Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard (47721 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses Can Now Donate And Receive Blood Transfusion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Sillymoderators: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2023
Falseprofet2:
Lots of religious groups are cults
Christ embassy everyone trying to fry their hair like chris
Deeper life banned tv for members

Adults willingly submitting their brains to other adults like them to tell them what to wear, eat, dress is a mystery to me
This fornicator will also join to condem Jehovah's witnesses. This is what you learn in your own church.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by frankbonus(m): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2023
todugo:
Oga, his talking about Western side of the world which could be true. Most of these numbers you people get from increased members are coming from Africa and Asia.

Oga
I am equally asking him to make a research in the western side and see if there is any decline. I k ow what I am saying.
Then again if there is increase be it in Asia or Africa it's still same body. It doesn't matter where to God
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Caseless: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2023
Why would a religion frown at beards - something natural?

But the pictures they have depicting Jesus is showing him with beards. Black people get problem and religion is compounding it!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2023
Sillymoderators:

Who told you they were demonized and dis fellowshiped? You people will come here spreading fake news about Jehovah's witnesses because of hate.
When you're seen as rebellious, odd and worldly just because you grow beards and attend meetings... What's worse than demonising?
There are cases where a brother can be disfellowshiped because of beard wearing, if the brother doesn't act on the elders strong counsel to shave off and reacts negatively, violently or repulsively against the elders without remorse. Any rebellion against the GB or congregational matter is a potential disfellowshiping case.. How the accused reacts to counseling matters.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Sillymoderators: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

When you're seen as rebellious, odd and worldly just because you grow beards and attend meetings... What's worse than demonising?
There are cases where a brother can be disfellowshiped because of beard wearing, if the brother doesn't act on the elders strong counsel to shave off and reacts negatively, violently or repulsively against the elders without remorse. Any rebellion against the GB or congregational matter is a potential disfellowshiping case.. How the accused reacts to counseling matters.
Mat Jehovah forgive you for all these lies.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Kyn4life: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2023
OgaNightmare:

Very stupid group of people

I'm happy am no longer controlled by this buffoons. Who know what's next on their hit list?🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are entitle to your opinion, but please watch your tongue.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2023
BrighterSyde:

So it was a man-made rule that beards were immodest and now another man-made rule from the GB has decided it is modest. Ok.
Anyhow you want it to be expressed! smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2023
uniquetechng:

You sound more knowledgeable than JW themselves because this particular message was broadcast on JW.org channel and even had to call my wife's younger sister who is a member of JW to tune in.

The highlighted really amuses me because all the things i know today about the Bible i learned from JWs! smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
Notatribalist:

What exactly do you intend to achieve with this post? I was born in that organization,but for some reasons I left. But truth is,they practice the best form of Christianity. Jehovah witness is the only organization/church I've seen that preaches from the Bible. They don't take offering like other churches. Their teachers are centered on how to worship God. No prosperity preaching. As much as I would like to admit that they are not perfect,but they are far ahead of others. Take it on leave it

If they practice the best form of Christianity, does that mean you left the best for something not good enough? As in, you left something that is original for something that is fake?...

Except you left JW and stopped being a Christian altogether, if not, I wonder the kind of mentality you have to have left THE BEST

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
YourKarma:

I like your write-up but why must Khalid be from Iran? Why can't Khalid be from USA or Japan or even Nigeria?

Justice for Khalid!

Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Antiislaam(m): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Its obvious you've made up your mind so keep that and enjoy your weekend! smiley

ÀBÚRÒ ÌYÀWÓ BABALÁWO, so you have finally succumb to the politics abi?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Akharmony: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
The one who only hears from God as spoken.... 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

If they practice the best form of Christianity, does that mean you left the best for something not good enough? As in, you left something that is original for something that is fake?... Except you left JW and stopped being a Christian altogether, if not, I wonder the kind of mentality you have to have left THE BEST

He is really sincere and honest hearted others will start telling you bad things about JWs but ask them to present a better performing group they later joined after leaving ọmọ they will start fighting you as if you've cursed them.

The fact remains that no human has ever passed through the potters of JW organization that can speak of any better group they found after leaving because there's none! smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He is really sincere and honest hearted others will start telling you bad things about JWs but ask them to present a better performing group they later joined after leaving ọmọ they will start fighting you as if you've cursed them.

The fact remains that no human has ever passed through the potters of JW organization that can speak of any better group they found after leaving because there's none! smiley

True sha... Well, I personally wouldn't have a basis for comparison because I haven't met a lot of them, at a point I used to think they lived in a secluded estate, lol, cos unlike other churches, you don't really find a lot of them

I used to have a roommate that sends me links to their services which I join online... particularly loved the question and answer segment, as we were allowed to ask questions on issues and get answers, although he stopped after a while
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Aemmyjah(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's due to Western culture!
Most of our brothers look up to the appearance of brothers living in our bethel homes and members of the Governing Body that they don't wear beards, this is because for some decades wearing beards has been view as indecent in the Western culture while the East takes it as a crime for men to shave their beards.
Brothers in the Eastern world like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and other Arab countries finds it difficult to walk freely in their communities so letters keep rolling in on this matter that's why the Governing Body have to address it.
Now Kalid in Iran can walk freely in his area without being ostracized as an infidel while i and other JWs throughout the world still view him as a responsible brother in our spiritual family.

May you have PEACE! smiley

That one looks like someone that has two monikers and write nonsense about us
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Aemmyjah(m): 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Jehovah's Witnesses are actively preaching in almost every country
The only group that has never participated in wars or conflicts
The only group so loyal to the christ and they are neutral
Their magazines which is free is the most distributed and translated
Their website, jw.org is the most visited religious website and has the most translations, Google does not come close

Yet, someone is stumbling cos of what? Wearing beard
I reserve my comments

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Ubdavis(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
Passionnn:
Stop broadcasting falsehood.
I know a number of witnesses, even elders who give talks at assemblies who grow beards, even goatees. Stop the hate broadcast

It wasn't allowed.. I was a member. Maybe they started relaxing the rules at a point..

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by statesman6: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2023
Afamsi:
They are not Jehovah Witnesses, they are devils witnesses. Flee from them if you ever want to make heaven. People that do not believe in Trinity and are making God a liar
Like pe heaven do sure for u. Mf undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Really? Why does your storybook Bible have a new and old testament?
Well, that’s why it’s not my religious book.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
And you're really proud to say this in public??
Jews in the bible enjoyed peace after fighting countless wars, even committed infanticide and genocide. The goodnews witnesses are preaching in many countries is possible because there's peace. The businesses, activities, food, education etc enjoyed by every witness globally in their respective countries is possible because of relative peace.. Peace was fought for by heroes and men like everyone else... If witnesses do not participate in warfare in general they don't deserve the right to enjoy system achieved through wars and spiling of blood

Aemmyjah:
Jehovah's Witnesses are actively preaching in almost every country
The only group that has never participated in wars or conflicts
The only group so loyal to the christ and they are neutral
Their magazines which is free is the most distributed and translated
Their website, jw.org is the most visited religious website and has the most translations, Google does not come close

Yet, someone is stumbling cos of what? Wearing beard
I reserve my comments

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Aemmyjah(m): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

Jews in the bible enjoyed peace after fighting countless wars, even committed infanticide and genocide. The goodnews witnesses are preaching in many countries is possible because there's peace. The businesses, activities, food, education etc enjoyed by every witness globally in their respective countries is possible because of relative peace.. Peace was fought for by heroes and men like everyone else... If witnesses do not participate in warfare in general they do no deserve the right to be enjoy this system achieved through wars and spiling of blood

Keep warring and spilling blood
Is that what brings satisfaction and real peace?
True Christians do not fight aa Jesus taught
We are practicing Christianity as Jesus taught
Not Judaism
Those that go to war today kill brothers of their own religion ij the other land
It never happened in the ancient Israel
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Aemmyjah(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:
Jews in the bible enjoyed peace after fighting countless wars, even committed infanticide and genocide. The goodnews witnesses are preaching in many countries is possible because there's peace. The businesses, activities, food, education etc enjoyed by every witness globally in their respective countries is possible because of relative peace.. Peace was fought for by heroes and men like everyone else... If witnesses do not participate in warfare in general they don't deserve the right to enjoy system achieved through wars and spiling of blood

I should be ashamed?
This is something others are envious of
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Keep warring and spilling blood
Is that what brings satisfaction and real peace?
True Christians do not fight aa Jesus taught
We are practicing Christianity as Jesus taught
Not Judaism
Those that go to war today kill brothers of their own religion ij the other land
It never happened in the ancient Israel

The destruction of jericho women and innocent children killed , the genocides of King David, the bloodbath of 189,000 assyrian soldiers.. The accounts of blood sheds by biblical ancient Jews are countless.. If wars and killing your brothers was bad why wasn't God smart enough to use another way in ancient times.
Wars are not good but when fought well they bring lasting peace. Jesus didn't even instruct his followers not to go to war. Jws made that up, okay? . Wars are last options which sometimes yield peaceful results.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by MaobiCarl(f): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I should be ashamed?
This is something others are envious of
Envious? Who's envious of jws not going to wars?
It's actually cowardice and insult to others trying to defend and fight with there lives.
If Jehovah's Witnesses happen to be the rulers of a nation having their sovereignty challenged, what would they have done differently?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Flex2pro: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
This bushy faced man is very daft. He's an apostate so no need to even waste time with him. He has wasted his life and that's what is frustrating him.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Efna55: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
todugo:

Go tell that to your Elders and circuit overseers and let's see if they won't call you to that their small room for questioning😂😂
🤣🤣why are you carrying this matter like gala, you'll have heart attack oo! It was never a law and that is final..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by chinwezdasilva: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
OgaNightmare:

Very stupid group of people

I'm happy am no longer controlled by this buffoons. Who know what's next on their hit list?🤣🤣🤣🤣
Were you a member
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Taigaban: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
MaobiCarl:

So according to the video, why was it necessary for branches to write to GB as beard wearing was becoming an obstacle in various local congregation that nessitated the need for GB to readdress a policy on shaving beards if there wasn't any policy at all against growing beards? Why was this jw broadcast yesterday necessary
Quite unfortunate that people with half information will struggle to twist the truth to suit their hate for the JW's. Who told you people that JW's don't wear beards? JW's are sensitive to the environment/territory they find themselves, In some parts of the world JW's wear beards depending on what type of grooming that is considered to be modest in such territory. I don't think JW's want to be a stumbling block to any one who may wish to listen to the Bible's message. I see hate in several write-ups here.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by Efna55: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2023
excanny:

It wasnt open, but a silent law. I'm an ex JW. The elders will chase and harras you if you dare grow a beard, even when there's nothing bad in it.

Foolish cult. Thank God I escaped.
Take it easy, you have to free your heart, this one you've carried the matter like gala like your life depends on it🤣..
It was never a law and that is final, God's own organisation is the most loving on earth..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard by correctguy101(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
todugo:
Oga are you a JW. if you are, how many congregation will you walk into and see their men putting on beards. They are all bald shaved.
A young man in one of the congregation in Portharcoult was told that if he doesn't not shave his beards and afro hair that he won't be allow to take any congratulational responsiblity.

I know you may try to defend your JW believes. but pointing out one person as saying it's allowed is wrong. Just be truthful No one is above mistakes.
JW governing body and it's members can never admit they make mistakes, Even when they make corrections they will say it's an improved understanding of scriptures.

🙄

The light's getting brighter and they (the governing body) can now see clearer than before.. 🙄

And how's this daddy to know they have a bam on beards when I myself love and keeps a clean shaven face and admire them for it?

I don't like hairs. Facial or pubic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Joshua Iginla Celebrates His Birthday, Gives Out 16 Suvs, 16 Cars & Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.