Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life (29589 Views)

What Is The Best Decision You Ever Made In Your Life. / THE 10k That Changed My Life (Picture) / Pamela Adie: "Coming Out As A Lesbian Is The Best Decision I Ever Made" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by godguy: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Made a stand to stop sleeping with hoes coz I came into full awareness that nothing is so special about sex.
It will only drain your money and leave you in a state of perpetual regrets.
Relocating out of Nigeria with my family

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by kkins25(m): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
Galaxyroyp:
Bro, how did you use LinkedIn to get the freelance writing? I'm also a writer, a pro if l'm allowed to toot my own horn. Thanks.

To be honest, it was a thing of chance... but, there are forums on Reddit you should definitely follow. search for "freelancers writers" on redddit.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by mosho2good: 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2023
DDayve:
Learning programming.
Got frustrated at a point but I am smiling now.
Can you be my guude
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Ozap: 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2023
JaskanFactor:
after 20 years in industry in the western world, the combined influence of very toxic behaviour in office places and racism made me take the daring step to become self employed , its was as scary move with years of slow progress, but i thank God things getting better.

SO that now when i look back, i compare the idea of planning to spend your adult life working closely with strangers you dont know , to the same as planning to eat all your future meals in dirty public toilet.

You have no idea how disgusting people can be, until you are trapped in a job.

One day when employees are able to put a high price on bad office practice, companies will clamp down hard on those who see their colleagues in work place as fresh meat. And this is already happening with all the new career options becoming available thanks to communication technology like internet etc.

All i ever learnt from 20 years in IT industry in Europe was how to hate people, so had to move on from that scam, cause it is a rip off to work in environment where uncontrolled mutual hatred is allowed to run rampant,which is 99.9% of companies. The bigger the company the worse it is.

I say if kids really knew what their parents have to put up with at work they would cry in shame.

It is a form of ritual, by that i mean the spirit of toxic competition ensures that demonic possession spreads throughout the public.

If body and soul snatching aliens ran the world, i would summise that schools prepare the youths for their souls to be snatched when they start to learn how to hate people at work. Thats why people who have worked in those evil offices for years are never the same again, and thats why good men cant hold down a job, cause the environment is just too toxic.

Work from home improves the situation, but not enough, i prefer self employed the whole way!!!!!

Until the work place is no longer the dumping ground for bullshit behaviour , the whole idea is a rip off, cause you can do better alone if positve energy soul thiefs dont have free reign to operate around you.

They never teach the kids in school that the work place , the glass office is only really meant for all the wicked pupils in school, join them at your own peril.

Very relatable
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Kehinde2017: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
Workch:
yes but not free.
If I teach you free, you will runaway when it starts getting overwhelmed but when you know that you money is involved, it will motivate you
I’m very interested sir. How much will be involved?
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by musicwriter(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2023
joseph1832:
Hmm. You remind me of what I heard in a video game, yep, a video game. Metal Gear Solid: "Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies... what we've seen, heard, felt... anger, joy and sorrow... these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing".

I felt this way for a very long time, this is why I never bothered to get married, until I got to know about my lineage, then I have a change of heart. I can comfortably say "I want to get married and raise kids". 👌

I feel one day, you'll have a change of heart.

The game makers are right!!

In 300 years, the only thing that would be remembered of anyone today is the most dominant family name- just one name.

Our family trees are going to diverge to a point that my brothers or sisters or your brothers or sisters children's children children won't even know our children's children children. In fact, they could marry one another and nobody would know. It's happening today!!

The only things that would outlast our children's children children are the movies, books, musics we create today. However, the books we write in English language may not survive because as literature they're not rooted on our culture. But that's a different discussion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by musicwriter(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
VULCAN:
Hahahahaa.

You wrote a book and so?

99% of authors never make any money or impact with their book.

I was waiting to hear- it was a bestseller or it has led to massive opportunities home and abroad.

Also you stopped believing in Jesus

And whatever you believe in now has done what exactly for you?

Neither of the things you mentioned came with tangible benefits

Basically, you wasted our time reading your piece

And who told you the purpose was to make money? I wrote the book and made it free!!

2 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Pentagon007: 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
My best decision was leaving my comfort zone in Nigeria to a close-by African country, Now I'm working and earning salary in a better currency than Naira and learning to forming strategic relationship/friendship with people. Today my situation is better than 1 year ago when i was in Nigeria and jobless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Ozap: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ozap:

I

Very relatable
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by EmpressOne(f): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
Loving my toxic family members from afar. Such a peaceful and prosperous year it has been.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Obakoolex(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
Akano5:

Kindly read your comments "Don't be a begger in 2024". doesn't it sound insultive to your own ears....
Well, Good luck
Well I tell you to mind your business in 2024....
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Akano5(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
I found Jesus, he saved me from those wicked elders....
God is Good

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Galaxyroyp(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2023
kkins25:
To be honest, it was a thing of chance... but, there are forums on Reddit you should definitely follow. search for "freelancers writers" on redddit.

Thanks.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Prettygirl200(f): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Made a stand to stop sleeping with hoes coz I came into full awareness that nothing is so special about sex.
It will only drain your money and leave you in a state of perpetual regrets.
leaving a relationship where i have to be in a competition with an unknown lady just to do more than my power, it didn't really change my life though it gave me peace of mind.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by IAmHim1: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
hie. if you dont mind my asking, which close-by african country would you advise one to relocate to?
Pentagon007:
My best decision was leaving my comfort zone in Nigeria to a close-by African country, Now I'm working and earning salary in a better currency than Naira and learning to forming strategic relationship/friendship with people. Today my situation is better than 1 year ago when i was in Nigeria and jobless.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Workch: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
Kehinde2017:

I’m very interested sir. How much will be involved?
kindly drop your whatsapp number if you are interested
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by koolaid87: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
Exiting the Zoo

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Kehinde2017: 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Workch:
kindly drop your whatsapp number if you are interested
zero eight zero three eight six six five eight seven one. I’ll be expecting a message from you chief.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by lafakale(m): 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
I left her and, boom,

The mother earth began to reward me generously.

5 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Omuka: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2023
bet9ja:
I decided to stop running after money and decided to learn how to write code at the age of 30. Now I'm 37. Working as a Senior engineer earning 7 digits.
please, how did you start learning it? Self help or you enrolled in a coding class?
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by MrBroke(m): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
vannessa7:

Then change this your moniker, what you are called matter, peace

Lol. Broke means a lot of things, the brain just goes for the one we understand it to be

I might be alright but I'm still broke.

Thanks though 4 the advice

3 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by justmondris: 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deciding to serve Jehovah with all my heart
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Warmaterial(m): 12:01am On Dec 18, 2023
Amerengues2:
Agreeing to the will of God on my life. Never, will I force my decisions, will, aspirations against what God has destined for me. In a nutshell, allowing God to take the lead eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUbwF1VH2g?si=3fZvNgdiIPM6biKD

How much of God's word do you know? Try this and tell. The word of God is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Your word have I hidden in my heart that I may sin no more.
u wan start scamming people through religion Alaye. Nobody dey call anybody na scam if u learn u start scamming people.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by LincolnOnyeabor: 2:43am On Dec 18, 2023
Pentagon007:

Which African country sir if you don't mind me asking??

And do you have a Business?? Or you work?? Or you have a skill??
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:55am On Dec 18, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Rubbish when we have so many jobless scientists. What's so special about science in Nigeria?
Nigerians both leaders and led that hates anything wearing lab coats they hate anything intellectual

Now they are supervising and overseeing the destruction of the health and education sector.

See our best brains emigrating

2 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Nice2023(m): 5:24am On Dec 18, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
After bn a graduate without any source of income, then I decided to learn a trade at 28..lol, I was ridiculed, starved, used to beg for #50 but I became a millionaire at 29..

Thank God for the good and bad old days.

Modified..

For people asking the type of trade..Well, I will explain further..
The trade is cocoa and other commodities trading

Actually, I left lagos which was my residence then to edo to lean a trade in 2019, thanks to the popular advice from nairalanders then which says.."leave ur comfort zone"

By 2019, I was in abject poverty, and after a year of my apprenticeship I decided to work as my oga manager, my first year after apprenticeship I was already worth million.

Now I am contemplating on starting my own brand independently...

I was the one who wrote about the leave ur comfort zone with my first and only moniker...good to hear how that really changed ur life.

Congrats.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:27am On Dec 18, 2023
Workch:
yes but not free.
If I teach you free, you will runaway when it starts getting overwhelmed but when you know that you money is involved, it will motivate you
lol 🤣🤣
They just can't stay, because it is a lonely path to some extent

Staying power is Very important.

That's why they are not breaking through. They're used to handouts
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Mandem2: 6:04am On Dec 18, 2023
The best decisions I made in life were

1. To settle down when I did.

2. To relocate from the UK to US in 2004.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by tammyf: 6:12am On Dec 18, 2023
Graceful101:
Learning how to write movie script. I made something good from it last month.
I have always been very creative with stories but i never really considered myself as a writer and so i never bothered myself with script writing. I never wrote a screenplay until my father died 2021 and i couldn't rely on anybody for help. I have always been well taken care of by my father and so i

didn't know the skill of begging nor have i ever dreamt of having a man solely for the purpose of taking care of my needs.
My father's death almost left me broke. I contacted a movie director with one of my synopsis. He liked it and asked for the screenplay but i told him that i don't script. I called some other directors and i realised that all of them were ok with my synopsis but because i couldn't script, they wouldn't take my story.
Early this year, i contacted a female movie director. She loved my storyline and asked if i could script and i said yes. I didn't plan on saying yes but i did. She told me a story and asked that i write the screenplay. I started with her but she didn't pay me. I even wrote about my bad experience with the said director on nairaland. She called me for a second job which i did. She paid me a paltry sum for the second job. My mom asked me to stop writing but i refused. I wanted to earn from my skill. She called me for a third job and like the first she refused to pay me and i became very angry and told her never to contact me for a job again.
Later i saw the second movie i wrote for her. She already produced it but i was not given credit for my work.
I contacted one of her friends. This friend of hers pacified me and promised to help me. He linked me up to some other movie makers and i started earning. I am grateful to God for this skill he bestowed upon me. I will never beg for money.

How much do they buy a screen play
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Sirchiboy: 6:28am On Dec 18, 2023
Pentagon007:

Which Africa country
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by coputa(m): 7:11am On Dec 18, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

I've stopped carrying family problems on my head.......Tho I was forewarned, but I thought people were only trying to make me hate my fam....

But las las, I've learned in a very hard way....such a way that could have ended my life....But I think my best decision so far this year is that.....
This is the worse decision you have taken, After God,your family is all you have,, don't let them deceive you.carrying family on your head has a lot of rewards
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Dollarboss93: 7:31am On Dec 18, 2023
Unrated900:
I risk a lot..

The day I was owing someone 5 million naira
No way to pay back.
I took one of my customer's car meant for sale for 7m to collect loan of 5m to pay the person am owing 5million.
After the loan was given to me.
Someone in the compound of the person that gave me the loan asked how much is the car because he has been willing to see such car with same Interior which mine carries.
I said pay 10m
He said I will pay 9m
I said oya pay.
He paid 9m
I paid my friend who borrow me his money back of 5.3 with Interest
I ended up paying my customer his own 7m
And also has some cash of 1m plus at hand.
I started doing buying and selling with the money.
Today now I can boast of 50 cars

Mathematically is not possible except you made another money....

You sold the car 9m, you borrowed extra 5m to pay off your previous debt...

The total money that enter your hand : 9m+5m

Total money you should be debited.... 7m for the owner of the car, 5m for existing debt, then the new debt of 5.3m ..... Total debt with you should be 3.3m

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

5 Weird Things Some Naija Girls Do / Maheeda Fantasizes On Twitter About Sleeping With President Jonathan / Top 10 Mentality Of An Average Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.