Otunbakayce: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2023
Jehovah witnesses are a very useless and confused set of religious fanatics who believes they are the smartest of christians yet they are very dumb in all ramifications.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by billyG(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2023
Even JC keep beard.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Hawkler: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2023
Passionnn:
Stop broadcasting falsehood.
I know a number of witnesses, even elders who give talks at assemblies who grow beards, even goatees. Stop the hate broadcast
I haven't seen any.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by oyeb15: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2023
The only factor that has debarred me from joining fully all these years.

I love JW.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by CJStarz: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2023
Never seen a set of people as vindictive,self centered and bitter as the JWs
They should just remove Jehovah from their name.
Very unforgiving people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Morbeta11(m): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2023
When will they start celebrating birthdays.......let's even count them out of Christmas celebrations....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Expanse2020(m): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2023
Sometime it's presume me how Christians use to teach against growing Bear before now there youth are now growing when it's clearly stated that you shouldn't touch or removed a strand of the hair of the bear in the bible...
Your eyes don de clear

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by frankbonus(m): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2023
You guys that are saying all sort of things need to open your heart and mind.
You need to believe that ways of dressing and grooming keeps on changing.
What was term as proper dressing in the past may not now, and same dressing that is not generally accepted now may be in some years to come.

I am a banker with several years of banking experience, when I first join the banking sector about twenty years ago, you dear not leave beard and go to office it was inappropriate grooming not befitting of a banker in Nigeria for instance. But today it's no longer restricted.
That is to say things are evolving, or do we now ask the banking sector or other corporate organization to apologize for restricting workers back then?
Today in the army in most countries as we speak keeping bear is strongly prohibited even in us in the past but today us has allow some to keep beard.
Just see it as a religious group that move with trend and general acceptability way of doing things that is not spelt out in the Bible.

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by uniquetechng: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Its obvious you've made up your mind so keep that and enjoy your weekend! smiley
You sound more knowledgeable than JW themselves because this particular message was broadcast on JW.org channel and I even had to call my wife's younger sister who is a member of JW to tune in.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2023
correctguy101:

Exactly...

As like back in AJ, there's this man who was said to be an elder in JW. He had moustache like Steve Harvey's.

And I've seen some younger guys spotting goatees.

The majority just like clean shave like this daddy. Even if na beards go make me go heaven, I no go do am.. angry
Oga are you a JW. if you are, how many congregation will you walk into and see their men putting on beards. They are all bald shaved.
A young man in one of the congregation in Portharcoult was told that if he doesn't not shave his beards and afro hair that he won't be allow to take any congratulational responsiblity.

I know you may try to defend your JW believes. but pointing out one person as saying it's allowed is wrong. Just be truthful No one is above mistakes.
JW governing body and it's members can never admit they make mistakes, Even when they make corrections they will say it's an improved understanding of scriptures.

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by sylve11: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

Stop lying to yourself bro. Jws don't grow beards because of jw policy on dressing since late 50's. Beards are worn by rebels and people who doesn't serve jehovah and it makes someone looks dirty... This has always been the stance of GB.
You allow your beards to grow or trim it and come to meetings, elder's will ask you wait after the meeting.
They will ask you questions llke.. Are you sure you're one of us? You look so unkept? Many embarrassing questions.... No one is looking up to any bethelite.
I personally don't know anyone who's a bethelite as a jw

All the witnesses i know don't wear beards. That guy is trying to act smart but he didn't know we knew the know.

Make him dey deceive himself. wink cool

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Sakody: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2023
Eyinju112:

Stop broadcasting nonsense here, I am a jw and we don't sell kingdom halls, assembly halls. Check out histories, we've never sold any worship places. There are possibilities that the building you think belong to us don't actually belong to us, and by chance we move from there to a better place. But believe you me, we don't sell kingdom us and never have we sold assembly halls and bethel branches.

This may not be happening in Nigeria but it is happening in so many countries outside Nigeria.

Google Kingdom halls for sale. There are so many Kingdom halls for sale listed in Real Estate websites in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Peru, e. t.c. There is a section in jworg where they list congregations that they remove or merge with others. All of this is happening because Many JWs are leaving the Cult at a fast pace. There is a Facebook group dedicated to Kingdom halls sold and for sale. It is called Kingdom halls for sale around the world. Many of them are sold to different religions, churches and even turned to bars and other businesses. Just search on Facebook.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by unitysheart(m): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T5ix4smik?si=qIQeaoqFi3Nib844

So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

Source :https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2023-Governing-Body-Update-8/

Nobody has ever been disfellowshiped for wearing beards. You are very ignorant of what you spoke of.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by excanny: 10:13am On Dec 17, 2023
[quote author=AbuTwins post=127524506][/quote]

I already said read Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Hashim and Ibn Kathir books.

These are Islamic scholars who had fathers, uncles and families who lived in the time Prophet Muhammad was alive and they have first hand accounts and fresh versions of what happened.

Ibn Ishaq was a Quraish arab like Muhammad born in Medina where Islam started proper.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Wrong, JW members where seeing it as an identity to distinguish themselves from non JW. It all start from J.F Rutherford who did not like beards. That's why you can never see in JW book pictures their members putting on beards.never!!
In their Watchtower, newcomers where pictured and depicted as having beards but when they convert, they shave it off.

Why do you think non of Governing Body are having beards in any of their picture and Video broad cast.

The only reason they are now saying to their member not to criticize any member is because, it been a debate for years which had no scriptural backing to stop any Christains from putting on beards.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2023
Afamsi:
They are not Jehovah Witnesses, they are devils witnesses. Flee from them if you ever want to make heaven. People that do not believe in Trinity and are making God a liar
Did Jesus preach trinity?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2023
excanny:
Very confused cult.

We've been telling them all along that nothing wrong with beards.

Foolish old men.

Next update will be to cancel their foolish policy on blood transfusion. Just watch.
That has been sorted out get blood left, right and center

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:17am On Dec 17, 2023
Man made religion and doctrines are dynamic, but God never changes!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by jaephoenix(m): 10:17am On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Doesn't matter. What this new rule tells me is that you guys bend rules according to your whims and caprices. Soon child mol@station would be legalized by u guys

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2023
Efna55:
It was never a law that JW can't keep beard, stop the hate..
Go tell that to your Elders and circuit overseers and let's see if they won't call you to that their small room for questioning😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Sevenworldpower(m): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2023
Courz:

What country have you seen this? There are very few instances where a congregation allows Beards but in very few countries.The General rule is as a JW Male, you aren't allowed to Keep Beards and be an Elder or ministerial servant. You can't give talks as well. I have heard this rule does not apply in very few locations but in the majority of the rest of the world, keeping Beards are forbidden. Even in Nigeria, it is strictly forbidden. You will never see a JW MALE with Beards here and even if JWs see another with beard, they don't hesitate to tell him to shave it immediately. This is why this change of this rule has many reactions.

GB never made such rules.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Sevenworldpower(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Doesn't matter. What this new rule tells me is that you guys bend rules according to your whims and caprices. Soon child mol@station would be legalized by u guys

There was never any rule concerning wearing beard among JW.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Sevenworldpower(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2023
easiest:
Are you saying God has changed his mind about keeping beard? Lol 😂

I can't see anything that make sense about that religion

What is name of your religion?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2023
YourKarma:

I like your write-up but why must Khalid be from Iran? Why can't Khalid be from USA or Japan or even Nigeria?
Justice for Khalid!
I'm a Nigerian nah! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2023
BrighterSyde:

In other words the rules of the Arab world where it is safer for a man to wear beards supersede your god-given rule that it is a sin to wear beards? Why you would want to accept sin in Arab world and break an instruction from above just so your brothers can live in peace?
It's not written anywhere in God's word rather it's about modesty so now that beard no longer shows immodesty God's organization doesn't make any strict rules over it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2023
todugo:

Wrong, JW members where seeing it as an identity to distinguish themselves from non JW. It all start from J.F Rutherford who did not like beards. That's why you can never see in JW book pictures their members putting on beards.never!!
In their Watchtower, newcomers where pictured and depicted as having beards but when they convert, they shave it off.

Why do you think non of Governing Body are having beards in any of their picture and Video broad cast.

The only reason they are now saying to their member not to criticize any member is because, it been a debate for years which had no scriptural backing to stop any Christains from putting on beards.

OK Sir, thanks!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by AbuTwins: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2023
excanny:

I already said read Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Hashim and Ibn Kathir books.

These are Islamic scholars who had fathers, uncles and families who lived in the time Prophet Muhammad was alive and they have first hand accounts and fresh versions of what happened.

Ibn Ishaq was a Quraish arab like Muhammad born in Medina where Islam started proper.

Whatever Ibn Ishaq , Ibn Hashim or Ibn Kathir wrote is not 100% true except it agrees with the Qur'an and established traditions of the Prophet.

Show us your references and the context of the banditry you brought?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by sageb: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T5ix4smik?si=qIQeaoqFi3Nib844

So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

Source :https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2023-Governing-Body-Update-8/

Finally
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

OK Sir, thanks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Emma Ifeanyi: "Arthur Eze Will Die, A Governor In Nigeria Will Go Mad" / I Didn’t Promise Stephanie Otobo Marriage – Apostle Suleman / Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.