Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,425 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria (44626 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by vacanci: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2023
UnfairLife7:
it is better to wash oyinbo yansh and earn in dollars and pounds, sends money home to your family and establish businesses than being jobless in Nigeria or at most being underemployed earning meagre 30k minimum wage

The last time i checked Nigeria top the ladder of poverty and unemployment in the world. An average Nigerians cannot afford 3 square meal daily while their corrupt leaders stacked up their various bank account with trillions of naira if not dollars and properties across the globe. an average Nigerians cannot afford to buy a bag of rice that was previously 8k during Jonathan government but now around 70k during your emilokan government. an average Nigerians celebrated Christmas on empty stomach. an average Nigerians don't have access to quality healthcare and education.

FYI, Nigerians traveling abroad aren't going there to compete with the top 100 richest people in Nigeria. They left Nigeria to better their lives and loved ones, live a descent life and be able to afford just anything without thinking twice. they relocated to fulfill their dreams as naija is a dream Killer. they give birth to citizens in those sane countries to secure the future of their children and unborn children. at least most Nigerian in diaspora if not all are better than 95% of Nigerians living in Nigeria that could barely afford descent meal daily. they're far better than 95% of Nigerians living in Nigeria. their $1 or £1 will feed some family in Nigeria

Nigerians in Diaspora are far better than Nigerians living in Nigeria that could barely afford 3 square meal daily

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/7920660/shelter-where-some-nigerians-living

Living and Dying in Canada…It's a Hard Life For Nigerians ..
https://www.thecapital.ng/canad/

Japa: Residents live in cemetery, streets as rents soar ...
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/japa-residents-live-in-cemetery-streets-as-rents-soar-in-canada/

Dabiri-Erewa visits stranded Nigerians in Canada, cautions ...
https://www.thecable.ng/dabiri-erewa-visits-stranded-nigerians-in-canada-cautions-against-illegal-migration

Stranded Nigerians in Canada: When 'Japa' Leads to 'Sapa'
https://developmentdiaries.com/stranded-nigerians-in-canada-when-japa-leads-to-sapa/
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by UnfairLife7(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2023
vacanci:

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/7920660/shelter-where-some-nigerians-living

Living and Dying in Canada…It's a Hard Life For Nigerians ..
https://www.thecapital.ng/canad/

Japa: Residents live in cemetery, streets as rents soar ...
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/japa-residents-live-in-cemetery-streets-as-rents-soar-in-canada/

Dabiri-Erewa visits stranded Nigerians in Canada, cautions ...
https://www.thecable.ng/dabiri-erewa-visits-stranded-nigerians-in-canada-cautions-against-illegal-migration

Stranded Nigerians in Canada: When 'Japa' Leads to 'Sapa'
https://developmentdiaries.com/stranded-nigerians-in-canada-when-japa-leads-to-sapa/

all these doesn't stop Nigeria from topping the ladder of POVERTY and UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE WORLD

Check around, more than half of your neighbors don't have what to eat tomorrow, while their corrupt leaders wallow in trillions worth of cash and properties

The fact that most Nigerian in diaspora are better than 95% of Nigerians living in Nigeria is enough reason why they're relocating

Their reality is an average Nigerians prayer points that may never come to fruition unless they JAPA

iree o

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Arrowss(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.

I agree with you, however, What is going on in Nigeria is far more than the reasons you said are the only reasons you can support mass migration. this: (serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict). Nigeria matter don pass this ones wey you mention so.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
UnfairLife7:
you're here making comments on Seun platform. I'm very sure you're older than Seun. when would you think of creating your own platform and make it grow like Seun?

what's your point
Does Seun do what I do
Why would I need to copy Seun
Where your platform

don't be like your corrupt politicians that are known for talking without doing.
but you're talking a lot and Nigeria still a shithole

What's your point
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Kingrshd3: 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2023
madone:

I still cant remember when prepaid meter became a bank to save money. Or an investment to fix in your money.
Japa has given many financial freedom and given them leverage don't worry for their japa. Nigerian don't travel as much as Indians, or Chinese stop making a big deal out if nothing. Your brothers abroad keeps discouraging Nigerian from coming. You in Nigerian don't want people to go. Tell me something are you running a slave network.

If u want to Japa fine but give me names of 5 people that after Japa they make wealth like Wizkid Davido and portable, Otedola Dangote and Tony Elumelu 🤔.
So if u name them then I will believe Japa means financial freedom for life 🤔
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Kingrshd3: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
Lifeinlight:
ask yourself why Nigerians top the ladder of poverty and unemployment in the world.

In the world 🌎 🌎 😳

What about other African countries that are looking up to Nigeria as a big and great Africa 🤔

If Nigeria is d worst then we do see other countries too that came to naija to hustle..
Chinese company are in Naija .
Some white too are in Naija and naija is d worst in d world 🤔

Plz don't follow propaganda but try to verify some lies

This are d lies they do tell u guys. ..
Show me statistics for ur evidence
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Kingrshd3: 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2023
Don't be brainwashed 🧠
The billionaires u mentioned where did they make their billions is d question ⁉️

Otedola
Dangote
Tony Elumelu
Etc
Na UK and US Dem make their wealth 😳😳😲😳

Even so many millionaires that are not popular go to LEKKI banana Island and see them ..

I guess u are typing from one village in Tanzania Abi mtheew

headboyprince:
ask yourself why most billionaries and politicians are travelling out of Nigeria at every slightest opportuniity. show me a billionaire who doesnt have a visa abroad and i will delete my nairaland account? so you're telling me if i stay in nigeria i will automatically become a billionaire you must be a joker.. how many percent of Nigerians are billionaires...? for every 1 billionaire there are 10 millionaire poor nigerians.
people live nigeria for a better life and future my friend not billionaire shit.

so just shut your crap..
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2023
Kingrshd3:

If u want to Japa fine but give me names of 5 people that after Japa they make wealth like Wizkid Davido and portable, Otedola Dangote and Tony Elumelu 🤔.
So if u name them then I will believe Japa means financial freedom for life 🤔
lol thank you very much for this reply. One thing you must understand is that popularity is not success. There are many wealthy Nigerians who japa has made very wealthy who are are not popular on social media. Or TV. There are people I know who can't even boast of 100k job in Nigerian but since they japa they earn more than 100k in one hour. But let me say also that the people you mentioned made more money when they went international. The likes of burna wizkid and Tony elumelu all have international connections that made them wealthy Wizkid does more foreign tour than local tour, same with burna same with many Nigerian celebrities etc. Let me also tell you that many civil servants loby for foreign vacations. Police, army, immigration loby for peace keeping mission abroad. Many many . I follow Tony elumelu on Facebook and ig. The guy travels like something else. My brother japa has given the poor man pikin hope of making it. I have friends who you may not know even if I mentioned them here. Their lives have changed since they japa. I am not forcing you to leave Nigeria there are some of us who travel and come back. But I will not stay online and watch one person deceive young Nigerians on the issue of japa. If all was rosy politicians won't send their children abroad for study. Let me also remind you too my brother that there was a time we were the ones complaining that these people are sending their children abroad did they listen no. Now that we are doing our own japa all hell is let loosed to stop the poor man pikin. They pay bloggers, they hold meeting and conference to stop or discourage japa. All of a sudden its the poor man pikin that will stay to defend and develop the country even when our votes don't count. While their children thy travelled abroad come back to be given appointment in government and job in oil companies. Come my friend tell me when last you heard that NNPC posted a job vacancy? See I am not posting here against fallacies on japa cos of me I am posting cos of the young man out there. Some fools will say they bought Fanta at 2pounds that is about 1200naira. While in Nigeria Fanta is 200naira. I will also let you know that its easier to use 2pounds in London tha 200naira in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Kingrshd3: 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2023
madone:
lol thank you very much for this reply. One thing you must understand is that popularity is not success. There are many wealthy Nigerians who japa has made very wealthy who are are not popular on social media. Or TV. There are people I know who can't even boast of 100k job in Nigerian but since they japa they earn more than 100k in one hour. But let me say also that the people you mentioned made more money when they went international. The likes of burna wizkid and Tony elumelu all have international connections that made them wealthy Wizkid does more foreign tour than local tour, same with burna same with many Nigerian celebrities etc. Let me also tell you that many civil servants loby for foreign vacations. Police, army, immigration loby for peace keeping mission abroad. Many many . I follow Tony elumelu on Facebook and ig. The guy travels like something else. My brother japa has given the poor man pikin hope of making it. I have friends who you may not know even if I mentioned them here. Their lives have changed since they japa. I am not forcing you to leave Nigeria there are some of us who travel and come back. But I will not stay online and watch one person deceive young Nigerians on the issue of japa. If all was rosy politicians won't send their children abroad for study. Let me also remind you too my brother that there was a time we were the ones complaining that these people are sending their children abroad did they listen no. Now that we are doing our own japa all hell is let loosed to stop the poor man pikin. They pay bloggers, they hold meeting and conference to stop or discourage japa. All of a sudden its the poor man pikin that will stay to defend and develop the country even when our votes don't count. While their children thy travelled abroad come back to be given appointment in government and job in oil companies. Come my friend tell me when last you heard that NNPC posted a job vacancy? See I am not posting here against fallacies on japa cos of me I am posting cos of the young man out there. Some fools will say they bought Fanta at 2pounds that is about 1200naira. While in Nigeria Fanta is 200naira. I will also let you know that its easier to use 2pounds in London tha 200naira in Nigeria.

U can still Japa bro the people u mentioned did they live there or they visited and come back 🤔

Japa is not for everybody that just what saying in essence
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by CapitalBank: 9:00am On Dec 28, 2023
cococandy:

1)You can’t say something is overstated if you are not the one experiencing it.

2)And you’re wrong . Both about who experiences tribalism in Nigeria and the cause of it.

3)And your solution is a non-solution. We shouldn’t have to be okay with mistreatment regardless of what you believe the former generation did or didn’t do.

4)Do You really think we are a minority that can’t win in a free and fair election? I have news for you.

This nairaland sef. One day you’re vibing with someone the next day you find out they are okay with some type of oppression or bigotry that you couldn’t have imagined. Guess I should learn to manage my expectations. Oh well.

Sha I hope you had a good Christmas. (If that’s something you celebrate).

You have always stood on the place of truth since I knew you here. Didn’t know you are Igbo.

As for these ones, the only place people like him thrive is on nairaland. They have been destroyed on twitter
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2023
Kingrshd3:

U can still Japa bro the people u mentioned did they live there or they visited and come back 🤔

as I said bf my brother its not about me but for people who needs to hear. Our talks changes nothing. People are making their decision each sec of the day. Na money dey hold people not the plenty grammar spoken here. On this i rest my case nice sharing ideas with you bro.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 1:58am On Dec 29, 2023
CapitalBank:

You have always stood on the place of truth sincere knew you here. Didn’t know you are Igbo.

Thank you cheesy

Yes I’m an Adanne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 7:14am On Dec 29, 2023
cococandy:

Thank you cheesy

Yes I’m an Adanne

Madam CoCo
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by 79733139(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2023
Almost all the anti-japa campaigners on Nairaland.com at some point in their lives tried to immigrate to countries like UK, Canada, France, Australia etc and were denied visa. Now, they spend their days trying to convince people that "Japa" is not good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2023
jaybee3:

Madam CoCo
happy holidays 👋🏾.

Long time
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2023
cococandy:
happy holidays 👋🏾.

Long time

Happy Holidays

How fam?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2023
jaybee3:

Happy Holidays

How fam?

Wonderful. Can’t complain

And yours?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2023
cococandy:

Wonderful. Can’t complain

And yours?

Likewise
Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2023
NICEEY:

You knew all this and you allowed yourself to be born in Nigeria. See him typing as if he has lived there in the US. Is it not that same US where people are going homeless daily because they can't afford the rent there. And is it not same US where thousands of lives have been lost this year due to gun violence. I can also go on and on. So anyone who travels to the US now has dual citizenship, just see your retarded brain. So there are no white men who live in Nigeria and also have citizenship baa. Who is fussing? You are the one crying. Someone made a post of his opinion and I commented on it, you decided on your own to reply to my comment and now you forming the victim after you attaced first. Mr Man u can Japa tonight I will even pray for you to reach safely, of what use are you in Nigeria. ABEG SHIFT.
Your country is a 3rd world nation and underdeveloped

Top poverty and unemployment ladder
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2023
Kingrshd3:

who aak you to japa? Allow anybody that want to japa to japa in peace. you can stay in your Nigeria forever

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Kingrshd3: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2023
Lifeinlight:
who aak you to japa? Allow anybody that want to japa to japa in peace. you can stay in your Nigeria forever

God bless you after all if everybody leave d country who will build it and those countries their citizens where there to develope their nation ..

Yet you will still abuse the government and all ur families are still in Naija right 👍..

Good luck bro ..

Everybody cannot Japa
Everybody cannot be successful
Everybody cannot have a car house or whatever ..

If YOU LIKE JAPA IT DOESN'T DEYERMINE YOUR SUCCESS IN LIFE RATHER YOU JUST CHANGED LOCATION........

DONT QUOTE ME.WRONG IF YOU ARENT JAPA BEFORE PLZ because U WILL HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT
It's all depends on FATE bro
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by NICEEY: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
Lifeinlight:
Your country is a 3rd world nation and underdeveloped

Top poverty and unemployment ladder

Is that all you have to say? SHAME ON YOU.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Preciousese(f): 8:43am On Mar 03
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.

Hafa this your opinion for 2024 march,how is the Nigeria going for you
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by 79733139(m): 5:24pm On Mar 03
Preciousese:

Hafa this your opinion for 2024 march,how is the Nigeria going for you

The OP wrote the article because he or she doesn't have the means to japa. Nothing has changed.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by HumaJackson: 8:37pm On Mar 05
DISCLAIMER:
While discussing mass migration, it's crucial to note the importance of staying informed about local emergency healthcare options like emergency room services and urgent care clinics. Moving abroad can raise concerns about accessing immediate medical attention, especially in times of crisis. Moreover, integrating into a new healthcare system may present challenges, highlighting the value of communal support networks found in Nigeria. Considering factors like security, cultural adjustment, and healthcare access, it's essential to weigh the decision to 'japa' carefully.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by santaclaws: 6:39pm On Mar 10
Cromagnon:

They are Cowards
Call a spade a spade

They shud struggle harder

How did politician ruin them
Is it pols that said they shud'nt farm or manufacture?

when americans and europeans took up arms against their govts, did they die for nothing?
Why are you now drumming to nothing

Those who are farming are they even safe from Fulani herdsmen? You've heard of many incidents where Fulani would graze their animals on people's farm lands with nobody to be held accountable. Hectares upon hectares of farmlands destroyed, years of hardwork wasted... I won't even curse you but your statement is an insult to hard working Nigerians.

Buhari pampered herdsmen for 8 years and refuse to get farmers justice because of tribe and you're saying nonsense.

Don't come here and start saying your family members are lazy when the country isn't even conducive for business.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 6:05am On Mar 14
santaclaws:

Those who are farming are they even safe from Fulani herdsmen?

Were Americans safe?
Or did the safety fall from heaven?

You've heard of many incidents where Fulani would graze their animals on people's farm lands with nobody to be held accountable. Hectares upon hectares of farmlands destroyed, years of hardwork wasted... I won't even curse you but your statement is an insult to hard working Nigerians.

You think you have a monopoly of curses?
After we curse ourself
What will change?
Funny how you always have power on nairaland but not on the farm or at voting booth

Buhari pampered herdsmen for 8 years and refuse to get farmers justice because of tribe and you're saying nonsense.

Bulgari is one man
If 200 million ppl are lazy then they deserve to be conquered and enslaved

Don't come here and start saying your family members are lazy when the country isn't even conducive for business.
Lazy man will always blame everything but the common denominator, you?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by santaclaws: 6:49am On Mar 14
Cromagnon:

Were Americans safe?
Or did the safety fall from heaven?

You think you have a monopoly of curses?
After we curse ourself
What will change?
Funny how you always have power on nairaland but not on the farm or at voting booth

Bulgari is one man
If 200 million ppl are lazy then they deserve to be conquered and enslaved

Lazy man will always blame everything but the common denominator, you?

You can carry your thick ponmo lips and keep comparing Nigerians to Americans. You're not even worth the time... I thought u had something upstairs. 😏
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 9:32pm On Mar 16
santaclaws:

You can carry your thick ponmo lips and keep comparing Nigerians to Americans. You're not even worth the time... I thought u had something upstairs. 😏
Run away like the lazy man you are
Only insult you Sabi
Can't defend his mumuLity

But you will learn
The hard way
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by 79733139(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17
He lives abroad and is one of those Nigerians who likes discouraging people from immigrating.

santaclaws:

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by santaclaws: 3:06pm On Mar 17
79733139:
He lives abroad and is one of those Nigerians who likes discouraging people from immigrating.

I thought as much. Only someone who is shielded from the current realities of the country can afford to say such careless things. They leave this country and get a better life outside, then all of a sudden, it's ordinary Nigerians who have always been the problem and not the thieving politicians...

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by vacanci: 3:52pm On Apr 02
UnfairLife7:
all these doesn't stop Nigeria from topping the ladder of POVERTY and UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE WORLD

Check around, more than half of your neighbors don't have what to eat tomorrow, while their corrupt leaders wallow in trillions worth of cash and properties

The fact that most Nigerian in diaspora are better than 95% of Nigerians living in Nigeria is enough reason why they're relocating

Their reality is an average Nigerians prayer points that may never come to fruition unless they JAPA

iree o

https://www.nairaland.com/8049349/man-shows-outdoor-camp-occupied

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Discriminating Experience In Poland / Truck Filled With Bottles Crashes At Iyana-Ipaja In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Nnewi In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.