Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man (52140 Views)

Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son / Cacudu Benson's First Wife Now Homeless (Video) / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by BigIyanga: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
judeolokor:

The spiritual have dealt with him seriously
No spiritual attack. He lacks self accountability and awarenesss. Blew up his chsnces in UK, USA, family, kids and friends. Seems like a selfish person who only lived for himself and the moment.

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by MasterTeeUSA: 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
If I was to go with spiritual attack...the older brother and his son were responsible...took his property, sold it and kicked the wife out...killed their first son...and on recovery, the attack on him went back to them and killed them both. I see a full restoration on all that was lost back to this man. May God help him...this world is dangerous.

Omihanifa:

https://punchng.com/i-returned-to-nigeria-homeless-after-30-years-in-uk-us-ondo-man/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Yankee101: 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
And yankee returnees are now ruling you in nigeria abi

Tinubu
Gbajabiamila
Adenuga
Jimoh Ibrahim
Dapo Abiodun etc

At least 2 were taxi drivers including your president

Stop using one isolated case to judge the entire bunch

If this man is telling the truth all he needs is his senses, if he recovers and returns to the US or UK, his welfare check alone per month will be more than one million naira equivalent
Who will pay you that in nigeria?

LagosG:
Someone said the brain drain of today will be the brain gain of tomorrow.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

80% of people wey dey Japa will be trapped in the system they are japaing to from debt. Even citizens of those countries are trapped in it too. This man's story get as e be so I won't comment directly on it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by finallybusy: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
Not everyone has the same destiny, though I don’t believe in the word. For all we know, he may have wasted his stay in those places. Maybe na for Naija he go finally make am.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by jubrilcastle(m): 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
D4gmail1:
No insult meant, This alone says a lot why your life is the way it is. You live life as it comes.

Where’s your passport?

I misplaced it. I declared it missing and the British Government replaced it, but it went missing again. I went back for the passport and I was told that I was careless with the British property and that it wouldn’t be replaced for me.
I stopped reading when I got to that very paragraph. The guy get problem

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by mastermaestro(m): 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Them run am strong thing for midnight meeting. cry
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Truthshotcrazy: 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
inoki247:
Lol some people jus dey Japa no prospect or direction....

When we say Japa isn't for everybody they will come for our head the same way Nigeria isn't for everybody is the same way Japa isn't for everybody....

Buh we will keep wishing everybody that wants to Japa safe trip since people see Japa as one of the greatest achievements that can ever happen to someone....
cool
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Hassanmaye(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
[quote author=saddler post=127511925]

This man left Nigeria in 1984 because Nigeria was bad and now he came back to 2023 when Nigeria is dead and buried grin grin

Omo this man go like suffer i swear.[/quote
Hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣 please
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Akano5(m): 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
Basicend:
To those indomie genz that says there is no witchcraft and foundational principalities. .

I pity you. . Africa is deep in evil before the whites came, and you can't rule that impact out of its offspring.

Witchcraft and evil is real. . God and spirituality is very real too.

They can wait for you at the middle of your years, or even towards the end.

This man was clearly stripped naked from the spirit and his physical hands and body were rendered useless.

Thank you for this... Wicked elders everywhere, God has saved me alot from them... That's why the best thing is to move closer to God.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Sharatan(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
For those of us who suspect the elder brother had a hand in his strange sickness gather here..
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by IVORY2009(m): 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
Shalommy:
See face like rotten shit. Chaii... cheesy cheesy

nne Emeka undecided
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by LagosG: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
sunboy:

I can’t speak for Nigeria o but it is sure working for Mogadishu, Somalia.

Debt don’t stop nobody from moving.

Somalians have a tight knit community in Yankee. You can't say the same for Nigerians
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by XAUBulls: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Rebuker:
Same man that found himself under Oshodi Bridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2pbQrBFZQ
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by XAUBulls: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Omihanifa:

https://punchng.com/i-returned-to-nigeria-homeless-after-30-years-in-uk-us-ondo-man/
He left Nigeria in the early 1980s when the popular Andrew "checking out" campaign was being shown on national television back in Nigeria. The campaign was meant to dissuade Nigerians from "checking out" or migrating abroad to Europe and America for greener pastures. Truly nostalgic years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by IbeOkehie: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
I wrote it earlier on another thread, others seconded my opinion - NIGERIANS ARE WICKED, as a diasporan the worst thing you can ever do is to trust any Nigerian with your hard earned money...not even your parents or siblings.

https://www.nairaland.com/7937467/japa-what-still-waiting/12#127471890

Good Luck to Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Wellington21: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
Was Tinubu in Power when he left for UK? Mumu

Go meet your brother Tinubu

Yoruba Ronu [/b][/quote]
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by XAUBulls: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
IbeOkehie:
I wrote it earlier on another thread, others seconded my opinion - NIGERIANS ARE WICKED, as a diasporan the worst thing you can ever do is to trust any Nigerian with your hard earned money...not even your parents or siblings.

https://www.nairaland.com/7937467/japa-what-still-waiting/12#127471890

Good Luck to Nigerians.
That's very deep!

Saved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by lightwind(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
I have read and i came to conclusion that this man's elder brother Mr Williams Ibironke and his son Kayode Ibironke is sorely RESPONSIBLE for all this INNOCENT Man Predicaments.

And happily they all DEAD now.

Fear Yoruba people they're very jealous kind of people even to their own blood.

Almost all their men are Babalawos
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by DaddyJapan(m): 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
porka:

There is no underlying anything. That's the way blacks are wired.

That is the most convenient way to avoid life's responsibility.

Give him one million chances in life is will end up the same way.

Did you not read him saying that the RCCG people too got fed up?

He started a programme in Unilag in the 1980s, he abandoned it for a greener pasture (a security guard).

Many Africans or blacks do not live for any meaningful purpose in life.

They just live to 'enjoy' life without even knowing what enjoyment mean.

Oh, my friends are traveling abroad, let me leave my work and travel too.

Ahhhh, my friend's misfortune is not my portion...

Most blacks around the world hardly take a thought of anything before they commit their lives and resources into it.

Black people are not guided by sense and thorough analysis but impulse and emotions.

We never take a stock of what would happen if we took this or that decision. What can possibly go wrong?
What would I do if my permutations fall off the mark? How quickly can I make those adjustments? What resources do I have?
What is the exit strategy? What are the social networks to help me cushion the impact? How long could this adventure take?
What is even the essence of it?

It happens till this day.

Just imagine people not bothering about handing 4 years of their entire lives to useless politicians and making projections for another 4 years to be similarly wasted.

For blacks, time, purpose, legacy, responsibility and critical thinking are not high stakes.

A typical black person's life revolves around food, partying, human and object worship, debauchery, vain glory, wild hysteria and shifting responsibility to some gods.

The man was going to Japan for business (if true) but he couldn't care what might happen during business down time.

He was just satisfied with being the 'only successful' black man in the white dominated county.

Just one Italian or Indian would achieve the same feat and the whole place will be filled with Italians or Indians so that they have a social security system and buffer against hard time.

Not Africans. Not blacks. The black man doesn't understand such concept.

All the time he was sponsoring his nephew through school, his own child was going through hard times.

He doesn't even know where the other children are in America.

I hear you well but I beg to disagree with your analysis, which makes some sweeping and unfair generalizations about Black people.

If you check the Sun Sentinel published in South Florida on June 24, 1990, for instance, you will find that a Joseph Ibironke was reported to have spent 10 months in dentition while awaiting his appeal for political asylum. How do we know this was not the same person - given that this pastor also spent time in Florida after his move from the UK during the same period?

We know that, by his own admission, his memory is patchy at best. In an earlier interview he gave, which I have just listened to once more, he claimed he was sent abroad to pursue further studies by the bank. Assuming that was truly the case, why did he deviate from his career path to embrace Bible studies? We have to interrogate this period in more detail in order to gain a clearer understanding of the anomy that followed.

When I alluded to internal conflict and some underlying malaise, it was with a view to explaining his poor judgement from the onset.
The point is, we do not take mental health seriously enough in Africa. We self-medicate while scrambling around in the dark, in search of deliverance.

Elsewhere, Joseph Ibironke's assertion about his British passport amounts to complete falsehood in my view.
Thankfully, a number of commentators have not only picked up on this point but taken time to outline the options available to British citizens. By the way, I am also not sure I believe he was ever travelling back and forth to Japan from the USA either.

As I said earlier, I wish him well on his road to recovery.
He was probably exploited by family members back home, who never envisaged that he would overcome his mental health challenges.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by McStoic(m): 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Exceed15: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
So touching. I see happy ending despite all he had gone through. May God show him mercy.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by NwaliE01: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
Teckwizard56:
most Nigerians who travel abroad don't make it there

Hmmm
I reject if for myself.. I have already made it.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Caseless: 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Basicend:
To those indomie genz that says there is no witchcraft and foundational principalities. .

I pity you. . Africa is deep in evil before the whites came, and you can't rule that impact out of its offspring.

Witchcraft and evil is real. . God and spirituality is very real too.

They can wait for you at the middle of your years, or even towards the end.

This man was clearly stripped naked from the spirit and his physical hands and body were rendered useless.
His elder brother is my number one suspect here.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by IbeOkehie: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Timetravel88:

Japa for many Nigerians in today's western society is self exile and multi generational transfer. Most of them will never come back again let alone their children.
The socio-economic model is designed in such a way that humans becomes fuel to keep the economy running. It's a vicious cycle of a complex symbiotic relationship, once you are plugged in it takes only a few months to realize that you are trapped. It gets worse if you have no exit strategy.

Lots and lots of Nigerians returned to Nigeria with their families in the 1970's from USA, UK and I even know a couple of families that returned from the old Soviet Union.

What do you think was the predominant outcome for most of those families? Just so we don't go by what I say, you can consult the commentary of the late Prof Pius Adesanmi who died in the Ethiopian Airline crash. His father was one of such returnees.

Good Luck to Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by IbeOkehie: 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
djon78:

Marrying oyibo or abroad women is very risky

A very big Doctor I knew as a kid in mid 1980s married a German woman and had 2 son's when he studied there

When he came back to Nigeria early 1990s the oyibo woman cut of from him

He came back and his people married another woman for him here
Had 3 children 2 boys and a girl here

What saved the Doctor was that he was the son of a very wealthy Igbo man in the 1960s

So on coming back
He as first son had majority of his now dead fathers assets

He later died in the 2005
His wife and Nigerian children now got hold of those his father's assets and sold some worth hundreds of millions today

But those his 2 sons in Germany by oyibo woman became big German Doctors

But they never related with there father

The Doctor died of stroke due to heart break from not relating with his 2 sons in Germany

Because the ones he had here in his firfties were just finishing secondary School when he died

People must be careful about abroad Japa cause it's not as we think
Honestly

I think I know this doctor. I think one of his brothers was a doctor too. From Nkwerre, my hometown. His son from the Oyibo woman I think still lives in Nigeria, works in radio or tv.

Am I right? Maybe not, but the story is similar...oh you said the sons stayed in Germany. Never mind.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by VULCAN(m): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
Don't ruin the thread you begged then proceeded to stoop to his level.

Which means that you really are at that level but angry that he went there first.

Mtscheww

DaddyJapan:

Why would a banker leave Nigeria in the 80s, travel to the UK in search of greener pastures, and then end up at a Bible college?

What unresolved tension or underlying mental health condition was he masking at the time, by using religion to self-medicate?

I wish Mr Ibironke well as he journeys to find renewal of spirit. We all deserve second chances. cool

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by CheedyJ(m): 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
In a couple of years I see a whole lotta Nigerians returning like this man. Of course they would have a 'voodoo' story to tell for their failure..on both worlds.
People are still making it in Nigeria (big figures) the same way we have people that were sleeping in flats in Lagos but now sleep in parking lots in extremely cold climates (after japa-ing).
Imagine wetin u dey wish ur fellow human, thank God say u no be God, damn.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by manable(m): 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
So pathetic God is with you
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Timetravel88: 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Lots and lots of Nigerians returned to Nigeria with their families in the 1970's from USA, UK and I even know a couple of families that returned from the old Soviet Union.

What do you think was the predominant outcome for most of those families? Just so we don't go by what I say, you can consult the commentary of the late Prof Pius Adesanmi who died in the Ethiopian Airline crash. His father was one of such returnees.

Good Luck to Nigerians

This is why I said “in today’s western society”

The way the west is structured today isn’t the same as the 70s. Raising a family is getting harder every year and for those who do they can’t afford to save for a return ticket back home. Why do you think the birth rate in these countries are plummeting? They now resort to immigration to cushion the effect.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by djon78(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I think I know this doctor. I think one of his brothers was a doctor too. From Nkwerre, my hometown. His son from the Oyibo woman I think still lives in Nigeria, works in radio or tv.

Am I right? Maybe not, but the story is similar...oh you said the sons stayed in Germany. Never mind.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

No this one was Anambra Man

His sons from the oyibo woman never returned

2 Likes

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by IbeOkehie: 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
Timetravel88:

This is why I said “in today’s western society”

The way the west is structured today isn’t the same as the 70s. Raising a family is getting harder every year and for those who do they can’t afford to save for a return ticket back home. Why do you think the birth rate in these countries are plummeting? They now resort to immigration to cushion the effect.

This is the kind of thing that gets me hot under the collar grin

Nigerians can't save for tickets to go back home? My friend, my family attends an IGBO church here in a medium sized city of Raleigh NC. It's called Emmanuel Anglican, OWNED by the congregation, they have their own building. Over 300 families. The church was HALF-EMPTY last Sunday and will be EMPTY tomorrow. You know why? Most of them have travelled to Nigeria for Xmas. One of them just called my wife a few minutes ago to announce arrival and tell us their hotel in Lagos.

What is this myth about Nigerians being poor in abroad biko nu? grin Oga, do you know how many Nigerian families travel to Nigeria every year? Make una take am easy abeg.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by DaddyJapan(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
VULCAN:
Don't ruin the thread you begged then proceeded to stoop to his level.

Which means that you really are at that level but angry that he went there first.

Mtscheww

Are you sure you quoted the correct comment?

What exactly are you banging on about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries / Chinese Man Rocks His Nigerian Wife's Behind At An Event (pics) / NAF Airlifts Conjoined Twins Back To Yenagoa After A Successful Surgery (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.