Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer (7286 Views)

Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" / Advice A Prospective Graduate / Mohammed Abubakar, Former Aircraft Cleaner Set To Become Captain 24 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Dotinacircle: 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
I'm a 24 years old junior software developer working at a it company in nigeria, I don't come here to brag!!!, I only need advice from you guys to be successful more. I don't have girlfriend, I only focus on hustle. I need advice on how make my life better. Advice me like how a father will advice is son?? Thanks very much guys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Oyindamolah: 5:17am On Dec 17, 2023
What's your achievement for this year?
Look at where you made mistakes and improve on them, set a goal for your self and ensure you achieve atleast 70% of it. Avoid women although they are necessary evil. most importantly improve yourself daily
Dotinacircle:
I'm a 24 years old junior software developer working at a it company in nigeria, I don't come here to brag!!!, I only need advice from you guys to be successful more. I don't have girlfriend, I only focus on hustle. I need advice on how make my life better. Advice me like how a father will advice is son?? Thanks very much guys

Seun

Mynd44

Lalasticala

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Sirheny007(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
As long as you keep avoiding women, you're on the right track.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Benjaniblinks(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
undecided
Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Peterobi90: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
Take longterm decisions..

1 Like

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by motionarena: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dotinacircle:

JAPA and use ur skills to earn big.

Unless you be half baked Agbado developer

26 Likes

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by JustPowerApps(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
Shege dey front cheesy but don't quit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Ojim07(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
The tech industry is a dynamic one. So one should not relent in upscaling your skills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Faposky95: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
Be humble......
Just be humble, no matter what.
You want to be successful, be humble

1 Like

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by flexyrule(m): 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
Get a CS degree

Get yourself a good woman.

If you have saved enough, RUN!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by BRATISLAVA: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
They told you to work hard to get women. What other advice do you need? Even telling us you don't have a girlfriend. We know where this is headed.
Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by EKONGKING: 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2023
Don't stop learning new software skills and programs , alway be upto date with required skills.

The moment u stop learning in any job or business or profession,others will race ahead of u .

Nigerians value certificate, Indians value certificate as well as skill set while oyinbo value only skill set .

Oyinbo and Indians are leading the IT field all over the world. So u get the drift.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Dollyak(f): 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
My advise is for you to continue to develop both your technical and soft skills to ensure you are relevant. If you develop yourself to a high level, you can always widen your horizon and apply for better job

1 Like

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by gbaskiboy: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
Focus on your career, look for someone in your field to mentor you and do more research and look for ways to improve on yourself. You shall succeed if you humble yourself, if you are honest and if you out God first in all you do. The sky shall be your starting point.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by mrrandomguy: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
1. Surrender your life to Jesus Christ, let God be the captain of your ship, and be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

2. Don't fall into sexual sin. Avoid every appearance of sexual immortality at all cost.

3. You see all those women with waist beads, leg chain, nose rings, long painted nails, dyed low cut hairstyles, etc, run from them. They have ruined many destinies and destroyed many glorious men.

4. Also be careful of undercover witches and marine agents in holy holy churches like Deeper Life, MFM, Assemblies of God, Chosen, etc. These types always act godly and homely, but they destroy slowly like cancer.

5. Improve yourself professionally by every ethical means possible.

6. Surround yourself with people of good reputation.

7. Be wise in how you spend money. Invest in your career and tangible things like real estate.

Dotinacircle:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by jetz(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
CS next big thing
Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by tellwisdom: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Brag that you are a billionaire or you achieved something no one has? You are very foolish to think you are somebody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Sucre6: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
tellwisdom:
Brag that you are a billionaire or you achieved something no one has? You are very foolish to think you are somebody

How old are you?

2 Likes

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by MT: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dotinacircle:
I'm a 24 years old junior software developer working at a it company in nigeria, I don't come here to brag!!!, I only need advice from you guys to be successful more. I don't have girlfriend, I only focus on hustle. I need advice on how make my life better. Advice me like how a father will advice is son?? Thanks very much guys HB in

Your question is too broad based.

Are you asking advice on your career? If yes, we need to know how proficient you are with your stack.

Is it relationship or financial?

Your question needs to be more targeted

5 Likes

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Sucre6: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Op, just improve on yourself by avoiding the mistakes u made this year, take that bold step you think it's impossible, push yourself, you have no idea what your mind is capable of doing when you push above your limit.

Am also a programmer, though at an embryo stage but u see 2024, I want to achieve so many thing in this new field.
Just believe and work harder, don't let no one deter you.
Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by muyico(m): 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
keep hustling and praying! best solution at d moment
Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Lovemeharder(f): 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
You're doing well. Do some good investment before settling down.
Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Hezzyluv: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Bridle your preek and be accountable to any penny (personal and official) that comes your way.

1 Like

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
1. Never stop learning!
In tech, things change fast. Always be willing to learn new things. It's very easy to get stuck.

2. Just because you spent a lot of time on your code does not make it right. Learn from others and appreciate the code reviews. They will help you grow.

3. Learn how things work under the hood. Don't just be a coder. Be an engineer. Understand how computers work at a very low level. Understand the infrastructure and how servers work. Those are the kind of things that make you a senior.

4. Unless you're seeing consistent growth at your company, you shouldn't spend more than 2 or 3 years at the same company. You grow faster when you move around. You learn more and gain more experience as well.

5. Be language agnostic. This is kinda related to point 3. Understand how software work. Learn how to think. The language is just the syntax. You should be able to learn any language easily and work with it efficiently.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by chidera3: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Improve yourself everyday.
Socialize
Learn to communicate
Learn emotional intelligence skills
Build your adversity quotient
Code daily
Update your knowledge everyday
You will be fine
Remain on course...FOCUS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by Clemzy33(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
What to say believe on ur dream
Have a good galfrind that we take u to the right place of life
Advertise on ur skills to archive in life

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by telim: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Learn! save! learn! Save. Then invest your money and coding skills on a SAAS idea that involves recurring subscription and bank really hard enjoy your life till old age and die.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by gerrisson(m): 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
The best advice I have for anyone is LIVE NOW. Tomorrow is not promised.
I work in the hospital, and everyday I see adults who had hoped they lived more, but it's late, they have terminal illness. Adults of all ages.
Grinding, and working hard is not bad in itself, but procrastinating "living" for work can backfire.
Don't work all day, create time for leisure and doing things you like outside work. Get a girlfriend, one that is not keen on marriage. Avoid marriage at your age. Live. Now. Tomorrow is not promised.
Dotinacircle:

4 Likes

Re: Advice A 24 Years Old Junior Software Developer by RGRNetwork: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
Look for vacancies in international companies that will pay you in usd, pounds or euro and apply.

Make sure you leave Nigeria because majority of IT experts you can learn from dont leave in Nigeria. Why? because Nigeria is still growing in terms of IT.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Agrees To Recall 3,000 Sacked Workers / Kickstart Ur Freelancing Career, Get Ur Rejected Or New Upwork Account Approved! / Is The Government Responsible For Unemployment Or Is It You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.