Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,672 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria (44631 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by kasim155: 10:06am On Dec 25, 2023
Op if your opinion are some how correct to like 30%, but even with all what you listed above, I will still move if I have the opportunity

5 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by kabius(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2023
To add to this: dey your house make oyinbo dey him house
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Antoeni(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2023
12 .Its Easier to Commit Crime Here in Nigeria And Get Away With it

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by CallMeAthena(f): 10:08am On Dec 25, 2023
I still want to 'jakpa'

3 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Alexlalax1(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2023
Eleven reasons....nyen nyen nyen!!! Una dey good in advicing rubbish. Any body that has the means to leave this hellfire for now should not hesitate to do so. Ordinary basis necessities of life which is food, shelter and clothing, an average Nigeria can't afford.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Vegan99: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2023
enemyofprogress:
absolute nonsense
Total balderdash!!

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 10:13am On Dec 25, 2023
santaclaws:
Not a bad idea to have a contrary opinion on Japa, but your claim that Nigerians youths moving to other countries is an act of cowardice is definitely an unreasonable statement.

You didn't take into account that so many people have been struggling in this country even before the economic issues. A lot don't have jobs in Nigeria despite being graduates and most employed people are underpaid.

If the youths aren't cowards, they should stay over and allow visionless politicians, poverty and hyperinflation ruin their lives? Or betterstill, they should take up arms and challenge the government so that they can die for nothing... 😒

Op is clutching hard at straws...! Leave am.

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Xkale1996(m): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.
dey play mumu

With prayers to Almighty Allah everything will go smoothly for we

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by gracealonev: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2023
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Available9: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2023
Lovemeharder:
The pros and cons of Japa cheesy
As for me, I feel it doesn't favor everybody, some will definitely make it there while some will not. It's a 50/50 thing.

What's your definition of make it...?

Gone are those days when people travel abroad and in no time, they will start sending money and building houses...

Living in a society where you have all the basic amenities, but about 75% of your money go for bills...when comparing, compare the 25% with what people earn in Nigeria...in business, it is called take home...

Someone who earns 3000 dollars every month abroad and pays bills of 75% is equal to someone who earns N700, 000 in Nigeria... because if that person removes the 75%, he will be left with $700 as take home.

Before you argue with me, rent in abroad is paid on monthly basis and it can be between $1200 to $2000 for most of our Japa brethren

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I just don't seem to like this japa back and forth nonsense. Why should I discourage people from travelling to wherever they think is comfortable for them? undecided

Abeg, anybody wey want japa, make una no relent, forget all these nonsense of "why you shouldn't japa". What nonsense.

Thank God the NIS is making efforts to make japa very easy.

True... People should leave abeg.

At least, the competition for the nearly unavailable jobs will reduce.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by jaksmillioniar: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2023
I sha know dat my children will be citizen one day if is to sell all my property cos d fact is u cant compare.wat we lack as black d white got a lot.i know wat am saying. My friend dat japa in June is enjoying him self snapping pix. His now a citizens

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Menclothing: 10:17am On Dec 25, 2023
Japa if that’s your dream
But whan you Japa and you can’t afford to buy a house in Nigeria after 10 years it’s a waste of fruitful
Years of Japa

If you earn 2m in Nigeria don’t Japa you should travel for holiday only

You better than someone who earn 5000 dollars abroad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2023
The Tribal hate and tribalism alone in Nigeria is worst than racism..

The corruption in this country, nothing is built on merit

Religious fanatics and sycophants

5 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Indispensable85(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2023
OP you're a mumu man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2023
Noted
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Bjteensdes24: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2023
Isokuso. Why are doctors, lecturers and so on leaving too? Be like say where you dey so na en make you dey talk nonsense say make people no japa if opportunity dey. Mtcheew!
FYI, there was a particular lecturer in the department of Architecture when I was in school, he relocated with his family abroad last year. I didn’t expect him to even japa cos of how he took things too serious as if he wanted to be in the school forever. I was shocked when I heard he left and his close friend in same department too resigned

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Confusion everywhere. Do I go or do I stay
same here, I don tire
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lootingbomboy(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.
[/color]there is no reason i won't Japa from naija,even if there is war in America or Canada I go still go live Nigeria make war nor da period.

Nothing anybody want tell me[color=#006600]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by koyeni(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2023
Here we go again

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by elasticlala: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2023
It’ is only someone who has not traveled out of Nigeria or been to US, Canada, UK, Finland, even SA et al. before that can be giving this lopsided advice.

7 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I just don't seem to like this japa back and forth nonsense. Why should I discourage people from travelling to wherever they think is comfortable for them? undecided

Abeg, anybody wey want japa, make una no relent, forget all these nonsense of "why you shouldn't japa". What nonsense.

Thank God the NIS is making efforts to make japa very easy.
wink
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by PJ123: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2023
Angelfrost:
Op, most of your points are blatant, needless, and laughable LIES! grin

But, it's okay... I can understand the need to soothe your personal deficiencies.

Personally, I'm neither for nor against migration...!

Whatever reasons people have for leaving their countries, we should respect them. Same way those choosing to stay back should be equally respected.

None should be deemed better than the other... This is why I find both Pro-Japa and Anti-japa posts/threads very STUPID!

No man or woman should be told or unduly influenced about his or her choices... If Nigeria is not working for you, and you know out there will meet your life expectations, then don't hesitate to get out.

On the other hand, if Nigeria affords you the best of life, ignore these Japarians... Stay back, and live your best life.

At the end, whether in Nigeria or abroad, happiness is the same.

You nailed in the box. It can't be better said!!!
God bless you!!!
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Sevenworldpower(m): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

6.) No Racism:

Migration is as old as human history. If you don't have reasonable and stable source of income, you can Japa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by vacanci: 10:25am On Dec 25, 2023
madone:
So I beg to disagree with all your points

-The only one that came close to reality is racism. But in Nigeria we have tribalism and Nepotism.

-brother Nigerian youths work abroad pay tax and have value for their money. What is the essence of spending money to buy light unit bit you never get light.
What is the meaning of recharging your TV subscription but never get to see light to watch the programs on it till its expires

-What is the use of paying Tax and your government cant show you what the tax is used for or do you think we don't pay tax in Nigeria? Well let me tell u some of us do.

-Who told you Nigeria is is safe. In Nigeria there many ways to die in a day.
I from bokoharam, to herdsmen, kidnappers, ritualistic, hit and run drivers., palmpay, sharkloan
JAPA has helped many families so never call people who japa cowards it's simply means you don't know the meaning of the word coward

oya na, please can you name one Nigerian in diaspora who is a billionaire on Forbes list? abeg i want to know too since u disagree with that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Difrent: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

God bless you for this post. Made my Christmas .
You don't have to force anyone to agree with your opinion....the reasonable ones among us know you said nothing but the truth
I have repeatedly said it that those japaing are those that already have more than most of us...

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Alive2018: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2023
It is reason no 1, that I understand/agree personally.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Available9:

What's your definition of make it...?

Gone are those days when people travel abroad and in no time, they will start sending money and building houses...

Living in a society where you have all the basic amenities, but about 75% of your money go for bills...when comparing, compare the 25% with what people earn in Nigeria...in business, it is called take home...

Someone who earns 2000 dollars every month abroad and pays bills of 75% is equal to someone who earns N500, 000 in Nigeria... because if that person removes the 75%, he will be left with $500 as take home.

Before you argue with me, rent in abroad is paid on monthly basis and it can be between $750 to $2000 for most of our Japa brethren

You are not being objective.

Don't demonize something without proper facts and balance.

The only reason many of you people think this Nigerian existence is better than abroad is strictly because of subsidy and poor taxation practices, which are the main reasons this nation has retrogressed so badly since Independence coupled with Corruption of course.

If Nigeria were a model nation, you would pay more taxes, and have less to brag about.

Imagine a country were even the wealthy evade taxes and cheat on revenue... How can that nation grow?!! Does Nigeria look like a normal country to you?!! Do average Nigerians look like people living normal lives?!!

Is it even normal for people to live and work daily with epileptic power supply, insecurity, poor healthcare, etc?!!

The problem with many of you is that you worship Money so much that you forget that there is something called decent and healthy communal living.

See... It makes more sense to contribute even half of your monthly income to ensuring ideal standard of living than padding up your savings account while you live like derelicts in a society rotting away due to infrastructural and economic decline.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Kingosytex(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

Wetin be more easier?
It's easy, easier, easiest.
Easier is the comparative of easy while easiest is the superlative.
What on earth is 'more easier?'

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Ayokequeen(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

6.) No Racism:

If not that I'm holding my temper I would have cursed you. With all these rubbish points you're giving against japa, have you ever seen anyone who is there and come back home to stay? You guys advocating against japa we know you wella. Some of you are agent of politicians, kidnappers and the likes who are afraid that the well meaning people are already leaving the country which is a very bad omen for your devilish business.

The truth is when you're there, you will have rest of mind with whatever you have and you will be able to think straight and plan for what's next in your life. I'm only talking about serious ones not the lazy mofos that there constituting nuisance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Jayhome24: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2023
They are never going to listen. Can I tell you the truth? Devil and his hosts haven't finished their mission by creating Japa syndrome to destroys lives, break homes, destroyed finances, set people who have survived hustling back to square one, frustration and failure untill the mission completed by the Lucifer give them 100 reason not to Japa they won't listen.

A property worth over N100m was sold to a friend for N30m just a months ago even my friend was telling the family this house is worth than this pls don't sell this property the wife refused to yield and the house was gone and they are in Canada since then with no place to sleep with 2 kids is that not a curse?

Pls don't advise them let them Japa dem eyes go clear when they reach their Japa destination, dem no dey telli pesin....in Timaya voice.

I will never stop anyone not to Japa infact sell your life to Japa good for you.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by saddler: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2023
The carefree and wrong use of words... that traveling abroad for economic reason is cowardice and stupidity.

The creator of this thread must be high on something

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Truck Filled With Bottles Crashes At Iyana-Ipaja In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Nnewi In Anambra State / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.