Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria (44622 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Think Well Before You β€˜Japa’ β€” Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Offpointng: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Basicend:
If you have the opportunity and God is not leading you to stay in Nigeria, you can japa o.

But God showed me that Nigeria will regain her balance later. I am very certain of this, and those that held it's pillars in the trying times will give direction and earn authority in the stable season.

God never lied to me. It will take a lot of strenght and clarity to stay now, so go, if you don't understand the mysteries of the spirit.

Hmmm. used to believe this bfr but omo
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by headboyprince(m): 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
Available9:

What's your definition of make it...?

Gone are those days when people travel abroad and in no time, they will start sending money and building houses...

Living in a society where you have all the basic amenities, but about 75% of your money go for bills...when comparing, compare the 25% with what people earn in Nigeria...in business, it is called take home...

Someone who earns 3000 dollars every month abroad and pays bills of 75% is equal to someone who earns N700, 000 in Nigeria... because if that person removes the 75%, he will be left with $700 as take home.

Before you argue with me, rent in abroad is paid on monthly basis and it can be between $1200 to $2000 for most of our Japa brethren
na lie... who will earn 3k per month and pay 2k as rent.. do you know what a 2k per month house looks like..a well furnished one bedroom flat wont cost more than 500 - 1k per month. so just stop the lies okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by BigBashiru: 6:31pm On Dec 25, 2023
slydog:

You failed to identify health care. You are one sickness away from death in our comatose health sector.

Few moments ago, I witnessed someone collapsed on the street and 911 was called while on the phone they were telling the caller how to position his body and do CPR while doing cpr fire service came with their medical team and began resuscitation, less than 5 mins later emergency medical service came in. It was my first time witnessing such, what I did was to count the number of paramedics on ground for one person. I counted 7. They had mini versions of a number of medical equipment I don't know which they used to resuscitate him, while they were prepping to put him into the ambulance police arrived to ask some questions.

This was just someone walking on the street. If this happens in Nigeria, that fellow is gone, not only do we have no one to call for emergency medical services, but the fact that all fellow Nigerians will do is to gather round, block fresh air, shout eyah, video you in your dying moments and maybe pray that God accepts you into paradise.

Here, I see people moving and driving with mobile oxygen with hose connected to their noses and still functioning. I've met someone walking with colostrum bags and functioning well, and smoking his crystal meth. The fact that he cant pass shit normally wont even kill him, rather its OD from his crystal meth that'(( kill him. Meanwhile, my mother inlaw almost died of intestinal obstruction.

The fact that life is valued and precious here supercedes all these facts which if I even want to tackle, I'll tackle all.
Your money will not save you when medical emergencies happen and you're told there's either no doc available, or no equipment/outdated equipment, or no power.
Talking about easy to become millionaire, I met a Nigerian real estate Millionaire here in Canada. There are others. Truth is in these societies, you really don't have to be a Millionaire to enjoy the good things of life. I arrived Canada last year, I'm not a Millionaire but I already have carribean boat cruise and vacation to Cacun next year. Racism? Forget that, we have our version in Nigeria in different dimensions.
If you want to stay back in Nigeria, by all means, if you have the means to japa, do it the right way. I even feel coming in as a student is a waste of money, though I realize that's the only option for some, just ensure whichever process you use is legit.

You just arrived in canada...in 7 yrs or less when you realize how grossly anti-social Canada is you will be back in Nigeria....
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by headboyprince(m): 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
kazyhm:
The only incentive for relocating to the west is the exchange rate.....nothing more...

The working conditions is far worse.
The taste of their food is another disaster for an immigrant.

Nigerian in the west are only pretending to be better off than those in Nigeria.....and to perfect the lies.......they post their earrings and expenditures in Naira online.........what else can be deceiptful that earnings and spending in dollars but your calculation is in naira..........gross inferiority complex at it peak

One of my uncle in New York told; when you leave that country (Nigeria) then you'll understand how bad the country is....... meanwhile up till now, he is unable to secure a reasonable career driven job....
no it's not exchange rate, but rather quality and standard of living. an average citizen cant afford anything again, and to add to that, there is no value of life in nigeria and no future. people live for their sanity sake and future, not for some bullshit, you're talking about... consigning food taste and working conditions you must be a joker...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2023
NICEEY:

That's exactly what am doing, am telling everyone. At this level anybody waiting for any politician to fix this country so that he can enjoy is a fool. Yes I said what I said. [b]Are there not a lot of hungry people in the US? [/b]Or is it because Africans love to showcase their own problems for the world to see? Even if someone would fix this country pls tell me is it in the next twenty years with how everything is going. Nigerians are the ones who will even try everything to stop him, as long as he is not their candidate, so what are you saying? See our lives are left to us if we like we can just wail and suffer and if we like we can try to help ourselves and find a way out. Upon everything happening in Nigeria some people are still moving from poverty to riches every year. So Mr Man keep your bitterness to yourself.
would you compare the poverty in Nigeria to that of the US?

Would you compare unemployment in Nigeria to that of the US?

Would you compare healthcare in Nigeria to that of the US?

Would you compare education in Nigeria to that of the US?

Would you compare life expectancy in Nigeria to that of the US?

Would you compare minimum wage in Nigeria to that of the US?

Would you compare the infrastructure in Nigeria to that of the US?

Would you compare HDI in Nigeria to that of the US?

I can always go on and on.

I am not telling you we are waiting for government to fix Nigeria. We all know God never create the person that will fix this country.

That is the reason why the Nigerians that could afford to japa are running away. So what's the fuss about their relocation? The last time i checked they didn't borrow money from any of you to relocate

If your country is good they won't runaway to another country, afterall your corrupt leaders are also running to those countries too and they have dual citizenship of the so called countries, including their Families.

Make una rest abeg

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by teflonrozay(m): 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ayokequeen:

If not that I'm holding my temper I would have cursed you. With all these rubbish points you're giving against japa, have you ever seen anyone who is there and come back home to stay? You guys advocating against japa we

know you wella. Some of you are agent of politicians, kidnappers and the likes who are afraid that the well meaning people are already leaving the country which is a very bad omen for your devilish business [color=#006600][/color]

The truth is when you're there, you will have rest of mind with whatever you have and you will be able to think straight and plan for what's next in your life. I'm only talking about serious ones not the lazy mofos that there constituting nuisance.

Omo you dey para ooo...Abeg leave the guy make him breathe...Ni swear for amπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Offpointng: 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2023
jaksmillioniar:
I sha know dat my children will be citizen one day if is to sell all my property cos d fact is u cant compare.wat we lack as black d white got a lot.i know wat am saying. My friend dat japa in June is enjoying him self snapping pix. His now a citizens

If I'm to nominate someone I know that can be easily f-ooled, you'd be first on my list

Tru tru baba u mumu grin

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by headboyprince(m): 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2023
Kingrshd3:

Japa and learn hard way if u think d grass is greener over there ..

Ask urself how many japarians have made billions like Otedola Wizkid Dangote I am waiting
ask yourself why most billionaries and politicians are travelling out of Nigeria at every slightest opportuniity. show me a billionaire who doesnt have a visa abroad and i will delete my nairaland account? so you're telling me if i stay in nigeria i will automatically become a billionaire you must be a joker.. how many percent of Nigerians are billionaires...? for every 1 billionaire there are 10 millionaire poor nigerians.
people live nigeria for a better life and future my friend not billionaire shit.

so just shut your crap..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2023
BigBashiru:

You just arrived in canada...in 7 yrs or less when you realize how grossly anti-social Canada is you will be back in Nigeria....
LoL

Back to a capital of poverty?
Back to a capital of unemployment?
Back to a capital of lawlessness?
Back to a capital of insecurity?
Back to a capital where their leaders stole the masses resources running in trillions of naira if not dollars, while the masses cannot afford 3 square meal daily
Back to a place where their citizens celebrate Christmas on empty stomach?
Back to a place where an average Nigerians cannot afford a bag of rice?
Back to a place where an average Nigerians don't know where their next meal will come from?
Back to a place where bokoharam, bandit, herdsmen, kidnappers, armed-roberry, ritualist, pick pocket, cyber fraudsters are on the rise?

Dey play

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2023
Kingrshd3:

Japa and learn hard way if u think d grass is greener over there ..

Ask urself how many japarians have made billions like Otedola Wizkid Dangote I am waiting
ask yourself why Nigerians top the ladder of poverty and unemployment in the world.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2023
teflonrozay:

Omo you dey para ooo...Abeg leave the guy make him breathe...Ni swear for amπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
they deserve to be cursed. They are bunch of nonentity working for this useless government

Na mumu dey fit convince not to japa if he/she has the means

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2023
Cromagnon:
Nah
Our albatross is laziness
Gulf states are nepotist ,tribalism, and religious
So are western states
And they are all greedy
Laziness is your problem
you just dey write rubbish. Laziness kill you there

There's no country in the world that you won't find Nigerian. Your useless leaders that you asslick will soon come for you someday no worry
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by chaloskyx: 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

By being a fraudster, or being a corrupt politician its quite easy because Nigerians worship them making money legitimately is hard but illegally very easy

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad: maybe in US where guns are legal to carry on but the rest of the west is more secure than Nigeria

6.) No Racism:
Lol well if you classify Racism and Tribalism as meaning the same terms Nigeria is on equal footing as the racism experienced abroad in fact abroad its better because its called subtle racism while in Nigeria its evident that some ethnic tribes are regarded as outcasts and im referring to the Igbos who receive hate from both the west and north at least in the west you know they hate you because you dont look like them but in Nigeria you look like them live with them and they still see you as an outcast for me the racism abroad is better than back home

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Not anymore since the removal of subsidy we are now on par with the west and to be honest earning minimum wage abroad is better than earning 30k in Nigeria you can only survive by cutting corners

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

Lol yep but the average Nigerian who works hard can afford a home and is able to drive any car he wants put that hard work in Nigeria and you would live your life in a rented apartment and driving 3rd hand cars. its only a rat race if you live beyond your means abroad if you can only by a condo dont go for a duplex if you can afford a brand new corolla don't buy a brand new Mercedes its quite simple but you would live well if you work hard and be proud of your achievement's abroad unlike Nigeria where the rich oppress you with phones cars and houses which the average Nigerian working hard abroad can afford

IN A NUT SHELL IF YOU ARE HARD WORKING HAVE THE REQUISITE SKILLS STAYING ABROAD IS WAY BETTER THAN NIGERIA IF I WANT TO HAVE FUN I CAN TRAVEL DOWN QUARTERLY SPEND A WEEK IN NAIJA TO JAYE AND GO BACK TO MY ABODE LIFE ISNT ALL ABOUT CRUISE AND JAYE THERE ARE MORE THINGD TO LIFE THAN THE FAKE SAD AND MISRABLE LIFESTYLE IN NIGERIA LEAVE IF YOU CAN ARNT YOU TIRED OF SUFFERING

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by NICEEY: 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:

I am not telling you we are waiting for government to fix Nigeria. We all know God never create the person that will fix this country.

That is the reason why the Nigerians that could afford to japa are running away. So what's the fuss about their relocation? The last time i checked they didn't borrow money from any of you to relocate

If your country is good they won't runaway to another country, afterall your corrupt leaders are also running to those countries too and they have dual citizenship of the so called countries, including their Families.

Make una rest abeg

You knew all this and you allowed yourself to be born in Nigeria. See him typing as if he has lived there in the US. Is it not that same US where people are going homeless daily because they can't afford the rent there. And is it not same US where thousands of lives have been lost this year due to gun violence. I can also go on and on. So anyone who travels to the US now has dual citizenship, just see your retarded brain. So there are no white men who live in Nigeria and also have citizenship baa. Who is fussing? You are the one crying. Someone made a post of his opinion and I commented on it, you decided on your own to reply to my comment and now you forming the victim after you attaced first. Mr Man u can Japa tonight I will even pray for you to reach safely, of what use are you in Nigeria. ABEG SHIFT.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by LZAA: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2023
I read some serious rubbish on NL and i mean serious rubbish but this takes the cake
Your points are so dense i laughed all through while reading themπŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Smh

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by LZAA: 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:

Make una rest abeg
They always tend to avoid discussing those points you listed thereπŸ˜„

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by bejick(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2023
Cromagnon:
Nah
Our albatross is laziness
Gulf states are nepotist ,tribalism, and religious
So are western states
And they are all greedy
Laziness is your problem

Nigerian are not really lazy, all over the world Nigerian represent very well. All we have is bad Polithiefians stealing our national wealth.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by 1TrippleCee: 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
santaclaws:

Oga, park well! Mr "I have people abroad". Nobody forced you to relocate na, so please rest.

If you don't have what it takes to get a good job abroad, let those who can go their way.

You people can talk o
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by 1TrippleCee: 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
IF NIGERIA is truly better at raising kids, who is then responsible for these Adults and Kids conducting widespread Jungle Justice across Nigeria.

No day passes without hearing cases similar to that of Deborah, even in higher institutions.
Just at the mere screaming of Thief, humans in Nigeria roll out Tyres, petrols and their phones.
Who own those Kids and Adults.?
Are they also part of the well nurtured kids.

Are our politicians well raised?
Are our Clergymen well raised?
Who is truly well raised in Nigeria?

Sometimes you Guys come up with baseless facts in the midst of ravaging fire.

grin My stomach o
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by OChimex: 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.

Lol.. all these assumptions/lies or half truth, are based on hearsay or blog news.
The only thing correct in what you said is Weather.. because all weather's in the US go extreme. Extreme cold, hotter than the hottest in Nigeria, rains extrem..
Mind you on racism, my job requires me going to client houses, like 5 a day. They treat you better than fellow blacks will treat you in nigeria..
They have farmers market or sprout stores where you get natural/organic foods.
Being successful in the US is guaranteed πŸ’―
The tax is - pay as you earn, but the tax money is utilized so well that it makes life easier fir you.
Security in US is a million times better, houses are built with woods, you rarely hear break in. Cars are parked on the streets. Use expensive phones, jewelries. The criminals in Nigeria are more brutal, they kill for fun.
Drive expensive cars any time of the night, no fear.
You said cost of living is cheaper in nigeria. Lol, its because people no dey eat or buy what they need in life. People celebrate eating chicken, lol, snap pics at groceries. Celebrate drinking wine,..buy Aba shoes instead of Nike, Adidas, Jordan. Buy Chinko phones instead of Apple. Let Nigerians normalize good living, you go see their salaries or income will last them 1 week.
Nigerians are just religious, but wicked. US aren't religious, but most are more likely to treat you better.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2023
Thinktwicemybro:

The op is a childish person. He is not exposed and he surely does not have major investment in Nigeria. He may be a school teacher. Most of his points lacked reality. I have a business and I pay tax to local council yearly but for them to grade my street that is erosion ridden is a problem. If the op live outside this country, he will understand the hell he has been living.
he definitely don't know anything. If he knows what happens in the ministries in Nigeria he will know that the problem of Nigeria is beyond big English. From Secretary to DG to permanent Sec. To E.D, head of service many of the are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Difrent:

My bro you exaggerated all these claims.

I live in a place where I have average of 15 to 22 hours electricity and I know lots of people who live in places with 247 electricity. It snot that bad again things have improved in some places . With time we will get there

It's foolish to be subscribing dstv when you live in a place without stable electricity... Blame yourself .

Government is not accountable for tax revenues so the next thing is for citizens to leave the country in droves..... look for another excuse
good for you then let some of us who don't enjoy what some of you privileged Nigerian enjoy let's speak out mind in our situation.
It's not new to a filled up belle doesn't understand what hunger is.
I really don't blame you cos I have seen your type alot
Wise man, Allow we the fools to speak out eh biko.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:
You are a disgrace to humanity. Who told you only one tribe experience tribalism and nepotism in Nigeria? Let's assume truly only one tribe experience it how is that not a problem? Are they not Nigerian?

You're a disgusting tribal biggot
lol bro I did proffer a solution as to how tribalism against Igbo would stop. Read it well. I am saying the problem and offering the solution. Try to learn how to read . Ndi ala πŸ‘€
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Difrent: 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
madone:
good for you then let some of us who don't enjoy what some of you privileged Nigerian enjoy let's speak out mind in our situation.
It's not new to a filled up belle doesn't understand what hunger is.
I really don't blame you cos I have seen your type alot
Wise man, Allow we the fools to speak out eh biko.

Speak our please but don't exaggerate
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2023
Kingrshd3:
If Nigeria is not save then u should have died for long but u are still alive..

For nepa u buy unit then when no light ur unit remains ..

What the OP was actually emphasing is that Japa doesn't determine riches and financial free instead u can still achieve those things in Nigeria ..

So he is right πŸ‘

I still cant remember when prepaid meter became a bank to save money. Or an investment to fix in your money.
Japa has given many financial freedom and given them leverage don't worry for their japa. Nigerian don't travel as much as Indians, or Chinese stop making a big deal out if nothing. Your brothers abroad keeps discouraging Nigerian from coming. You in Nigerian don't want people to go. Tell me something are you running a slave network.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
Difrent:

Speak our please but don't exaggerate
angry oga please stop quoting me take note of my moniker. Don't t make me get ban on NL cos of you.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by victorazy(m): 12:09am On Dec 26, 2023
madone:
So I beg to disagree with all your points

-The only one that came close to reality is racism. But in Nigeria we have tribalism and Nepotism.

-brother Nigerian youths work abroad pay tax and have value for their money. What is the essence of spending money to buy light unit bit you never get light.
What is the meaning of recharging your TV subscription but never get to see light to watch the programs on it till its expires

-What is the use of paying Tax and your government cant show you what the tax is used for or do you think we don't pay tax in Nigeria? Well let me tell u some of us do.

-Who told you Nigeria is is safe. In Nigeria there many ways to die in a day.
I from bokoharam, to herdsmen, kidnappers, ritualistic, hit and run drivers., palmpay, sharkloan
JAPA has helped many families so never call people who japa cowards it's simply means you don't know the meaning of the word coward

What about Genetic Modified Foods he talked about? (No. 4)
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 12:50am On Dec 26, 2023
victorazy:

What about Genetic Modified Foods he talked about? (No. 4)
Why do we have to worry about they when most of the hints we consume are imported from there. And Nigerian like imported foods.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by richard69(m): 2:01am On Dec 26, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.
@ fooooolish op, how much were you able to save this year in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 2:46am On Dec 26, 2023
bejick:

Nigerian are not really lazy, all over the world Nigerian represent very well. All we have is bad Polithiefians stealing our national wealth.
There is difference between hard working and just doing hard work
Also the hardest work is thinking,why so few do it.
Does it look like Nigerians abroad are thinking to solve problem in Nigeria or just for themselves?
Is that how other nationals work hard at building their country or japaIng?
If they ran away where would Nigeria see to run to
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 4:16am On Dec 26, 2023
planetx:
Dummy keep chasing me around on NL, of course I have lived in the US BEFORE, so am talking from experience. So stop doing like you have some breaking news.

Keep spreading fake news about the US on the Internet, bloody ret@rd!

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Difrent: 4:43am On Dec 26, 2023
madone:
angry oga please stop quoting me take note of my moniker. Don't t make me get ban on NL cos of you.

If you stay in your lane you are safe
But if you misbehave.. nairaland is better off without your likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Discriminating Experience In Poland / Truck Filled With Bottles Crashes At Iyana-Ipaja In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Nnewi In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.