Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard (47820 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses Can Now Donate And Receive Blood Transfusion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Taigaban:
Quite unfortunate that people with half information will struggle to twist the truth to suit their hate for the JW's. Who told you people that JW's don't wear beards? JW's are sensitive to the environment/territory they find themselves, In some parts of the world JW's wear beards depending on what type of grooming that is considered to be modest in such territory. I don't think JW's want to be a stumbling block to any one who may wish to listen to the Bible's message. I see hate in several write-ups here.

Beards are not allowed in all local congregations in Nigeria. Please what is the territorial or environmental acceptance of beards in Nigeria? I recently attended a convention in Benin with an attendance of over 2000 males with my friend I and he was the only one with beards.
Stop lying bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by oteneaaron(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
What a wonderful new light!

So we can now wear beards?

Wow!!

All thanks to the Great Governing Body!

😂😂😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Jehovah's Witnesses are actively preaching in almost every country. The only group that has never participated in wars or conflicts
The only group so loyal to the christ and they are neutral. Their magazines which is free is the most distributed and translated
Their website, jw.org is the most visited religious website and has the most translations, Google does not come close
Yet, someone is stumbling cos of what? Wearing beard
I reserve my comments

It reminds me of what happened in the first century, most congregations were looking forward to Jewish Christians as those who knows best so in every congregation the Jews keep insisting that if you're not circumcised the privilege of service or oversight can't be given to you, and many disciples who walked with Jesus were also of this opinion.
WHY?
Christ was circumcised, the twelve apostles were circumcised, the first set of thousands who embraced Christianity at Pentecost were circumcised and all prostyles who converted to Judaism before becoming Christians were circumcised so who will say it's not compulsory?

The matter almost divided the organization of God's people in the first century so they sent Paul and Barnabas to Jerusalem for what should be done.

After much deliberations on scriptures, Jesus' teachings and begging Jehovah for guidance through the Holy Spirit they came to an agreement that circumcision is optional.

This was how the matter came to an end and all members of the organization continued as one big family again whether circumcised or not! Act 15:1-31

So if anyone is surprised at the way modern day worshipers of Jehovah handle matters today it's their cup of coffee i fully understood what is happening! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Eyinju112(f): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2023
Sakody:

This may not be happening in Nigeria but it is happening in so many countries outside Nigeria.

Google Kingdom halls for sale. There are so many Kingdom halls for sale listed in Real Estate websites in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Peru, e. t.c. There is a section in jworg where they list congregations that they remove or merge with others. All of this is happening because Many JWs are leaving the Cult at a fast pace. There is a Facebook group dedicated to Kingdom halls sold and for sale. It is called Kingdom halls for sale around the world. Many of them are sold to different religions, churches and even turned to bars and other businesses. Just search on Facebook.

Yeah I went through what you said online and I affirm it to be true. However, putting a kingdom hall that is of no use for sale isn't a big deal as all churches do same. So if the kingdom halls are being put for sale and the money recovered from it is used to build another kingdom where the need is required, do you still think that to be pitiful?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by AntiTerrorist: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Courz:

The Governing body will never apologise for their mistakes. JW leaders are Narcissists. Owning up to their errors is not in their dictionary because it destroys their credibility.They still want to be viewed as God's spokesmen even though one of them admitted in Court that they are not the only spokesmen for God.

This rule they just abolished is a sign of something bad happening in the background unknown to JWs but known to ExJWs.They are desperate.They are facing problems they are hiding from JWs. They are also losing lots of Members selling Kingdom halls, Assembly halls and Bethel branches. They desperately need to retain members.
Sounds like an ExJW.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

The destruction of jericho women and innocent children killed , the genocides of King David, the bloodbath of 189,000 assyrian soldiers.. The accounts of blood sheds by biblical ancient Jews are countless.. If wars and killing your brothers was bad why wasn't God smart enough to use another way in ancient times.
Wars are not good but when fought well they bring lasting peace. Jesus didn't even instruct his followers not to go to war. Jws made that up, okay? . Wars are last options which sometimes yield peaceful results.

Please quote a verse where God approved of war when the two opposing sides are worshipers of God.
Now imagine two opposing sides going to war on whose side will the true God be?
For instance in Russia supposed men of God were praying for victory and the same goes on in Ukraine, my question: on who's side is God? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Tetraozonaitera: 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
Janosky:

Emusan,did your Churchpreneurs and gods of men dish out 'new doctrines to you in the screenshot?

JWs matter dey give FAITHLESS miscreants joy & morning erections.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Oga, na shame dey make you post all these.
Just admit the governing body have been wrong.
My best friend is a JW. We had a discussion which ended as an argument recently. He is an Elder at your hall and he became an elder in his early twenties.

You guys think too much of yourselves. You are the only accepted people of God and only among you are the 144,000 found. grin

You are the 21st century Pharisees.
You label other christians with all sorts of bad names and group all churches as one. Even the ones everyone knows are evil and ritualists.

Oga, keep shut.
The decision of the governing body as exposed JW. You guys are like robots in the hands of Watchtower.
They hold the remote and turn you to any direction they want and you guys don't have the brain of your own. You must not question their decisions.

Sad!!

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by YourKarma: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I'm a Nigerian nah! cheesy
But you're not Khalid 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Notatribalist(m): 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

If they practice the best form of Christianity, does that mean you left the best for something not good enough? As in, you left something that is original for something that is fake?...

Except you left JW and stopped being a Christian altogether, if not, I wonder the kind of mentality you have to have left THE BEST
I don't attend any church
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please quote a verse where God approved of war when the two opposing sides are worshipers of God.
Now imagine two opposing sides going to war on whose side will the true God be?
For instance in Russia supposed men of God were praying for victory and the same goes on in Ukraine, my question: on who's side is God? smiley
War is war. No human life is more important than another whether they serve God or not. That the opposite side doesn't worship the type of God you worship is enough reason not to war them because it's your desire to convert them. You have no point.
The devil didn't create those people the isrealites slaughtered, God did. So you have no excuse
So in essence you'll join war and kill people in a country where you won't find a single witness in it, right?
I do not support wars, it's barbaric and animalistic... But we're all animals too. There's no logic in war.
But don't forget that wars brought peace your enjoying today.. You guys even invite police and army for personal security individually.. So why the hypocrisy??
Is simply wat the GB instructed their followers to do just to appear different.
Can you find a verse where jesus specially told his followers not to go to war?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Sakody: 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2023
Eyinju112:

Yeah I went through what you said online and I affirm it to be true. However, putting a kingdom hall that is of no use for sale isn't a big deal as all churches do same. So if the kingdom halls are being put for sale and the money recovered from it is used to build another kingdom where the need is required, do you still think that to be pitiful?

You will need to do more research. Think about this. If you are selling many Kingdom halls, assembly halls , please where did the JWs in those halls disappear to? If you really need more Kingdom halls to accommodate a growing number of JWs, you will not sell the Kingdom halls. Think Think Think. I know why I am telling you to think. Because your mind will open for the first time if you want it to.

Let me give you an example. Your religion is registered as a charity or NGO. Google this to know more. Each congregation is a registered Charity. I bumped into some information about congregations In the U.K. This site is all about Charities in the U.K of which Jehovah's Witnesses congregations are mentioned. As a Charity,you are required to send reports of your activities to the Charity Commission which shows reports on charity activities in the U.K. The report says that over 1,200 congregations/charities were merged to be One within a few months. Do you know what that means? It means only one congregation was left standing after merging all of them together. This also means that 1119 or less than that number of Kingdom halls are for sale since 3 Congregations can use one Kingdom hall.

You can't find this type of info in your jworg. Never! Because Watchtower doesn't want you to. Simple. They determine what you can see and what you cannot see. Unless you choose to see it yourself.So, where does all the money made from the sale of the Kingdom halls go to? Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Your Religion is a Real Estate business as well. All these info I am saying, you can find when you Google. Your organisation is a Billionaire Company. The main intention of your founder Charles Taze Russell of starting Watchtower Corporation was for it to be a Business only and not a religion. They have Corporations for different purposes including International Bible Students Association which is the one responsible for their Real Estate in the UK and help organise Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole. They have many Investments in many popular big companies of the world. Just Google.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
YourKarma:

But you're not Khalid 🤣🤣🤣
Himself and i share the same line of thought! wink

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

War is war. No human life is more important than another whether they serve God or not. That the opposite side doesn't worship the type of God you worship is enough reason not to war them because it's your desire to convert them. You have no point.
The devil didn't create those people the isrealites slaughtered, God did. So you have no excuse
So in essence you'll join war and kill people in a country where you won't find a single witness in it, right?
I do not support wars, it's barbaric and animalistic... But we're all animals too. There's no logic in war.
But don't forget that wars brought peace your enjoying today.. You guys even invite police and army for personal security individually.. So why the hypocrisy??
Is simply wat the GB instructed their followers to do just to appear different.
Can you find a verse where jesus specially told his followers not to go to war?
In a nutshell you can't answer those questions shey?
It's OK! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Omoawoke: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
You wait for someone to tell you an adult what to do, what to eat, how to live your life. It means you are a fool

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
oteneaaron:
What a wonderful new light!

So we can now wear beards?

Wow!!

All thanks to the Great Governing Body!

😂😂😂
I like this editing, I will download it asap😂👍

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Candreva: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yeah, because a white man decides so. I guess that's the right thing to do from now on.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

Stop lying to yourself bro. Jws don't grow beards because of jw policy on dressing since late 50's. Beards are worn by rebels and people who doesn't serve jehovah and[b] it makes someone looks dirty.[/b].. This has always been the stance of GB.
You allow your beards to grow or trim it and come to meetings, elder's will ask you wait after the meeting.
They will ask you questions llke.. Are you sure you're one of us? You look so unkept? Many embarrassing questions.... No one is looking up to any bethelite.
I personally don't know anyone who's a bethelite as a jw

You're saying that Jesus Christ is a rebel? Or worst still, most Arabs including Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi is dirty? Stop drinking omí obó please
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It reminds me of what happened in the first century, most congregations were looking forward to Jewish Christians as those who knows best so in every congregation the Jews keep insisting that if you're not circumcised the privilege of service or oversight can't be given to you, and many disciples who walked with Jesus were also of this opinion.
WHY?
Christ was circumcised, the twelve apostles were circumcised, the first set of thousands who embraced Christianity at Pentecost were circumcised and all prostyles who converted to Judaism before becoming Christians were circumcised so who will say it's not compulsory?

The matter almost divided the organization of God's people in the first century so they sent Paul and Barnabas to Jerusalem for what should be done.

After much deliberations on scriptures, Jesus' teachings and begging Jehovah for guidance through the Holy Spirit they came to an agreement that circumcision is optional.

This was how the matter came to an end and all members of the organization continued as one big family again whether circumcised or not! Act 15:1-31

So if anyone is surprised at the way modern day worshipers of Jehovah handle matters today it's their cup of coffee i fully understood what is happening! smiley
How dare you compare the issue of circumcision with wearing beards? This is pure gaslighting and other form of manipulation.
The issue of circumcision was already a law and a required by God which he made with Abraham which was clearly stated in the old testament.

While the No beards was baseless and unscriptural; formed based on personal opinion of J.F Rutherford, for he was a beardless man and hated his members wearing beard. He took over after the death of Charles Taze Russell and imposed that law and even had to rename it from Bible students, to JW as we know it today.

The only place mention the Bible about "Beard" is Leviticus 19:27 where God commanded the isrealites not to cut their beards.( In addition to other commands,they
Are not to eat animal blood.)

So why did they hold strongly on "No Beards no previlages" when it had no scriptural backing? Now you people are changing it say it's optional as if it was a law before. Comparing it to circumcision. Oh Lord!!!🤦🤦

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by oteneaaron(m): 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
As seen on Reddit:

Triggering - beard announcement

Just wanted to explain the language used and why it’s so infuriating for anyone who is out and also uncomfortable for people in.

Stephen Lett said they were “clarifying” the beard issue.

Here’s a couple of dictionary definitions:

Clarify: “make (a statement or situation) less confused and more comprehensible.”

Change: “make (someone or something) different; alter or modify.”

Everyone knows that a brother with a beard was always pressured to shave it off and would not be recommended for certain talks and privileges if he refused.

Even in congregations where they allowed it, he would be ordered to shave if he was given a part in an assembly or convention. In many cases he would be labeled as “not spiritually strong”.

In watchtower propaganda Bible studies were shown as shaving their beards as a sign of spiritual progress.

The announcement has CHANGED the beard policy, it has not CLARIFIED it.

This use of language is called gaslighting.

It is a cruel form of manipulation.

So if you feel angry and uncomfortable, this could help you understand part of the reason.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by OChimex: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
victorclean:
Ohhh my God. They are coming out gradually from primitive ideology

They wore bears before then at some point, wearing bears became a trademark for gangs and irresponsible men, so most business and society and corporate organizations chose to shave, seeing that as,a mark of responsible men, so in line with that widely acceptable norm, the witnesses conformed.
Now that that Era has passed as bearded men now hold offices, and are not seen as irresponsible, now their members are free to wear bears again.

Just like now in America, bankers, doctors, lawyers wear bold tattoos and they see no wrong in that, but wear tatoo in Nigeria as a doctor or lawyer or teacher and see if yourself will want to go to a such professional for consultation
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by oteneaaron(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
OChimex:

A typical nigeria.. just reads the headlines and gets half truths and right away starts shouting.
They wore bears before then at some point, wearing bears became a trademark for gangs and irresponsible men, so most business and society and corporate organizations chose to shave, seeing that as,a mark of responsible men, so in line with that widely acceptable norm, the witnesses conformed.
Now that that Era has passed as bearded men now hold offices, and are not seen as irresponsible, now their members are free to wear bears again.

This is why the Jehovah's Witness organization is called a CULT.

Only in a CULT will the religious leaders give instructions on whether or not you can grow a freaking beard.

If it sounds like a cult, acts like a cult, then it is definitely a CULT.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Onyenku3(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
You are probably an apostate or s disfellowshipped fellow. Did you read the scriptural principles cited in the broadcast?
As an organization, Jehovah's witnesses have never forbidden the wearing of beard. The governing body does not make rules. Neither do they dictate for or teleguide their members. Nobody has ever been disfellowshipped for keeping or wearing a beard. Nobody. It is a matter for personal decision
So after many decades of demonising, ostracising and sometimes disfellowshiping male members who opt to wear or keep their God given natural beards. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect has approved responsible male brothers to wear and keep beards if they choose in a recent update aired on jw broadcast dated December 15,2023.

On this update nos 8 they've agreed that is non scriptural to instruct Christians on how to look outwardly uniformly. They now accept that spirituality is the basis of Christianity not outward appearances or trying to appear or sound different from other competing religious organisations .

There's high and mixed emotions amongst the members now. Many are disappointed while few who has been scorned by elders and congregation leaders for trying to leave there beards to grow may be the only ones excited.

But personally they( Governing Body) needs to apologise to there members for trying to make them look like a cult. Cus is only a cult that that enforce a dress pattern or grooming for members from varying cultures and backgrounds all around the world

Source :https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2023-Governing-Body-Update-8/[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by OChimex: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
oteneaaron:

This is why the Jehovah's Witness organization is called a CULT.

Only in a CULT will the religious leaders give instructions on whether or not you can grow a freaking beard.

If it sounds like a cult, acts like a cult, then it is definitely a CULT.

Dude let me educate you more, in the US here, doctors, bankers, lawyers, teachers wear huge tattoos and dreadlocks, but try wear am for nigeria, first your family will brand you irresponsible, disown you, nit to talk of society, even the police will tag you criminal and arrest you at any opportunity. so if you don't want to cause uproar, you will not wear tattoos or dreads...
But it's a norm in US
In line with that, any reasonable business, corporation or institution will not allow those destabilizers among their members so as to be accepted within the society
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2023
OChimex:

Just like now in America, bankers, doctors, lawyers wear bold tattoos and they see no wrong in that, but wear tatoo in Nigeria as a doctor or lawyer or teacher and see if yourself will want to go to a such professional for consultation
I thought you people don't conform to worldly standards and you are separate from the world? So why now saying you conforming to the world?😂😂
Double standards.

The politicians and business world are now accepting ear ring for men, does it mean you will soon accept wearing ring for men? Especially in UK n America😂

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by nwosu35: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
Courz:

The Governing body will never apologise for their mistakes. JW leaders are Narcissists. Owning up to their errors is not in their dictionary because it destroys their credibility.They still want to be viewed as God's spokesmen even though one of them admitted in Court that they are not the only spokesmen for God.

This rule they just abolished is a sign of something bad happening in the background unknown to JWs but known to ExJWs.They are desperate.They are facing problems they are hiding from JWs. They are also losing lots of Members selling Kingdom halls, Assembly halls and Bethel branches. They desperately need to retain members.

BIG BIG BIG LIE, YOU ARE PAINED

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by OChimex: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
todugo:
I thought you people don't conform to worldly standards and you are separate from the world? So why now saying you conforming to the world?😂😂

Double standards.

When you hear conform, it means, way of life that is bad.. or widely frowned at by the large society or seen as bad. Witness follow societal norms and culture that are not harmful or against the Bible and widely acceptable.
In the US dreads, tattoos, earrings are worn by male doctors, teachers, bankers, lawyers, professors. But try wear am in Nigeria, your own family will disown you and tag you irresponsible.
So Nigeria society see those as bad and as such, they wouldn't want to be tagged bad
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by todugo(m): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
OChimex:

When you hear conform, it means, way of life that is bad.. or widely frowned at by the large society or seen as bad. Witness follow societal norms and culture that are not harmful or against the Bible and widely acceptable.
In the US dreads, tattoos, earrings are worn by male doctors, teachers, bankers, lawyers, professors. But try wear am in Nigeria, your own family will disown you and tag you irresponsible.
So Nigeria society see those as bad and as such, they wouldn't want to be tagged bad
So you saying your brothers in America and UK can wear earrings and tattoos and have previlages or preach 😂🤦

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by oteneaaron(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
OChimex:

Dude let me educate you more, in the US here, doctors, bankers, lawyers, teachers wear huge tattoos and dreadlocks, but try wear am for nigeria, first your family will brand you irresponsible, disown you, nit to talk of society, even the police will tag you criminal and arrest you at any opportunity. so if you don't want to cause uproar, you will not wear tattoos or dreads...
But it's a norm in US
In line with that, any reasonable business, corporation or institution will not allow those destabilizers among their members so as to be accepted within the society

So why do you as a Jehovah's Witness have to wait until your religious leader gives a go ahead before you can grow your own freaking beards?

That is how CULTS behave.

Have you forgotten that the Governing Body said this?

"All of us MUST be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Watchtower 2013 Nov 15 p.20

Bro, you guys are a CULT.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by haphizz57(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Why now? Very soon dey ll start wearing earrings
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by achorladey: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

So according to the video, why was it necessary for branches to write to GB as beard wearing was becoming an obstacle in various local congregation that nessitated the need for GB to readdress a policy on shaving beards if there wasn't any policy at all against growing beards? Why was this jw broadcast yesterday necessary

Very good question grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by achorladey: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley

Your doctrines are based on customs and traditions of men grin grin

Peddling madness and insanities to defend the lies and manipulations of the scripture by your GODS as usual. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by achorladey: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

Stop lying to yourself bro. Jws don't grow beards because of jw policy on dressing since late 50's. Beards are worn by rebels and people who doesn't serve jehovah and it makes someone looks dirty... This has always been the stance of GB.
You allow your beards to grow or trim it and come to meetings, elder's will ask you wait after the meeting.
They will ask you questions llke.. Are you sure you're one of us? You look so unkept? Many embarrassing questions.... No one is looking up to any bethelite.
I personally don't know anyone who's a bethelite as a jw

That one called MaxInDHouse will always defend lies and manipulations of the scripture scripture packed into his madness and insanities peddling brains here on nairaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Pastor Suleiman-Johnson Causes Stampede In Cameroon,1 Dead, 20 Injured (Photos) / Government Is Helpless, Does Not Have Power To Turn Things Around – Adeboye / Is It Proper For A Christian Couple To Watch Porn Together Before Having Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.